Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Re: Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

Post by Squishypotato » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 am

So now they are changing things in the house and going for a moodier feel with darker feature walls...I guess it's nice to update things every now and then,but it also does feel like YouTubers change things around far more often than us plebs...
I mean it wasn't long ago that they had plans to change the basement, then before they did the guest room and kitchen, and the bathroom... coming full circle and starting with the lounge again!i just hope she doesn't join the likes of LEM and ITF and start constantly begging for things and tagging every brand around.

Also good on Simon for standing his ground, "who pays £62 for a tin of paint!?!" Good on you Simon!!

Am quite sure that all the other influenzas shilling #kindlygifted F&B #Railings and #HagueBlue would balk at the thought of spending their own money on it

2xblended
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 2xblended » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:29 am

Squishypotato wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 am
So now they are changing things in the house and going for a moodier feel with darker feature walls...I guess it's nice to update things every now and then,but it also does feel like YouTubers change things around far more often than us plebs...
I mean it wasn't long ago that they had plans to change the basement, then before they did the guest room and kitchen, and the bathroom... coming full circle and starting with the lounge again!i just hope she doesn't join the likes of LEM and ITF and start constantly begging for things and tagging every brand around.

Also good on Simon for standing his ground, "who pays £62 for a tin of paint!?!" Good on you Simon!!

Am quite sure that all the other influenzas shilling #kindlygifted F&B #Railings and #HagueBlue would balk at the thought of spending their own money on it
I had the same thoughts: good on Simon and I hope they don't beg for freebies like LEM.

Also, I know I was just saying she should branch out in her content, but I didn't mean I wanted to literally watch the paint dry on her walls. :? :P
Hopefully their Munich vlog will be an interesting watch.

sellbydate
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sellbydate » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:50 am

oh god this vlog... I find the interactions between Emma and Simon completely unbearable, they're just sniping at each other - can they have a normal conversation ever? He's always undermining her. I mean, I agree that the paint is too expensive, but it's pretty revealing that he makes fun of her for considering it, also implying that she only wants it "because of the name" :? alright then! He's probably correct, but why exactly is that the thing that springs to his mind first thing - that his wife is addicted to brands (as we keep saying, but that's not very charitable is it?) I find him so mean spirited.

And then the redecorating! I don't know about you guys, but I find her furniture fully hideous, and stuck in 2005 to boot. Now Emma, late as ever, has managed to get caught up with the decorating trends of the year of our lord 2015. Why is she an influencer again? Will she be the last person on instagram to put goddamn Hague blue on her walls? She will also basically have to switch out ALL of her furniture, because all the wood will clash horribly with the grey/silver stuff (maybe apart from her hideous sofa). I don't know, I find it weird to buy all new furniture so soon. Shouldn't you live with your stuff longer than merely three years? That just seems like a very short time frame to me.

drasticactions
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by drasticactions » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:24 am

I just don't understand the whole "well we liked this 3 years ago but our tastes have changed". That's why you don't buy a trendy padded headboard and mirrored furniture! But honestly I don't think they think these things through. Just changed out the couch last year and they changed the covering on the one chair (maybe painted it too?) To only get rid of it a bit later. I feel like people who don't leave their house much like YouTubers don't have normal views on decorating. My parents bed frame is probably 18 years old, they bought a nice classic bed and haven't changed it since. I bought my bed frame 3.5 years ago and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

Maybe I'm weird? Is it normal to redecorate so much? I don't mind changing paint colors, but then needing to re do everything else bc it doesn't go with the paint? Like that's crazy to me.

Summertime16
Talker
Talker

Post by Summertime16 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:21 pm

drasticactions wrote:I just don't understand the whole "well we liked this 3 years ago but our tastes have changed". That's why you don't buy a trendy padded headboard and mirrored furniture! But honestly I don't think they think these things through. Just changed out the couch last year and they changed the covering on the one chair (maybe painted it too?) To only get rid of it a bit later. I feel like people who don't leave their house much like YouTubers don't have normal views on decorating. My parents bed frame is probably 18 years old, they bought a nice classic bed and haven't changed it since. I bought my bed frame 3.5 years ago and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

Maybe I'm weird? Is it normal to redecorate so much? I don't mind changing paint colors, but then needing to re do everything else bc it doesn't go with the paint? Like that's crazy to me.

Not weird at all. The problem is Pinterest and Instagram. In America the craze is white kitchens now...I still have my classic cabinets and I’m not painting them like everyone else bc of a trend...buy timeless not trends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meowmeowbeans
Learner
Learner

Post by meowmeowbeans » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Goodness gracious, watching her talk about paint colors for ten minutes (YES, Emma, do describe to us how one is darker and one is lighter, as if we could not see that with our own eyes; you know how that thrills me!) does not bode well for the rest of her home interiors content. Although I for one hate her current decor. She must think it’s “minimal” but it’s actually so sterile and lacking in personality. As to changing it all up after only three years, I’ve known people who do entire decor overhauls like that, but they are typically rich, bored housewives.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm

Well that is not doing the environment any good: flying to Scotland? I have no issues with flying provided the distance is appropriate but London-Scotland?

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:52 pm

Oh and I do not like her interior at all: it is very much lacking in personality and it looks too much 'Ikea' and cheap. I have no hopes this change over will be any good either as she seems to be just copying what is floating around on Instagram.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:56 am

faceface wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm
Well that is not doing the environment any good: flying to Scotland? I have no issues with flying provided the distance is appropriate but London-Scotland?
I'm sure that there will be a very important reason for why they couldn't have travelled by any other route and that we will be reminded to use that website to offset our travel miles, guys! All will be revealed, stay tuned for next week's vlog! (You know,the one AFTER this Sundays Mango haul...coughcough *new coat*) :D

drasticactions
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by drasticactions » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:31 am

faceface wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm
Probably were just too lazy to take the train?

AlexanderTeAmo
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by AlexanderTeAmo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:20 pm

-
Her face when Simon gets near. By the way, I never noticed before how well packed Simon is now (arms) lol

AlexanderTeAmo
Learner
Learner

Post by AlexanderTeAmo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Been watching her friend Debs' channel (Bang on style)... holy shit, her life and personality: total mess. She says she's 38 but to me she looks, behaves and talks like a 50 year old woman. And maybe too desperate to get into a relationship, that's why men ghost her all the time (from her blogs).

2xblended
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 2xblended » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:54 pm

AlexanderTeAmo wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:28 pm
Been watching her friend Debs' channel (Bang on style)... holy shit, her life and personality: total mess. She says she's 38 but to me she looks, behaves and talks like a 50 year old woman. And maybe too desperate to get into a relationship, that's why men ghost her all the time (from her blogs).
:?
I don't follow Debs; I've watched a few of her older vids out of curiosity (they were extremely boring and didn't interest me) but I saw an update from either herself or Emma recently saying that she's getting divorced.
That's a taxing thing on anyone to go through, so I can understand if she's not coming across very put-together right now.
I don't necessarily think it's fair to say that a person is a total mess. Life takes unexpected turns and if someone is honest enough to show how vulnerable they're feeling when they're going through a taxing time, then I commend them for that.
And I really like that her and Emma have such a solid friendship in spite of having very different tastes and interests, and seemingly being in different stages in their lives.

AlexanderTeAmo
Learner
Learner

Post by AlexanderTeAmo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:11 pm

I said "total mess" because Debs seemed like very normal and happy in Emma's videos, and very simple like irrelevant, but underneath that... again... her story.... HOLY SHIT. Now Debs is more interesting to me than Emma, if that was ever the case at some point lol

2xblended
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 2xblended » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:10 pm

Fair enough. Since I don't know her story and didn't even know she had a blog, I have no context to form judgement. Now you have me intrigued about her situation...

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:42 pm

From her posts Debs is going through a LOT as @AlexanderTeamo said.. divorce, having to sell and move house and a very sick pet dog. She's very open about things which I think keeps her audience engaged..
however, I haven't been able to sit through many of her videos as the ones I've watched have been too long and boring. There was a skincare/bathroom tour one that was so ridiculously boring (and I really enjoy skincare videos!!) I actually fell asleep.

AlexanderTeAmo
Learner
Learner

Post by AlexanderTeAmo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:09 am

Just one last thing about Debs, this is the best she ever looked from the vids I watched. That type of makeup really suits her (darker lipstick). And that vertical wrinkle between her eyebrows lol just a quick trip to get it filled with botox or whatever they use haha it would make a huge difference!

AlexanderTeAmo
Learner
Learner

Post by AlexanderTeAmo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Are you guys subscribed to Eva McMahon's youtube channel? She's a bit masculine looking but has a very good taste in fashion, and it's very diverse (unlike Emma's sense).

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:21 pm

How come there is now a Mango vlog up?

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:35 am

faceface wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:21 pm
Think that's the Sunday "fashion" video for this week... (her weekly vlogs are usually on Tues?weds?)
But if you meant that in a "Whaaaat, how is this consistent with her sustainability bs" way then I share the sentiment :rofl:

Having said that I did like the coats in the haul. Also at least she didn't once mention "sustainability" because let's face it, that would have attracted even more :roll:

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:48 am

Squishypotato wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:35 am
faceface wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:21 pm
Think that's the Sunday "fashion" video for this week... (her weekly vlogs are usually on Tues?weds?)
But if you meant that in a "Whaaaat, how is this consistent with her sustainability bs" way then I share the sentiment :rofl:

Having said that I did like the coats in the haul. Also at least she didn't once mention "sustainability" because let's face it, that would have attracted even more :roll:
Well yes that: how on earth does that fit in with the whole sustainability spiel? Also: love how she said in the vlog that she hardly shops on the high street anymore with the exception of Mango. Just a few days ago she was prancing around in a H&M coat (a lovely coat btw but that is beside the point).

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:37 am

I wonder what's happened to her &other stories voucher deal as well (noticed she's still showing gifted items on IG but hasn't really done as much promoting of & other stories of late).
Interesting that of all the high st brands she chose Mango to continue working with and promoting, what makes them truly better than other fast fashion brands? (also Zara apparently has joined the reward style affiliate links program so that's a huge missed opportunity for her)

drasticactions
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by drasticactions » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:44 am

In her new video Emma said " if you are a minimalist like me" and I had to shut it off. Emma in no way are you a minimalist. Style wise maybe? I'm taking this out of context now bc I didn't hear the rest of her statement. But yes she likes plain boring clothes but it isn't minimalist at all. Bc a coat looks like a bathrobe and has no buttons doesn't mean it is minimalist.

meowmeowbeans
Learner
Learner

Post by meowmeowbeans » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:06 am

Jfc.... this fool has the nerve to be on a “sustainability panel”??? (On IG stories)

Sointothis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sointothis » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 am

Saw that she mentioned it last week and scoffed 🙄

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”