Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by lizzy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:06 am

pumpkinpie2 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:17 am
Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:21 am
Obviously with the apartment downgrade and all the clickbait she has either plateaued or is declining. Her content just feels like a combination of bored and desperate.
Her video view numbers are in the same ranges they were this time last year. She also never is invited on brand trips and her sponsorships are normally unknown companies.

I've always found this super weird because she uploads consistently and puts effort into her work. She also comes off more professionally than most YouTubers. And she lives in NYC, meaning she could really work with any brand in the industry. I have no idea why she hasn't had more success.
I actually like she is not invited to those Influencers trips. Cause I find quite boring now those trips vlogs on ppl pretending to be friends and promoting things they don't actually use. I like her lifestyle videos. I hope she gain more subscribers just cause I find her channel is quite good.

I think they lost a lot of money with the clothe line that didn't happen. I also think she spends long of time on the magazine and probably travelling is not easy if she had that deadline with the magazine.

By the way, does anyone know what adventage is for her to allow subscriptions only 2 days per month?. Why doesn't she allow people to subscribe whenever they want?.

cocobear1010
Informer
Informer

Post by cocobear1010 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:41 pm

lizzy wrote:
pumpkinpie2 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:17 am
Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:21 am
Obviously with the apartment downgrade and all the clickbait she has either plateaued or is declining. Her content just feels like a combination of bored and desperate.
Her video view numbers are in the same ranges they were this time last year. She also never is invited on brand trips and her sponsorships are normally unknown companies.

I've always found this super weird because she uploads consistently and puts effort into her work. She also comes off more professionally than most YouTubers. And she lives in NYC, meaning she could really work with any brand in the industry. I have no idea why she hasn't had more success.
I actually like she is not invited to those Influencers trips. Cause I find quite boring now those trips vlogs on ppl pretending to be friends and promoting things they don't actually use. I like her lifestyle videos. I hope she gain more subscribers just cause I find her channel is quite good.

I think they lost a lot of money with the clothe line that didn't happen. I also think she spends long of time on the magazine and probably travelling is not easy if she had that deadline with the magazine.

By the way, does anyone know what adventage is for her to allow subscriptions only 2 days per month?. Why doesn't she allow people to subscribe whenever they want?.
That was only for a few months. She’s done with that now. Subscriptions are now open everyday!

I like her channel too. I hope she stays somewhat down to earth. I do wish she’d wear less crop tops - not relatable ImageImage esp in my world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:37 pm

In NYC it is all about who you know and I'm sure there are very valod reasons why she is snubbed.

cocobear1010
Informer
Informer

Post by cocobear1010 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:57 am

I wonder if her next video is going to address the few ppl that didn’t like the “inspirational” aspect of her last vlog?

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:39 am

cocobear1010 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:57 am
I wonder if her next video is going to address the few ppl that didn’t like the “inspirational” aspect of her last vlog?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: this will cause another self righteous outburst I'm sure, how dare we question her (and Ryan's probably more so) marketing strategy? The conclusion will still be very much the same, though.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:34 am

No (inspirational) videos since last week cause Blade (the editor) is on holiday. As people is quite impressed with the edition on her videos, now she can't post a video without Blade.

With the latest videos on $400 shopping (for 5 items). Then a $400 hair dissaster. Im curious to know how she spent $400 on the new video.

cocobear1010
Informer
Informer

Post by cocobear1010 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:24 am

Are they still alive??

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:09 am

cocobear1010 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:24 am
Are they still alive??

I know right?. She hasn't posted a video cause the editor was on holiday. Is not that good to depend on other people for your business.

Then she got her magazine event, I saw on Instagram they filmed and probably that would be the next vlog. Im curious to know if the people that was on their apartment the other day were magazine subscribers. How weird if so.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm

I listened to Casey’s podcast randomly and he was discussing his wife starting a YouTube channel and how she didn’t have time to edit and would be happy to hire someone to do it- while I don’t agree or endorse him in any way, he did raise a valid point. He told her that if someone was gonna edit her videos it would be pointless, because the way SHE would want her story to be told would be lost- regardless of how talented her video editor was. This got me thinking not just about Ashley but about all my once favourite youtubers who hired staff and lost contact with their audience/their content didn’t feel honest anymore. I think she might be unhappy with her content and can’t put a finger on it cause she isn’t the one creating it and putting it together. You can’t fix it if you don’t work at it.

On a side note, all this bullshit about working hard, running your own business, COUNTLESS agendas- your editor is on holiday and you don’t post for a week straight? That’s just pathetic. Either actually schedule a video and pre record to have it ready, or edit it yourself. Goes to show that neither of them know what they’re talking about when they’re preaching about entrepreneurial topics.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:23 pm

dissolved wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm
I listened to Casey’s podcast randomly and he was discussing his wife starting a YouTube channel and how she didn’t have time to edit and would be happy to hire someone to do it- while I don’t agree or endorse him in any way, he did raise a valid point. He told her that if someone was gonna edit her videos it would be pointless, because the way SHE would want her story to be told would be lost- regardless of how talented her video editor was. This got me thinking not just about Ashley but about all my once favourite youtubers who hired staff and lost contact with their audience/their content didn’t feel honest anymore. I think she might be unhappy with her content and can’t put a finger on it cause she isn’t the one creating it and putting it together. You can’t fix it if you don’t work at it.
Interesting. And agree with it. Many YouTubbers don't edit their videos. And some are obvious don't watch until go live (if so). Indeed, what are they trying to express?
dissolved wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm
On a side note, all this bullshit about working hard, running your own business, COUNTLESS agendas- your editor is on holiday and you don’t post for a week straight? That’s just pathetic. Either actually schedule a video and pre record to have it ready, or edit it yourself. Goes to show that neither of them know what they’re talking about when they’re preaching about entrepreneurial topics.
I wonder what would she do if/when Blade quits?. I bet she would make a whole video speach on how you have to go back to your roots and keep it real and wouldn't be nice edits on her videos anymore. Cause she realised she wasn't 'truth to herlsef' (idea inspired by GG) :D :D

They always have time to binge on Netflix series. Make some time to post a video!

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:31 am

Does anyone know if Blade is @blxyde on Instagram?. I don't know why I thought Blade was someone Ashley hired (like his employee) but if is this the same guy he seems to have a good portfolio and of course is not exclusive to Ashley's work.

I wonder if Blade gets more and better paid jobs and Ashley's work is comming to the bottom of his list. Blade was on holiday and came back probably to find a lot of more important jobs to do and Ashley's videos have had to wait.

aishpabo
Debater
Debater

Post by aishpabo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:38 pm

lizzy wrote:Does anyone know if Blade is @blxyde on Instagram?. I don't know why I thought Blade was someone Ashley hired (like his employee) but if is this the same guy he seems to have a good portfolio and of course is not exclusive to Ashley's work.

I wonder if Blade gets more and better paid jobs and Ashley's work is comming to the bottom of his list. Blade was on holiday and came back probably to find a lot of more important jobs to do and Ashley's videos have had to wait.
yep that's him! he has a really good portfolio and work with really good companies! i bet he sees ashley's vids as the consistent income aside from all the bigger projects he takes

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:32 am

On the latest vlog "A MESSAGE FOR WOMEN".

Edit, on point!. Well done Blade!! Loved the edit and can't say anything bad about it. I think is the only reason why I watch her vlogs.

On the title, "a message for women"? the only message I got was that she was too tired. I saw the video yesterday and I just remember how many times she complained on being tired.

I don't know why she was tried about?. An "event" she was supposed to be planning for a long time now, and was sponsored and organized by ASOS. They just had to go to the boxing place and that was "the event". Everyone got a bag of goddies, sponsored and created by ASOS. She even had no idea what was on the goodies bag when was asked. Then they met for brunch... Probably just had to make the reservations on the restaurant. Then she had some of the people at her apartment, and she literally get out that same day to buy alcohol and she said they ordered cupcakes.

So again, what was she so tired about?. Last year (or the year before) she organised the goodies bags with Lena. They baked cookies and did much more than she did this year. :roll:

The girls she had at her apartment. Aren't she concerned on get random fans on her apartment?. She thinks because someone pays her $60 dollars to get her magazine, then inmediatly become her friend.

And let's go with her talking which is always endless :roll: :roll:

She kept mentioned "how incredible is the community she have built. All these girls from different backgrounds..." :roll: :roll: :roll: Madame, that's NOT A COMMUNITY OF DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS!! The girls on these event were just a bunch of (7-10?) girls that lives in NYC (or close to it) and pays you $60 dollars per year and also can afford pays you money to assist that event (don't know how much it costed. Maybe $400 :rofl: ).

She also mentioned how cool was to be out of their comfort zone and being together with people you don't know in real life... You were on a boxing class!! When you assist to arobic, spinning, boxing classes, you don't have to be best friend forever with people!.
Also, the event was a meet-up!. Of course people don't know each other! Is a meet-up!! That's what these events are for.

This woman really should interact more with people.

Oh and at one point she mentioned there hasn't been a video cause she has been too busy with the event (still can't tell how). Didn't you said on Instagram that won't be videos because your editor (Blade) was on holiday???? You need to remember your lies Madame.

Maybe the message for women on this video was "Pay me $60 dollars, and then you can sit with us!"

kmk23
Learner
Learner

Post by kmk23 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:58 pm

lizzy wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:32 am

The girls she had at her apartment. Aren't she concerned on get random fans on her apartment?. She thinks because someone pays her $60 dollars to get her magazine, then inmediatly become her friend.

those were just the "mod squad" - the people she has moderate and manage the life by her facebook page. she still had never met most of them before (i think she only met Misty prior) and she had them over after the event.

also can someone watch her new hour long video and give us a recap so we don't have to watch :rofl:

Penelope
Learner
Learner

Post by Penelope » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 pm

GD ashley is such a fraud. that joke of an hour long video she made hurts my head. Sustainable lifestyle? she endorses clothes from zara, forever 21 and other huge fast fashion brands. Not to mention that she uses makeup from from brands that are notorious for being a huge contributors to landfills. Then she makes this stupid comment about people throwing the fast food trash out their windows in the 90s and that was the "normal thing to do". what the hell Ashley! Seriously?!? That was not a "normal" thing to do. i feel like shes visiting planet earth for the first time, watched three sitcoms prepping herself to be human and spout nonsense on her platorm

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:46 am

Penelope wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 pm
GD ashley is such a fraud. that joke of an hour long video she made hurts my head. Sustainable lifestyle? she endorses clothes from zara, forever 21 and other huge fast fashion brands. Not to mention that she uses makeup from from brands that are notorious for being a huge contributors to landfills. Then she makes this stupid comment about people throwing the fast food trash out their windows in the 90s and that was the "normal thing to do". what the hell Ashley! Seriously?!? That was not a "normal" thing to do. i feel like shes visiting planet earth for the first time, watched three sitcoms prepping herself to be human and spout nonsense on her platorm
All influencers are doing these "Sustainable lifestyle" video lately. But they are the worst example of sustinable lifestyle. Almost daily they post "swipe to buy my outfit".

I haven't seen the video yet, but saw on her Instagram someone posted this:

Second hand clothes? are you serious? Ashley NEVER promotes second hand clothes shopping. :roll: :roll: God, people see what they want to see do they?.

Penelope
Learner
Learner

Post by Penelope » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:30 am

lizzy wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:46 am
Penelope wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 pm
All influencers are doing these "Sustainable lifestyle" video lately. But they are the worst example of sustinable lifestyle. Almost daily they post "swipe to buy my outfit".

I haven't seen the video yet, but saw on her Instagram someone posted this:

Second hand clothes? are you serious? Ashley NEVER promotes second hand clothes shopping. :roll: :roll: God, people see what they want to see do they?.
l.o.l second hand? haha ok. remember when she "challenged" herself to buy 5 things for $400? that would have been a great video to promote sustainability and hit up NYC thrift stores to actually buy 5 under $80.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:56 pm

Oh my, I tried to watch that vlog. But she rambles so much trying to sound smart that is annoying and frustrating spent 5 minutes (let alone 1 hour) listening to her.

Ashley always have those "projects" and she stick to them like for just a few weeks. I remember once they talked about making groceries with a limited budget and I thought they were going to start to promote that lifestyle to be smart with your money. Something that I found cool on them being a young couple living in NY... Then she spent $400 on 5 items :roll:

I think she made that "now Im going to shop more responsibly" video, cause they have spent so much money lately that she can't afford keep spending $400 on 5 items, $400 on her hair and so on.

That, or she is trying to announce that there weren't be more affordable items on her YT channel/Instagram. But instead she will buy expensive items cause is "smart" to buy expensive items that last a lot. (I know this is true, but Influencers get to the ridiculous point to buy the latest Dior bag, the latest Dior shoes, ... then again the latest Dior bag, and the latest Dior shoes... and go to this endless luxury shopping/promoting).

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:01 pm

I really liked the last vlog (Sunday Routine). It reminds me to her old vlogs. I liked:
- The lack of "Inspirational-Boring" talk (there was some at beggining but wasn't that bad or that long).
- I liked the non-clickbait title.
- She presented well the sponsored product. It was actually related with the way they usually eat.

That's it. The content in general was good and real. Hope she keep up these kind of vlogs.

bertinabox
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bertinabox » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:58 pm

Omg, that sustainability vlog drove me crazy!! I normally love Ashley and find her vlogs comforting compared to a lot of LA YouTubers who are all about pranks / outrageous things.

But omg, this woman is 35, lives in one of the most progressive cities in the world, and it's 2019, and she's acting like she just heard about recycling?? I could barely make it a few minutes into that god-awful vlog. I just don't understand how she has never supported second-hand clothing or even any sort of conscious consumption and yet she expects us to praise her for figuring out what most people know by the time they're 10?? Like am I missing something cause that shit made her SO UNRELATABLE.

There are sooo many people I follow that live in NYC that talk about lowering plastic use overall, single-use plastic, only go second-hand shopping, only use cruelty-free makeup....like it's not that hard? We all have Google, sorry but I'm not gonna fawn over you for literally just learning the most basic things about our world.

Also, does it annoy anyone else that she always posts stories on Instagram about how she's "trying to edit" but we ALL KNOW THAT BLADE EDITS EVERYTHING?? Wtf? That was also super disingenuous.

Last thing is just how much her relationship and Ryan drives me crazy D: I know that's been talked about on here before but how does she not realize how one-sided her relationship is in terms of domestic work? They both work, she brings in so many of the sponsorships (which they already disclosed is the main source of their income) AND she has to cook and do all the cleaning and organizing and decorating? I've literally never seen a more useless manchild in my life.

Omg, this has been pent up and I feel so much better now lmao.

Penelope
Learner
Learner

Post by Penelope » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:08 am

I have to say that the editing in Ashleys videos is really good. i know we all have blade to thank for that. But that was a solid creative choice. this new video she made about sunday routines was long winded. she spent 4 minutes talking about morning routines. She talks a lot of nonsense.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:51 am

bertinabox wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:58 pm
Omg, that sustainability vlog drove me crazy!! I normally love Ashley and find her vlogs comforting compared to a lot of LA YouTubers who are all about pranks / outrageous things.

But omg, this woman is 35, lives in one of the most progressive cities in the world, and it's 2019, and she's acting like she just heard about recycling?? I could barely make it a few minutes into that god-awful vlog. I just don't understand how she has never supported second-hand clothing or even any sort of conscious consumption and yet she expects us to praise her for figuring out what most people know by the time they're 10?? Like am I missing something cause that shit made her SO UNRELATABLE.

There are sooo many people I follow that live in NYC that talk about lowering plastic use overall, single-use plastic, only go second-hand shopping, only use cruelty-free makeup....like it's not that hard? We all have Google, sorry but I'm not gonna fawn over you for literally just learning the most basic things about our world.
I can't give my opinion on the sustainability vlog cause I have tried to watch and have to skip the parts she rambles, and then find myself on the end of the video. Skipping the entire hour. I just saw at the end a bit where she was showing a Zara haul and I was like 'What the?...' :?

So my conclusion was that she went to shop the Zara JoinLife collection and sudenly feel she was entitle to make an 1 hour vlog titled "I'VE CHANGED" and talk about sustainability. :roll:

What I find annoying on these YouTubbers talking about sustainability is that they talk and talk but keep promoting the idea of "buy more". They should promote to reduce consumerism in general. But we know Influencers won't earn money if they don't promote consumerism. So in conclusion "Influencers" and Sustainability don't go together. Don't pretend you want to help the planet.

Just on the next vlog she partnered with Daily Harvest. I think the subscriptions for their smoothies is around $45 for 6 smoothies. :roll: Can we talk about how much money you save making 6 smoothies at home? Without mentioning the 6 individual unnecesary packages for a smoothie. Which she tried to remember the term 'sustainability' and clarified they save and re-use the smoothie cups. Yes right Ashley, you said you have your subscription since last year. And you say you make sure you always have them on your fridge and clarified you always have 1 per day and your boyfriends up to 2 per day. So you must have a LOOOT of cups saved... what for?. These are the kind of things that make the whole "sustainability" topic so stupid for an "influencer" to even discuss.
bertinabox wrote:
Also, does it annoy anyone else that she always posts stories on Instagram about how she's "trying to edit" but we ALL KNOW THAT BLADE EDITS EVERYTHING?? Wtf? That was also super disingenuous.
Yes, or when she says "Im going to work". We know her work on the videos is crop the footage. And must pass the info to Blade on her outfits. I bet she pass him a doc saying on minute X her outfit details are... I think that would take her less than an hour. But yes, she always announce in Instagram she is "editing".
bertinabox wrote:
Last thing is just how much her relationship and Ryan drives me crazy D: I know that's been talked about on here before but how does she not realize how one-sided her relationship is in terms of domestic work? They both work, she brings in so many of the sponsorships (which they already disclosed is the main source of their income) AND she has to cook and do all the cleaning and organizing and decorating? I've literally never seen a more useless manchild in my life.
Well, to be honest the part that it doesn't help her to clean the apartment I don't find it that bad. She have said before she just likes and enjoy it. I can identify with her on that. But what I don't like is that he makes fun of her too much. One thing is laugh with your partner, and another one is laugh at your partner. I don't know them in real life, so probably he just make fun of her cause he thinks is funny for the video. Im on my late 30s and don't find funny that teenage-behaviour anymore. Whenever Ryan takes the camera Im like "God, just limit to film". :D

just_reading
Lurker
Lurker

Post by just_reading » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:30 pm

I typically love Ashley vlogs but I'm not sure how I feel about them revolving around a single topic as when she does that she tends to become really preachy/inspirational. Which isn't what I watch her video for, I feel like me unsubscribing is going to happen soon especially when I don't love her fashion content either at this point.

Penelope
Learner
Learner

Post by Penelope » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:53 pm

just_reading wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:30 pm
I typically love Ashley vlogs but I'm not sure how I feel about them revolving around a single topic as when she does that she tends to become really preachy/inspirational. Which isn't what I watch her video for, I feel like me unsubscribing is going to happen soon especially when I don't love her fashion content either at this point.
i dont understand what ashley's channel is about. Does she even know what its about? She does a lot of fashion stuff, but she has terrible fashion sense. She wore a basic black crop top and giant basketball shorts in her most recent vlog for petes sake. when she sits down and talks to the camera, i feel like she hits the same points over and over again. she says something that she thinks is inspirational/motivational but it normally falls flat, she always complains to an extent, she normally attacks her viewers in some way, and she always talks about herself to much. These conversations last a LONG TIME. im watching one and she has been bitching for 10 minutes now. what is the point of this? what is the point of her channel?

just_reading
Lurker
Lurker

Post by just_reading » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:50 pm

Penelope wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:53 pm
just_reading wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:30 pm
i dont understand what ashley's channel is about. Does she even know what its about? She does a lot of fashion stuff, but she has terrible fashion sense. She wore a basic black crop top and giant basketball shorts in her most recent vlog for petes sake. when she sits down and talks to the camera, i feel like she hits the same points over and over again. she says something that she thinks is inspirational/motivational but it normally falls flat, she always complains to an extent, she normally attacks her viewers in some way, and she always talks about herself to much. These conversations last a LONG TIME. im watching one and she has been bitching for 10 minutes now. what is the point of this? what is the point of her channel?
I honestly don't know the point of her channel anymore. After watching her last vlog I can see that I am no longer interested. Before I would at least enjoy her vlogs as background sound as that is typically what I use YouTube for but I don't want to hear the constant preaching. At least before she would go out and vlog nyc a little now I do't know what she is doing. I never really watched her channel for fashion tips as her outfits for office jobs suck and thats how I have dress 5 days out of the week. But before at least she went out more and her vlogs were more than her speaking about some dumb thing she heard for 20 minutes.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”