Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

craftypudding
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

Post by craftypudding »

It’s a bit pretentious to call the gifts press samples. Surely you would need to be a journalist not a skin technician to qualify for a ‘press’ sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

Coco Lux wrote:
lordofmisrule wrote:
AnnaWintour wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:56 am
That new profile pic she's using on Twitter and Instagram is... not a good look. Those black super arched eyebrows, that two toned fried hair... O_o
I was wondering if anyone here also thinks she might be getting Botox? Sometimes one of her brows is spocking which could be a side effect of Botox.
Yes she confirmed she had Botox/fillers just before Christmas. I didn’t notice a difference tbh, her face ain’t fixable. I don’t know if she’s had any more since then.
I have a suspicion she had it done much earlier (like already early last year, if not earlier) because I have been thinking that one of the brows was spocking for quite a while now, so maybe she only admitted to the most recent one she had before Christmas. As far as I know, Botox will last 6 months and more, so if she wants to continue, she won't have to have topped up until early summer.

BTW guys - she lost a tonne of weight since she started - see attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

lordofmisrule wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:20 pm
BTW This video made me unsubscribe. Her hair is white, piss-yellow and brown, her eyelash extensions are bad (she pays someone to have them done?) and her blush is just all over the place.
She would do with a nice, soft haircut, like a long bob, so the hair is just one layer and a little longer at the front, it would look thicker and healthieWr and gorgeous when blowdried. Currently, with different length layers and colours it looks a mess :?
Like 1995 vomited all over her.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

gemh94
Talker
Talker

Post by gemh94 »

img.166.png
I dont know if anyone else has read that article that she is referring to. Basically it questions the use of sunscreen and a lot of other BS, implying that the use of sunscreen is making us get more skin cancers, etc.My question is, How can a""" skincare expert""" like herself be even questioning the use of SPF both from a beauty and health point of view ???

I can't get how she can be so critical of anti vaxxers, yet consider that article as " food for thought". Both are basically going against the medical consensus in these areas.

Coco Lux
Informer
Informer

Post by Coco Lux »

craftypudding wrote:It’s a bit pretentious to call the gifts press samples. Surely you would need to be a journalist not a skin technician to qualify for a ‘press’ sample.

I know right!! Sorry but when you’re taking products home and using until they are empty, they should most definitely be #gifted.

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

jfc I don't know why brands even want to associate her face with their products.

Post by Guest »

She's 49. She's 50 in July. I met her this week. She hasn't put the weight back on and looked good.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

All I'm saying is she ain't no advert for Clarins 😆
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Filters are life
Learner
Learner

Post by Filters are life »

simonidapuhalo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:01 pm
Is anyone here a member of her Skin Freaks FB group by any chance?
Sorry for late response but I am part of the FB group! It's kind of become my google for skincare, there are a few people in the group that know what they're talking about with recommendations and ingredients, etc. Although many people have no clue and don't mind spouting off as if they do.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 am
All I'm saying is she ain't no advert for Clarins 😆
It has to be her following. It pisses me off to see her spread inaccurate information to the masses, however.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

Post by Guest »

She looks even rougher on her IG stories. Yikes, those vids don't do her any favors.

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

Jeez I thought this was the before shot. Not a great advert for the blow dry place.

luthieenn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by luthieenn »

I can't look at her hair, it's awful and makes her look even more tired and older.

The only thing I like to watch are her "HellowithHirons" videos - I think they're genuinely funny.

Coco Lux
Informer
Informer

Post by Coco Lux »

Has she had more work done on her face? She still looks tired in that pic but way less “jowly” and orange.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery »

Coco Lux wrote:Has she had more work done on her face? She still looks tired in that pic but way less “jowly” and orange.

Exactly what I thought!!

Filters are life
Learner
Learner

Post by Filters are life »

Isn't there something a person can do about under eyes like that? Not a cream or at home device but surely fillers or a lift or something? I imagine she has that kind of cash, and her face is her brand. Also she could do a whole blog post and video on it for clicks. I have read in this thread that she's had botox and other work done (I can't tell, but haven't been following that long), I wonder where she draws the line in which procedures are ok and which are not. And she's never admitted to anything beyond skin care, right?

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery »

Filters are life wrote:Isn't there something a person can do about under eyes like that? Not a cream or at home device but surely fillers or a lift or something? I imagine she has that kind of cash, and her face is her brand. Also she could do a whole blog post and video on it for clicks. I have read in this thread that she's had botox and other work done (I can't tell, but haven't been following that long), I wonder where she draws the line in which procedures are ok and which are not. And she's never admitted to anything beyond skin care, right?
She’s had her upper eyelids done but it didn’t really work. I think she has something kind of like hernias in her lids.

Post by Guest »

- I don't like how she barks at the audience and does pointless hand swatches, as opposed to demonstrating how they would actually be used (like gothamista).
- Not a fan of the fake tan, it's 2019 embrace your actual skin tone, also if you are meant to be pushing how great something is, why would you need to hide your skin like that?
- So much stuff, not any note to the plastic packaging or wastefulness of parts that can't be recycled
- High price doesn't mean high quality, and not everyone needs to have a separate product to remove makeup, or wants acid toners
- Everything is very my way or the high way
- So much shilling. Brand overviews, okay we get to see a product being hand swatched, but the info is basically what someone could read on the brands website which at least has subjective user reviews to hint they actually use it.
- Another annoying thing is how lots of youtubers showing their skincare will say, got to consult Caroline on this and see what she thinks or, Caroline wouldn't be happy with me using this. Seriously, just google ingredients, trial and error, it's no better advice than what she could give.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Also, that my clarins nonsense. Marketing products to a specific age group like that is so old fashioned. What exactly about it makes it limited to a demographic? Whilst that one line may only have plant derived ingredients, and not sell to countries like China, it comes off as greenwashing. Do any of these products have vegan certifications? Clarins sells in China, the are not a cruelty free brand, so whilst their one range of products may have only plant derived ingredients, the company is not ethically vegan as they are still profiting off of animal cruelty.

Post by Guest »

Maybe others who have watched more videos and have a better idea will correct me, but another thing that stands out is just how impersonal everything is. We dont get to see her use any of these products, she never shows her actual skin without any tan or makeup, there is no humility such as saying she personally wants to treat this etc or the journey of trial an error. Getting plastic surgery, wearing heavy makeup yet waxing on about how this product will suit everyone. If it doesnt suit her aand encourage her to go bare faced then why would it be a universal godsend? Its just like reading a press release. Everything is often so expensive and a lot if the time from brands that still use animal testing. Acids are nit for everyone and may cause breakouts etc, a simple orange blossom or rosewater toner may be more suitable and csn be a lot cheaper. Mentioning her again, but Gothamista at least demonstrates her products, talks about what skincare issues she wants to treat, wears moderate makeup and frequently goes bare faced, along with actually demonstrating the products.Granted a lot of skincare gurus seem unlikely to have the time to finish everything off in order to give a depthful review but its a better marketing ploy than just acting like a shouty stubborn sales person. I think she was right to point out how wasteful sheetmasks are, but then again all those pumps, plastics and so on that get advertised arent ideal either.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”