Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Re: Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

Post by lordofmisrule » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:56 am

"n the spirit of being completely transparent, as I always said I would, I had my first experience of fillers over the New Year break. Between getting older, losing weight, and the year from hell in 2016, I woke up one day in December and thought ‘I want to speak to a derm about these jowls’, where previously I had always thought ‘not yet, I’m not that bothered..’. I was bothered. I watched this video from Sam Chapman ( and it resonated. I had similar placement to Sam, basic hyaluronic acid filler at 4mls in total (less than half a teaspoon), in my upper cheeks, lower jaw line and marionette lines. It’s still settling in but I honestly love it. No-one has noticed anything other than to say ‘you look well..’ – which is exactly what I wanted. That was it. No botox, no filler anywhere else, my forehead, brows, eyes, nose, lips etc are all still devoid of any foreign materials – all my own. I don’t mind lines. (...)
I want my face to move, I have a huge forehead that doesn’t really crease anyway, I’m known for my brow, I like my smile lines around my eyes and if I touched my lips I would be divorced by the old man.. So there we are. That’s the truth. It’s very strange talking about something so personal online, so I would politely and respectfully remind you that I am not seeking anyone’s approval, permission or forgiveness. I hate to sound harsh but I’m happy. If you have judgement, leave it for your turn at confession with your priest. I’m all good here."
All from her blog:
https://www.carolinehirons.com/2019/01/ ... day-9.html
Attached: picture post-procedure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 am

lordofmisrule wrote:"n the spirit of being completely transparent, as I always said I would, I had my first experience of fillers over the New Year break. Between getting older, losing weight, and the year from hell in 2016, I woke up one day in December and thought ‘I want to speak to a derm about these jowls’, where previously I had always thought ‘not yet, I’m not that bothered..’. I was bothered. I watched this video from Sam Chapman ( and it resonated. I had similar placement to Sam, basic hyaluronic acid filler at 4mls in total (less than half a teaspoon), in my upper cheeks, lower jaw line and marionette lines. It’s still settling in but I honestly love it. No-one has noticed anything other than to say ‘you look well..’ – which is exactly what I wanted. That was it. No botox, no filler anywhere else, my forehead, brows, eyes, nose, lips etc are all still devoid of any foreign materials – all my own. I don’t mind lines. (...)
I want my face to move, I have a huge forehead that doesn’t really crease anyway, I’m known for my brow, I like my smile lines around my eyes and if I touched my lips I would be divorced by the old man.. So there we are. That’s the truth. It’s very strange talking about something so personal online, so I would politely and respectfully remind you that I am not seeking anyone’s approval, permission or forgiveness. I hate to sound harsh but I’m happy. If you have judgement, leave it for your turn at confession with your priest. I’m all good here."
All from her blog:
https://www.carolinehirons.com/2019/01/ ... day-9.html
Attached: picture post-procedure.
She does look better. She just needs to ditch the hideous lashes. They’re all I see. They’re too much imho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barmj
Learner
Learner

Post by barmj » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:31 am

i’m probably a bit thick because i honestly cannot tell the difference? i think it’s the awful eyelashes that distract me.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:54 am

barmj wrote:i’m probably a bit thick because i honestly cannot tell the difference? i think it’s the awful eyelashes that distract me.
I just thought she looked slightly better around the mouth area. It’s hardly noticeable though. The lashes are monstrous!! Almost comical.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Lol leave your judgement for the confessional. Shut up bitch, you're the one making money out of giving skincare advice that apparently means bugger all because even you're resorting to fillers.

Coco Lux
Informer
Informer

Post by Coco Lux » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Yeah if she was so “happy” she would not have blurred her skin in that photo.

sophieimogen
Informer
Informer

Post by sophieimogen » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:52 am

She only had a five minute slot on This Morning so hardly had time to go into a full scale acids, retinol, environmentally aware skincare lecture. She said that cleansing properly was the most important thing to do (what is the point of adding a £130 Skinceutics serum to skin that has not been cleaned properly? )She did say that she would normally double cleanse, but there was no point in demonstrating that.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:29 am

I see no difference

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Evil_robot wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:29 am
I see no difference
I do - she looks more smug.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:20 pm

lordofmisrule wrote:
Evil_robot wrote:
I see no difference
She does! ImageImage

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:32 pm

lordofmisrule wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:07 pm
Evil_robot wrote:
I see no difference
:hee:

Coco Lux
Informer
Informer

Post by Coco Lux » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 pm

What I don’t get about her stint on this morning was her sudden change to drugstore products, acting like that’s all she ever recommends and then saying “I can’t stress how important sunscreen is” ad she literally NEVER talks about sunscreen.
No wonder Holly and Phil had a look on their face as if to say “who the fuck is this bitch” haha

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:56 am

Coco Lux wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 pm
What I don’t get about her stint on this morning was her sudden change to drugstore products, acting like that’s all she ever recommends and then saying “I can’t stress how important sunscreen is” ad she literally NEVER talks about sunscreen.
No wonder Holly and Phil had a look on their face as if to say “who the fuck is this bitch” haha

Agree, it makes her seem insincere, as though she has just been given a list of products to push.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:04 am

She doesn't have a thread, so is a bit off topic, but I feel Nadine Baggott often has that 'my way or the high way' approach too. She often comes off a bit arrogant when interviewing, and makes some needless comments about identity when interviewing which comes off a bit patronising, even what's the term mean girl maybe. The beauty hags videos with her pal she demeans Jo quite a bit and often talks over her interviewee to talk about herself I feel she dismisses a lot of products due to her own preferences, like oils and cream moisturisers with a focus heavily on layering serums instead She constantly shills products from brands that support animal testing, and has an extreme aversion to anything that isn't synethetic. In the latest vid she made a comment about companies being kind hearted lovelies who wouldn't hurt a fly because they have families, and yet ingredients are constantly being reviewed and banned, companies still animal test, some companies use micro-plastics, some companies use animal derived ingredients, some companies package their goods in materials that cannot be recycled. Can't be arsed to watch the latest vid in full after that comment, but reading the viewer comments people were mentioning about vegan skincare being not as good, love, what do you think a lot of The Ordinary products are? Do they think vegan skincare equated to rubbing leaves on your face, bloody hell.

BooksandTea
Learner
Learner

Post by BooksandTea » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:15 am

Coco Lux wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 pm

I've been following her for years and I think she used to talk about SPF a lot but not recently. I was so shocked she had nutrogena in her list. Other brands I can see why she picked they might not be perfect but they're fairly budget friendly and accessible, but nutrogena? She even said later that it has silicone, which is just an ingredient that gives a quick fix but doesn't actually do anything, to me including that totally invalidated the rest of her recommendations.

Props to her for washing her makeup off on live tv though how many women go on telly without makeup 😂

SammieG
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by SammieG » Fri May 03, 2019 11:36 pm

I've recently left her Skincare Freaks group on Facebook because I was getting tired of all the shenanigans going on in there. Deleted posts, huge influx of newbies asking the same questions, other members providing medically unsound advice, an odd contest called "Freak of the Week", and Hirons tantrums from out of nowhere. More perplexing is her chiming in on other Social media like in Nadine Baggott's group... all the while claiming to be so busy and not having time for nonsense.

In total agreement with her cringeworthy spot on Good Morning, and promoting Neutrogena,,, WTF? Since when? She has always preferred the much more pricey brands like Zelens. None of her regular so-called favourite brands mentioned.

Filters are life
Learner
Learner

Post by Filters are life » Tue May 07, 2019 8:46 am

SammieG wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:36 pm
I've recently left her Skincare Freaks group on Facebook because I was getting tired of all the shenanigans going on in there. Deleted posts, huge influx of newbies asking the same questions, other members providing medically unsound advice, an odd contest called "Freak of the Week", and Hirons tantrums from out of nowhere. More perplexing is her chiming in on other Social media like in Nadine Baggott's group... all the while claiming to be so busy and not having time for nonsense.

In total agreement with her cringeworthy spot on Good Morning, and promoting Neutrogena,,, WTF? Since when? She has always preferred the much more pricey brands like Zelens. None of her regular so-called favourite brands mentioned.
I'm in the group and it's definitely tiresome but I love being able to search in there for old posts. I do not get that "Freak of the Week" thing she started on a whim. Also her children sometimes make posts in there? Like the whole thing is kind of strange. Lately I'm noticing more arguing in posts as well, like does our skin absorb the chemicals that we put on it or does our skin protect us from things... it's just not the place IMO. Ask your questions about retinol and get on with your day, folks.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery » Tue May 07, 2019 9:45 am

Filters are life wrote:
SammieG wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:36 pm

I'm in the group and it's definitely tiresome but I love being able to search in there for old posts. I do not get that "Freak of the Week" thing she started on a whim. Also her children sometimes make posts in there? Like the whole thing is kind of strange. Lately I'm noticing more arguing in posts as well, like does our skin absorb the chemicals that we put on it or does our skin protect us from things... it's just not the place IMO. Ask your questions about retinol and get on with your day, folks.
I can’t stand the women posting pictures of themselves, claiming to need help with their skin but absolutely crying out for compliments. I’ve remained in the group but muted it and just look very, very occasionally!

Filters are life
Learner
Learner

Post by Filters are life » Tue May 07, 2019 10:45 am

I have to agree with you on the women begging for compliments. It's usually, dare I say it, "older women" as well and it makes me really scared to age because these women seem so insecure and unhappy with their aging faces. I know it must be/can be difficult but I'm hoping the older I get the more confident I get, not the other way around, regardless of wrinkles.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery » Tue May 07, 2019 10:52 am

Filters are life wrote:I have to agree with you on the women begging for compliments. It's usually, dare I say it, "older women" as well and it makes me really scared to age because these women seem so insecure and unhappy with their aging faces. I know it must be/can be difficult but I'm hoping the older I get the more confident I get, not the other way around, regardless of wrinkles.
Absolutely agree! I just roll my eyes, scroll on by and totally ignore! ImageImage

septembertomay
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by septembertomay » Thu May 09, 2019 5:48 am

I’m close to leaving because the product talk gets so overshadowed by the fishing for compliments brigade. The sneaky ones are bad enough (“Please someone recommend products for X problem” [posts selfie with immaculate, clear skin]) but the smug show offs are so much worse!

There was someone bragging this week about being 46, and their lovely skin being a testament to a good skincare regime and healthy lifestyle. She didn’t mention the filter though... 😆

sophieimogen
Informer
Informer

Post by sophieimogen » Thu May 09, 2019 9:34 am

Caroline's language on her Twitter account is revolting. She gets so angry. She is furious at any racist or sexist slurs but her regular use of blasphemous language is equally offensive.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery » Thu May 09, 2019 9:53 am

septembertomay wrote:I’m close to leaving because the product talk gets so overshadowed by the fishing for compliments brigade. The sneaky ones are bad enough (“Please someone recommend products for X problem” [posts selfie with immaculate, clear skin]) but the smug show offs are so much worse!

There was someone bragging this week about being 46, and their lovely skin being a testament to a good skincare regime and healthy lifestyle. She didn’t mention the filter though... Image
I think I saw that. So vain! Image

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Thu May 09, 2019 11:10 am

I love it when people write "selfie for attention" on these kinds of posts. No shit sherlock.

Post by Guest » Thu May 09, 2019 2:57 pm

sophieimogen wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:34 am
Caroline's language on her Twitter account is revolting. She gets so angry. She is furious at any racist or sexist slurs but her regular use of blasphemous language is equally offensive.
"blasphemous' erm? Freedom of religion is respected, but the talk of blasphemouny is a bit dated. After a quick swatch on her twitter, all I see is her saying Jesus Christ to express annoyance at how crimes against women get softened up in media headlines. And how a media headline oddly went with the angle that a man jumped off a cliff with his family cause "he lost faith in his god' rather than present him as a man who murdered his family and committed suicide. Ditto another headline how a priest 'impregnated' a girl, rather than call him out for being a rapist and she a victim of his abuse.

Jesus Christ
Christ's sake
God's sake
Christ on a bike
Bloody hell
are all pretty normalised language,it's either that or fucks sake, goodness sake same difference. In the USA "Jesus take the wheel' seems to be quite common too.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”