Ghostparties

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ghostparties

Post by Ombre_so_over »

Wow today's blog really reached whole new levels of self importance, and DULLNESS

Corgetta_1
Informer
Informer

Post by Corgetta_1 »

She is so dull, self absorbed....boring content. Unsubscribed.
She needs to find a career. Go back to school...do something worthwhile with her stagnant life.

Corgetta_1
Informer
Informer

Post by Corgetta_1 »

She doesn't do anything all day...putzes around. DULL. She needs to fine job. Bone idle. What's with her voice...drags and does a laugh at every sentence.

Tayl0r222
Learner
Learner

Post by Tayl0r222 »

following

Fairylights23
Learner
Learner

Post by Fairylights23 »

How was her weekend any diffrent to her week vlogs? See Jordan at the coffie shop, organise some stuff - agein!! Open more freebies,boring!

anniexo
Learner
Learner

Post by anniexo »

^^ikr. She's seems like a nice enough girl, but just SO vapid. Who would she be without "pretty things"? Does she like have opinions on stuff outside of West Elm and sofa cushions? Maybe she does, but doesn't share them because opinions aren't pretty or on-brand enough. Maybe my expectations are just too high for this depressingly materialistic/consumerist group of youtubers.

She should vlog herself out and about in Glasgow -- and not just shopping -- to mix her content up. There's plenty of stuff to do in Glasgow: art galleries, museums, parks, etc. She needs to get out of her perfectly curated flat more often. She could have even shown the process of opening up a coffee shop in more detail.

I don't get how Jordan's okay with living in such a girly flat either? Maybe he just doesn't care. But she could at least include some masculine pieces/areas even if it's just to make it more obvious he lives there too. Same goes for the coffee shop, but she did mention they're (she's) getting rid of the pink chairs, so maybe she realised it's OTT.

Corgetta_1
Informer
Informer

Post by Corgetta_1 »

Don't believe Jordan has much say in their relationship. It's about her. Her likes. Her wants. She comes across very narcissist, needy, selfish and shallow.
She'll divorce the poor guy when someone better comes around. She is that type. Everything is replaceable.

rustandust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by rustandust »

Lol at her flippantly saying that she's gonna get rid of her benefit bad girl bang mascara though.
So much money splashed at the blogger launch of that mascara in Maldives and no one talks about it after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gretucci
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gretucci »

So in her packing video I heard her say she would get rid of this and that several times. Surely she means giving it to a friend or donating it? I don't want to think about £££ hourglass palettes and newly opened mascaras in the bin. And I think she wanted to get rid of a bronzer because "it's good to do so once in a while" or something like that, but I've only ever heard about liquid products expiring? Why chuck a perfectly good bronzer unless it's as old as time (which it wasn't) and all cracked? Someone enlighten me lol.

rustandust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by rustandust »

glamdamage wrote:So in her packing video I heard her say she would get rid of this and that several times. Surely she means giving it to a friend or donating it? I don't want to think about £££ hourglass palettes and newly opened mascaras in the bin. And I think she wanted to get rid of a bronzer because "it's good to do so once in a while" or something like that, but I've only ever heard about liquid products expiring? Why chuck a perfectly good bronzer unless it's as old as time (which it wasn't) and all cracked? Someone enlighten me lol.
yes i believe she donates! she mentioned it before. ofc no one knows if she actually does. she said she just gets rid of things she doesn't use often.
prob doing it 90% because of how it doesn't fit her ~aesthetic and her drawers tho. haha she does drone on and on about it.

gretucci
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gretucci »

rustandust wrote:
glamdamage wrote:So in her packing video I heard her say she would get rid of this and that several times. Surely she means giving it to a friend or donating it? I don't want to think about £££ hourglass palettes and newly opened mascaras in the bin. And I think she wanted to get rid of a bronzer because "it's good to do so once in a while" or something like that, but I've only ever heard about liquid products expiring? Why chuck a perfectly good bronzer unless it's as old as time (which it wasn't) and all cracked? Someone enlighten me lol.
yes i believe she donates! she mentioned it before. ofc no one knows if she actually does. she said she just gets rid of things she doesn't use often.
prob doing it 90% because of how it doesn't fit her ~aesthetic and her drawers tho. haha she does drone on and on about it.
Thanks for replying! I don't watch her regularly so I wondered why she said "getting rid" :roll:

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

anniexo wrote:Who would she be without "pretty things"? Does she like have opinions on stuff outside of West Elm and sofa cushions? Maybe she does, but doesn't share them because opinions aren't pretty or on-brand enough.
You've really hit a point there. YouTubers are bland, they don't have opinions on anything. I don't recall ever hearing Kate give a strong opinion about something that matters. I'm not diminishing style and beauty, it has its place but it's hardly important in the grand scheme of things.

I'd love for her - or any vlogger!!! - to talk about something that actually matters even if it's just something important to them (other than style/beauty/trinkets!) Kate doesn't even really talk about the coffee shop???

halials94
Learner
Learner

Post by halials94 »

I used to really enjoy watching Kate's videos as I love houses/decor and even though her style is not mine, I did like watch her do things around her house. It's gotten to a point though where that's all she does? She changes furniture from here to there, rearranges her shelves, changes a picture frame... is that all there really is to her? And also take flat lays for Instagram. And cats. Literally nothing else. An ocasional clear out, a couple of gins and that's it. I find myself constantly passing on her videos. I guess you guys are right saying that she doesn't need the money because she fore sure does nothing all day.

Minimalist
Talker
Talker

Post by Minimalist »

I really struggle to make it through a whole video of hers. I just find her so bland and boring like most of you have said.
I was really unimpressed with the bedroom tour she put up. I actually found it quite cluttered and messy to be honest with the shoes on the fireplace and "stuff" just displayed everywhere. Everything in her flat just looks the same to me. I did laugh at her husband basically just getting that tiny little shelf in a corner to display his stuff. :D
Like many, my husband isn't that bothered about home decor, but I think he would go crazy living somewhere like that. I actually quite like that our home reflects both our interests to some degree. I would never guess that her husband lived there if I didn't already know.

rwnnyrsy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rwnnyrsy »

Minimalist wrote:I really struggle to make it through a whole video of hers. I just find her so bland and boring like most of you have said.
I was really unimpressed with the bedroom tour she put up. I actually found it quite cluttered and messy to be honest with the shoes on the fireplace and "stuff" just displayed everywhere. Everything in her flat just looks the same to me. I did laugh at her husband basically just getting that tiny little shelf in a corner to display his stuff. :D
Like many, my husband isn't that bothered about home decor, but I think he would go crazy living somewhere like that. I actually quite like that our home reflects both our interests to some degree. I would never guess that her husband lived there if I didn't already know.
This!!!! I also think her room is full of clutter, esp the wall opposite her bed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

anniexo
Learner
Learner

Post by anniexo »

snarkvark wrote:
anniexo wrote:Who would she be without "pretty things"? Does she like have opinions on stuff outside of West Elm and sofa cushions? Maybe she does, but doesn't share them because opinions aren't pretty or on-brand enough.
You've really hit a point there. YouTubers are bland, they don't have opinions on anything. I don't recall ever hearing Kate give a strong opinion about something that matters. I'm not diminishing style and beauty, it has its place but it's hardly important in the grand scheme of things.

I'd love for her - or any vlogger!!! - to talk about something that actually matters even if it's just something important to them (other than style/beauty/trinkets!) Kate doesn't even really talk about the coffee shop???
Yeah, you really have to go to other parts of youtube to find people talking about anything of substance. With beauty/fashion/lifestyle YT's, it's like that becomes who they are and they don't develop any real interests or knowledge outside that. I particularly noticed it with Kate for some reason, but it seems so has everyone else on this thread. She's just so...bland. She hardly talks about the shop other than the decor really.
Minimalist wrote:I did laugh at her husband basically just getting that tiny little shelf in a corner to display his stuff. :D
was loling @ "we don't love it".

Yeah I get why people love her flat, but that room tour (I skipped through it) just seemed underwhelming. I find her style too trendy and modern anyway, but I thought the room lacked a sense of cohesiveness...there's nothing really pulling it together. Almost quite teeny/childlike in a way?? Like it's how you'd imagine decorating your room when you're a grown up lol.

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

rwnnyrsy wrote:This!!!! I also think her room is full of clutter, esp the wall opposite her bed.
Yes! Why does she leave all that shit out, won't it get dusty? Oh wait, I forgot she has all the time in the world to clean and organise and reorganise everything over and over and over. How is she not bored out of her mind??
BANNED

:hugs:

Chuchi
Informer
Informer

Post by Chuchi »

hanaemii wrote:
rwnnyrsy wrote:This!!!! I also think her room is full of clutter, esp the wall opposite her bed.
Yes! Why does she leave all that shit out, won't it get dusty? Oh wait, I forgot she has all the time in the world to clean and organise and reorganise everything over and over and over. How is she not bored out of her mind??
My big problem with her decour is that she doesn't have anything personal, all the little things were brought for the whole instagram aesthetic, unlike most people that have different things with sentimental value, maybe something you bought on a trip or for your first apartment or even a picture with your friends or family! It's so impersonal, like a store showroom.

a_stranger_thing
Learner
Learner

Post by a_stranger_thing »

Every time I see one of her expertly places paperclips I'm like :roll: And all the BS prints too! I'm really not into all these boring motivational quotes and basic Photoshop jobs that everyone and their mum seems to be obsessed with. Everyone's home is full of the same boring prints and it's awful. No personality, no originality, just another stupid quote or palm print that probably took someone a whole 3.5 seconds to whip up in Photoshop. If this style of art isn't basic to the upmost degree then I don't know what is!

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

a_stranger_thing wrote: If this style of art isn't basic to the upmost degree then I don't know what is!
Lmao I thought she made all those herself.. imagine paying for something you can make yourself in photoshop - especially when you're in that line of work

So true about her not having anything personal.. her home is no different from their coffee shop.
BANNED

:hugs:

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”