Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by n0seyneighbour »

Oooff I haven't watched any Emma content in ages, I see it's still the same BS - I moved on to KarenBritchick and I've just not looked back and my style is somewhere in between these 2 ladies, I like to be simple and fuss free like Emma but on occasion I enjoy to spice things up like Karen + I've worn only 3 colours since uni but I've never seen anyone so boring like Emma..

Sent by my nosey fingers

faceface
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by faceface »

Poopettemetis wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 pm
According to her Stories q&a, she’s with Gleam now. No wonder she’s been re-gramming all the tagged photos and started that hashtag. I’m guessing that was a Gleam suggestion. Sounds like them. Wonder if she’ll start going to more events - especially more sponsored trips.
I saw that too and was surprised: it seems very counterintuitive for a blogger who is not into events etc but a true soloist.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Poopettemetis wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 pm
According to her Stories q&a, she’s with Gleam now. No wonder she’s been re-gramming all the tagged photos and started that hashtag. I’m guessing that was a Gleam suggestion. Sounds like them. Wonder if she’ll start going to more events - especially more sponsored trips.
I saw Emma Hill Ltd had become incorporated with both Emma and Simon as the main shareholders so thought something might have changed. Will get to see how much they earn now (I'm nosy and find it interesting).

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Squishypotato wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:22 am
faceface wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:28 am
I am in the middle of her vlog about summer staples. I might as well stop watching because there is nothing new there. I know that IS the main characteristic of 'staple', I have each and everyone of of the items (or something like it) she is showing in my wardrobe and wear them all the time but that is just the thing: most women do. For years. And she is hashing it out as if she is sharing something completely novel. A vlog like this may be something of a revelation for the complete and utter fashion-unconscious who needs a hand but for her long term followers? Nope.
Exactly. Every item (or variation of) is something she wears ALL THE TIME. Every vlog, "fashion video" or SM post consists of poorly fitted "oversized" blazer and tshirt and some jeans or too tight pants*. So deeply boring and uninspiring. If she wanted to go down the sustainable route, she could cull 90% of her wardrobe and do a capsule wardrobe, which MAY make this boring uniform somewhat more palatable, because "sustainable".
Instead she buys or is gifted multiples of the same thing, and ends up looking the same despite her massive collection.
I get having a "personal style" that you're comfortable and confident with. But she is supposedly a "fashion vlogger/digital content creator". I don't need to waste time watching someone like this tell me I can jazz up my style by changing the colour of my tee, or going for a pair of jeans that are 1/4 inch longer or 1 shade darker....or show me how to achieve dead looking (#gifted) yellow straw hair with terrible roots, I'm pretty sure I can achieve that all on my own.
(I cannot believe she has had multiple hairdressing appointments to make her hair look this awful, it gets worse with every appt)

*seriously, all the pants she goes on and on about being of "amazing fit" are just too GD tight in the groin, which is evident from the way the zip or button fly sticks/pops out, or stretch and pull across the groin and highlight the crease like she is wearing a diaper. It's something I've noticed for years, and she Always comments that those items have an amazing fit. I beg to differ, just because it is tight doesn't make it a good fit. This is one occasion when I actually think she would benefit from sizing up! Apologies, I can't be bothered to figure out how to post pics at the moment otherwise I would definitely attach evidence!
I think the diaper look is because she buys oversized shirts (sometimes two sizes up) and then insists on tucking it all into her super high waisted pants. I feel like if you want the tucked in look with high waisted pants you need to wear a body suit or something very thin and form fitting. I don't find the zipper bulge thing attractive either. Such a bad look

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Also I think her huge overly tattooed brow age her, was just catching up on instastories and was shocked at how harsh they look especially with the yellow hair

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

drasticactions wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:28 pm
Also I think her huge overly tattooed brow age her, was just catching up on instastories and was shocked at how harsh they look especially with the yellow hair
LOL, my husband's question : " why are there caterpillars on her face"

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

Watching today's vlog about Everlane, only on item #3 and I am already like 'Dear god no...'. Ill fitting basics you can get in Europe without having to pay taxes. And why is she trying on items more suitable for the fall season?? Summer is about to start right?

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

And now she complains about Everlane sizing. And that is just wrong: she ordered a pair of chinos in a US size 4. That size translates to a UK8/10 or a European 34/36.

Emma is in NO way a 34 or 36...anymore. She used to be. But I can just tell she is now more of a UK 12/14 or a European 38/40. Depending on the brand though she may still be able to fit a roomier UK 10 I would say. And this is quite common mind you, women believing they are still the smaller size they used to be, it can be tough, I get that. But is is not fair to put this down to the US sizing sytem or Everlane.

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

faceface wrote:And now she complains about Everlane sizing. And that is just wrong: she ordered a pair of chinos in a US size 4. That size translates to a UK8/10 or a European 34/36.

Emma is in NO way a 34 or 36...anymore. She used to be. But I can just tell she is now more of a UK 12/14 or a European 38/40. Depending on the brand though she may still be able to fit a roomier UK 10 I would say. And this is quite common mind you, women believing they are still the smaller size they used to be, it can be tough, I get that. But is is not fair to put this down to the US sizing sytem or Everlane.
I do not think she is a 12-14 at all. She probably was an 8, sometimes small 10 before and is now a 10 maybe sometimes a small 12 depending on the fit and due to her height.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

faceface wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:59 am
And now she complains about Everlane sizing. And that is just wrong: she ordered a pair of chinos in a US size 4. That size translates to a UK8/10 or a European 34/36.

She'a put on some weight but I very much doubt she's a 12 let alone a 14.

On another note i don't get the video editing style. Why does ut randomly zoom in, chopping off he5 gead?

Post by Guest »

emmaemma wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:30 am
faceface wrote:And now she complains about Everlane sizing. And that is just wrong: she ordered a pair of chinos in a US size 4. That size translates to a UK8/10 or a European 34/36.

I do not think she is a 12-14 at all. She probably was an 8, sometimes small 10 before and is now a 10 maybe sometimes a small 12 depending on the fit and due to her height.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I concur that she's probably a UK 10,most certainly not a 14!
There is also a huge inconsistency in sizing across brands (likely due to vanity sizing practices) which makes getting appropriate sizes online a real struggle, so it may well be that UK 8 in Everlane isn't the same as UK 8 in Stories, and that would mean her point is valid.

Having said that, whenever I watch her videos, I do think to myself that her trousers are almost always too small.
I know someone said earlier it may be because she's tucking in baggy shirts but that's not it at all. The creasing that happens on the front of the trousers is a clear indication that they're just too small. She'd benefit from taking the next size up and having alterations made if the waist needs to be taken in.

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

I'm kind of surprised she's in-between a US 6 and 8, I thought she was skinnier than that. How much money did Everlane pay her to change her opinion and give them a positive review?? Also sounds like a really bad idea to order Everlane in the UK with the extra taxes and return policies.

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

I'm kind of surprised she's in-between a US 6 and 8, I thought she was skinnier than that. How much money did Everlane pay her to change her opinion and give them a positive review?? Also sounds like a really bad idea to order Everlane in the UK with the extra taxes and return policies.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

Everlane is famous for having inconsistent sizing across all their offerings. It's incredibly frustrating, but they are so focused on churning out new product that they haven't invested the time and energy in their patterns / sizing (not to mention their near refusal to introduce more inclusive sizing).

I feel bad for anyone in Europe who might end up buying these recommendations, going through that whole process and paying the massive fees just to have stuff that doesn't fit...thus contributing to the over-consumption and giant carbon footprint Emma brings up all the time.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

Watching her vlog...fillers...I hope she does not go ahead with this.

Apart from the health aspect (and I do personally believe you should never ever put something in your body that is not meant to be there but it is up to each person of course to decide), is she in the right place mentally to make this kind of decision? I would think she has enough to deal with already, what will happen if this 'procedure' geos wrong? There is always a possibility of that happening and to add an unwanted cosmetic result to mental issues is a recipe for disaster.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

^right! I think when you do procedures to feel better a bout yourself it doesn't really change how you feel about yourself. You might think you'll feel better but after awhile you are still your same self, with the same self image issues. You need to work on your self esteem first.

Also I just don't understand everyone on Instagram and youtube and the fillers. Did everyone forget what Pete burns looked like? I feel like it is a slippery slope.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

faceface wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:24 pm
Watching her vlog...fillers...I hope she does not go ahead with this.

Apart from the health aspect (and I do personally believe you should never ever put something in your body that is not meant to be there but it is up to each person of course to decide), is she in the right place mentally to make this kind of decision? I would think she has enough to deal with already, what will happen if this 'procedure' geos wrong? There is always a possibility of that happening and to add an unwanted cosmetic result to mental issues is a recipe for disaster.
I thought the exact same thing as I watched her video! What awful timing for her to consider fillers or botox. If she does get started on this now in her current mental state, I can guarantee that it won't end at the fillers. She'll need to search for the next thing that might make her happier and on and on it will go - that is the slippery slope she needs to be wary of. I would love to see her explore self care routines, maybe yoga, meditation, regular massages or facials, healthier eating, etc before the quick fix cosmetic procedures.

BigBerry
Talker
Talker

Post by BigBerry »

But what if her insecurities stem from getting older and wrinklier.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

She was talking about her double chin giving her issues, which I mean I get part of it is bc she had to have facial reconstruction after the dog that attacked her when she was a kid but, I think part of it too is just maybe cutting back on the KFC?

She did talk about preventative botox but the physician said she didn't need it yet.

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

There is no such thing as preventative botox, it's something the botox providers created to get more business. Your skin will sag with age no matter if you shoot botox into it now or later.

Fillers are very trendy also but what are the long term affects of having those masses in your face?

But it seems to get the Kardashians millions/billions of dollars to have a ton of both before they are 40 so maybe that is the goal.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”