Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by PowderGirl »

Does anyone know what Simon did before he started to work full time with Emma?
I know he used to work at the ticket shop at the train station (not sure what it’s called in English)?

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

PowderGirl wrote:Does anyone know what Simon did before he started to work full time with Emma?
I know he used to work at the ticket shop at the train station (not sure what it’s called in English)?
That is what it's called, a ticket seller, or a railway station ticket sales person!

I used to work for the London Underground system and after a few years with them I applied for a ticket office job, it was a fab job!
Doesn't require any qualifications, but on the job training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

rustandust wrote:watching her (at 1.25 speed) is great!

SO MUCH BETTER!!! She really peps up at 1.25 speed :tu: That's gonna be her permanent setting

bricolage
Learner
Learner

Post by bricolage »

Haha I had to laugh at the title of her new vlog - "It's Not All Glam, I Live a Normal Life" - uh, honey, NO ONE is under the impression that you live a glam life

(I haven't actually watched the vlog so maybe I've misinterpreted the title, but I can't be bothered watching it to find out)

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

bricolage wrote:Haha I had to laugh at the title of her new vlog - "It's Not All Glam, I Live a Normal Life" - uh, honey, NO ONE is under the impression that you live a glam life

(I haven't actually watched the vlog so maybe I've misinterpreted the title, but I can't be bothered watching it to find out)
I watched it and she just shows the normal mundane stuff she usually vlogs.
I was also like "Err we KNOW, as you never show anything glam life like Emma"...

I can't watch her drone on about jewellery for 12 minutes though I have to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Blatant affiliate link cash grab in her most recent jewelry haul video. Those gold necklaces are a dime a dozen. You can get them at H&M, no need to give her that affiliat ca$h by buying them at Missoma.

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

She may have to show at least an ounce of affection towards Simon at some point. I get their banter and they're obviously very solid but I really don't think it translates well for everyone when the piss taking and sarcasm are constant. It's starting to feel like a forced schtick which is becoming irritating. Didn't think I'd ever say that - it was one of the reasons I subscribed, because I find their dynamic quite relateable but eh, there you go.

BigBerry
Talker
Talker

Post by BigBerry »

Gizmo2323 wrote:She may have to show at least an ounce of affection towards Simon at some point. I get their banter and they're obviously very solid but I really don't think it translates well for everyone when the piss taking and sarcasm are constant. It's starting to feel like a forced schtick which is becoming irritating. Didn't think I'd ever say that - it was one of the reasons I subscribed, because I find their dynamic quite relateable but eh, there you go.
Yeah that shtick has kinda become irritating at this point. But maybe that's really their dynamic nowadays. I've known a few couples like this and it could be quite strange.

On topic of her latest jewelery collection video - she could've shown her whole collection. She just showed us her usual pieces we see time and time again in her vlogs and outfit videos. You could say that was just to shill out her affiliate links.

Ann46
Learner
Learner

Post by Ann46 »

The jewellery blog was DULL and I kept thinking 'Argos' for some reason :D

lurkingin94123
Talker
Talker

Post by lurkingin94123 »

PowderGirl wrote:Well....Ladies - HELLOOU *emma voice*

I have to say it: I hate short hair which she has since few weeks. It ages her SO badly and her hair doesn‘t look as healthy and put together as before.
I understand her going darker because it’s easier to upkeep but why that prince Ironheart hairstyle.

ImageImageImageImage
I agree. Whatever "hairstyle" she has right now is supremely unflattering to her face. Her stylist should be drawn and quartered for giving her that cut. With the way she speaks, the mannerisms and all the eyeball rolling when she's trying to mansplain something simple to us simpletons, she reminds me of an old school marm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

Now that you guess have mentioned it i cant get over the way she talks. I think it might be that shes trying to control her accent.

From what I've gathered she and Simon were very simple people from humble beginnings pre blog, niether of them are highly educated or actually posh to be talking down to people

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

SillySausage wrote:
Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:I still do not know why she would buy a commitment colored sofa :roll:

Its obviously a Chihuahua coloured sofa :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Lol autocorrect for the win ... I tried to say vomit colored

Ann46
Learner
Learner

Post by Ann46 »

Who's more likeable with the most engaging personality - the new sofa or Slimeman [sic]? :D

PrettyInATeacup

Post by PrettyInATeacup »

Ann46 wrote:Who's more likeable with the most engaging personality - the new sofa or Slimeman [sic]? :D
the sofa :)

Post by Guest »

lurkingin94123 wrote:
PowderGirl wrote:Well....Ladies - HELLOOU *emma voice*

I have to say it: I hate short hair which she has since few weeks. It ages her SO badly and her hair doesn‘t look as healthy and put together as before.
I understand her going darker because it’s easier to upkeep but why that prince Ironheart hairstyle.

ImageImageImageImage[/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180403</span><span>/</span><span>7fd8840903c3a6fb6b96129037888ae3</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180403</span><span>/</span><span>becfa5c0d017c9da711cd6c2792f8009</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180403</span><span>/</span><span>81ededba4a297d560dcef3e20b4cda69</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180403</span><span>/</span><span>52dcb05ad448c8a0d47b5ca310297510</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

I agree. Whatever "hairstyle" she has right now is supremely unflattering to her face. Her stylist should be drawn and quartered for giving her that cut. With the way she speaks, the mannerisms and all the eyeball rolling when she's trying to mansplain something simple to us simpletons, she reminds me of an old school marm.
I think it's a combination of being over-processed, so it's dry as straw, and also being too blunt. Her ends need to be thinned out a little to make the hair fall closer to her face. Margo and Me has a similar jaw-length bob (though she has bangs) and it falls much softer against her face and neck. It's more flattering. I agree, though, that Emma's collar bone-length cut was really nice. A lighter brown colour would be nice, too.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

It feels like recently they have all copied Estee's blunt overprocessed bob. Emma, Allana, Zoe&Poppy plus more I'm sure I am forgetting. There are so many women that feel that in order to be beautiful and successful they have to bleach their hair, when having a hairstyle and colour that suits you is what really makes you stand out :love2:

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

My sister watches her vlogs so I tried to watch a few but Emma and Simple Simon together really grate on me. They really play it up for the camera. I was wondering what he does for work. She does seem to have quite a lonely existence.

Her style is ok but she's just another YouTuber buying/ being gifted 10 times the amount of stuff she really needs. I think she was trying to be sexy in her Bahamas pics but she can't pull it off. She's too girl next door who speaks as if her followers are slow and has a love for beige food. Might watch a vlog if there is nothing else I want to see but wouldn't subscribe.

BigBerry
Talker
Talker

Post by BigBerry »

Emma's style is sorta too far in the comfort zone. I noticed she started wearing a bit more color this spring, but it's this awekward yellowish brown color that doesn't do her justice. Imo, she would look much better in pale pink or blue.

I mean something like this I feel doesn't really suit both her skincolor and hair

anattz
Talker
Talker

Post by anattz »

Emma was so humble when she first started our YouTube. She is just like the rest of the now. I remember when I watched her first handbag collection video and I thought, “this girl seems really grateful for what she has”. It isn’t like that anymore. She gives off the “I’m better than you vibe” now. She constantly mentions how her salary has increased from before, etc. Too many random vlogs and not enough actual content. I don’t want to see you organize your tiny closet for the 20th time this year. I don’t want to hear about how many pairs of jeans and blazers you own. Lastly, all her photos with sunglasses on IG creep me out.

Rage&Love
Informer
Informer

Post by Rage&Love »

I don't think I can bring myself to watch "Simon does my makeup"

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”