Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

Soooo, I didn't want to spoil the love vibe on the rave thread about Emma, but as I've started watching her videos, I need somewhere to let out my thoughts- so hello there if anyone cares to join me.

So my main gripe with her is the patronising way she speaks, all the time. She speaks SLOWLY and CLEARLY how some people speak to the deaf - and it's sooo cringe. I thought to myself if I was to speak like that, it would be such a massive effort. Surely sometimes she must speak a bit faster and not so over the top pronounced?

In her lastest vlog she talks about how she's off to a shoot with Amazon and she's going to be the UK ambassador - then at the end of her vlog she shows off a face mask she's wearing and says "I don't know how well it will work -as I bought it off Amazon" -
and in the comments she's said "its shit" !

Great way to start working with Amazon! Image

Oh and the last thing for right now was when she tweeted yesterday about wanting to join GG as herself to post on her own thread
"to set the record straight" - now if I hadn't thought she was patronising before that tweet, she just became it right there!

No need to come and and go "WELL AC.TU.ALLY. GUYS.." Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by Gizmo2323 »

Lmao I said I didn't get the patronising thing but I kinda do, except I still think it's not affected at all, it's just her accent plus general way she speaks. And I honestly think it comes from awkwardness. I reckon she's super socially awkward. Which leads me to...

Anyone get the impression she really struggles to make girlfriends? I absolutely get that vibe from her. And friends in general even. I half cringed during the amazon thing because for me her lack of social confidence was screaming though. Made sense when she said talking to the camera was like therapy. In general that whole vlog felt...sad? Like she was in a real emotional funk. And maybe high anxiety.

With her obvious growing popularity I hope she doesn't let it panic her into putting on a front, because she seems like the kinda person where it would manifest as aloof arrogance which ain't pretty. I sense that sometimes now...I wince.

I think I'm the one panicking here lol.

ETA @Minnie ha I never noticed the amazon thing. D'oh!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Gizmo2323 wrote:Lmao I said I didn't get the patronising thing but I kinda do, except I still think it's not affected at all, it's just her accent plus general way she speaks. And I honestly think it comes from awkwardness. I reckon she's super socially awkward. Which leads me to...

Anyone get the impression she really struggles to make girlfriends? I absolutely get that vibe from her. And friends in general even. I half cringed during the amazon thing because for me her lack of social confidence was screaming though. Made sense when she said talking to the camera was like therapy. In general that whole vlog felt...sad? Like she was in a real emotional funk. And maybe high anxiety.

With her obvious growing popularity I hope she doesn't let it panic her into putting on a front, because she seems like the kinda person where it would manifest as aloof arrogance which ain't pretty. I sense that sometimes now...I wince.

I think I'm the one panicking here lol.

I've not watched too many of her videos but she's not mentioned friends in any of them- is that a general theme for her? Does she have any YouTube/ Blog friends?

I have never looked at her Instagram until this evening - and I'm a bit shocked at her wearing sunglasses in 99% of her pictures, what's that about?

I would say though that generally I like her style and I can identify with it. In that I mostly wear jeans, a tee & a smart coat & bag too.
It's quite a classic style and she generally looks quite put together on her Instagram.

I think she mentioned doing a lower priced haul soon- I'll look forward to that. Hope she reference somewhere outside the UK - like ASOS - as I'm not in the UK.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I always thought she talked that way because she's training herself to talk differently. She's from Cornwall right? I bet she sounded a lot more like her mom does and has tried to lose the accent. I honestly think her mom is really fun to watch (so is Simon). I like Emma's style but she does seem to come off condescending (maybe poor attempt at sarcasm? Or poorly read on my part) at times and it bugs me a little.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by PowderGirl »

Well....Ladies - HELLOOU *emma voice*

I have to say it: I hate short hair which she has since few weeks. It ages her SO badly and her hair doesn‘t look as healthy and put together as before.
I understand her going darker because it’s easier to upkeep but why that prince Ironheart hairstyle.

ImageImageImageImage

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

I actually think that she prefers a smaller group of people around her, she isn´t a "group person".
Btw she and her husband are funny but sometimes it seems forced or "played up" for the camera which doesn´t come across as natural.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

PowderGirl wrote:Well....Ladies - HELLOOU *emma voice*

I have to say it: I hate short hair which she has since few weeks. It ages her SO badly and her hair doesn‘t look as healthy and put together as before.
I understand her going darker because it’s easier to upkeep but why that prince Ironheart hairstyle.

ImageImageImageImage
Well HELLOUU - you nailed that one! Image

Agreed it's the worst hair cut she's had and the worst haircut in general!

I just see this whenever I see her tbh!

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

Also she mentions fast food and the amount (!) of food they eat WAY too often. She is a tall girl but still, she can´t have a body like that and only eat eat eat. She doesn´t pretend stuff (I like that about her) but she exaggerates to come across as really likeable.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

aehn wrote:Also she mentions fast food and the amount (!) of food they eat WAY too often. She is a tall girl but still, she can´t have a body like that and only eat eat eat. She doesn´t pretend stuff (I like that about her) but she exaggerates to come across as really likeable.
I did wonder! She talks about KFC way too much (vom- I can't take the stuff. It's all gloopy under the crispy skin).

I clicked on a video of hers once, where she was going vegan for a week and I've never heard anyone moan so much about it, she complained and moaned so much - and my thoughts were mainly "Why the F are you doing it then, is someone forcing you?

Stoppppp moaning about it, as if it's that bad for a week" - and then I couldn't watch anymore of her stuff for a while!

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

I‘m the same with not being able to watch her for a while after she’s annoyed me lol.
For instance the Disney trip was so annoying, she kept going off about it and being really childish (and this „fake“ humorous way of interacting with Simon).
I stopped watching her videos from a week before the trip until now. Just couldn’t stand her saying DISSSSNEYYY once again. But maybe that’s because I dislike Disney and what they portray. lol.

Rage&Love
Informer
Informer

Post by Rage&Love »

MoanyMinnie wrote: In her lastest vlog she talks about how she's off to a shoot with Amazon and she's going to be the UK ambassador - then at the end of her vlog she shows off a face mask she's wearing and says "I don't know how well it will work -as I bought it off Amazon" -
and in the comments she's said "its shit" !

Great way to start working with Amazon!

I thought the same thing ha!

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

I do definitely think shes playing up the KFC thing, i think maybe she tries too hard.

I don't warch any of their travel vlogs and only occasionally watch normal vlogs if im really bored - im mostly subscribed for the fashion. I do enjoy the vligs when i watch them it's just there is better out there

Happywifehappylife
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Happywifehappylife »

I never really watched a lot of her stuff but I don't watch any now after that vegan debacle. It annoyed be beyond belief as a vegan myself. I'm no vegan nazi and will only give people info if they ask but the constant moaning and not saying anything positive. She didn't even want to give veganism a chance and she must have turned people off even giving it a try also. Also in the comments of that video people were giving her ideas and tips and she replied she won't be going vegan as she has had issues with food in the past...WTF! Why are you doing this then. Just made me realise she was simply doing it for content which made my blood boil she was using such an issue as fodder for her channel because she ran out of ideas. Her and Simon both talk like they are simple. God I couldn't bare to listen to a conversation between those 2.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

I guess Emma check having a GG rant thread off on her bucket list :rofl: This is why we can't have nice things :love2:

PixelGirl

Post by PixelGirl »

I noticed the Amazon thing too, whoops!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

SillySausage wrote:I guess Emma check having a GG rant thread off on her bucket list :rofl: This is why we can't have nice things :love2:
Lol quite. I'm so triggered right now Image

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

PixelGirl wrote:I noticed the Amazon thing too, whoops!

But isn’t that like good thing? Her being honest that it’s shit no matter if she’s collaborating mit Amazon?

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

PowderGirl wrote:
PixelGirl wrote:I noticed the Amazon thing too, whoops!

But isn’t that like good thing? Her being honest that it’s shit no matter if she’s collaborating mit Amazon?
I don't necessarily see it as a massive error because it's obviously not an Amazon branded thing just one of a trillion things they happen sell. But still, I noticed it. Unless she did it on purpose to appear all impartial and shit...hm.

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

Gizmo2323 wrote:
SillySausage wrote:I guess Emma check having a GG rant thread off on her bucket list :rofl: This is why we can't have nice things :love2:
Lol quite. I'm so triggered right now

I can see that coming. She can´t handle even the slightest form of criticism, noticed that when she replys to comments. So she will def. mention us somehow. ;)
Shame really, I like her and her style but she needs to realize when you put yourself out there there will always be something not EVERYBODY likes.

livingmybestlife
Informer
Informer

Post by livingmybestlife »

I really tried with her videos as I love her style, I just cannot deal with her voice. She gives me captain of the girls hockey team vibes.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”