Smaller, lesser talked about bloggers.

Flo Kennedy
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Smaller, lesser talked about bloggers.

Post by Flo Kennedy »

Hi there, newbie here! I'm not sure if there's a thread already up about this blogger, but today I came across 'Love For Lacquer'. The stats are what get me - over 2 MILLION likes on Facebook, but then only 1250 on Bloglovin & 9000 on Twitter?! Whut.

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

^^ Bought followers!! Clearly .. I don't get it, how is it impressive if you didn't earn the followers through your awesome writing. Oh they can't write haha.
:rofl:
Please bear with me, English is my second language

Jayme
Talker
Talker

Post by Jayme »

Flo Kennedy wrote:Hi there, newbie here! I'm not sure if there's a thread already up about this blogger, but today I came across 'Love For Lacquer'. The stats are what get me - over 2 MILLION likes on Facebook, but then only 1250 on Bloglovin & 9000 on Twitter?! Whut.

I think I mentioned her in here somewhere when her Facebook numbers shot up. Clearly buying followers because her content is crap. Guess she hasn't found a way to buy them on twitter and bloglovin yet to match her inflated facebook amount

Jayme
Talker
Talker

Post by Jayme »

Jayme wrote:Have you guys heard of a blogger called Love For Lacquer? I only know who she is because it seems like whenever I like anything on Facebook her page comes up as recommended. I don't know if this chick is buying likes or paying Facebook the big $$$ for advertising but she has over 500,000 likes on her page and some of the ugliest nail polish swatches I've seen...her lighting is horrible and her nails just kind of gross me out in general for some reason.

https://www.facebook.com/loveforlacquer

found it. apparently shes bought her self 1.5+ million likes since November ha

annapolly
Debater
Debater

Post by annapolly »

Wishwishwish gets on my nerves. She obviously has done a crap ton of sponsored posts throughout the years but I don't think I've seen her declare it. I also met her at a party once and she's quite snobby. She did a fashion degree and to some extent has fashion on her blog, but protests that she knows nothing about it. She doesn't seem grateful for all these opportunities, which is pretty sad.
judging u

Flo Kennedy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Flo Kennedy »

That's one of the things that really bugs me - when bloggers aren't honest! I was reading a swimwear blog post by In The Frow earlier, and it said at the bottom "some of these items may have been sent to me for review" - well either they have or they haven't! :') :?

rachyreed1990
Learner
Learner

Post by rachyreed1990 »

someone mentioned the londoner recently...well i just stumbled acorss this hilar article/forum/gg type webiste - http://wiki.getoffmyinternets.net/?s=th ... ncsub_wiki

bloggergossip
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bloggergossip »

Hi guys long time lurker first time poster. I think Love For Lacquer definitely bought likes. There are a few other nail bloggers who shot up very quickly too and their numbers don't match their subscriber counts elsewhere....probably purchased. They are all friends too so probably told the others where to buy the likes.

http://www.loveforlacquer.com/ (2,509,000 fb 1,200 bloglovin, 10,000 instagram)
http://www.alllacqueredup.com/ (3,780,000 fb 7,000 bloglovin, 5,000 instagram)
http://www.thepolishaholic.com/ (547,000 fb 13,000 bloglovin, 19,000 instagram)
http://www.cosmeticsanctuary.com/ (3,091,000 fb 375 bloglovin, 8,000 instagram)

Can we take a moment to laugh at that last one....375 BLOGLOVIN and over 3 million on facebook?!??????? How could that be anything but purchased?

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

Flo Kennedy wrote:That's one of the things that really bugs me - when bloggers aren't honest! I was reading a swimwear blog post by In The Frow earlier, and it said at the bottom "some of these items may have been sent to me for review" - well either they have or they haven't! :') :?
Or the totally obvious---- #nomakeup #nofilter. Geez, people are not blind.

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

It doesn't even make sense, but truthfully, I found out the other day that some or even most PR companies don't care where followers come from, fake or not, on GOMI a PR person actually said that she knows that people bought followers and it doesn't bother her. Which to me doesn't make sense, because a following should be legitimate people that could be persuaded to buy items therefore generating income and exposure for a brand. Otherwise, what's the point.

PS - All I can do is a massive eye roll when I see the nofilter hashtags when clearly, they've either filtered the shit out of the photo or is wearing makeup (yes BB cream counts as makeup okay).
Please bear with me, English is my second language

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

INdifferent wrote:It doesn't even make sense, but truthfully, I found out the other day that some or even most PR companies don't care where followers come from, fake or not, on GOMI a PR person actually said that she knows that people bought followers and it doesn't bother her. Which to me doesn't make sense, because a following should be legitimate people that could be persuaded to buy items therefore generating income and exposure for a brand. Otherwise, what's the point.

PS - All I can do is a massive eye roll when I see the nofilter hashtags when clearly, they've either filtered the shit out of the photo or is wearing makeup (yes BB cream counts as makeup okay).
I think as long as a blogger has that amount of "followers", other people would perceive it as something legitimate. They won't stress on checking on the blogger. It'll be like just reading some review on a magazine.

And yes, massive eye roll. I see it a lot in asian bloggers. Clearly, there's something. You also don't go from small Chinese eyes to round/almond ones instantly. Not even suggesting surgery, but while falsies help make it appear larger, you can still tell the natural size of the eyes.

Jayme
Talker
Talker

Post by Jayme »

bloggergossip wrote:Hi guys long time lurker first time poster. I think Love For Lacquer definitely bought likes. There are a few other nail bloggers who shot up very quickly too and their numbers don't match their subscriber counts elsewhere....probably purchased. They are all friends too so probably told the others where to buy the likes.

http://www.loveforlacquer.com/ (2,509,000 fb 1,200 bloglovin, 10,000 instagram)
http://www.alllacqueredup.com/ (3,780,000 fb 7,000 bloglovin, 5,000 instagram)
http://www.thepolishaholic.com/ (547,000 fb 13,000 bloglovin, 19,000 instagram)
http://www.cosmeticsanctuary.com/ (3,091,000 fb 375 bloglovin, 8,000 instagram)

Can we take a moment to laugh at that last one....375 BLOGLOVIN and over 3 million on facebook?!??????? How could that be anything but purchased?
lol 375 bloglovin...I think you should look at interaction on their pages also. High numbers doesn't equal buying them IMO (for Facebook only, I don't know if you can buy followers on the other things)

Love for lacquer gets less than 1000 likes on most posts (clearly bought followers, 2.5 million and not even getting 1000 likes on a post?)
All Lacquered up is about 1000-2000 likes per post, makes me think they are bought also
The polishaholic looks like 10,000-12,000 likes on each post...this makes me feel like maybe hers are actual people since the interaction is high. Also her numbers on bloglovin and IG are high compared to the other 3
Cosmetic Sanctuary gets anywhere from 5,000-20,000 likes so her Facebook people seem to be interacting. I do laugh at the bloglovin number though

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

^^ Interaction, yeah. I'm starting to think Bellyjellywelly followers are bought too. Around 16k followers in IG with max of 1k likes... but with comments, peopke hardly do! I think people only "like" her photos because of the clothing adverts or if her more popular friends/blogshop models are in it like Drea

thedukeishere
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by thedukeishere »

What does everyone think of beauty in beta, she seems very nice at first but I find she will only talk to people if it benefits her, she seems quite up herself?

supersecret
Lurker
Lurker

Post by supersecret »

I know her blog is very popular, but I'm not the biggest fan of the black pearl blog. I just find Sandra to be quite snobby, don't know if I'm the only one to think that? I had a look at her parenting blog and there was a post about her son going to nursery school and she was talking about how she takes an attachment parenting approach to raising her son, which is fair enough because she clearly loves and adores him. She made a comment though about how she has never felt the need to have a break from him, I felt like she was having a dig at women who do tbh. Just because a women needs some "me time" every now and then doesn't mean she is any less of a good parent! I don't know maybe it's because she is polish, I know I'm generalizing a bit but the women from eastern Europe, Russia etc do tend to want to focus on getting married and having kids and staying home, whereas that is popular among British and western European women, but probably to a lesser extent and even if that is what the women wants they would probably still work too. Another thing that bugs me about her is quite a few times she has moaned about renting and how she would love her own house or other times how she wants a holiday. Maybe if she didn't buy a ridiculous amount of makeup, accessories etc she would be able to afford to save for a deposit on a house! I mean from what I can tell she never goes out so what does she need it all for?!

It's a shame actually because when I first discovered her blog shortly after she started it I absolutely loved it, I thought she was really nice and I really enjoyed the diy posts that she would do. Now she is just like every other beauty blog out there and it's a shame.

Flo Kennedy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Flo Kennedy »

thedukeishere wrote:What does everyone think of beauty in beta, she seems very nice at first but I find she will only talk to people if it benefits her, she seems quite up herself?
Yepp this is exactly what I thought too! Think quite a lot of bloggers are like this sadly.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

Flo Kennedy wrote:
thedukeishere wrote:What does everyone think of beauty in beta, she seems very nice at first but I find she will only talk to people if it benefits her, she seems quite up herself?
Yepp this is exactly what I thought too! Think quite a lot of bloggers are like this sadly.
It's more annoying if they even sound like that. Some bloggers still keep that friendly conversational vibe, others end up sounding overcompensated.

keepitsimple
Learner
Learner

Post by keepitsimple »

supersecret wrote:I know her blog is very popular, but I'm not the biggest fan of the black pearl blog. I just find Sandra to be quite snobby, don't know if I'm the only one to think that? I had a look at her parenting blog and there was a post about her son going to nursery school and she was talking about how she takes an attachment parenting approach to raising her son, which is fair enough because she clearly loves and adores him. She made a comment though about how she has never felt the need to have a break from him, I felt like she was having a dig at women who do tbh. Just because a women needs some "me time" every now and then doesn't mean she is any less of a good parent! I don't know maybe it's because she is polish, I know I'm generalizing a bit but the women from eastern Europe, Russia etc do tend to want to focus on getting married and having kids and staying home, whereas that is popular among British and western European women, but probably to a lesser extent and even if that is what the women wants they would probably still work too. Another thing that bugs me about her is quite a few times she has moaned about renting and how she would love her own house or other times how she wants a holiday. Maybe if she didn't buy a ridiculous amount of makeup, accessories etc she would be able to afford to save for a deposit on a house! I mean from what I can tell she never goes out so what does she need it all for?!

It's a shame actually because when I first discovered her blog shortly after she started it I absolutely loved it, I thought she was really nice and I really enjoyed the diy posts that she would do. Now she is just like every other beauty blog out there and it's a shame.
i think that statement "because she is Polish is a bit off..." I'm eastern European as well and yeah in the actual country women are basically pressured by their grandmothers to have kids and settle down before 25, but i just visit, back home (USA) half of the girls i know have openly admitted they don't want to be in school and just want to get married and have kids and a rich husband.

but i do agree that she shouldn't complain about things like that when clearly she would have the money if she used it wisely. i used to like her blog as well but it just annoys me now (her twitter is even worse) she just rubs me the wrong way

ahint
Learner
Learner

Post by ahint »

what does everyone think of beauty professor? I like her writing style etc, but her pictures are awful, i mean the product pics. Also her ridiculous model poses which look extremely funny. She seems like a nice lady, but those face pictures make me laugh every time I see them.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XlBCRmDAvx4/V ... 00/ds3.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ASRzqvNRo60/V ... 00/j19.JPG

Rage&Love
Informer
Informer

Post by Rage&Love »

I know this girl's instagram/blog has been mentioned in here before but I was having a nose and I can't deal with how cringey this is:
#natwest #natwestblack #grownup #blackaccount #business #like #love #natwestblackaccount #shopaholic #exclusive #bbloggers #creditcard
:?

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”