Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by floozyfloo »

ga7ba wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:
Ccc123000 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks she is rather goofy-looking and not that attractive (for a fashion vlogger)?
No, you are definitely not the only one :rofl:

I've never been able to understand her appeal as a supposed fashion blogger.
her weird haircut doesn’t help

Goofy is the right word. Without her height I really think she'd struggle.

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

Well, I don't defend her lifestyle, her consumerism and her superficiality regarding clothes but I must say, I appreciate her looking not as bland as all the other fashion bloggers. She kinda has an edge, which suits her personality to some point. I even think it is kind of mean to expect her looking super attractive because of being a fashion blogger.

While her figure is striking, she is not scarily thin, has some curves to her and her face is not enhanced by fillers, beauty operations and else. I like her on that part for being relatable and I don't think, that you have insanely beautiful to be a fashion blogger, because it is about fashion. It is a little bit sad, as I think she really knows that she is not that attractive, hence, she mostly wears huge sunglasses in her Instagram pictures.
I actually prefer a naturally, not that attractive person to do it than someone, who fully changes her looks for pursuing a career as an influencer (Negin, Xenia Overdose, Care Daur, ...).

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

proverbs_ wrote:Well, I don't defend her lifestyle, her consumerism and her superficiality regarding clothes but I must say, I appreciate her looking not as bland as all the other fashion bloggers. She kinda has an edge, which suits her personality to some point. I even think it is kind of mean to expect her looking super attractive because of being a fashion blogger.

While her figure is striking, she is not scarily thin, has some curves to her and her face is not enhanced by fillers, beauty operations and else. I like her on that part for being relatable and I don't think, that you have insanely beautiful to be a fashion blogger, because it is about fashion. It is a little bit sad, as I think she really knows that she is not that attractive, hence, she mostly wears huge sunglasses in her Instagram pictures.
I actually prefer a naturally, not that attractive person to do it than someone, who fully changes her looks for pursuing a career as an influencer (Negin, Xenia Overdose, Care Daur, ...).
I agree, lots of fashion bloggers and influencers in general are very attractive (makes sense) and everything they wear looks great but I think it’s good to see someone who is fairly plain and normal and see how they elevate that with fashion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

proverbs_ wrote:Well, I don't defend her lifestyle, her consumerism and her superficiality regarding clothes but I must say, I appreciate her looking not as bland as all the other fashion bloggers. She kinda has an edge, which suits her personality to some point. I even think it is kind of mean to expect her looking super attractive because of being a fashion blogger.

I agree, lots of fashion bloggers and influencers in general are very attractive (makes sense) and everything they wear looks great but I think it’s good to see someone who is fairly plain and normal and see how they elevate that with fashion

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Sorry for the double post, I’m blaming Tapatalk

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

I still don't see where she is fashionable to any degree or striking at all. I only ever see her wear trousers or jeans with a tee shirt and (ill-fitted or oversized) blazer. I'm all for a daily uniform but as a fashion blogger? I don't get it. I'm still hoping to understand how she got her following, so I'd love to know if there is somewhere I can go to see fashionable Emma instead? I do think some of her outfits would come across a little better if she changed her hair to break up that low-effort (yet not effortless) vibe.

On another note, did anyone watch her bag collection video? I can't bring myself to hit play. The total number in the thumbnail and title seemed a little over the top. I just want to know if she named each one of them. Her naming her bags is another thing that drives me up the wall.

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

gossipy locks wrote:I still don't see where she is fashionable to any degree or striking at all. I only ever see her wear trousers or jeans with a tee shirt and (ill-fitted or oversized) blazer. I'm all for a daily uniform but as a fashion blogger? I don't get it. I'm still hoping to understand how she got her following, so I'd love to know if there is somewhere I can go to see fashionable Emma instead? I do think some of her outfits would come across a little better if she changed her hair to break up that low-effort (yet not effortless) vibe.

On another note, did anyone watch her bag collection video? I can't bring myself to hit play. The total number in the thumbnail and title seemed a little over the top. I just want to know if she named each one of them. Her naming her bags is another thing that drives me up the wall.

Right? She's definitely a 'specified' fashion blogger. All I ever see is workwear, and while that's nice, shouldn't a fashion blogger be open to all new trends? Their job is to model fashion right? So why is she only wearing blazers and t shirts? She *hates dresses* :roll: :roll: and won't wear bright prints or colours. She literally just wears what she wants, and that's fine, but I wouldn't say it's a fashion blogger mentality.

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

floozyfloo wrote:
gossipy locks wrote: I'm still hoping to understand how she got her following, so I'd love to know if there is somewhere I can go to see fashionable Emma instead? (yet not effortless) vibe.

Right? She's definitely a 'specified' fashion blogger. All I ever see is workwear, and while that's nice, shouldn't a fashion blogger be open to all new trends?
I think I might be able to enlighten you guys on that part.
I wondered myself about the very same question when I came across ohne of her YouTube videos were she shows off a bit of her style development. I actually couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the outfits she used to feature :D :D
The Video is called "Style Evolution" and she features a LOT of colors, really fun skirts, crazy patterns, neon and cuts and ruffles and so on. Reminding a bit of a Carrie Bradshaw London-Style, but with a very next-door charme to it. Not at all uniform-like as nowadays :( So I actually get how she got so successful, even though she comes across as quite bland :(

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

Could there be any more blazers in her recent haul? Like, how many does she think a normal person has?

aliceintheuk
Learner
Learner

Post by aliceintheuk »

proverbs_ wrote:Could there be any more blazers in her recent haul? Like, how many does she think a normal person has?
I am so bloody sick of her buying blazer after blazer after blazer. How many blazers does one woman need???? And I wouldn’t mind but they literally all look the same! ‘This ones a little different’ errrm no it’s not Emma. Honestly I appreciate the fact that she dresses age appropriate and always looks classy but everything’s just so dull dull dull. I know people who dress like her in real life, I don’t know why she feels she needs to show off her boring mundane outfits to thousands of people.

Also, her ‘I never wear much makeup’ routine wears me thin. Maybe she should, then she might look a little less bland. A nice red lip and a brown smokey eye would look lovely on her.

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

aliceintheuk wrote:
proverbs_ wrote:Could there be any more blazers in her recent haul? Like, how many does she think a normal person has?
I am so bloody sick of her buying blazer after blazer after blazer. How many blazers does one woman need???? And I wouldn’t mind but they literally all look the same! ‘This ones a little different’ errrm no it’s not Emma. Honestly I appreciate the fact that she dresses age appropriate and always looks classy but everything’s just so dull dull dull. I know people who dress like her in real life, I don’t know why she feels she needs to show off her boring mundane outfits to thousands of people.

Also, her ‘I never wear much makeup’ routine wears me thin. Maybe she should, then she might look a little less bland. A nice red lip and a brown smokey eye would look lovely on her.
Oh but if she wore eyeshadow, we wouldn't get to see her roll her eyes so much, to let us know she's superior and 'above' the rest of us peasants. Can't have that.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

aliceintheuk wrote:

I think the key to everything you said is that she needs to change things up sometimes! The blazers are good, just not when it's blazers every dang day. No makeup make up is great, but gets boring very quickly when it's all you do. And I agree! She is so stuck in a rut it isn't even funny anymore. For these reasons, she is far from being a fashion or beauty influencer imo. Why would we need to see different variations of the same boring thing over and over again? And whyyyyy would she think that is the most helpful or interesting stuff she has to offer?

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

She went to Paris and *forgot* her wedding anniversary.

She's either just a dick of a human (most likely) or she's desperate for those 'relatable' points. Irritating in the least.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

floozyfloo wrote:She went to Paris and *forgot* her wedding anniversary.

She's either just a dick of a human (most likely) or she's desperate for those 'relatable' points. Irritating in the least.

At first I thought it was relatable. But yet again, I'm not sure how long they dated before getting married. If they dated years and years I could understand that (remembering dating anniversary and forgetting wedding) Then I thought about it and she pulled up her sleeve and was like "I've even got a tattoo". And she only got married a couple years ago, and Simon has their wedding date tattoo too! So I'm really starting to think she" s a crappy person. Nothing wrong with not spending your anniversary together, but to schedule a trip to a city your husband hates for work on that date and take your friend instead is horrible. I get they see each other a lot but still it is obviously important to Simon.

1980shairscrunchie
Debater
Debater

Post by 1980shairscrunchie »

floozyfloo wrote:
aliceintheuk wrote:

Oh but if she wore eyeshadow, we wouldn't get to see her roll her eyes so much, to let us know she's superior and 'above' the rest of us peasants. Can't have that.
Meh I can get on with the rest but I just can’t take her rolling her eyes or her tone and accent as being above anyone or considering others as peasants.

She is very working class and if you watched her vlog where her cute mum is in you’d see she comes from a very normal background.

Maybe she aspires to be more or change her accent or maybe the way she dresses. We all do eventually as we get older and our careers start making larger moves etc, change should be constant in anyone’s life.

I just wish she’d stop drawing out her words. That aspect in general I think is where people get a certain sense of a condescending tone from her.

I suspect it’s something she’s acquired while trying to improve her accent. Reason being is when she’s with her mother her tone and speed of speaking while with her mother is quick and sharp and that’s where you can get her heavy accent.

It’s when she’s trying to explain something while using ways she’s coped with improving her accept such as drawing a word out that it becomes very annoying but you can sense she’s trying to articulate verbally in a different way.

In this world of hipster bloggers who are all 22 and living in mansions and vacationing every month while Instagraming their faces non stop I think she’s semi refreshing and style wise it’s not my cup of tea but I do pull aspects I like from her from time to time. She’s got a keen eye for trends that transition which I like because I’m more concerned with a long term ecologically friendly wardrobe.

Her style is very 80s with those blazers but it looks like that’s another thing that’s coming back in full force.

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

Honestly the blazer thing is getting ridiculous, that most recent haul i couldn't believe she's got 4 new blazers. I don't read her blog but in the Paris vlog every outfit she showed was a t-shirt and blazer. It's all very boring- which is probably why I unfollowed her Instagram months back.

I follow a few minimal fashion bloggers & people with capsule wardrobes and they're able to produce more interesting content.

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

monki wrote:Honestly the blazer thing is getting ridiculous, that most recent haul i couldn't believe she's got 4 new blazers. I don't read her blog but in the Paris vlog every outfit she showed was a t-shirt and blazer. It's all very boring- which is probably why I unfollowed her Instagram months back.

I follow a few minimal fashion bloggers & people with capsule wardrobes and they're able to produce more interesting content.
I watched part of her haul the other day as background noise and fucking hell. I don't bloody care how much she says she loves the environment, buying that volume of clothing is doing more harm than buying a polyester shirt. Does she consider that even natural fibres are made using factories that expel pollution into the air?? It isn't at all relatable, or enjoyable to watch someone chat on about 12 blazers (didn't count them). She didn't even seem to like them that much, just rattled off the facts as she tried them on.

Also did anyone else see that now she's working with Topshop? Interesting seeing as their use of 'natural' fibres is within the lowest of highstreet brands.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

drasticactions wrote:
floozyfloo wrote:She went to Paris and *forgot* her wedding anniversary.

At first I thought it was relatable. But yet again, I'm not sure how long they dated before getting married. If they dated years and years I could understand that (remembering dating anniversary and forgetting wedding) Then I thought about it and she pulled up her sleeve and was like "I've even got a tattoo". And she only got married a couple years ago, and Simon has their wedding date tattoo too! So I'm really starting to think she" s a crappy person. Nothing wrong with not spending your anniversary together, but to schedule a trip to a city your husband hates for work on that date and take your friend instead is horrible. I get they see each other a lot but still it is obviously important to Simon.
This hardly seems like the kind of thing someone would do as they're just coming out of a rough patch in their marriage, does it? She could have planned this trip for literally any other 4-day span, why do it on your wedding anniversary? And surely Simon would have had a chance to say something as she was telling him about her plans and what she booked?

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

floozyfloo wrote:
monki wrote:Honestly the blazer thing is getting ridiculous, that most recent haul i couldn't believe she's got 4 new blazers. I don't read her blog but in the Paris vlog every outfit she showed was a t-shirt and blazer. It's all very boring- which is probably why I unfollowed her Instagram months back.

I watched part of her haul the other day as background noise and fucking hell. I don't bloody care how much she says she loves the environment, buying that volume of clothing is doing more harm than buying a polyester shirt. Does she consider that even natural fibres are made using factories that expel pollution into the air?? It isn't at all relatable, or enjoyable to watch someone chat on about 12 blazers (didn't count them). She didn't even seem to like them that much, just rattled off the facts as she tried them on.

Also did anyone else see that now she's working with Topshop? Interesting seeing as their use of 'natural' fibres is within the lowest of highstreet brands.
This is soo true, Emma buys what would be an entirely new wardrobe to some people every month yet still has the nerve to talk about sustainable fashion.

The anniversary thing was really sad and at this point i just fell sorry for Simon.

I said this a few months back and someone else mentioned this before but I think Emma's biggest problem is she's just a normal girl putting all her efforts into being posh now. I also get the feeling she looks down at her friend (Deb?)- but maybe that's just me

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

Trying to play devil's advocate but maybe Simon cheated? or did something equally bad? that would make sense why Emma booked the trip over their anniversary and always "forgets" it.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”