pinksofoxy- Christine

missobtuse
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pinksofoxy- Christine

Post by missobtuse »

What Christine really needs to do is a project like 20 pan. With the exception of mascara (which goes bad fairly quick) and her foundation (think she only had like 3), she doesn't need any new makeup. She should limit herself so she doesn't buy any make up, except maybe mascara, tell she finished at least 20 products. And I mean actually finished 20 products, products that go bad or she tosses because she doesn't like wouldn't count. This would take some time, at least a year, and after that time she would know which products she actually uses & thus needs replacing. Plus she would also realize how long it take to actually finish a product and thus hopefully learn that she doesn't need 10 bronzes and 20 lip pencils.

I think a large part of her problem also resides in her habit of buying so many back ups or multiples of a product. I understand she buys products online or might get a deal, but you have to learn when its worth it and when its unnecessary. There is no way she goes through shampoo and body products fast enough to justify buying 4 to 5 of them at a time. You can go broke buying bargains.

shewassun
Talker
Talker

Post by shewassun »

MantisShrimp wrote:I really do understand the urge to buy and his hard it must be for Christine. I'm just saying, from an objective perspective she hadn't found a permanent solution for her issues. Just this temporary bandaid that allows her to indulge in smaller portions and keep the larger urge at bay.
It's sad, but true. Speaking as someone who did have a shopping problem, no attempt to control it really ever worked until I solved the root cause of it. From my personal experience, and what I've noticed with others, people who tend to shop a lot are dissatisfied with some part of their life.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

shewassun wrote:
MantisShrimp wrote:I really do understand the urge to buy and his hard it must be for Christine. I'm just saying, from an objective perspective she hadn't found a permanent solution for her issues. Just this temporary bandaid that allows her to indulge in smaller portions and keep the larger urge at bay.
It's sad, but true. Speaking as someone who did have a shopping problem, no attempt to control it really ever worked until I solved the root cause of it. From my personal experience, and what I've noticed with others, people who tend to shop a lot are dissatisfied with some part of their life.
I would be better able to deal with her shopping addiction if she actually wore different colors and varied her look. But sadly, she has the same brown face and nude lip day after day. She said that she had 150 lipsticks at the start of Makeout 2013. What is the point of having that many virtually identical lipsticks? I could better justify her nail polish collection as at least she changes her nails up.

What puzzles me about Christine is that she doesn't seem at all afraid of change or the unknown. She has flown by the seat of her pants and lived a very transient life. But yet she refuses to change up or be the slightest bit experimental with her makeup. She seems literally afraid to do anything but that brown face. When you have enough makeup to stock a Sephora, you would think you could wear a different look at least a couple of times a month. Not Christine!! She is the most boring person on YT...
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

MakeupLoverInItaly
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupLoverInItaly »

I think Christine should do a Project Pan as well. You don't realize how long a lipstick lasts until you are trying to finish one up. When you do the math, you realize that owning 400 years worth of makeup is ridiculous, shameful and wasteful! I have to admit that for about 2 years (2010-2012), I went crazy and bought a lot of makeup. Thousands of dollars worth. And then, one day, it went from being fun to being overwhelming. But I couldn't stop myself - it had become an addiction. So, I put myself on a 2013 Project Pan and Makeout. I set up rules on how much and what I could buy BUT also made myself finish 30 items (tossing due to old age or donating did not count). As the year went on, I found that the need to buy a new lipstick or eyeshadow diminished so i was able to reduce my stash by about 10%. I am doing a 2014 Project Pan 36 and Makeout. Hopefully, I will be successful again! My goal is to have a reasonable sized makeup collection by the end of 2014.

Getting back to Christine, she could do Project pan update videos, she could do dupe videos, all with the overall theme of reducing her collection. It would make her be different in a sea of "nothing but Hauls and monthly favorites" gurus.

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

usernamexhere wrote:
missobtuse wrote:
BinsBinsBins wrote:There's no way they're living off their jewelry business, especially considering they have no space to make it now. I wonder if Michael went back to the family biz, or if they've gone back to selling sex toys online. I always thought it was strange how she loved to use "delicious" and "luscious" as descriptors, but now that makes sense. It's an honest living... but she's not exactly forthcoming about it on her channel.
They sold sex toys? I was gone for a bit and missed some reading on this threat apparently! Time to go back and do some reading!
No problem, just a misunderstanding. :)
Yeah, she used to own a women's online lingerie/swimwear site (at least that's what she's always said it was) called pinksofoxy, hence her username. And hence her love for pink and leopard things. Other than that it really doesn't reflect her own personal clothing style which why was I was kinda shocked when she first mentioned it.
Yeah, she has said that she told clothing and swimwear online, but someone posted something a while back where she had advertised on some discussion forum about adult toys and such. She sold more than bikinis.

Avalicious
Talker
Talker

Post by Avalicious »

MakeupLoverInItaly wrote:I think Christine should do a Project Pan as well. You don't realize how long a lipstick lasts until you are trying to finish one up. When you do the math, you realize that owning 400 years worth of makeup is ridiculous, shameful and wasteful! I have to admit that for about 2 years (2010-2012), I went crazy and bought a lot of makeup. Thousands of dollars worth. And then, one day, it went from being fun to being overwhelming. But I couldn't stop myself - it had become an addiction. So, I put myself on a 2013 Project Pan and Makeout. I set up rules on how much and what I could buy BUT also made myself finish 30 items (tossing due to old age or donating did not count). As the year went on, I found that the need to buy a new lipstick or eyeshadow diminished so i was able to reduce my stash by about 10%. I am doing a 2014 Project Pan 36 and Makeout. Hopefully, I will be successful again! My goal is to have a reasonable sized makeup collection by the end of 2014.

Getting back to Christine, she could do Project pan update videos, she could do dupe videos, all with the overall theme of reducing her collection. It would make her be different in a sea of "nothing but Hauls and monthly favorites" gurus.
I went crazy buying makeup in 2013 and will be doing Makeout 2014, allowing 10 purchases. I cancelled subscription boxes too. Like you said, at some point you just look at the stuff and feel overwhelmed. Christine has really inspired me to reduce my consumerism. I hope she reaches her inventory goals, and I wish you luck with your collection as well.

Shneck Ache
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Shneck Ache »

There should be a support thread here on GG for people trying to work through their collections and doing no-buys. I really love challenges like that and hearing about people's progress. I wish Christine had done more updates on her "make-out" through 2013.
I'm the poster formerly known as BigFatRoses

PAGirl
Learner
Learner

Post by PAGirl »

makeupnewbie wrote:
MantisShrimp wrote:Regardless of the end date, I don't think that her makeout plans were a complete failure, I just think that they did not resolve the underlying issues she has with shopping. She is simply controlling the addiction at a level that allows her to both indulge in it and still think that "she's doing better" It's like someone who's an alcoholic spending all their energy limiting themselves to a couple of drinks a day, the issue is still there but they delude themselves into thinking that they're ok bcs they've used all their will power to cut back to a few drinks.

That's why she still bought all that crap that looks exactly like the frap she already has. If the solution she chose addressed the actual issue, then even though she was abroad she'd realize it's not a good enough reason to buy an object that she essentially already owns, she's save her money and buy something completely different instead (different tone of blush perhaps or a new shade of lipstick to play with). Christine's whole addiction centers around specific colors of makeup, an she has this urge to hoard it as long as it's nude or a "yummy" shade.

So yea, in my eyes she successfully restricted herself down to fewer purchases but in general, she will continue to make very silly purchases.
I completely disagree with this. Wouldn't a 'silly' purchase be buying something in a color you are not going to wear? She wanted to buy listicks in nudes cause those are what she wears and she found ones in different textures/scents she liked. She even said in her makeout
2013 update that several of her purchases are already brcoming her HG's. And she bought 14 items. Jeez i would hardly call that feeding an addiction akin to an alcoholic drinking several drinks a day! Come on.
I have to agree with makeupnewbie. Christine is into the sensual. We've seen it best with her emphasis on skincare products, where I think her real passion lies. You can also see it in the fabrics she picked for her cottage. As for her makeup, she does what most of us do; gravitate to colors that make us comfortable, be that neutrals or bright colors. She is all about the feel, texture and results of products. So, I have to give her a pass on that, since that's exactly what I do. Over this year of travel and moving into a new place, I hope she has learned what makes her happy.

EdgySequences
Debater
Debater

Post by EdgySequences »

Did she really upload an 11 minute video on how to FOLD TOWELS?! She must be out of ideas...
вє чσursєlf, єvєrчσnє єlsє ís tαkєn <3

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

EdgySequences wrote:Did she really upload an 11 minute video on how to FOLD TOWELS?! She must be out of ideas...
My thoughts exactly.

She's stretching. I couldn't watch after the first minute, and the comments are THANKING her! She says in comments that she's going to do a linen closet video too. I think she could have condensed towels and linens into one video and discussed keeping them white and fluffy, folding nicely, whatever. That would be a better approach than 11 minutes of how to fold simple towels.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

I'm not even bothering watching. It's so ridiculous. I'm a grown up I need no help in how to fold towels.

She could just do videos filming different looks on herself even if she doesn't like them.

Just for fun, stretch out of your comfort zone once a week and experiment with techniques and colors. Who cares about towels!!?!!

PAGirl
Learner
Learner

Post by PAGirl »

Glasses filled with cotton puffs, billowing white curtains and white towel folding. This from the lady who was chased by monkeys and bulls, let fish nibble her feet in Thailand and was harassed by men on the street in India. You gotta give this lady credit. She works with whatever she's got. She's puttin' together a 'cottage' in Hawaii, and showin' how she is workin' the linen storage. Frankly, I can't wait to see what she comes up with next...

missobtuse
Debater
Debater

Post by missobtuse »

I just watched her DIY headboard and I was pretty impressed, it came out quite nice. To be honest though I am not sure the cost of the power tools, the cost of the memory foam and the amount of time it would take to do makes it do able for most people. Never the less it was still way more interesting and informative than all of her travel videos. Then I took a look on her blog to get more information and found this written.
"Fun fact: I've never had a headboard in my entire life… Until now that is. Not only do I have my very own headboard but it's my dream headboard! That's right, after years of lusting over luscious deep tufted designer headboards, which were totally out of my budget… I took matters into my own hands and designed my own. Thanks to my super skilled, rockin' husband, Michael. We worked together to make this DIY project happen."

Lusting? Luscious? Really it is a headboard. I know she use to sell sex toys and adult products, but come on.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

I really wish she would drop the "i'm so poor routine". Having a headboard was out of her budget? Everyone has seen her makeup collection, one of her drawers of makeup would have covered the cost of a headboard. I just watched her linen closet makeover. Question, where is she putting the things that "lived" in that closet to make room for folded towels. Same goes for all of her other videos where she used that space for products that needed to be there only to be taken up by pails of towels.

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

Pluto wrote:I really wish she would drop the "i'm so poor routine". Having a headboard was out of her budget? Everyone has seen her makeup collection, one of her drawers of makeup would have covered the cost of a headboard. I just watched her linen closet makeover. Question, where is she putting the things that "lived" in that closet to make room for folded towels. Same goes for all of her other videos where she used that space for products that needed to be there only to be taken up by pails of towels.
Agreed! Girlfriend just spent several months touring the globe on vacation. She could afford a headboard. Even a designer one.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

BinsBinsBins wrote:
Pluto wrote:I really wish she would drop the "i'm so poor routine". Having a headboard was out of her budget? Everyone has seen her makeup collection, one of her drawers of makeup would have covered the cost of a headboard. I just watched her linen closet makeover. Question, where is she putting the things that "lived" in that closet to make room for folded towels. Same goes for all of her other videos where she used that space for products that needed to be there only to be taken up by pails of towels.
Agreed! Girlfriend just spent several months touring the globe on vacation. She could afford a headboard. Even a designer one.
Is this heifer hinting for monetary gifts? If so, I hope nobody sends her any money or gift cards. She should have thought it through more carefully before she spent 3 straight months traveling!!
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
BinsBinsBins wrote:
Is this heifer hinting for monetary gifts? If so, I hope nobody sends her any money or gift cards. She should have thought it through more carefully before she spent 3 straight months traveling!!
Actually, she spent six months traveling. May to november.

missobtuse
Debater
Debater

Post by missobtuse »

BinsBinsBins wrote:
I totally agree with this.
Did anyone else find it a bit hypocritical that she is apparently a walmart shopper. So she doesn't eat meat, has a habit of buying organic cruelty free health & beauty products, and went on this grand vacation that opened her eyes to poverty and poor conditions of many other countries. But she is fine shopping at Walmart? Which is a company known to buy cheap products that are often made in deplorable conditions in third world countries. Plus Walmart treats their employes like crap and has destroyed many small private business. You would think someone as high and mighty as Christine wouldn't shop their, or would at least not mention shopping their.

Chatty Cathy
Informer
Informer

Post by Chatty Cathy »

missobtuse wrote:I just watched her DIY headboard and I was pretty impressed, it came out quite nice. To be honest though I am not sure the cost of the power tools, the cost of the memory foam and the amount of time it would take to do makes it do able for most people. Never the less it was still way more interesting and informative than all of her travel videos. Then I took a look on her blog to get more information and found this written.
"Fun fact: I've never had a headboard in my entire life… Until now that is. Not only do I have my very own headboard but it's my dream headboard! That's right, after years of lusting over luscious deep tufted designer headboards, which were totally out of my budget… I took matters into my own hands and designed my own. Thanks to my super skilled, rockin' husband, Michael. We worked together to make this DIY project happen."

Lusting? Luscious? Really it is a headboard. I know she use to sell sex toys and adult products, but come on.
She used to sell sex toys? Do tell more!

Return to “Christine Kobzeff”