Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

peasoup
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

Post by peasoup »

I'm amazed she is 49.....she looks about 60?!

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

Her hair! Yikes. Her video lighting is way too bright.
Typo’s Happen :tu:

Post by Guest »

Haven't watched the full video, but good for her for criticising those male radio hosts for their degrading objectifying talk about Kylie. There is a marked difference between skincare enthusiasts questioning if a products claims are misleading if the person advertising them actually achieved great skin through meds and cosmetic procedures.... not bloody two men like them talking in the manner they did. I have watched a few of his podcasts and it does often veer into this sleazy talk which is utter cringe.

The products appear to be nothing particularly amazing, but at the end of the day that's not the point, there are thousands of other matte liquid lipsticks available too, but people are buying into the Kylie brand and her packaging aesthetics, no different to any other celebrity slapping their name on a product. All the plastic packaging though, christ.

Post by Guest »

lolololol so I was reading the comments on reddit for the Kylie video, and apparently Caroline not advocating the Korean snail trend, and sheet masks makes her "racist' and Korean skincare is setting the standard for the world!!!1!! oh and she should "burn in hell" for not being positive about snail mucin. Calm down reddit. Snail and all the other trendy animal products in Korean skincare has little evidence to show it actually works, and ultimately is majorly cruel. Sheetmasks are also awful for the environment. So whilst they may have the "feel good' factor, don't hype it up as if they are gods gift. This is what I can't abide with Kbeauty lovers, they think K beauty is top notch when really a lot of it is green washed nonsense, things you can get in superdrug but because of orientalism it's now holy grail, animal cruelty and lack of certifications. Also they act as though no Korean women ever mix and match between foreign brands and local. It's sad to see some Kbeauty lovers on reddit have also tried to assimilate by their racism towards Japan, and obv "Korea is no.1!!!!!'.

Snail mucin is crap
Donkey milk is crap
Pig collagen is crap
Skin whitening is crap
Green washing and animal testing is crap
Plastic surgery and photoshopping to whiten models to sell these products is crap
Sheet masks are crap
There isn't some mystical Korea where all the women are ageless, poreless, white goddesses that you can be too if you use snail slime and ancient woo woo lotions.
It's okay to use French, German, UK, USA etc skincare along with Korean, they all have their pros and cons.

feck, I can't abide Caroline's approach sometimes, but accusing her for racism for being against needless animal ingredients and single use crap because it makes you feel nice for 2 minutes is out of line.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery »

lightrain wrote:lolololol so I was reading the comments on reddit for the Kylie video, and apparently Caroline not advocating the Korean snail trend, and sheet masks makes her "racist' and Korean skincare is setting the standard for the world!!!1!! oh and she should "burn in hell" for not being positive about snail mucin. Calm down reddit. Snail and all the other trendy animal products in Korean skincare has little evidence to show it actually works, and ultimately is majorly cruel. Sheetmasks are also awful for the environment. So whilst they may have the "feel good' factor, don't hype it up as if they are gods gift. This is what I can't abide with Kbeauty lovers, they think K beauty is top notch when really a lot of it is green washed nonsense, things you can get in superdrug but because of orientalism it's now holy grail, animal cruelty and lack of certifications. Also they act as though no Korean women ever mix and match between foreign brands and local. It's sad to see some Kbeauty lovers on reddit have also tried to assimilate by their racism towards Japan, and obv "Korea is no.1!!!!!'.

Snail mucin is crap
Donkey milk is crap
Pig collagen is crap
Skin whitening is crap
Plastic surgery and photoshopping to whiten models to sell these products is crap
Sheet masks are crap
There isn't some mystical Korea where all the women are ageless, poreless, white goddesses that you can be too if you use snail slime and ancient woo woo lotions.
It's okay to use French, German, UK, USA etc skincare along with Korean, they all have their pros and cons.

feck, I can't abide Caroline's approach sometimes, but accusing her for racism for being against needless animal ingredients and single use crap because it makes you feel nice for 2 minutes is out of line.
I agree. One thing she isn’t is a racist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

lightrain wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:13 am
lolololol so I was reading the comments on reddit for the Kylie video, and apparently Caroline not advocating the Korean snail trend, and sheet masks makes her "racist' and Korean skincare is setting the standard for the world!!!1!! oh and she should "burn in hell" for not being positive about snail mucin. Calm down reddit. Snail and all the other trendy animal products in Korean skincare has little evidence to show it actually works, and ultimately is majorly cruel. Sheetmasks are also awful for the environment. So whilst they may have the "feel good' factor, don't hype it up as if they are gods gift. This is what I can't abide with Kbeauty lovers, they think K beauty is top notch when really a lot of it is green washed nonsense, things you can get in superdrug but because of orientalism it's now holy grail, animal cruelty and lack of certifications. Also they act as though no Korean women ever mix and match between foreign brands and local. It's sad to see some Kbeauty lovers on reddit have also tried to assimilate by their racism towards Japan, and obv "Korea is no.1!!!!!'.

Snail mucin is crap
Donkey milk is crap
Pig collagen is crap
Skin whitening is crap
Sheet masks are crap

QUEEN

I can't believe I just actually typed that, but you are.

I'm sure Caroline would shill snail mucus if somebody paid her enough though - but the reason she won't at the moment is totally because of the Benjamins (or lack of them) not because she's frigging racist 😂😂
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict »

lightrain wrote:

Snail mucin is crap
Donkey milk is crap
Pig collagen is crap
Skin whitening is crap
Sheet masks are crap

Snail mucin actually isn't "crap", and she is absolutely racist given the way she wrote about "yucky" and "gross" Korean products, while being ok with similarly gross ingredients in Western skincare (there's "crap" pig collagen in those too, as well as shit like crushed beetles and whatnot). You can make anything sound "gross" with the right spin, and it's bizarre that she chose to grind an axe particularly with K-beauty. I agree that there is a weird trend of worshipping anything and everything Korean, which is no better than creepy fetishisation, but that doesn't negate Hirons' super problematic way of talking about Korean skincare and portraying Koreans as animal-abusing weirdoes who smear slime on their face while torturing cute snails.

Snail mucin contains a host of very valuable skin-friendly ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, peptides, and has antimicrobial, anti fungal and antibacterial properties. And yes, these all do help your skin. Sheet masks aren't "crap" either, what an uninformed thing to say - they work and they are convenient hydrators, though there is absolutely an argument for them being super wasteful. But to say they are "crap" is...well, it's not an argument or even a point, it's just a pointless non-statement.

Also, most "whitening" products aren't actually "whitening", they are brightening and even out skin texture. Green washing happens in every country and is a heck of a lot worse in the West - Garnier just released a ridiculous "organic" skincare range here in Europe, for instance!

I do agree that it's great to mix it up and not just glorify one country's skincare over all others!

Post by Guest »

hopelesscoffeeaddict wrote:
lightrain wrote:

Snail mucin is crap
Donkey milk is crap
Pig collagen is crap
Skin whitening is crap
Sheet masks are crap

Snail mucin actually isn't "crap", and she is absolutely racist given the way she wrote about "yucky" and "gross" Korean products, while being ok with similarly gross ingredients in Western skincare (there's "crap" pig collagen in those too, as well as shit like crushed beetles and whatnot). You can make anything sound "gross" with the right spin, and it's bizarre that she chose to grind an axe particularly with K-beauty. I agree that there is a weird trend of worshipping anything and everything Korean, which is no better than creepy fetishisation, but that doesn't negate Hirons' super problematic way of talking about Korean skincare and portraying Koreans as animal-abusing weirdoes who smear slime on their face while torturing cute snails.

Snail mucin contains a host of very valuable skin-friendly ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, peptides, and has antimicrobial, anti fungal and antibacterial properties. And yes, these all do help your skin. Sheet masks aren't "crap" either, what an uninformed thing to say - they work and they are convenient hydrators, though there is absolutely an argument for them being super wasteful. But to say they are "crap" is...well, it's not an argument or even a point, it's just a pointless non-statement.

Also, most "whitening" products aren't actually "whitening", they are brightening and even out skin texture. Green washing happens in every country and is a heck of a lot worse in the West - Garnier just released a ridiculous "organic" skincare range here in Europe, for instance!

I do agree that it's great to mix it up and not just glorify one country's skincare over all others!
If you say so, but where is the actual evidence that harming snails provides any benefit to the skin, snail products aren't limited to Korea, but they are popular there. Here's a very short UK article https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/sho ... elling-out.

At the end of the day, as the world becomes more aware of how needless and damaging using animals for cosmetic is, it's entirely regressive for people to support usage of "novelty' animal ingredients, simply because it has a feel good factor, there are so many plant derived options available. Obviously "the west' cosmetic market has lots of controversy too, but I doubt anyone would be called racist and to go burn in hell, for criticising Garnier's green washing (I saw that range, marketing themselves as vegan, a bit like how clarins who also animal tests brought out a little 'vegan' range) etc.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

One of my absolute pet hates is brands who test on animals (or use animal ingredients that it's impossible to farm ethically) bringing out 'vegan' products (and indeed vegans who still buy from non cruelty free companies whilst acting holier than thou). Doesn't matter whether they be Asian, Western, whatever, it's bullshit.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:38 am

You may have a point here though. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call her racist (because as I said before, I think she's an equal opportunities shiller if offered enough money 😆) but you're right that her anti-Korean line has an icky undercurrent. That is if she does genuinely single Asian products/ingredients in particular out for this beef whilst ignoring other 'disgusting' ingredients. I think her main tack may just be the faddy fashion element of KBeauty though which I think she's right for criticising. Does she treat JBeauty (and even just non-western products in general) with the same disdain as she does KBeauty because unless she's ragging on all Asian skincare etc. I don't think we can call her racist (Unless she has a *very* singular anti-Korean-specifically racism 😁) The more I read your comment though, the more I think these things sound like things she'd say with no problem on sm and that does make me a tad uncomfortable.

Post by Guest »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:58 am
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:38 am

You may have a point here though. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call her racist (because as I said before, I think she's an equal opportunities shiller if offered enough money 😆) but you're right that her anti-Korean line has an icky undercurrent. That is if she does genuinely single Asian products/ingredients in particular out for this beef whilst ignoring other 'disgusting' ingredients. I think her main tack may just be the faddy fashion element of KBeauty though which I think she's right for criticising. Does she treat JBeauty (and even just non-western products in general) with the same disdain as she does KBeauty because unless she's ragging on all Asian skincare etc. I don't think we can call her racist (Unless she has a *very* singular anti-Korean-specifically racism 😁) The more I read your comment though, the more I think these things sound like things she'd say with no problem on sm and that does make me a tad uncomfortable.
I don't think J beauty maybe has the same visibility, not that it isn't massive, but I can imagine it was more in response to viewers writing in wanting to know her thoughts about sheet masks, snail extract etc which is more associated with K beauty. Honestly to me it does seem so regressive to hype a product because it has 'contains animal' in the title, or single use products, it's such a stark contrast to the move towards more vegan certified products, criticising the companies that animal test, and over packaging, let alone the evidence that these products do anything special is non-existent. Is she a bit of a hypocrite, well obviously, as she acts as a sales person for many brands that animal test and aren't vegan. She could boycott or criticise brands which are more dominant in the UK market like Clinique, Clarins etc but she doesn't, it's probably easier for her to negatively criticise latest fads (to the UK market where they have only been a recent development) than brands she is contracted with, or views as being more familiar to her audience. And yes, at the end of the day, snail mucin is 'gross' any exploitation of animals, especially when we have so many alternatives is 'gross'.

Caroline is a sales person, she doesn't offer much info, and shills shills shills, she only has one face so it would be near impossible to test everything out properly. She is very dominant when conversing, and I do feel despite Joe making sleazy out of order comments, her retort that 'his wife saves hm as needle dick in her phone' was immature and rising to his level. But she's not racist for being dismissive of K beauty's animal exploitation and waste. I have used and use K beauty products, but it is hard to find some with the same ethical standards we take for granted in the EU.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Lol I think everyone is right here honestly to some degree! With someone like caroline though.... It's kinda never gonna be as deep as racism tbh (not that racism is deep but.... You get me). I think she's at her core just pissed off people are hyping stuff she doesn't get paid for reviewing. She's a loudmouth gobshite so goes off on one on sm about all sorts and her Ranting and raving about icky Korean ingredients etc. Is just an extension of this behaviour - she'd do it to anything she wasn't getting paid to shill. (I'm sure I've heard her declare that face wipes are 'disgusting' etc. Etc. Too)
So it's kinda like..... a stopped clock is right twice a day. I agree with some of the underlying points of her criticisms but I don't think she's acrually criticising *because* of those points. Does that even make sense? 😂😂

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

Not gonna lie i went in on her regarding her joe rogan rant. Im fucking tired of these fat, ugly middle aged women with nothing better to do sitting there and inflating and deflating the kardashians market value. Last week decidedly they sucked because they give girls unrealistic body goals, this week they are okay because how dare a man say the same thing. Gtfo with that shit
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

Yeah I don’t really understand the logic behind Caroline’s argument. I don’t get why the Kardashians/Jenners should be applauded - because they’re basically rich women? I don’t love Joe Rogan but I get what he was saying. I think women who pump their bodies full of filler and other toxins are gross. That picture of Iggy Azealas ass jiggling is disgusting. These are not naturally curvaceous women, they’re gross because of all the cosmetic procedures they get. For some reason this types of cosmetic surgery has become so normalised in our culture now. It’s no big deal to get ass implants which I personally think is incredibly dangerous, especially to all the young girls who idolise women like Azeala

I don’t think you’re a misogynist for pointing how hideous women with fake asses are. And of course Caroline would defend Jenner. Her skincare is a total joke. Shitty over priced products that no one in their right mind would ever look twice if they had a different brand name.

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

Every time I see Caroline's videos pop up on my YouTube, I get (possibly irrationally) angry. When I was a teen (up until the age of 18 really), I struggled with my skin. I had horrendous spots, was oily, couldn't even LOOK at a mask without breaking out. At age 13-ish, I contacted her online, and by some miracle (I thought), she replied. I followed the regime she set me for five years, and my skin never improved. Eventually, all that worked for me was a Benzoyl Peroxide wash (prescribed), and the Clinque anti-blemish solution range of products. Now, I am pretty mush spot free, but her regime never worked. She only exists to shill products and to sell people the things she works on.

gemh94
Talker
Talker

Post by gemh94 »

jiggy_girl wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am
Every time I see Caroline's videos pop up on my YouTube, I get (possibly irrationally) angry. When I was a teen (up until the age of 18 really), I struggled with my skin. I had horrendous spots, was oily, couldn't even LOOK at a mask without breaking out. At age 13-ish, I contacted her online, and by some miracle (I thought), she replied. I followed the regime she set me for five years, and my skin never improved. Eventually, all that worked for me was a Benzoyl Peroxide wash (prescribed), and the Clinque anti-blemish solution range of products. Now, I am pretty mush spot free, but her regime never worked. She only exists to shill products and to sell people the things she works on.
I had a similar experience myself, following her rule of "having at least 3 cleansers in rotation", double cleansing with a hot wet wash cloth (hello eczema and even angrier spots!), acid toning like there is no tomorrow and hardly ever mentioning the word Sunscreen. I was too young, desperate and naive to question her "recommendations" which are nothing more than just trying to sell you whatever brand is paying her ATM. After years I eventually cleared up my acne and angry reactive skin, with a basic La Roche Posay cleanser, an Avene moisturiser, prescription Tretinoin and Azelaic Acid, and daily SPF.

I really feel sorry for all the people that fall for her this glorified sales woman's tactics, but as soon as you question her advice you get either bullied by Caroline herself or her deluded minions.

yhorm sanchez
Debater
Debater

Post by yhorm sanchez »

gemh94 wrote:
jiggy_girl wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am
I had a similar experience myself, following her rule of "having at least 3 cleansers in rotation", double cleansing with a hot wet wash cloth (hello eczema and even angrier spots!), acid toning like there is no tomorrow and hardly ever mentioning the word Sunscreen. I was too young, desperate and naive to question her "recommendations" which are nothing more than just trying to sell you whatever brand is paying her ATM. After years I eventually cleared up my acne and angry reactive skin, with a basic La Roche Posay cleanser, an Avene moisturiser, prescription Tretinoin and Azelaic Acid, and daily SPF.

I really feel sorry for all the people that fall for her this glorified sales woman's tactics, but as soon as you question her advice you get either bullied by Caroline herself or her deluded minions.
Oh my god, her preaching about cleansing with a washcloth RUINED my skin!!! I have extremely sensitive skin and broke out horribly everytime I did it!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

gemh94
Talker
Talker

Post by gemh94 »

How on earth can she think that her hair looks ok in someway!!?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^ I mean. Is this the woman you want advertising your skincare/makeup? REALLY?

Coco Lux
Informer
Informer

Post by Coco Lux »

Her face gets worse every time I see it. Facialist my ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”