Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by lizzy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:05 pm

hb2019 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:48 pm
Hi, all. First time posting on this thread. I've on-and-off been a viewer of Ashley's content. Earlier this year, after a long break, I started watching her content again. BOY, has it changed.

So, I don't know if anyone on here is a part of the LBH FB group? Honestly, I only joined because I subscribed to the magazine last year. Anyways, I normally don't get involved in threads but I watched Ashley's latest FB Live and it REALLY irked me. Ashley talked about "new group policies" and "values". The really weird thing is that in every other sentence she mentioned Angela. Ashley would said, "Angela said this", "Well, like Angela said", or "When Ryan and I sat down and met with Angela". I understand Angela has been slowly integrating herself more and more into the group, but something doesn't feel right. It feels as if Angela is a big driver behind the new content shift. The entire live stream had a strange energy. It's like they say; when something feels off, it is off.

Has anyone else picked up on the strange Angela "back-seat driving" vibes?

xo
Welcome! I don't think I have heard anyone that belong to the LBH group on GG. Good to see not everyone to pay for the magazine agrees to anything Ashley does/says.

I heard about Angela on the video "Things Im doing wrong" (which btw ended up being the contrary, a video about how great they are and how everyone should push harder to be like them :roll: ). They kept talking about Angela, that woman that keep sending DMs to Ashley even when she didn't reply and keep telling them she wanted to do more for the "LBH community". And then when was the LBH meeting on NY earlier this year, they say Angela flew across the country (I think from San Francisco) and set a meeting with them and told them about ideas for the content of the magazine and so on...

My theory is that Ashley got used to Jena make lot of things for her (including the magazine) and now that Jena has left, Ashley needed someone. And what better that a fan that (I bet) works for free!!. Ashley mentioned they have an intern now (I bet a junior). I don't know why you get an 'intern'? is that to pay lower salarie?

But anyway, they gave so much credit to Angela. Saying that Ashley was discconted from her content and Angela made her look why?... Ashley and Ryan see the kind of persons that never can make business by themselves. They are like magazine models that look good on camera and thing that's all it takes to sucess.

Ugh88
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ugh88 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:51 pm

lizzy wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:17 pm
I forgot about this thread! Who has time to watch her 1-hour long rambling videos anymore? :D Not sure if there is a new video.

But I wanted to talk about Ashley's body. And this is because the "Insecurity Body" video reminds me to an old video where she talked about how difficult is for her to gain weight and again acted like a victim of course.

Ashley is skinny because she does that to herself. She loves to be skinny.

Have you notice she weight her food?
Have you heard she admitted she sometimes skip breakfast, then have a smoothie for lunch, and a small dinner?
Have you heard she saiying she doesn't put almond milk on her oatmeal, because she already has had almond milk on her coffee?
Have you seen her "smoothies" are literally 2 chunks of mango, 2 chunks of banana, spinach ... the result she gets is half a glass of a smoothie.
Have you heard she saying she tries to have just one almond milk coffee per day cause she know how unhealthy is have lot of almond milk because the sugar?
Have you notice when she usually have those 0 calories sparkling water?
Oh and let's not forget last year Ashley admitted the birth control pill was making her sick to the point she had to sleep in the bathroom every night. She said she lost a lot of weight cause she wasn't either and food made her nauseous.

I mean, she is not making any effort to gain weight, because she doesn't want to gain weight. She likes her skinny body. And that's fine. Is great you love your body Ashley, but don't make whole videos telling how hard is for you to gain weight or how insecure you are about your body,
Agree.100%.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:43 am

Is she attending any NYFW shows at all?

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm

dissolved wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:43 am
Is she attending any NYFW shows at all?
She doesn't know anyone in the industry. I bet she thinks she doesn't need to, cause she is too much for brands :D

I think every year she gets invited to a very random party (never to a high designer show). And I bet the events are so bland and poor, that she neevr vlogs (or hardly vlog) and ended up filming an "Get Ready" and "Get UnReady" with me :D :D :D

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:15 pm

She has been invited to go to a random show with Olay- a brand I have never heard her speak about, but she supposedly “loves”. Yeah sure. It seems very silly to me to live in NYC and claim to love fashion, yet don’t even bother to try to go to shows. I also saw her silly IG video making fun of herself as to why she isn’t attending- reading up on GG instead Ash? ;) Gosh, it’s embarrassing that I used to watch this girl. Such a cringe fest and lack of self awareness!

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:27 am

dissolved wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:15 pm
She has been invited to go to a random show with Olay- a brand I have never heard her speak about, but she supposedly “loves”. Yeah sure. It seems very silly to me to live in NYC and claim to love fashion, yet don’t even bother to try to go to shows. I also saw her silly IG video making fun of herself as to why she isn’t attending- reading up on GG instead Ash? ;) Gosh, it’s embarrassing that I used to watch this girl. Such a cringe fest and lack of self awareness!
I dont follow her on IG anymore either. Wow, she explained why she is not attending NYFW? Lately she has become so obssesed with justify herself. That video of the "5 items for $400" was OTT!. Since then she does nothing but explain every little move she takes.

Fashion-wise she really has lost it. So I don't know what is next for her. Maybe lifestyle-financial-inspirational-guru? As she thinks she has reached all her financial goals just cause she lives in NY.

hb2019
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hb2019 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:56 pm

On top of justifying her decisions she's now polling for what images her followers like better (selfie or street photo shoots). I'm so confused as to what she's trying to accomplish. Every decision looks and feels like she's trying to make everyone happy when in turn it's making everyone less happy. The engagement (especially on the LBH FB) is going down drastically. On her last FB live she claimed "I lost a few people, but not really. I really didn't loose any people." during her content changes. I beg to differ. At least from my perspective, I don't feel welcome to engage with any of her content. The "rules" are ridiculous. Curious to see how this plays out.

susan_1981
Learner
Learner

Post by susan_1981 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:32 am

I started watching Ashley from the very early days. I've always found her videos pretty dull. No idea why, but they kind of remind me of those days stuck indoors as a child because it's pouring with rain outside and there's nothing to do, but I did like her style which is I watched her. I had a long break from watching her videos, no particular reason why (maybe cos I find them slightly depressing), but having just gone back to her channel, I see she's gone all 'YouTube' and it's even more dull!!! I think she needs to liven it up a bit. Just dull, dull, dull. Don't even really like her style anymore.

marchfav
Learner
Learner

Post by marchfav » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:09 am

A few things I noticed about her business lately: She recently showed Ryan working at their dinner table at home, so it seems they're not really using their office space. They probably just need a business address. In her recent Facebook Live she said she's not linking products in her magazine anymore because it shouldn't be about buying stuff. She also mentioned that the person doing her email marketing has left. It's pretty clear that they don't have employees anymore and she doesn't want to bother searching for the links herself and that's also why they don't go to the office.

The magazine was probably doing really well a year ago and they started hiring people and investing and upgrading their living situation (multiple times) to the point where they started living above their means. And at some point the hype around the magazine and community started to slow down and they had to downsize drastically. I wish they would be transparent about their situation. They always say that they're transparent and talk about their mistakes but they're obviously struggling and trying to hide it. That and the fact that Ashley keeps saying she likes constructive feedback yet she is so passive-aggressive when she actually receives criticism annoys me the most about her.

hb2019
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hb2019 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:57 pm

marchfav wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:09 am
A few things I noticed about her business lately: She recently showed Ryan working at their dinner table at home, so it seems they're not really using their office space. They probably just need a business address. In her recent Facebook Live she said she's not linking products in her magazine anymore because it shouldn't be about buying stuff. She also mentioned that the person doing her email marketing has left. It's pretty clear that they don't have employees anymore and she doesn't want to bother searching for the links herself and that's also why they don't go to the office.

The magazine was probably doing really well a year ago and they started hiring people and investing and upgrading their living situation (multiple times) to the point where they started living above their means. And at some point the hype around the magazine and community started to slow down and they had to downsize drastically. I wish they would be transparent about their situation. They always say that they're transparent and talk about their mistakes but they're obviously struggling and trying to hide it. That and the fact that Ashley keeps saying she likes constructive feedback yet she is so passive-aggressive when she actually receives criticism annoys me the most about her.
This is a really great observation! I almost wonder if her sudden desire to go back to Texas is because the money isn't coming in. Running a business is difficult so I can't blame her for wanting out (if that's truly what she wants), but I'm sensing some weirdness behind the scenes.

I agree the magazine did appear to be doing well a year ago. I could tell Ashley still had a passion for it. Her videos had different energy of excitement. It does appear the high was short lived and they tried to live a much bigger lifestyle too quickly. While the money might not be coming in (total speculation), they are continually going to movies and dinners, shopping at Whole Foods and farmers markets. There's a large disconnect between what they are trying to advertise as their life and what I think the situation actually is. Again, this is all speculation.

I much rather see someone be honest about their struggles and be real with the community rather than try to cover it up. I think sometimes influencers forget that being genuine is truly attractive. It's what drew people in in the first place.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Did anyone see in her stories last week that she was talking about how she's working out at home a lot? She said her and Ryan are looking for new gyms and how there's NO GOOD GYMS AROUND THEIR APARTMENT but literally the vlog before that she was bitching about her neighbors and them working out at home. She was like "just go to the gym, it's not that hard" in her vlog and then a week later "I moved months ago and have been working out at home this whole time"

Biggest eye roll ever! Haven't watched any of her vids since then.

Also what you guys said about her business/money and that being part of the reason she wants to move to Tx makes so much sense.

I remember her explaining why everything didn't work out with her fashion line either and I'm sure that was a big part of her *NYC dream lyf*

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Im so tired of those clickbait titles. Last week vlog was titled: "NYC LOFT BEDROOM MAKEOVER". They just changed their bed. THAT'S IT!!!! No "makeover".

She went with her usual "I made a mistake, but no I didn't". Everything went wrong on what she wanted to achive on that vlog cause she had a lot of things she wanted to do. As always, she didn't get to do what she said. So at the end she just said something like "my advice is that you shouldn't aim to re-decorate all in one weekend. But take your time. And so one thing at a time"... She never admits she fails miserable on achiving something.

Everytime I see her vlogs, reminds me when she took the challenge of spending $80 on 5 items. And she spent $400 cause she thought the challenge was to spend $80 dollars on each. :roll: She made a whole video and repeated InstaStories telling she wasn't wrong. That people understood wrong. Everyone else was wrong but her :roll:

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm

hb2019 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:57 pm
marchfav wrote:

This is a really great observation! I almost wonder if her sudden desire to go back to Texas is because the money isn't coming in. Running a business is difficult so I can't blame her for wanting out (if that's truly what she wants), but I'm sensing some weirdness behind the scenes.

I agree the magazine did appear to be doing well a year ago. I could tell Ashley still had a passion for it. Her videos had different energy of excitement. It does appear the high was short lived and they tried to live a much bigger lifestyle too quickly. While the money might not be coming in (total speculation), they are continually going to movies and dinners, shopping at Whole Foods and farmers markets. There's a large disconnect between what they are trying to advertise as their life and what I think the situation actually is. Again, this is all speculation.

I much rather see someone be honest about their struggles and be real with the community rather than try to cover it up. I think sometimes influencers forget that being genuine is truly attractive. It's what drew people in in the first place.
Agree.

But as you see on her vlogs Ashley never admits she is wrong. I think it all started with the clothes line. I think they spent a HUGE ammount of money on that. But when you see the video they confessed the clothes line was't going to happen, even there she didn't admit she made a huge mistake.

As per my post above, when she spent $400 on 5 items cause she got wrong with the "5 items under $80 challenge" she refussed to admit she was wrong. She made another video and clarified people was wrong, not her.

Last year she confessed she lost a lot of weight cause a birth control pill was making her ill. She never admitted that during all the period everyone asked her why she was so thin. She always said she had a hard time gaining weight just because. She said she ate a lot.

Another speculation from me, is that Ashley doesn't like the apartment they chose. But she pretends she likes it.

YouTubbers become so fake that to me that's when I lose interest on them.

pumpkinpie2
Debater
Debater

Post by pumpkinpie2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:09 am

I think Ashley would have done really well if she had stayed in corporate fashion. She definitely would have been in some type of management position by now. These failing businesses seem to be mainly driven by her deadbeat boyfriend and his desire to appear entrepreneurial. He just doesn't want to work. She's gotta get out.

marchfav
Learner
Learner

Post by marchfav » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:35 am

lizzy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm
hb2019 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:57 pm
marchfav wrote:

Agree.

But as you see on her vlogs Ashley never admits she is wrong. I think it all started with the clothes line. I think they spent a HUGE ammount of money on that. But when you see the video they confessed the clothes line was't going to happen, even there she didn't admit she made a huge mistake.

As per my post above, when she spent $400 on 5 items cause she got wrong with the "5 items under $80 challenge" she refussed to admit she was wrong. She made another video and clarified people was wrong, not her.

Last year she confessed she lost a lot of weight cause a birth control pill was making her ill. She never admitted that during all the period everyone asked her why she was so thin. She always said she had a hard time gaining weight just because. She said she ate a lot.

Another speculation from me, is that Ashley doesn't like the apartment they chose. But she pretends she likes it.

YouTubbers become so fake that to me that's when I lose interest on them.
Yeah it's so obvious that she hates the apartment. I would too if I had been living in luxury high rise buildings for years. Looking back, their apartment hunting series was absolutely fake. They were looking at apartments that were probably double the rent than what they're paying now. The series was probably just for Youtube views.

As for the gym situation: She lives in the financial district, there are plenty of gyms but apparently none she can afford right now. Which again is totally fine, just don't show us that fake lifestyle when it's not your reality. She mentioned in her recent video that they're staying in Texas for a month this winter. I wonder if they'll be renting out their apartment on Airbnb for some extra money.

hb2019
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hb2019 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:14 pm

pumpkinpie2 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:09 am
I think Ashley would have done really well if she had stayed in corporate fashion. She definitely would have been in some type of management position by now. These failing businesses seem to be mainly driven by her deadbeat boyfriend and his desire to appear entrepreneurial. He just doesn't want to work. She's gotta get out.
Agreed!!! I've always found him a bit strange. He reminds me of young guys who get out of college and think they're going to be a rich tech guy or something. I also don't understand what he does for work. It's also strange that they don't publicize it. If he was truly successful we'd know about it. Just because someone reads all the books and listens to all the podcasts doesn't mean it'll get you anywhere.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm

hb2019 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:14 pm
pumpkinpie2 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:09 am
Agreed!!! I've always found him a bit strange. He reminds me of young guys who get out of college and think they're going to be a rich tech guy or something. I also don't understand what he does for work. It's also strange that they don't publicize it. If he was truly successful we'd know about it. Just because someone reads all the books and listens to all the podcasts doesn't mean it'll get you anywhere.
Exactly...has anyone ever checked out his website? It literally had like nothing on it and didn't make any sense. It was basically like a bare webpage with no information except "reediculous" or whatever the business is called. I'm super interested to hear what you all think about it. Link: http://reediculous.me/

I agree though, it's like he's the human version of "entrepreneur starter pack" and just doesn't have the business to back it up? I understand private client information and what not but they give NO details about it, he has almost the same schedule as Ashley and the only times he's 'gone' in her vlogs is to go to the gym...

Something just doesn't add up! They've also never been to an event on his behalf or anything except for those weird yearly vacations but that just seems like people getting together every year instead of an actual entrepreneurial summit. They mentioned they all pay for it on their own and just talk about business while having a vacation??

pumpkinpie2
Debater
Debater

Post by pumpkinpie2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:34 pm

bertinabox wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm
Exactly...has anyone ever checked out his website? It literally had like nothing on it and didn't make any sense. It was basically like a bare webpage with no information except "reediculous" or whatever the business is called. I'm super interested to hear what you all think about it. Link: http://reediculous.me/

I agree though, it's like he's the human version of "entrepreneur starter pack" and just doesn't have the business to back it up? I understand private client information and what not but they give NO details about it, he has almost the same schedule as Ashley and the only times he's 'gone' in her vlogs is to go to the gym...

Something just doesn't add up! They've also never been to an event on his behalf or anything except for those weird yearly vacations but that just seems like people getting together every year instead of an actual entrepreneurial summit. They mentioned they all pay for it on their own and just talk about business while having a vacation??
Lol yes, I have looked at the website! It's basically just a bunch of marketing buzzwords thrown together. I also found three typos in skimming it just now.

He doesn't work. They mentioned in a video a year or two ago that he works on this company like twice a week and spends the rest working on Ashley's stuff. If you can manage your business working twice a week, you're not successful. He clearly doesn't have clients and is in no rush to engage any.

e_l_t_84
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by e_l_t_84 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:56 am

Hi everyone - long time lurker here

I’ve watched Ashley for a long time and especially enjoyed her ‘How to Style’ videos when they were filmed outside in NY. Lately though, I feel like her passion for those types of videos has gone which is a shame. The videos filmed in her apartment are just not as interesting for me unfortunately and I feel like there isn’t as much effort put into them. Every Sunday she would upload a style video and now her schedule seems a little up and down.

Something just feels disconnected with her at the moment - in her latest video for jeans and a tee, Ashley showed numerous designer vintage handbags - a Dior, a Louis Vuitton and a small cream Chanel, also on another of her videos she has Chanel training shoes - these items have kind of appeared all at once but they’ve not been acknowledged by her (unless they have in vlogs that I’ve missed), not that she has to share every single thing with her viewers but surely she knows that we are going to be interested in such items and will ask about them?

I hope she gets her enthusiasm back soon as I really enjoyed her content but recently feel it’s just not as good as it once was. Maybe they are both done with living in NY, again I know vlogs are only a snippet but you don’t see them interacting with anyone other than the staff they employ (who appear to have disappeared) and they always used to be out and about in the city - that seems to have stopped also, unless they’re just not vlogging it - but that is such good content?

I think they are going to move back to Texas soon.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 am

e_l_t_84 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:56 am
Hi everyone - long time lurker here

I’ve watched Ashley for a long time and especially enjoyed her ‘How to Style’ videos when they were filmed outside in NY. Lately though, I feel like her passion for those types of videos has gone which is a shame. The videos filmed in her apartment are just not as interesting for me unfortunately and I feel like there isn’t as much effort put into them. Every Sunday she would upload a style video and now her schedule seems a little up and down.

Something just feels disconnected with her at the moment - in her latest video for jeans and a tee, Ashley showed numerous designer vintage handbags - a Dior, a Louis Vuitton and a small cream Chanel, also on another of her videos she has Chanel training shoes - these items have kind of appeared all at once but they’ve not been acknowledged by her (unless they have in vlogs that I’ve missed), not that she has to share every single thing with her viewers but surely she knows that we are going to be interested in such items and will ask about them?

I hope she gets her enthusiasm back soon as I really enjoyed her content but recently feel it’s just not as good as it once was. Maybe they are both done with living in NY, again I know vlogs are only a snippet but you don’t see them interacting with anyone other than the staff they employ (who appear to have disappeared) and they always used to be out and about in the city - that seems to have stopped also, unless they’re just not vlogging it - but that is such good content?

I think they are going to move back to Texas soon.
I don't think Ryan would let Ashley moves back to Texas. Ryan seems to love live in NY (spending Ashley's earnings of course). Ashley would love to be with her family, but Ryan also seems to enjoy getting all Ashley's attention.

I also wonder about their staff. There was a period of time last year I think, where they filmed more about how they work during week days and was much more interesting. I think they have a junior intern. And I think Blade now works as outsourcing. I read on his Instagram he wanted to move to LA, might be his partner lives there (dunno). But I have the feeling Ashley relied too much on Jena and Blade and she doesn't know how to come back to get her thing together.

hb2019
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hb2019 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 am

Has anyone seen Ryan and Ashley's Instagram stories the last few days? Ashley looks miserable! The stories are the two of them making food or walking around the city randomly. Also, Ryan is posting a lot of stories which I feel like is unusual. He's got an extra pompous vibe too. And they are responding to each other via stories to basically get you to both of their profiles. Is this some last effort to get engagement? I don't know.

Random question, do any of you think their is a possibility they will end things? Is their relationship the reason things are going sour?

SunnyBunny
Learner
Learner

Post by SunnyBunny » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:52 pm

hb2019 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 am
Random question, do any of you think their is a possibility they will end things? Is their relationship the reason things are going sour?
Nah, I think they'd rather die than separate, 'cause their relationship is kinda a huge part of their "brand" and personas, i.e. two successful (lol), woke entrepreneurs living in NY 😂

cocobear1010
Informer
Informer

Post by cocobear1010 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:25 pm

pumpkinpie2 wrote:I think Ashley would have done really well if she had stayed in corporate fashion. She definitely would have been in some type of management position by now. These failing businesses seem to be mainly driven by her deadbeat boyfriend and his desire to appear entrepreneurial. He just doesn't want to work. She's gotta get out.
I have to agree. I worked in corporate fashion in Dallas, TX for over 6 years and moved up quickly to a junior level. It’s very competitive, but I think her attitude would’ve been perfect for it. I got out about 5 years ago to start a family. I learned that it wasn’t for me. Luckily I still work in fashion, but I do it all from home and I couldn’t be happier with my career.

Maybe she realized she wasn’t fit to be competitive for the positions she wanted. But I think by now, she could’ve been a senior level maybe even a buyer. Especially since she’s in nyc. The opportunities for those jobs there are endless. Plus if she still continued doing strictly fashion on YouTube and IG? She’d be killing it! But no lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:59 pm

So tired to see her style those oversized clothes. I mean, what is this:

SunnyBunny
Learner
Learner

Post by SunnyBunny » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:02 am

lizzy wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:59 pm
So tired to see her style those oversized clothes. I mean, what is this:

I hate those ugly red boots more than the parachute clothes she tends to wear 😂😂😂 The vintage brown Saint Laurant (?) boots were no prettier imo.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”