Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Re: Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

Post by Squishypotato » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:11 pm

faceface wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:08 pm
...and then a vlog is uploaded and it is the same old boring stuff: staples. Jumper, jeans, blazer, trainer, ankle boot....we already know all of this Emma. And I have all of those items, I get the staple principle, I live by it myself. I do not need you to tell me this 4 times per year though, it is boring.
I thought you were joking,and then I saw her "autumn must haves" video come up on my feed! :rofl:
At least (hopefully) there'll be some travel content coming up, the places they went to looked amazing on Stories..
I hope this break gives her a bit of a reset with her content.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 pm

So she posts in stories about her new favourite soda, that is is caffeine free. Yes sure Emma, let's just overlook the 'made with real cane sugar' on the label. How are those food intolerances going?

Toothfairy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Toothfairy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Just starting to notice the results of the Botox. It’s like she has lost her chin. I don’t think it’s had the desired effect she was hoping for. In the latest video you really see something has changed in her face. I wonder if she happy with the results.

meowmeowbeans
Learner
Learner

Post by meowmeowbeans » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Do you think her chin is due to the Botox? Genuine question, as I know next to nothing about Botox :D

I always suspected that they started using a different camera for her fashion videos, as she has looked off for the past 6 months or so. I do think she's gained a little weight, but that can't be the whole story because her IG photos still look pretty flattering, and she looks fine in her vlogs. Anything taken with an iPhone will make you look slimmer, and that definitely isn't what they use to shoot her fashion content. Maybe nicer video equipment doesn't necessarily make you look better? For instance, I think she looks really bad in those M&S adverts. It's like the camera has squashed all the depth so her facial features and body look really wide.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:58 pm

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:38 pm
Do you think her chin is due to the Botox? Genuine question, as I know next to nothing about Botox :D

I always suspected that they started using a different camera for her fashion videos, as she has looked off for the past 6 months or so. I do think she's gained a little weight, but that can't be the whole story because her IG photos still look pretty flattering, and she looks fine in her vlogs. Anything taken with an iPhone will make you look slimmer, and that definitely isn't what they use to shoot her fashion content. Maybe nicer video equipment doesn't necessarily make you look better? For instance, I think she looks really bad in those M&S adverts. It's like the camera has squashed all the depth so her facial features and body look really wide.
Yeah the M&S IGTV made her look so pale and squashed! But yes I also have noticed the chin weirdness (no shade, as I have many chins myself haha). It somehow seems less defined,and I think the forehead wrinkles she was worried about seem to have gone. But the "deeper" lines on her face seem more pronounced with all the weird grimaces she pulls all the time now.
Maybe it's Botox, maybe it's camera equipment... I still have no idea how making weird faces at the camera is supposed to make her relatable!

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:01 pm

faceface wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 pm
So she posts in stories about her new favourite soda, that is is caffeine free. Yes sure Emma, let's just overlook the 'made with real cane sugar' on the label. How are those food intolerances going?
I guess she isn't intolerant of sugar! Or...sweets...or pastries...or junk food.. :D

SunnyBunny
Learner
Learner

Post by SunnyBunny » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:27 pm

Squishypotato wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:01 pm
faceface wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 pm
I guess she isn't intolerant of sugar! Or...sweets...or pastries...or junk food.. :D
The only thing she's truly intolerant to is being "normal" and tolerant to everything 😂

What is with this weird trend among youtubers to be "intolerant" to something? I noticed it in quite a few youtubers I've follow. It's not hip, guys, it's a health condition 🤦‍♀️ you don't pretend to be diabetic, do you?

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:33 am

Okay so today's vlog is not all that bad really! She went to charity shops, with Debs. And while these were 'high end' charity shops, due to the affluent location, it is finally something different from what she always does. So thumbs up for that. I do hope she does make it into a series, like she said in the vlog, and then hopefully include charity shops from different areas as well.

One thing though, but perhaps this is just me, I got the feeling another reason she asked Debs to come along is because she felt uncomfortable going into these shops by herself. Because I have a hard time believing her claim 'Debs is better at spotting things that might be off with garments'. I mean, Emma has worked in fashion retail herself! Surely she is quite capable of noticing scuffs, marks and loose threads.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:52 pm

faceface wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:33 am
Okay so today's vlog is not all that bad really! She went to charity shops, with Debs. And while these were 'high end' charity shops, due to the affluent location, it is finally something different from what she always does. So thumbs up for that. I do hope she does make it into a series, like she said in the vlog, and then hopefully include charity shops from different areas as well.

One thing though, but perhaps this is just me, I got the feeling another reason she asked Debs to come along is because she felt uncomfortable going into these shops by herself. Because I have a hard time believing her claim 'Debs is better at spotting things that might be off with garments'. I mean, Emma has worked in fashion retail herself! Surely she is quite capable of noticing scuffs, marks and loose threads.
Nope, I also thought the same. Also, Emma is just so pretentious and has dug herself into this sustainability hole that now she’s pretty much forced to shop in a charity shop once in a while to keep up the charade. I don’t really know how to put it into words, but it’s also almost like “Debs you need to come with me because you can’t afford to not shop in charity shops whereas I can.” Does that make sense? I always get the feeling she thinks she’s better than Debs because Debs shops at Primark (very noticeable when Debs did that Primark haul for Emma).

2xblended
Informer
Informer

Post by 2xblended » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:49 pm

^ I had checked out Deb's channel a while back and she does seem to go for more high street stuff. That's partly her budget and partly her style. Emma, on the other hand, has always been into labels. I think they balance each other out quite well as friends in that way.
I like that Emma doesn't act like other influenzas and only rub shoulders with people who wear head-to-toe designer, she has an actual friendship with Debs and, while their clothing budgets are on opposite ends of the spectrum, there's no judgement from either of them about the other. Its nice. :)
So, I don't think Emma was being derogatory by asking Debs for input, she was just asking a friend to help because she hasn't done it before. I don't buy that Debs has a better eye for spotting flaws; I think it's like @faceface said, she was uncomfortable and needed Debs for support when trying out something unfamiliar to her. But even then, it still is normal to ask your friend to join you when you're trying something new and make an outing of it. *shrug*

I do concur that she's dug herself a hole with the 'sustainability' move. She's clearly trying to find a way to continue shopping and creating content whilst being sustainable, which seems to equal pre-loved bargain hunting in her mind. I still feel the better option is to make capsule wardrobes out of what she already has and for her to create styling videos around those pieces. Adding more stuff to her wardrobes, even if it is thrifted, is wasteful considering the volume she already owns.

Also, quite excited to see the Canada vlog. She seemed to be really relaxed (although I didn't see Simon smile once in her stories! hopefully her's happier in the vlog) and the scenery looked incredible. That will be a nice bit of variety for her content. :tu:

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:16 pm

2xblended wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:49 pm
^ I had checked out Deb's channel a while back and she does seem to go for more high street stuff. That's partly her budget and partly her style. Emma, on the other hand, has always been into labels. I think they balance each other out quite well as friends in that way.
I like that Emma doesn't act like other influenzas and only rub shoulders with people who wear head-to-toe designer, she has an actual friendship with Debs and, while their clothing budgets are on opposite ends of the spectrum, there's no judgement from either of them about the other. Its nice. :)
So, I don't think Emma was being derogatory by asking Debs for input, she was just asking a friend to help because she hasn't done it before. I don't buy that Debs has a better eye for spotting flaws; I think it's like @faceface said, she was uncomfortable and needed Debs for support when trying out something unfamiliar to her. But even then, it still is normal to ask your friend to join you when you're trying something new and make an outing of it. *shrug*

I do concur that she's dug herself a hole with the 'sustainability' move. She's clearly trying to find a way to continue shopping and creating content whilst being sustainable, which seems to equal pre-loved bargain hunting in her mind. I still feel the better option is to make capsule wardrobes out of what she already has and for her to create styling videos around those pieces. Adding more stuff to her wardrobes, even if it is thrifted, is wasteful considering the volume she already owns.

Also, quite excited to see the Canada vlog. She seemed to be really relaxed (although I didn't see Simon smile once in her stories! hopefully her's happier in the vlog) and the scenery looked incredible. That will be a nice bit of variety for her content. :tu:
I agree about the shopping: while it makes a change from her usual 'thing', she does not need more clothes, thrifted or otherwise. She needs to expand in another direction completely, like with the travel vlogs.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:17 am

2xblended wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:49 pm

As you guys have said, thumbs up for shaking things up and I also look forward to the travel vlog. While I don't have anything against second hand shopping from charity shops /bargain hunting etc, I think she may be confusing her message a little bit.. she probably intends for it to support her sustainability schtick, but for some reason the way she goes on about the bargains she's scored (e.g the vintage haul video) makes me feel like it's more of a bargain hunt instead. Nothing wrong with either, but as a viewer that's the message I'm getting.
I follow other sustainable /bargain hunt type influenzas, but with them the message they deliver is clear- usually "on brand" in line with their focus (one or the other)
Either way, kudos for changing things up, but yes Emma do consider shopping LESS! (Thrifted or otherwise) :tu:

drasticactions
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by drasticactions » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:50 pm

I still think it is odd she was all "I only see the labels and not the flaws" doesn't she check these things when buying new clothes? Just do the same thing. I think this just proves even more that she just has a shopping/consumption problem

meowmeowbeans
Learner
Learner

Post by meowmeowbeans » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:03 pm

Oh, I very much believe that she doesn't pay attention to details like that. In her secondhand haul, she bought things that clearly didn't fit, even though measurements could have been very easily procured had she bothered to ask the sellers. In one of her old Zara/Mango/whatever hauls, she seemed surprised by the fabric content on one of the pieces, even saying "I don't check fabric content before I order things," because.... she likes to be surprised about something like that? The types of details that would be of concern to any normal shopper just aren't on her radar, because the piece will simply disappear into the abyss of her closet while she purchases something new the next week.

While I do appreciate the change of pace of her charity shop video, I can't help but be a little annoyed by it, because I (and many other people) have been secondhand shopping for years. It's not a novelty or a fad, as she seems to think sustainability is. I guess it's the same feeling of when you've liked a band for ages and ages, and suddenly someone begins shouting from the rafters about this GREAT NEW BAND that they found and everyone should listen to. ;)

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 pm

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:03 pm
Oh, I very much believe that she doesn't pay attention to details like that. In her secondhand haul, she bought things that clearly didn't fit, even though measurements could have been very easily procured had she bothered to ask the sellers. In one of her old Zara/Mango/whatever hauls, she seemed surprised by the fabric content on one of the pieces, even saying "I don't check fabric content before I order things," because.... she likes to be surprised about something like that? The types of details that would be of concern to any normal shopper just aren't on her radar, because the piece will simply disappear into the abyss of her closet while she purchases something new the next week.

While I do appreciate the change of pace of her charity shop video, I can't help but be a little annoyed by it, because I (and many other people) have been secondhand shopping for years. It's not a novelty or a fad, as she seems to think sustainability is. I guess it's the same feeling of when you've liked a band for ages and ages, and suddenly someone begins shouting from the rafters about this GREAT NEW BAND that they found and everyone should listen to. ;)
Haha, we should all have been tagging #emmahillmademedoit #secondhandbutgrand because you know, its such a novel concept! :D

I also found the "label" thing slightly obnoxious..as we know having a designer label on it doesn't necessarily justify the price, or mean that it is of great quality (new or thrifted).

2xblended
Informer
Informer

Post by 2xblended » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:19 am

My takeaways from the first Canada vlog:

1- She definitely doesn't have a wheat intolerance of any sort, given that she was eating doughnuts and the like. The blood test results must have put her in the clear- maybe that's why she never gave us an update of the intolerance test? I doubt she has any issues with dairy, in spite of her saying she did, because a lot of those doughnuts have milk in their glazing, which would have been dreadful for her if she were actually intolerant to dairy.

2- Loved the vlog, and the scenery and hiking trails she showed. She looked sooo happy and the area is beautiful. It literally made me want to visit! It's the first of their travel vlogs that I've watched and I was impressed when she said they usually don't pre-book accommodation but fly by the seat of their pants. That's so much more spontaneous than I gave her credit for!
Such a refreshing change from her formula of weekly shopping hauls! More of this content, Emma! You look happy and we're thrilled to get a bit of variety! :tu:

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:10 am

'Emma, please stop making those faces and doing that awful thing with your tongue!'

Toothfairy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Toothfairy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:53 am

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:38 pm

It’s hard to say but something has definitely changed with her face. I know she complained about a double chin previously but I think it’s now more pronounced as her lower jaw looks to be further back making her chin look like it runs straight into her neck.
The M&S video looked awful but I do think that was down to their camera but also how she was dressed didn’t help.

sellbydate
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sellbydate » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:51 am

Her fixation on labels is absolutely a thing - it was abundantly clear on her haul video, she was beside herself because of the burberry coat. When it comes to designer stuff, all her rationality goes out the window. It doesn't matter if it's ill fitting or actually ugly (I can't with all these leather coats, but that's down to personal taste) - she will buy it because it is such a bargain. In a way it's fascinating - why is she still so obsessed with brands? Doesn't she own enough of them by now? You'd think the giddy appeal would wear off at some point. It's like she never grew out of her teenage phase, cutting out designer ads out of magazines and taping them to the walls (that's what I remember doing, but that's being 13, not 32 or however old she is)

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:51 pm

I could’ve done with less of her and Simon’s banter and more shots of the landscape.

2xblended
Informer
Informer

Post by 2xblended » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Poopettemetis wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:51 pm
I could’ve done with less of her and Simon’s banter and more shots of the landscape.
I hate to disagree but...it was their 4th wedding anniversary, it would have been weird if they didn't include some of their interactions in the vlog.
The landscape is stunning and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it in the next vlog. :)

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:46 pm

At least it was better (and less awkward) than last year when she went to Paris with Debs and forgot their anniversary!

2xblended
Informer
Informer

Post by 2xblended » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Squishypotato wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:46 pm
At least it was better (and less awkward) than last year when she went to Paris with Debs and forgot their anniversary!
She wasn't on my radar then! That is really quite awful hilarious! :rofl:

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:16 pm

2xblended wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:11 pm
Squishypotato wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:46 pm
She wasn't on my radar then! That is really quite awful hilarious! :rofl:

For your viewing pleasure! Lol @ the solo Simon at home cutaway :rofl:

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:24 am

I tried to watch the first Canada vlog but had to turn it off partway through. Almost all of that video footage was so shaky, I was about to be sick! How do you have such an expensive camera yet fail to stabilize your video recordings?

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”