FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Iris1969

Re: FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Post by Iris1969 »

Ftuiokhfr wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:28 am
Not sure about Revolve but she also made some negative comments about Zara lately too, which she normally pushes to the max. In one of the Freddy collabs, she said something about how cheap/poor quality the Zara stuff is and how they always “cut corners” which was odd as in the past she’s been telling us how Zara stuff is “such good quality”.
With Zara it's easy to know why she is so negative about them: they don't do affiliate links, so she can't make money out of promoting them. That is why she never puts their links to the products in her description box.

With Revolve I don't know. She once did a collab with them and she was fine with their quality then, although we never saw her wear any of the clothes she showed in her haul later on IRL, but I think she must have had an argument with them about her fee, as everything seems to be about earning lots of money with her these days.

Post by Guest »

I took note of the comments about Zara too, iris is probably right though - they don't work with influencers so she's under no obligation to say how amazing they are like she does with Topshop etc.
She's just posted a Zara haul so the quality issue must have slipped her mind :roll:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was disgusted by her buying designer clothes to visit a third world country. Also what was the point of Charlie being there? He's such a sponger.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

I think that she only did this Zara haul to please her followers and that she will return most of the items afterwards, as they not at all what she usually wears.

And what was she thinking with those loud floral Bermuda shorts? :lol:

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by sororitygirl123 »

I can't with the summer trends that are over video. She's such a pretentious bitch. It wasn't about trends ending, rather trends she hates and thinks are cheap.

Does she not understand personal style?!?

langwidere
Learner
Learner

Post by langwidere »

sororitygirl123 wrote:I can't with the summer trends that are over video. She's such a pretentious bitch. It wasn't about trends ending, rather trends she hates and thinks are cheap.

Does she not understand personal style?!?
I wish she’d stop referencing her other pseudo-informative “fashion insider” videos in every single video! Like gosh it’s a flipping haul let me mindlessly listen to it in peace without hearing you go on and on about DARK FLORALS, AGAIN. And totally agree with you, she looks dreary, drab, and beige in every outfit and then has the nerve to criticise people who don’t dress exactly like her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leii
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by Leii »

She is being critiqued in the comment section for buying at Zara and preaching sustainability at the same time. I wonder how long it will take for her to delete the comments

Sassafras
Learner
Learner

Post by Sassafras »

The only reason why youtubers do Zara hauls is not for the affiliate commission (since there is none) but to potentially reach a new audience. It’s a strategy - I’ve seen girls with small channels subscriber counts soar off the back of a Zara haul, and that’ll be the only reason why Josie actually does them since she is very strategic about what she posts.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

I just had to :roll: when she was going on and on in her Laos vlog about influencers that photoshop a waterfall blue when it is brown/muddy IRL, when she herself sucks the life out of all of her IG pics with her presets and even sells those for a profit. And she was wrong about it too, because that waterfall really is blue outside of the rainy season :lol:.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

In her latest haul Josie showed some Reiss clothing/shoes that cost over 3000 pounds and said that she bought them with her own money. No gifts, vouchers or discounts. Do we believe her? Is she that rich? :?

Leii
Debater
Debater

Post by Leii »

Iris1969 wrote:In her latest haul Josie showed some Reiss clothing/shoes that cost over 3000 pounds and said that she bought them with her own money. No gifts, vouchers or discounts. Do we believe her? Is she that rich? :?

But how much of it will she send back?

Post by Guest »

Iris1969 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:10 am
In her latest haul Josie showed some Reiss clothing/shoes that cost over 3000 pounds and said that she bought them with her own money. No gifts, vouchers or discounts. Do we believe her? Is she that rich? :?
I don't even bother to watch her videos anymore, am I missing much?
I noticed she put on Instagram a question sticker asking her followers how old they thought she looked, after a lady left a comment on her bare minerals pic saying something like it was nice to find a YouTuber in the late 30s. Ouch!
I wonder how everybody responded, I must admit, when I first started watching her I thought she was 35ish. I was shocked when I first heard her say she was in her 20s!
I think it's possible she's lying about her age and that's why she always says she's such a 'plonker' and can't remember how old she is when questioned. If she really is 27 - why does she look so much older than her years 😕 all those overpriced #linkeddownbelow serums can't be doing much good!

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Her affected tone voice meant to be posh, the way she dresses and she carries her clothes, that she is really thin, age her a lot I think. She is still pretty, but she looks more in her 30s.

Sophie Shohet and Claire Chanelle (I Am Chouquette) are both 33 years old and look 40s, they are younger than me, I don't know if the english accent age them or something or the 'lux' lifestyle.

winterlover21
Lurker
Lurker

Post by winterlover21 »

I no longer watch a lot of Josie's videos, however I did watch her recent "what I eat in a day" video, and had to laugh hard at how "eco-conscious" she is now. She claims to eat healthy (and use the law of attraction to stay thin LOL) and yet she eats so much junk at her "breakfast meetings" and blogger events. So her hypocrisy spans across most areas of her life I'd imagine, not just her wardrobe (buy less, but invest!). She got really thin at one point but doesn't look as thin anymore, so maybe she's gained a little healthy weight. I wonder if Charlie influences her weight and diet at all considering how health and body-obsessed he is? What do you guys think?

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Add to the list of influencers shilling those Senvere stiff bags...

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

Nance wrote:Add to the list of influencers shilling those Senvere stiff bags...
I am completely repelled as soon as she started showing the bag! I turned off the video. If this is the company’s way to influence me (as a viewer), it has completely worked the opposite way LoL. Money well spent on “advertising”!!

idontgetit18
Talker
Talker

Post by idontgetit18 »

So many reusable cups etc but she’s in the background of one of freddy’s insta stories with a smoothie in a disposable plastic takeaway cup (doesn’t know she’s on camera). Wouldn’t bother me if she hadn’t been preaching so much lately 😅

Milo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Milo »

They need to get a grip! I wonder how long they were actually taking photos for. Even 30 minutes sounds absolutely outrageous to me. What is wrong with them. I think everyone should go to this hotel haha who do they think they are telling people not to go there just because they were (probably kindly) moved to ask along after spending hours claiming the place for tacky photos

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

Her and her Barbie doll friend Freddie are so embarrassing! People are probably rolling their eyes and shaking their heads on these so called social influencers lol

winterlover21
Lurker
Lurker

Post by winterlover21 »

What happened to this thread? Is there a new one?

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Maybe the thread slows down, she's boring, her videos are the same, still salty about the disclosure...

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”