Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Yeah, it was pretty bad/boring, except for the scenery (or what you could see of it after all that shaky-cam). And there was So. Much. Slo-mo. I was really puzzled by that at first until I saw in the description box that her UGG boots were gifted. Of course. She's usually good about displaying "AD" on screen at times like that, so I don't know why she hid it this time. It was pretty off-putting.

Post by Guest »

Squishypotato wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:16 pm

For your viewing pleasure! Lol @ the solo Simon at home cutaway :rofl:
:rofl: Brilliant! Thank you! :tu:
meowmeowbeans wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:29 am
Yeah, it was pretty bad/boring, except for the scenery (or what you could see of it after all that shaky-cam). And there was So. Much. Slo-mo. I was really puzzled by that at first until I saw in the description box that her UGG boots were gifted. Of course. She's usually good about displaying "AD" on screen at times like that, so I don't know why she hid it this time. It was pretty off-putting.
I need to stop watching her videos at double speed! I didn't even realise she'd put in slow-mo segments. :? All I focused on is the scenery and the fact that she kept eating doughnuts and cakes when she was meant to have allergies. :P

And you're right, she's usually clear about disclosing promos/adverts, so it's really shady that she was dodging it here. :? It's her job to disclose clearly, even if it's a travel vlog not a fashion haul.

faceface
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by faceface »

The second time I saw a slow motion shot of those boots I thought "Would not surprise me in the least if this was somehow gifted/sponsored by Ugg.". Did not look at the description box so thanks for pointing it out. A bit shady to not put that on the screen.

I also was very distracted by the crap food they were eating. To be fair, perhaps it is hard overthere to find a healthy meal on the road, I don't know. But the way she eats and drinks she really is an advertisement for diabetes, sigh.

As for the scenery, very pretty and I remarked to my husband I would not mind going to Canada one day. He has been there, and all over the States as well, so he knows the landscapes are just wonderful. But somehow I did find the vlogging a bit boring, a bit flat.

Post by Guest »

An unfair criticism on my part, but I cringed every time she said 'Mooses'. Come on, English is your mother tongue. The plural of moose is moose! Sorry, just a bugbear of mine. :|

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

Oh my I did just get excited with them when they spotted that bear at the start of today's vlog hahaha. Aw that must have been so great to see, I understand the emotion. Not sure if I would spend two hours crying in the car though ;-).

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

...and then you get a bit further in the vlog and you watch them eat crap for dinner and a family amount of crap snacks for after dinner. Is it really that hard to eat healthy while travelling? I never found it hard.

Post by Guest »

faceface wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:12 pm
Oh my I did just get excited with them when they spotted that bear at the start of today's vlog hahaha. Aw that must have been so great to see, I understand the emotion. Not sure if I would spend two hours crying in the car though ;-).
Me too! Super cool spotting the bear. I can't imagine she cried over it, though. That was a bit much. Perhaps she was over-tired from the road trip or something. SMH :?

My heart went out to her when she was in the aerial tram! She looked petrified! I didn't know she had such a fear of heights. Good for her on doing it anyway.
t
faceface wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:19 pm
...and then you get a bit further in the vlog and you watch them eat crap for dinner and a family amount of crap snacks for after dinner. Is it really that hard to eat healthy while travelling? I never found it hard.
I'm thinking they didn't want to eat healthy. They certainly didn't give the impression that they cared. Some people just eat whatever they want to when on holidays (although, they seem to eat whatever they want all the time :P ).

Not sure what to make of the travel vlogs overall. I liked that it was quite spontaneous and they didn't pre-plan most of the trip. I loved the landscape shots. It's been a nice change from the haul videos. But it was a little boring and I'm not sure why. And I hated the clips from the GoPro mounted on the front of the car- they went on too long and made me a little dizzy (I know, I'm being nitpicky).

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

Their previous travel videos are quite similar (the non sponsored/non work trips)..e.g. road trip through some parts of the US (I think it included Vermont, but can't really remember)..she did mention that they tend to book their hotels on the fly, so I'd say their trips are probably pretty spontaneous and look enjoyable. But i think the choice of background music in the recent vlogs made them a little hard to watch (for me anyway)..and some parts could have been edited out, e.g. the waffling segment about how they had to change lifts and walk through some stained glass corridors in one of the hotels.

She probably did cry at seeing the bear, which isn't necessarily unusual.. I mean, when overcome with emotion I'm sure many people tear up, but why she had such an overwhelming response is anyone's guess.
Also the whole "it's OUR BEAR" thing was so odd and OTT.

Was also going to say, I saw she did an IG story about a new H&M coat (assuming it is, as I don't think she's posted it before)...followed by an affiliate link, which is probably the reason for the post. But has she said anything recently about why she is still working with H&M, Mango, Warehouse etc? (Other than affiliate links :D ) I mean, if she really wants people to take her advice then she does need to try and be more consistent with her choices and message. Not "this is fast fashion, but I like it so I'm going to allow myself this non sustainable treat just once" (repeat 100 times!).

I think i liked her better in the past when she didnt try to hide her love for shopping and hoarding near identical blazers and jeans...at least she seemed more genuine then!

Edit: I wish the plural of moose was meese! :D

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

It is very odd to post about a new H&M coat considering her whole sustainability course. Money in the bank I suppose.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I don't understand the crying at seeing the bear at all, I love seeing animals and I have a zoo membership, but whenever I'm at the zoo I really couldn't care less about most of the bears (sunbear is the only one ever doing anything interesting at our zoo) .

I think it is nice that they are flexible when travelling but my inner control freak can't handle not knowing where we will stay on most trips, I like to know what to expect and sometimes you plan on one place but they are all full , then you are stuck somewhere less than ideal. But I do appreciate that their non press trips are more "normal" compared to most YouTubers.

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

Her H&M coat is from their “conscious/sustainable” collection.

I tried on an everlane blazer Emma has recommended this weekend, omg it was giant on me. Their oversized one, I thought it would be a little loose but the size 2 looked like I was four year old trying on my dad’s jacket. Way too big for two sizes smaller than I normally wear. They didn’t have a zero to try on or I would have. How does she wear these without looking like a complete sack?

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

20191007_192417.jpg
:P :P :P
'Conscious collection' or not, dont think she needs any more!

*nb AFTER wardrobe clear out! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sellbydate
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sellbydate »

Squishypotato wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:27 am
20191007_192417.jpg
:P :P :P
'Conscious collection' or not, dont think she needs any more!

*nb AFTER wardrobe clear out! ;)
oh man, this is gold! Why is she so defensive - she must know that people are going to be more critical after all her sustainability posturing. I'm surprised she doesn't get more blowback in general, it's only ever more middle-aged fawning. Her followers don't seem to do much critical thinking

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

How many free coats did she get gifted this week, 16 additional? ;-) Glad she made the room!

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 am
faceface wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:48 pm
The second time I saw a slow motion shot of those boots I thought "Would not surprise me in the least if this was somehow gifted/sponsored by Ugg.". Did not look at the description box so thanks for pointing it out. A bit shady to not put that on the screen.

I also was very distracted by the crap food they were eating. To be fair, perhaps it is hard overthere to find a healthy meal on the road, I don't know. But the way she eats and drinks she really is an advertisement for diabetes, sigh.

As for the scenery, very pretty and I remarked to my husband I would not mind going to Canada one day. He has been there, and all over the States as well, so he knows the landscapes are just wonderful. But somehow I did find the vlogging a bit boring, a bit flat.
Canada is gorgeous for hiking and Camping. I'm from. Washington and it's similar down here so I get the benefit of the not having to travel to go to beautiful lakes and mountains. While Emma and Simon attempted to hike and be one with nature...I'm shocked she ran a marathon when she was huffing and puffing through a 2 mile hike with little elevation gain to the tea house. We have a similar level of difficulty near Seattle and my 90 year old grandma has hikes the trail without complaint.

Also I own the ugg boots she wore on her hikes and I will say those are NOT HIKING BOOTS. They are more ski resort shoes to get around with okay traction or if you're walking around in snow, but definitely not ideal for hiking.

If you want a fab nature trip you should come to Washington and visit the Olympic Peninsula, North Cascades, and Mt. Rainier
Duly noted! :-)

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

The only goal of their trip was to go out in nature enough to take good photos to sell stuff online, not to actually hike. Looked like a pure work trip.

I wonder if they have to pay for flights or lodging when they do that at all or if it’s all trade or sponsored. How much money did she get from Travel Alberta for that?

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

She mentioned in one of the vlogs and in the description box that they paid for everything themselves, and didn't receive any discounts or sponsorships (for the trip, excluding the gifted outfits)...tho as you say ,the "work" aspect definitely included getting the outfit pics for the affiliate links/ugg boot ad..I guess that's their version of "hiking" and an outdoorsy holiday haha.
It's nice to see some variation with the travel vlogs, but also I personally wouldn't want to go on holiday and have to worry about getting good pics/video for "work".

Someone actually did ask her whether it was sponsored in the comments, as apparently someone else also travelled there at the same time, and she replied that it was just a coincidence.

Did she say when the last travel video will come out? I'm not sure if I just can't find it, the most recent one I'm getting is from last Sunday... I wonder what kinds of questions/tips she'll have in the Q&A video.

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

I remember Emma was very emotional when she visited the Dogs Trust headquarters last year, so I wasn't surprised by her reaction to the bear. It was still really odd though! I guess it's just another sign that our brains work VERY differently, lol. However, I was surprised how they wing their lodgings on road trips, especially for someone as particular and anxiety-prone as Emma. I always get the feeling she likes things just so. I know I would be really dismayed if I traveled all that way and all the tours and lodgings were booked up when I got there.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:21 pm
I remember Emma was very emotional when she visited the Dogs Trust headquarters last year, so I wasn't surprised by her reaction to the bear. It was still really odd though! I guess it's just another sign that our brains work VERY differently, lol. However, I was surprised how they wing their lodgings on road trips, especially for someone as particular and anxiety-prone as Emma. I always get the feeling she likes things just so. I know I would be really dismayed if I traveled all that way and all the tours and lodgings were booked up when I got there.
That’s why I’m wondering if there was some sneaky discount or something. Maybe a voucher? In any case, she is so anal, I also can’t imagine she’s flexible enough to just book a cabin day of, site unseen.

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

All I can look at is her double chin.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”