Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

stuff
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by stuff »

Ashley cannot stand criticism of any kind. Someone did comment the first dress was ugly, which it is. I haven’t checked to see if she responded, or if the comment is still there.

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

She has no clue how to dress for her body type. Which I get is difficult, but a 30 year old woman who considers herself a fashion expert should've figured it out. The shorts and pants she's wearing always look like diapers on her.

Post by Guest »

stuff wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:29 am
Ashley cannot stand criticism of any kind. Someone did comment the first dress was ugly, which it is. I haven’t checked to see if she responded, or if the comment is still there.
It looks like she did delete it. I haven't been watching her videos but I just took a gander in the comments section. Also, Blade is coming to Ashley's defense now in the comments section?!?! Screenshot below.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

Oh my god, how freaking embarrassing when your video editor has to defend your work! They are so out of it I honestly cannot believe that I used to enjoy her vlogs- which one is it Ashley, you're now creating content for the people in the NYC exclusively, while at the same time you're trying to move back to Texas? Also, Blade, you just have to laugh- he's working in the creative industry in NYC, and he's in his early 20s. How much eXpErIeNcE can he possibly have, especially when it comes to dress-code for women in the work place? The title of the video has OFFICE in it, not freelance fashion editor working remotely from Starbucks. Not that people in her industry would even wear the outfits she chooses, as they are hideous as is.
Which is the whole point of everyone's anger- this video is a waste of space, both for people that actually live in a real world and aren't 3% of the population in "digital media", and also for people in fashion, who wouldn't be caught dead wearing a pair of shorts that look like an adult diaper. Nothing about that lookbook is NY, apart from the small town complex of the 3 "creators" involved.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

Is she still going for that sustainable look? Doesn’t seem like it at all. So much for that.

Does Ashley ever finish anything?

murtay
Informer
Informer

Post by murtay »

dissolved wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:33 pm
Oh my god, how freaking embarrassing when your video editor has to defend your work! They are so out of it I honestly cannot believe that I used to enjoy her vlogs- which one is it Ashley, you're now creating content for the people in the NYC exclusively, while at the same time you're trying to move back to Texas? Also, Blade, you just have to laugh- he's working in the creative industry in NYC, and he's in his early 20s. How much eXpErIeNcE can he possibly have, especially when it comes to dress-code for women in the work place? The title of the video has OFFICE in it, not freelance fashion editor working remotely from Starbucks. Not that people in her industry would even wear the outfits she chooses, as they are hideous as is.
Which is the whole point of everyone's anger- this video is a waste of space, both for people that actually live in a real world and aren't 3% of the population in "digital media", and also for people in fashion, who wouldn't be caught dead wearing a pair of shorts that look like an adult diaper. Nothing about that lookbook is NY, apart from the small town complex of the 3 "creators" involved.
and the worst part is that the comment was good, genuine constructive criticism! no reason to jump down someone's neck over. at the very least just ignore and continue to spew out content people don't want

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

dissolved wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:33 pm
Agree. Now Blade is a fashion expert, too? I work in a very casual environment where both suits and dresses as well as denim and sneakers are perfectly fine. I wouldn't wear any of these outfits though. Everything Ashley shows is just ill-fitting. It's not even creative, it's just cheap pieces thrown together. She used to work at Alice & Olivia and Intermix, if I remember correctly? I don't think these outfits would be appropriate in either place so I don't know why she keeps saying that these are the kind of outfits she would wear to work.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

She’s talking about how much she changed since Texas. ZZZZZZZZ.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

stuff wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm
I came here to see if someone watched the latest vlog cause I don't feel like watch. The few seconds on her Instagram makes me think is just too boring to watch. I think her sisters are adorable. But the content of the video looks as boring as expected to be all these vlogs... Interesting content on 2020 maybe?

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

lizzy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:45 pm
stuff wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm
I came here to see if someone watched the latest vlog cause I don't feel like watch. The few seconds on her Instagram makes me think is just too boring to watch. I think her sisters are adorable. But the content of the video looks as boring as expected to be all these vlogs... Interesting content on 2020 maybe?
Watched the vlog, nothing exciting. New hair product sponsorship. I feel like she's been sponsored by every haircare brand in the country now.

She showed some pictures of her from high school. Not meaning to bodyshame, but she didn't look as skinny back then as she is now. Most people I know who are skinny and can't gain weight have been skinny all their life. Which makes me wonder if her whole "I'm so skinny and I can't gain weight" is all fake and she purposefully stays so skinny. For someone who is always claiming that she's trying to gain weight, her portion sizes surely are too small.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

She looked better back then. No Botox or implants.

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

Ashley's family seems really lovely. She's also much more tolerable when Ryan isn't around.

Regardless, these Texas videos are going to be boring as hell, so I guess I'll be tuning out for a while.

Babe_Vogue
Talker
Talker

Post by Babe_Vogue »

I remember the time I couldn’t wait for Ashley to post a new video, now I skip videos or use them as background noise.. Did she really do a tour of a friggin Airbnb? That is kinda weird to me, but I guess that’s the only content she can provide, even when she is traveling. I agree with you ^ she is so much more tolerable when Ryan isn’t around, idk, I have watched her long enough to get the feeling that he is controlling and too serious for her. She could do better since she does seem to tone down her humor and her fun side when he is around. That sucks, honestly. And she never used to complain as much, I wonder if something in her personal life is the reason why all the “surface” things upset her too much. Sorry about the rambling!

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

Travel videos can be fun. Ashley’s are not.

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

Babe_Vogue wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:34 pm
I remember the time I couldn’t wait for Ashley to post a new video, now I skip videos or use them as background noise.. Did she really do a tour of a friggin Airbnb? That is kinda weird to me, but I guess that’s the only content she can provide, even when she is traveling. I agree with you ^ she is so much more tolerable when Ryan isn’t around, idk, I have watched her long enough to get the feeling that he is controlling and too serious for her. She could do better since she does seem to tone down her humor and her fun side when he is around. That sucks, honestly. And she never used to complain as much, I wonder if something in her personal life is the reason why all the “surface” things upset her too much. Sorry about the rambling!
I bet she got that Airbnb for free or at a discount. There is no other reason to do a 10 minute tour. It's boring and not useful for 99% of people.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

More vlogs. More sleepiness.

Justheretospy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Justheretospy »

I use to live watching her videos but omg she is so pretentious that I finally had to unfollow her. She was doing a Q&A in the car & someone asked her why she doesn’t use eco friendly products and she get really upset. She said the lesson here is to not assume. I’m cracking up. THE LESSON HERE? Oh girl shut up. Rolled my eyes & unfollowed

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

No surprise, she’s not doing Vlogmas this year. Probably a good thing.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Haven’t watched her vids or stories in a while but did you see that she posted an H&M haul?? So much for sustainability, and as if she is doing it for economic purposes with all of her designer bs. So bored and over it...

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

bertinabox wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:09 pm
Haven’t watched her vids or stories in a while but did you see that she posted an H&M haul?? So much for sustainability, and as if she is doing it for economic purposes with all of her designer bs. So bored and over it...
The sustainability thing was a way to get quick views. I knew all along she didn’t believe that.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”