Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

Re: Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:48 pm

annapolly wrote:
rainwouldbenice wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 am
I agree that Nadine is a frustrating interviewer and she comes off a bit snarky with her pal Jo, but I guess that is just their "banter". Worst mean girl and know it all is Sali Hughes though, who is in no way humble and can't just let her guest shine, instead SHE had to have used every product for yonks etc. She also has a controversy of getting the previous Guardian beauty editor (and the first big UK beauty youtuber) sacked because she thought she could do better. She can't as every article is just an ego boost and irrelvant headshot, followed by very subjective sentances on undisclosed PR.

All in all I've grown tired of a lot of skincare gurus, they shill and talk as if they have more knowledge than the average consumer, and are quite stubborn. The dismissal of animal and environmental rights is awful in this day and age. I know they like to say they recycle, but honestly most of these plastics and other packaging is not universally accepted by recycling plants, and the idea that plastic recycling somehow is the ultimate soloution is terribly misguided.
Wait who did Sali Hughes get sacked?!
As for Caroline - recent drama with Drunk Elephant. I couldn’t care less about either of them but I’ve found it hilarious because I’m in the Nadine Baggot Facebook group as so many middle aged women are calling CH a Queen and saying she responded so well to a R&D guy from DE being negative about Saint Caroline.
Supposedly she wrote a letter to the editor of the Gusrdian slagging off Lauren and saying how she could do better. Which considering she claims to be a feminist is a bit hypocritical, especially since Lauren was self made and didn't have the luxury to build herself up with the aid of boyfriend connections and well known makeup artists (or whatever her faux urchin story is this month). Sali doesn't want to be seen on the same level as every other influencer, and claims to be a journalist... so she likely thought she was more elite and deserving. The Guardian beauty column really could be so much better. They don't even show non stock photos of products, Sali's column is just a head shot that has nothing to do with the PR she is shilling, a lot of which is terribly expensive and plastic packaged. And it's not like she is even demonstrating the products.

annapolly
Debater
Debater

Post by annapolly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:13 pm

rainwouldbenice wrote:
annapolly wrote:
rainwouldbenice wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 am
I agree that Nadine is a frustrating interviewer and she comes off a bit snarky with her pal Jo, but I guess that is just their "banter". Worst mean girl and know it all is Sali Hughes though, who is in no way humble and can't just let her guest shine, instead SHE had to have used every product for yonks etc. She also has a controversy of getting the previous Guardian beauty editor (and the first big UK beauty youtuber) sacked because she thought she could do better. She can't as every article is just an ego boost and irrelvant headshot, followed by very subjective sentances on undisclosed PR.

All in all I've grown tired of a lot of skincare gurus, they shill and talk as if they have more knowledge than the average consumer, and are quite stubborn. The dismissal of animal and environmental rights is awful in this day and age. I know they like to say they recycle, but honestly most of these plastics and other packaging is not universally accepted by recycling plants, and the idea that plastic recycling somehow is the ultimate soloution is terribly misguided.
Wait who did Sali Hughes get sacked?!
As for Caroline - recent drama with Drunk Elephant. I couldn’t care less about either of them but I’ve found it hilarious because I’m in the Nadine Baggot Facebook group as so many middle aged women are calling CH a Queen and saying she responded so well to a R&D guy from DE being negative about Saint Caroline.
Supposedly she wrote a letter to the editor of the Gusrdian slagging off Lauren and saying how she could do better. Which considering she claims to be a feminist is a bit hypocritical, especially since Lauren was self made and didn't have the luxury to build herself up with the aid of boyfriend connections and well known makeup artists (or whatever her faux urchin story is this month). Sali doesn't want to be seen on the same level as every other influencer, and claims to be a journalist... so she likely thought she was more elite and deserving. The Guardian beauty column really could be so much better. They don't even show non stock photos of products, Sali's column is just a head shot that has nothing to do with the PR she is shilling, a lot of which is terribly expensive and plastic packaged. And it's not like she is even demonstrating the products.
Oh damn, that’s harsh! Especially as Sali herself started out with nothing (wasn’t she a runaway teen or something).

Caroline went into Nadine Baggot Facebook group to defend herself...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
judging u

artheusa
Talker
Talker

Post by artheusa » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 pm

She went way over the top in her squabble with Drunk Elephant (I don't like the brand and their ethos btw). People throwing away their products in her stories wtf was that? She really thinks she's the skin care Jesus doesn't she lol.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:56 am

Sali's a bit like Caroline, with her need to tell everyone how "different" her backstory was. Running away to England as a 15 year old child, to live with a much older boyfriend. A boyfriend hooking her up at a men's magazine, and she got the internship becauase she tidied up the stockroom whilst waiting for the interview. Being a make up assistant to a Lynne Easton, is a socislist but glorifies the Queen...

To paraphrase a quote "I was out all the time, I looked like jailbait, I was 15 living with a man in his 20's, I went to clubs where everyone was taking drugs"

As for the guardian rant lol, the beauty section is just awful and has no clear ethical stance. Along with Sali there is a column which is literally just a shot of models on the runway posing in their ott makeup x hair, followed by a list of all the products you can buy to achieve a hot new bruised eye for Autumn.

I was watching Violette fr's channel, and I like just how down to earth and diverse it is. She has got other women to do videos now too, and theyall are just sitting on the floor of bedrooms, in cafes, creating simple looks.... shock horror even using fingers. None of this heavy foundation, but just fun.

The guardian seems so out of touch, with the caked face head shots and buying lists. No real.consideraton to sustainability either, plus I enjoy the move away from the youtube drag look. A bit of lippy, a cool eye look using a couple of products is much more modern.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:00 am

artheusa wrote:She went way over the top in her squabble with Drunk Elephant (I don't like the brand and their ethos btw). People throwing away their products in her stories wtf was that? She really thinks she's the skin care Jesus doesn't she lol.
I was in the pub last night so couldn’t watch it explode as I would’ve at home, but she did seem way too angry about it. I wondered if she was drunk! Image In the cold light of day do you think she regrets it? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:21 am

Just skimmed through the DE post. I don't see how them marketing the product as vegan is wrong, yes the ingredient/foruma may be by default vegan, but visibility helps. Do they have any certifications though? Also, the bit about using it around they eyes, layering etc. They state people have different tolerances, it may work for some but be too harsh for other folk. Whereas Caroline prescribes harsh acids and fragranced products by default. The video a user posted where the doctor and the other woman whinced when Caroline said how she applies acid × oil.... it just shows, she can tolerate and find benefit in that, but not everyone.

As for the long ingredients list and price, well it's DE they are overpriced, but they are no different to the other luxe brands that charge a fortune for trace amounts of good ingredients. That's why The Ordinary offers affordable stripped back skincare, but TO takes time to read about all the products and how to introduce them into your routine, some people probably just prefer the ease of stuff like DE.

Honestly though Caroline isn't even vegan and has endorsed animal tested products, the faux concern about poor other brands getting trampled on because they don't label their products vegan ... eye roll. A lot of vegan products aren't certified, and it's certifications that matter. Maybe these other retinol companies still test on animals in places like China, then they wouldn't be vegan even if retinol is man made.

artheusa
Talker
Talker

Post by artheusa » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:31 am

Some of her stories before they get deleted. The rest were memes and more shouting.

@bevflannery I don't think so, this type of outburst is her signature really.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:40 am

This woman is a massive child. It baffles me how anybody especially brands want to work with her any more. (Fuck Drunk Elephant but they're clearly not the problem here. They can run their business how they like and people can vote with their $&$&)

agirlwillbequeen
Talker
Talker

Post by agirlwillbequeen » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:55 am

Did nobody dare point out to her the irony of reacting to a post saying that you're hostile by being hostile/aggressive? By all means, point it out to your viewers if you like but when you’re clearly irate it’s time to put down the phone, showing people this is how business is done is so unprofessional, far more than the guy from DE. News flash Caroline you’re just as bad as them you saggy faced cretin.

I used to like Caroline but she clearly thinks she is the second coming of Christ to skincare and it needs to be stopped. She’s a saleswoman with a battered face and I don’t take any eye cream recommendation from her because her eyelids practically touch her cheeks!

I believe in vaccinating your children and not using wipes etc but when you practically threaten people online to get your point across your message gets lost.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:43 am

She's too big for her britches. If someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they need to be railed against into obscurity. I don't think anyone needs a skin care routine that's 10 steps but other estheticians might recommend differently. She's insistent that her word is gospel and I don't agree with her recommendations or her approach.

luthieenn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by luthieenn » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 am

I'm surprised that she is ok with Ava's pictures on Instagram. I don't think I would like to see almost naked pictures of my 16 year old daughter there.

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 am

luthieenn wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 am
I'm surprised that she is ok with Ava's pictures on Instagram. I don't think I would like to see almost naked pictures of my 16 year old daughter there.
Jesus Caroline take the poor girl for a bra fitting.

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:03 am

I was in my local Tk Maxx and saw some Eve Lom cosmetic set, I think it was the cleansing balm and something else. The cleansing balm had mineral oil in ingredients :( Does Caroline still recommend it?

I unsubscribed a while ago but thumbnails such as attached still haunt my "recommended videos" section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Armywife1508
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Another friend of the Sacconejoly family. Does she endorse cold showers, too? Also, people telling her her hair looks fabulous- they’re being facetious, yes?
Typo’s Happen :tu:

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:51 am

So for just £20, you can buy a book of her skincare "tips" - all of which will ruin your skin 🙄 how she has managed to get this deal I will never know - she became irrelevant about 3 years ago, when people realised that what's best for your skin might not be what's best for another person's. I really don't understand how anyone can genuinely look at her skin and think they want theirs to look like that? Yes she might not have spots, but that doesn't mean it looks good

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:05 am

A six-way auction for her book as well!!! the name is also stupid 'skinCARE'

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:41 am

I swear to god these days, someone could post online about the best way to pick your nose, and if they managed to get more than 100k followers on the strength of that, someone would give them a book deal.

Our culture is eating itself.

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:06 am

bitchesbelike wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:05 am
A six-way auction for her book as well!!! the name is also stupid 'skinCARE'
I literally LOLed when I read that title - so incredibly stupid! Her minions will still buy the book, even though she has nothing valuable to teach except old-fashioned "aestheticians" skincare tips such as "rub your face really hard for a massage" or whatever. Douse yourself in acids all damn day but don't use sunscreen. You know, super helpful advice from a woman who looks 20 years older than she is. :roll:

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Post by Hyacinth » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:55 pm

The title should be 'Skin CAR£' with the £ sign instead of the E !

cristea123
Talker
Talker

Post by cristea123 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 am

Does anybody else get the feeling Caroline is trying way TOO hard to come off as super "woke"? I'd never heard her mention anything about Missy Elliott before, and then all of a sudden, after she wins the Michael Jackson video Vanguard award, she's praising her on her SM. Idk, she comes off so fake to me, I can't take anything she posts on SM as serious or genuine...

artheusa
Talker
Talker

Post by artheusa » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:31 pm

cristea123 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 am
Does anybody else get the feeling Caroline is trying way TOO hard to come off as super "woke"? I'd never heard her mention anything about Missy Elliott before, and then all of a sudden, after she wins the Michael Jackson video Vanguard award, she's praising her on her SM. Idk, she comes off so fake to me, I can't take anything she posts on SM as serious or genuine...
YES! I always feel she is virtue signalling most of the time simply because I never see her hand the mic to the actual sufferers of racism or any sort of discrimination. On the contrary, she happily uses feminism to justify herself whenever she's in a row with a man, even though the way she's been treated has absolutely nothing to do with her womanhood. Like she did with the Drunk Elephant guy Nathan Rivas, she blamed his comment about her on his misogyny lol what?!

bengalibella
Talker
Talker

Post by bengalibella » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:50 am

lordofmisrule wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 am
luthieenn wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 am
Jesus Caroline take the poor girl for a bra fitting.
She's too busy being the Queen of Beauty rather than pay attention to her 16 yo daughter and her IG account :roll:

scoopydoodle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by scoopydoodle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:50 am

This woman is very ugly, inside and out

strangegirl_58
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by strangegirl_58 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:34 am

I walked into John Lewis and who I see giving a clarins coass!?!
0F35BDCF-B602-4062-8F5E-5A55EA8DFE49.jpeg

AnnaWintour
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnnaWintour » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Did anyone see what she said on her IG post about being a mother? She said she's always wanted kids, while her best friend has never wanted any at all. Women can make their own choices about having kids.

Okay, great.

THEN in the comments she says she made her friend godmother to Ava "to punish her."

Seriously? If someone has made it very clear they don't want kids, why would you think they'd want to be a godparent and have that responsibility? And why the fuck are you "punishing" her? Probably because you're jealous your friend has free time, plump skin, and some estrogen left.

Ugh she makes me sick. I'd hate to have a friend like her. She's such a miserable bitch.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”