True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by drasticactions »

PowderGirl wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:00 am
2xblended wrote: No picture or insta-story with her new look that I can find since then, so presumably we will see the new look in her next vlog. Unless she posts on Insta in the meantime and we get a sneak peek
Well there will be no „new look“. Botox is not fillers - there won’t be any visible results (only when she actively moves her face). But Botox only starts working a few days after the procedure anyways. Hence it would be useless to post about it on SM right after.
I wondered about her getting botox in the first place , she said it was to even out her face, but she didn't like the filler plan the other dr had. But since she is missing part of her face the filler makes sense. I'm just curious about the rationale behind the botox, I mean I guess if she wanted that part lifted it sort of makes sense but it doesn't really lift. I only have experience with botox for medical conditions so I know nothing about how they use cosmetic botox. But since it just paralyzes the muscle I don't see how that would help, if anything she'd just need a mini face lift right?

Side note, am also surprised she lets dogs lick her in the face . she said her face is uneven bc a dog bit her face a long time ago. I got scratched by a dog on my face as a kid and that hurt, I still don't like letting dogs get close to my face and that's not anywhere near as traumatic.

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

Seeing her 28 "designer" bag review was the saddest video I've ever seen. Most of them were ugly, she didn't like most of them and many didn't hold up after a year or two. I also loved that a big theme of the earlier bags was that her husband bought them for her. It was very obvious their relationship was built on him buying her designer bags up until a few years ago when she started making real money. Then she just started buying way too many. Big waste of money and also not sustainable or ethical at all. She needs two almost identical loewe straw beach bags? And then one is falling apart after a year to boot? Such a waste of money.

She could be living life with one or two of those expensive bags, not 28. I can get spending that money once or twice on a classic vintage bag like a Chanel flap. It's her money so she can spend it how she wants but that was beyond. Especially again since most of the bags were trashed, way overpriced, she doesn't use or she doesn't like them.

Post by Guest »

drasticactions wrote: I wonder if it Is just Irritable bowel. Anxiety can trigger that/ make it worse and that could explain her tummy issues. I'm glad she's getting tested but considering her anxiety recently that could be part of it. And if that's what's going on I totally sympathize with her, bc that's the worst when you are already anxious/panicy and feel scared to leave the house having bowel issues really doesn't help with the desire to go out. She said she"s going to be a bridesmaid I wonder how she will handle that, can't skip the wedding when you are a bridesmaid unless you are really sick.
I also wondered if it's IBS or just colic, tbh. Anxiety certainly can exacerbate it.
I'm interested to see what the results are and hope she remembers to include that info in the next vlog. This is just personal curiosity on my part as I'm allergic to various foods and medications (wheat, celery, sesame, etc.) and my symptoms, even in the beginning, weren't exclusively stomach distress. I had systemic problems like sore joints, swelling, skin rashes and the like. I find it interesting how allergies and intolerance affect different people and want to follow her journey in this regard, even if it is IBS rather than a specific intolerance. At the very least it would be different content from her usual blazer hauls.
PowderGirl wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:00 am
2xblended wrote: No picture or insta-story with her new look that I can find since then, so presumably we will see the new look in her next vlog. Unless she posts on Insta in the meantime and we get a sneak peek
Well there will be no „new look“. Botox is not fillers - there won’t be any visible results (only when she actively moves her face). But Botox only starts working a few days after the procedure anyways. Hence it would be useless to post about it on SM right after.
You're right! I had a brain fart. Cheers.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

drasticactions wrote: I wondered about her getting botox in the first place , she said it was to even out her face, but she didn't like the filler plan the other dr had. But since she is missing part of her face the filler makes sense. I'm just curious about the rationale behind the botox, I mean I guess if she wanted that part lifted it sort of makes sense but it doesn't really lift. I only have experience with botox for medical conditions so I know nothing about how they use cosmetic botox. But since it just paralyzes the muscle I don't see how that would help, if anything she'd just need a mini face lift right?
Botox can also lift certain areas of the face. For example the famous brow lift is achieved with Botox, not fillers. But often it’s a combination of sculpting (fillers) and Botox for different areas of the face. I haven’t watched the vlog or whatever where she talks about what she wants to get done though.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

PowderGirl wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:44 am
drasticactions wrote: I wondered about her getting botox in the first place , she said it was to even out her face, but she didn't like the filler plan the other dr had. But since she is missing part of her face the filler makes sense. I'm just curious about the rationale behind the botox, I mean I guess if she wanted that part lifted it sort of makes sense but it doesn't really lift. I only have experience with botox for medical conditions so I know nothing about how they use cosmetic botox. But since it just paralyzes the muscle I don't see how that would help, if anything she'd just need a mini face lift right?
Botox can also lift certain areas of the face. For example the famous brow lift is achieved with Botox, not fillers. But often it’s a combination of sculpting (fillers) and Botox for different areas of the face. I haven’t watched the vlog or whatever where she talks about what she wants to get done though.
Do you know how long the effect of botox/fillers last?
I imagine once the botox wears off the lines and muscles will just return to their pre botox state. But what happens to the fillers, do they dissolve? And if so won't that cause uneven features if not topped up?
(I dont know much about this, just curious..Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me please :) )

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

This girl doesn't need Botox or 28 designer bags. What she needs is a good therapist and a divorce :?.

Post by Guest »

Fillers dissolve slowly. Modern Fillers stimulate your body to produce collagen at the site, so there are subtle long-term benefits.

Botox relaxes gradually over time. Done well, it gives a soft focus appearance and prevents deep seated wrinkles from forming.

Post by Guest »

Squishypotato wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:24 am
^i was curious and went and looked at her IG, and her latest post is of her buying ben and jerrys dairy free ice cream.... if you scroll through the comments, she says she "can't have dairy" anymore and alludes to waiting for a blood test for coeliac disease (in response to a comment about having coeliac disease). Fair enough if she truly is lactose intolerant, or has coeliac disease. However in the "veganuary" week last year she clearly stated she'd never had oatly before and was obviously drinking regular dairy (and eating halloumi!) up until then. And we've all seen the burgers, sandwiches and other gluten filled things she eats...Even her beloved Oatly is not 100% gluten free, so she'd better hope she's not actually gluten intolerant.

Also coeliac disease is a real and very serious disease, with implications far beyond "feeling bloated and fatigued" and is associated with numerous other autoimmune conditions. It annoys me to no end that influenzas go "gluten free" and go on and on about this without a formal diagnosis, because they think their intolerances make them special or endearing.
it ISN'T a fad or a trend!

I hope whatever new dietary limitations she is placing on herself (" Emma can't eat fish, red meat"...etcetc) are medically warranted and not a manifestation of an eating disorder or her other mental health issues.
If Emma *does* discover she has Food intolerances, she will have to change her Diet completely. No KFC, Burgers, Pizza, Ice Cream. etc. etc. How the heck is that going to work?

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

AgnesP wrote:
Squishypotato wrote: ^i was curious and went and looked at her IG, and her latest post is of her buying ben and jerrys dairy free ice cream.... if you scroll through the comments, she says she "can't have dairy" anymore and alludes to waiting for a blood test for coeliac disease (in response to a comment about having coeliac disease). Fair enough if she truly is lactose intolerant, or has coeliac disease. However in the "veganuary" week last year she clearly stated she'd never had oatly before and was obviously drinking regular dairy (and eating halloumi!) up until then. And we've all seen the burgers, sandwiches and other gluten filled things she eats...Even her beloved Oatly is not 100% gluten free, so she'd better hope she's not actually gluten intolerant.

Also coeliac disease is a real and very serious disease, with implications far beyond "feeling bloated and fatigued" and is associated with numerous other autoimmune conditions. It annoys me to no end that influenzas go "gluten free" and go on and on about this without a formal diagnosis, because they think their intolerances make them special or endearing.
it ISN'T a fad or a trend!

I hope whatever new dietary limitations she is placing on herself (" Emma can't eat fish, red meat"...etcetc) are medically warranted and not a manifestation of an eating disorder or her other mental health issues.
If Emma *does* discover she has Food intolerances, she will have to change her Diet completely. No KFC, Burgers, Pizza, Ice Cream. etc. etc. How the heck is that going to work?
I'm sure there'll be a lot of moaning involved! Ha.
Still, if she could come up with new content (e.g sharing her experience, trying new recipes) without being too sanctimonious then it might make things more interesting (at this point would prefer this to another blazer or designer handbag video tbh!)

Post by Guest »

Getting botox is just going to be a slippery slope in her fixating on perceived "wrongs" with her face. It highlights how exploitative the industry is, as there is nothing physically wrong with her face, and even if she had drooping brows or god knows what, why aren't we told to accept and be grateful for ageing?! So many very young youtubers have gone down the botix and filler route and honestly it's sad, not only for themselves but how they are normalising it for their often child audience. At the very least she was transparent, but I would have hoped she listened to her viewers who weren't positive about it. In regards to the stomach issues, well as adult humans, not only is dairy cruel, but we aren't meant to consume it to begin with. Constant take away burgers etc seems to be an issue, so even uf she went vegan she likely would face aggrivations if relying heavily on vegan ready meals/ junk. The smoothies seem like a good start though to get more into simple wholefoods, but agree with others on here, that the spousal bickering and banter comes off a bit draining.

Lola-Faith
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lola-Faith »

I really don't think this industry is for her. I think she's either taking happy pills or is pretending to be jolly for her vlogs. Her dynamic between Simon and her is awkward, stilted and just weird. She doesn't seem happy and her content is really dull and repetitive. Her clothing is just so boring, and the same jewellery and shoe and bag styles, just dull, dull and not even enough to gossip about.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

That Glossier video bored me to tears. I couldn’t even finish it. She just drones on and on, trying to sound like she knows what she’s talking about but coming across so condescendingly. If uploadable content to her is rambling on for 5 minutes about glorified tinted/scented Vaseline, she has to move on from this job.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

She posted the video about her botox and it wasn't very informative. Complained that the other dr wanted to put a lot of filler in her face and the new dr said she would maybe only need one or two mL forgetting that the other dr wanted to fill up her uneven cheek too. Based on how she explained what both Drs said it just seems like two different methods.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

So many of the comments on the video are positive. I can definitely see her getting more work done and never being happy with it. Not that it's his choice but I can't imagine Simon being 100% supportive of her decisions.

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

Botox needs to be redone every six months or so. And I'm not sure it will do anything for the double chin... Money down the drain.

Cheltenham chick 911
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Cheltenham chick 911 »

EH is seriously draining my life blood. Am unsubscribing. The Botox path is classic, she will now go down the rabbit hole of messing with her face and the “ preventative “ angle a catch all. She seriously needs a wake up call. The 28 bag vlog utterly cringe, she’s now an expert in vintage ? I don’t think so. Super long videos to maximise the ££. She’s rude and aggressive on Instagram to anyone who DARES ask where her stuff comes from ....and these people are paying her wages one way or another. There are so many bloggers out there EH just cannot compete with who are fresh and engaging instead of blazer, jeans and T shirt combo. Missoma necklaces look so cheap and clash with her vile tattoos. I feel sorry for Simon being stuck indoors 24/7 taking photos of his wife but they never go out ? It’s weird. Sorry for the rant but if I hear her say “ it’s so beewuuutifuwl “ one more time I will SCREAM !

backatitagain
Informer
Informer

Post by backatitagain »

How can they buy a car without air conditioning? When you don't have enough money or something like that, ok. But isn't air conditioning relatively standard?

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

I think what’s going on with Emma’s diet is that she can no longer pull off eating all the pizzas and KFC she does and not exercising. She’s gained weight.

Instead of just trying to eat more vegetables, count her calories and find a type of exercise or gym she likes, she’s now getting a dramatic overhaul, is suddenly allergic to everything and will be following every gluten free, dairy free trend.

I’ve never had a friend get those food allergy tests where they didn’t tell them they are allergic to dairy, corn, gluten etc. Despite so few people actually being allergic to gluten.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

melindagomez wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:41 am
I think what’s going on with Emma’s diet is that she can no longer pull off eating all the pizzas and KFC she does and not exercising. She’s gained weight.

Instead of just trying to eat more vegetables, count her calories and find a type of exercise or gym she likes, she’s now getting a dramatic overhaul, is suddenly allergic to everything and will be following every gluten free, dairy free trend.

I’ve never had a friend get those food allergy tests where they didn’t tell them they are allergic to dairy, corn, gluten etc. Despite so few people actually being allergic to gluten.
Agreed and research has shown that following a gluten free diet when you aren't allergic to it is actually bad for your health :?.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Iris1969 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:55 am
melindagomez wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:41 am

Agreed and research has shown that following a gluten free diet when you aren't allergic to it is actually bad for your health :?.
One of my friends has celiac and he started a gluten free diet turns out a lot of the gluten free products use almond flour etc, and he was drinking almond milk since his dr said to avoid dairy for a bit as well, and it gave him kidney stones. So even if you need to avoid those for your own health it can still cause problems. I bet part of her issues could be that she's getting older and eating garbage makes you feel like garbage esp as you get older. Not to mention her gaining weight etc.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”