Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

smisho
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

Post by smisho »

I don't think anyone is falling out with anyone else (I'm certainly not trying to anyway), but surely the whole point of forums is to debate our differences of opinion. I think it makes things more interesting to be honest! Maybe we just need to be a little more careful how we word things so that it's clear it's an opinion and not something you think is fact. There's a difference between "anyone who doesn't spend Christmas together is weird" and "personally I like to spend Christmas with my partner". Anyway, maybe next year they'll spend it together - is this their 2nd Christmas or 3rd? They've been together about 2 years right?

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

I mean just everyone say what you want to say and leave it, your opinion, no need to answer everyone and discuss it.
Btw so where do they families live? Far away or sth?

Post by Guest »

MissMina wrote:I mean just everyone say what you want to say and leave it, your opinion, no need to answer everyone and discuss it.
I know her parents live along the south(east-ish) coast and I got the impression his parents live in southwest England. It's around a 3-hour drive.

serena vanderwoodsen
Learner
Learner

Post by serena vanderwoodsen »

I didn´t expect anyone to agree with me. I stated in a pretty respectful way that I find it funny that they are not spending Christmas together. I will not apologize for doing that. And I don´t think anyone should on here. This is GG and not YouTube. We are not saying that they can not end up happily ever after... Different people spend their holidays differently. But who spends Christmas without their partner if they are over thirty and living together? Even Niomi seemed a bit annoyed at least to me.
* English is not my first language *

dustfairy
Debater
Debater

Post by dustfairy »

MissMina wrote:I mean just everyone say what you want to say and leave it, your opinion, no need to answer everyone and discuss it.
Answering people and discussing is the literal point of this forum. A group of (mostly) intelligent people discussing a topic and bringing different view points that they are sometimes passionate about is the thing that is most interesting about this place.

How boring if we all just posted into the void and no one was allowed to reply or disagree.

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

dustfairy wrote:
Answering people and discussing is the literal point of this forum. A group of (mostly) intelligent people discussing a topic and bringing different view points that they are sometimes passionate about is the thing that is most interesting about this place.

How boring if we all just posted into the void and no one was allowed to reply or disagree.
This really needs to be more accepted on GG. Particularly of note: this is not a trash thread. Nor it is a rave thread. It is a discussion thread and as such you may come across people with opposing opinions to your own. Disagreement and discussion is natural, haughty disdain because people don't hate influencers with the same passion you do isn't helping anyone.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Wombat wrote:
dustfairy wrote:

This really needs to be more accepted on GG. Particularly of note: this is not a trash thread. Nor it is a rave thread. It is a discussion thread and as such you may come across people with opposing opinions to your own. Disagreement and discussion is natural, haughty disdain because people don't hate influencers with the same passion you do isn't helping anyone.
That's fine, but derailing discussion by saying things like 'if they like it that's all that matters!' or 'it's not hurting you!' or similar things aren't really discussing issues, that's just getting hurt because someone dares criticize a "private relationship" and the decisions made within it.

Also the mods should get on the same page because they've literally come into Niomi threads here in the past when these conflicts have come up, and said that this is for trashing and that it's against the rules to try and moderate other people's trash comments. You can go back and find it in past threads if you want to. Also lbr the only reason she's not in the trash a guru forum is just b/c someone made a sorting mistake when they made her thread.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

Weird Vagina wrote:technically, this is not a thrash thread nor a rave thread. it's in a neutral category after all.
so let's respect different opinions ;)
This is a post from a mod from a few pages ago on the 15th.

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

I don't mean don't have discussion, but when there are X post where people are visibly annoyed that someone thinks different than them and repeat their point 10th time then it's not "intelligent" discussion. It can go like this forever :roll:

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Yeah I can't anymore with this thread. She's so boring that it's all squabbling over nothing. Wish there was an unsubscribe from thread button. Bye.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Wombat wrote: This really needs to be more accepted on GG. Particularly of note: this is not a trash thread. Nor it is a rave thread. It is a discussion thread and as such you may come across people with opposing opinions to your own. Disagreement and discussion is natural, haughty disdain because people don't hate influencers with the same passion you do isn't helping anyone.
Umm. Just saying...

Envoyé de mon SM-G570F en utilisant Tapatalk
:love2:

Calabria
Informer
Informer

Post by Calabria »

Tulips wrote:
I know her parents live along the south(east-ish) coast and I got the impression his parents live in southwest England. It's around a 3-hour drive.
They actually only live about an hour and a half apart, so a pretty easy drive if they did want to split time over the festive season.

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

it seems like we need more than one place to discuss niomi now lol. I understand trashing and raving doesn't go together. but I thought we could respect different opinions and not clog up the thread by arguing for nothing at least.

ok, this thread is for 'trashing' from now on.

and for 'raving', you can go to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=353&t=34632

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

lara777 wrote:If you look on social blade, you can see she lost 12,746 subscribers in the last month alone. It is the beginning of the end for her. She had a good thing going on but she is such a mediocre business woman, she made terrible mistakes. She could have vlogged her journey to become miss sustainability and healthy eating, starting her life with her hot boyfriend, and place herself well in the Youtube community and post one interesting video a week about it. She could have launched vegan products in environmental friendly packages. She could have taken her smart swap idea (or whatever it's called) and make it something big. But she posted one mediocre video a week, barely vlogged and just stayed stuck in doing sponsored travels/videos, not realising that was so 2014 and this kind of Youtubers was dying down.

It's a shame, she had a lot of privileges, was lucky enough to get a Youtube career and she was too daft to make it work. I think she might have planned on becoming a "wife of" and climb the high society ladder but the proposal is not coming...
Sure she had a pretty good life before youtube anyway

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

What happened to her? I saw on a story that they had some stressful days lately??

:love2:

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

lolita_blah wrote:What happened to her? I saw on a story that they had some stressful days lately??

I just noticed that as well. No idea

Lime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lime »

Maybe family or health related? Who knows. She never shares much, I guess she'll brush it off when she comes back.
English is not my native language, excuse the mistakes.

lafille
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lafille »

They broke up? LOL

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

Lime wrote:Maybe family or health related? Who knows. She never shares much, I guess she'll brush it off when she comes back.
Can't be too-too bad if she's out bowling with Joe and Venetia.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

lolita_blah wrote:What happened to her? I saw on a story that they had some stressful days lately??

booja booja vegan chocolate must be sold out of every shop within a 3 mile radius. praying for her.

Return to “Niomi Smart”