Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by Penelope »

just_reading wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:50 pm
Penelope wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:53 pm
just_reading wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:30 pm
I typically love Ashley vlogs but I'm not sure how I feel about them revolving around a single topic as when she does that she tends to become really preachy/inspirational. Which isn't what I watch her video for, I feel like me unsubscribing is going to happen soon especially when I don't love her fashion content either at this point.
i dont understand what ashley's channel is about. Does she even know what its about? She does a lot of fashion stuff, but she has terrible fashion sense. She wore a basic black crop top and giant basketball shorts in her most recent vlog for petes sake. when she sits down and talks to the camera, i feel like she hits the same points over and over again. she says something that she thinks is inspirational/motivational but it normally falls flat, she always complains to an extent, she normally attacks her viewers in some way, and she always talks about herself to much. These conversations last a LONG TIME. im watching one and she has been bitching for 10 minutes now. what is the point of this? what is the point of her channel?
I honestly don't know the point of her channel anymore. After watching her last vlog I can see that I am no longer interested. Before I would at least enjoy her vlogs as background sound as that is typically what I use YouTube for but I don't want to hear the constant preaching. At least before she would go out and vlog nyc a little now I do't know what she is doing. I never really watched her channel for fashion tips as her outfits for office jobs suck and thats how I have dress 5 days out of the week. But before at least she went out more and her vlogs were more than her speaking about some dumb thing she heard for 20 minutes.
oh yea, she lives in NYC. i completly forgot, because she hardly leaves her apartment. It's a lot of sitting around and complaining with her boyfriend.

aishpabo
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by aishpabo »

Can we just petition to have a day in the life of blade instead? I'm more interested in his life than Ashley's apartment? Or gosh even a day in the life of Stella!!! Something more interesting than Ashley blabbing nonsense for 30 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

aishpabo wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:20 pm
Can we just petition to have a day in the life of blade instead? Image I'm more interested in his life than Ashley's apartment? Or gosh even a day in the life of Stella!!! Something more interesting than Ashley blabbing nonsense for 30 mins
Yes!! Poor Blade, have to edit a video of this girl talking and talking non-senses. Rambling non-stop. I wonder why she keeps posting those motivational videos. Is not like she has her life figured out. From all YouTubbers I follow I think she is the less 'stable' girl I follow (probably the oldest as well. how old is she? 33?). She moves flat every year to areas they can hardly afford, she needs to hire a person to edit her videos, she spent God knows how much money on a clothes line that never saw the light, she spends $400 on 5 clothes items :D She wants to move back to Texas cause she misses her family... She is the latest girl in the world I would go for an advice on how to spend money and time.

I see she changed the Vlog's title. When I saw it was "I'M STRESSED!!" :roll: . After an hour or so she changed it to "SPILLING TEA & KICKING A$$" :roll: .

I noticed she recently has more luxury items. Or probably I haven't noticed before?. CHANEL trainers. FENDI bag. Louis Vuitton bag. CRISTIAN DIOR bag.
I remember to like her long time ago cause she didn't rely on luxury items to make an outfit. I assume now she is more 'sustainable' she will choose more luxury brands ;)

Do you think she still pays for the office?. I assume only Blade goes to that office. And Ashley might go on her way to the coffee shop and back home in one hour.

just_reading
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by just_reading »

lizzy wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:26 am
aishpabo wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:20 pm
Can we just petition to have a day in the life of blade instead? Image I'm more interested in his life than Ashley's apartment? Or gosh even a day in the life of Stella!!! Something more interesting than Ashley blabbing nonsense for 30 mins
Yes!! Poor Blade, have to edit a video of this girl talking and talking non-senses. Rambling non-stop. I wonder why she keeps posting those motivational videos. Is not like she has her life figured out. From all YouTubbers I follow I think she is the less 'stable' girl I follow (probably the oldest as well. how old is she? 33?). She moves flat every year to areas they can hardly afford, she needs to hire a person to edit her videos, she spent God knows how much money on a clothes line that never saw the light, she spends $400 on 5 clothes items :D She wants to move back to Texas cause she misses her family... She is the latest girl in the world I would go for an advice on how to spend money and time.

I see she changed the Vlog's title. When I saw it was "I'M STRESSED!!" :roll: . After an hour or so she changed it to "SPILLING TEA & KICKING A$$" :roll: .

I noticed she recently has more luxury items. Or probably I haven't noticed before?. CHANEL trainers. FENDI bag. Louis Vuitton bag. CRISTIAN DIOR bag.
I remember to like her long time ago cause she didn't rely on luxury items to make an outfit. I assume now she is more 'sustainable' she will choose more luxury brands ;)

Do you think she still pays for the office?. I assume only Blade goes to that office. And Ashley might go on her way to the coffee shop and back home in one hour.
She started buying luxury items last year, and I knew after that it was only going to be more frequent. I'm just happy that they have bought cartier bracelets yet.

She doesn't film on the weekdays anymore only the weekends so I am not sure if she is going to the office. As she barely posts on instagram. She has said multiple times that she doesn't want to do youtube forever but none of her other jobs bring in enough revenue.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

Spoiler alert:

There will be a 30 minutes motivational video about how she has accepted her body and how she should accept your too. She will talk on how being skinny is sooooooooo hard for her (regardless how little she eats and how obssesed with food she is).

cocobear1010
Informer
Informer

Post by cocobear1010 »

Oh dear god. Please someone watch it for me. I don’t have time. Post a recap

kmk23
Learner
Learner

Post by kmk23 »

cocobear1010 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:49 pm
Oh dear god. Please someone watch it for me. I don’t have time. Post a recap ImageImage

it was insufferable. you know when she starts with "today's vlog is about DOING THINGS WRONG..." it's going to be a good one. whyYyyyY does each vlog need to have a stupid topic?! she was all concerned that people were going to unfollow her when she went "eco friendly" or whatever, which was just a cry for attention and people to say they would stay, she should be concerned about the unsubs from these stupid topics. she sounds like such an idiot and literally no one wants to hear her blabber on about these common sense things. she also goes on and on about how people ask for her opinion and feedback and she's brutally honest and they don't like it but does she not remember that she argues with everyone that gives HER feedback in her comments?

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

Why she talks so much about that Facebook group? She's so desperate people pay the $60 dollars to enter that Facebook group.

And annoys me so much when she says she have built this community of "strong women". And "hard working women". Ashley, you have not "built" anything. You charge $60 to join that group. We all are working women. We don't need to pay you $60 for that club you call "your community".

She gives too much credit to herself on that Facebook group. When in reality she is just taking advantage of girls that want to be her friend and charging them for her 'friendship'.

The more she promotes that Facebook group then less I like her.

SunnyBunny
Debater
Debater

Post by SunnyBunny »

lizzy wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:51 am
Why she talks so much about that Facebook group? She's so desperate people pay the $60 dollars to enter that Facebook group.

And annoys me so much when she says she have built this community of "strong women". And "hard working women". Ashley, you have not "built" anything. You charge $60 to join that group. We all are working women. We don't need to pay you $60 for that club you call "your community".

She gives too much credit to herself on that Facebook group. When in reality she is just taking advantage of girls that want to be her friend and charging them for her 'friendship'.

That fb "community" is such a joke 😂 I like how she pretends that she gathered, "handpicked" or created, "built" it. Lady, if people pay to join your group, it's not your achievement or something you did 😑 and I like the unintentional notion, that you become a "strong, independent woman" if you join them 😂

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

SunnyBunny wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:03 am
lizzy wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:51 am

That fb "community" is such a joke 😂 I like how she pretends that she gathered, "handpicked" or created, "built" it. Lady, if people pay to join your group, it's not your achievement or something you did 😑 and I like the unintentional notion, that you become a "strong, independent woman" if you join them 😂
Haha, yes! I call it the "You Can't Sit With Us (unless you pay me $60/year) Facebook group".

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

cocobear1010 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:49 pm
Oh dear god. Please someone watch it for me. I don’t have time. Post a recap ImageImage

On minute 33:30 they started their 'inspirational talk'... It was a "Financial" speech

But first things first, Ashley and Ryan got Starbucks coffees. And Ashley had to mention she didn't bring her reusable straw.

You all know they have buget meetings (cause they always say they do) but what you didn't know is that the little things they don't track at the end of the month add up extra and mess their budget. Like coffee runs, groceries, (Ashley spending $400 on just 5 pieces of clothes). They find interesting to see how many dollars those extra things cost...

Ashley said they try to be mindful about money and don't spend money on stupid sh&% Of course, she is aware they live in NY and rent is quite expensive but you know

And then they talked about "People should make an extra effort"

They talked about a girl called Angela, from the "You Can't Sit With Us" Facebook group. She has been member for 3 years (that means she has paid $180 on those 3 years). And she kept contact Ashley so many times telling she wanted to do more on the "You Can't Sit With Us" Facebook group. She then became the moderator. She flew across the country to meet them in NY.
... You know, give them your money now people!! That's making the "extra effort".

That was 10 minutes... Then her camera died (cause after 10 minutes of boring speech we all die...).

Then she talk about the "You Can't Sit With Us" Facebook group. She clarify you can't selfpromote on the "You Can't Sit With Us" Facebook group. If you post someting like "If you follow me, I follow you back" the message is automatically removed. Cause she considere "that's not an organic way to gain a following"

Asking for a follow back according to Ashley "is mostly cheatting". She thinks you are hurting yourself on doing that.

I skipped the rest :D :D

just_reading
Learner
Learner

Post by just_reading »

I'm sorry she's upset in her new vlog because a brand didn't want her to talk about being too skinny. Yes, people may make jokes but you're not discriminated against. Like I'm sorry but at the end of the day a skinny person faces way less ridicule than someone whose plus sized and is wayyyy more accepted in society. And her magazine doesn't include plus sized women at all. Like she is part of the problem. She doesn't even make an effort to have plus sized options in her style videos so sorry I don't feel bad that a brand that advocates for plus size women didn't want her whining about her abs and tiny body.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

So there is this super long video, with the title "I WAS BODY-SHAMED BY A BRAND"

On the description Ashley says she is nervous to post the video. Here is why she was nervous:

Later on the video:

Nervous to post cause as usual, is a CLICKBAIT title. Her videos are so long cause she tries so hard to convience viewers her liars are actually truth.

What was all the video about? She explained she did a video for a campaign and A PERSON that worked on the campaign didn't like that Ashley talked about her body insecurities on the same video that was promoting the campaign product. Because the brand doesn't want to be related with the body image topic.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ashley is so spoiled. Nobody can tell her that they don't like what she says or does cause make a huge drama about. FFS woman. Are you 12!?

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

Also, if that person doesn't like what Ashley was saying in that brand video, that doesn't make it bodyshaming. All the other insecurities her and Ryan mentionend in their dinner talk weren't really big issues either. Girl really needs to check her privilege. I really loved her vibe when I found her two years ago or so, but lately she's gotten so bitter and passive aggressive.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

I have been MIA but her thread keeps popping up here, and oh wow. The last two videos :rofl: :rofl:

Why does she need a theme for vlog? No one wants to listen to you bitch about yet another sTrUGgLe you had this week. I find it incredibly offensive that she went on such a rant defending her "body shaming" experience. You're a healthy human that has made a fortune by looking pretty, give us all a break. You've also had numerous beauty procedures done (boob enhancement especially), so forgive me for not feeling sad for you, versus actual ILL people that struggle with hormones and weight loss. I had no idea she's so ignorant- maybe because she didn't actually speak before in her old vlogs- that has worked out much better for you!

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Last vlog was a shit show. Sucks because I'm a super tiny/petite person and I get shamed for my height or for being too small, esp from relatives and stuff and I agree, it does suck. But she just like...makes herself SUCH a victim that it makes it hard to watch. Like I agree that body shaming any type of body is still rude, but she also asked all her followers to send in information about their insecurities and then mentioned like one or two of them in passing. It would have been different if she really looked at everyones and talked about like insecurity as a whole or something? But she literally said it was by a brand, then said it wasn't the brand and she would continue to work with them/buy their stuff, then said that the one person on the campaign is who had the issue, then she said she was "silenced" by a brand even though she literally was able to make this video on her experience whenever she wanted. Idk, whatever she said also took like 25 minutes and could have been said in a couple of sentences....and yeah the fact that she doesn't make videos on styling or what to pair with what doesn't help either. Like all her 'style' videos are just personal hauls basically so it's like what's the point of talking about inclusivity and then not doing your part?

SunnyBunny
Debater
Debater

Post by SunnyBunny »

Finally got to watch her "body image" video. First of all. What's up with hour-long vlogs? Who has the time?! Because I don't. I did watch it in double speed to save time, but, girl, not everyone has no life and can listen to repetitive rants for an hour. I would totally understand if she crammed a week's worth of video material into a single video, but it was just two days. TWO DAYS. Two days of talking about nothing.
Second of all. Bodyshamed? By a single person, oh, I'm sorry, A bRaNd? I totally agree with the comments above. The amount of clickbait is epic.
Third. If both she and Ryan were "bullied" in school and college, then why did they find it funny and ok that Ryan was teasing a guy who hit on Ashley on insta? Yes, guys hitting on girls is one of the ugliest aspects of social media, but. If you were teased/bullied in school, you know how uncomfortable and hurtful it is. You would never find it ok to do that to another person. Whatever the motives or reasons behind it. Just ignore the guy and that's it. Ok, cut him off/block, if he's crossing the line. Easy peasy.

constantdisbelief
Lurker
Lurker

Post by constantdisbelief »

I literally made this account specifically because I used to love Ashley and I miss her old videos...and, I finally decided to do some digging because I've resisted for so long the idea that she is getting lip fillers and straight lying about it "No, I got lip fillers once in college..." every time someone asks smh. And I finally dug through her grandma's Facebook and wow she looked so much better before all the injections.
1617177_645425438852182_1607357096_o.jpg
219551_165680720159992_7885830_o.jpg
vs.
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 10.38.00 PM.png
I hated how she handled the boob job too. Like, her content is (was...used to be? haha) fashion. It's all about her body. How she looks in clothes, how she wears them, what works and what doesn't. Your style HAS to change when your body changes drastically. I liked her because she wasn't curvy and I'm not either (like, I don't even wear real bras because there's nothing there to support) and it was nice to see someone working with what they had - yes, she's skinny, but honestly that doesn't make it all that much easier to find clothes (yes, you can physically fit into things, but I mean more like finding flattering things or things that give you an attractive shape when the influencer world is FULL of Kylie Jenner types), especially when sometimes you would like to look womanly and you just can't fill anything out/everything drowns you. It's frustrating and disappointing to me that I literally am stuck in "teen" stores because adult stores don't make anything that fits me, how come she never said anything about that when obviously it bothered her enough to spend thousands of dollars to change it? And her jokes about looking like a little boy I think was her coping with some of that and instead of being real and genuine and honest about some of the struggles of being flat-chested, she just went the fake boob route.

It was so bizarre that she didn't say one word about it and then suddenly she had huge boobs that look blatantly fake. I was so blind-sided and it was so weird how she barely talked about it...like that's an expensive surgery and kind of a life-changing big deal. And then right after she got them she posted that stupid video "this jumpsuit has a design flaw" that was literally just her showing off her huge new chest that doesn't fit into her jumpsuit...

And I know that is old news at this point but obviously I never got over it lol. I live in NYC and I mainly watched her for her NYC content (most of her fashion is just too extreme for me, always has been) and I'm definitely missing that. I would love to know of cool places and restaurants to go to but I can't hang out in her apartment with her so her videos are useless to me at this point :roll:

I'm just sad for her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ugh88
Learner
Learner

Post by Ugh88 »

I’m surprised no one has mention this...
I’m sorry but if you’re that insecure about your skinny body you don’t use a picture of you in your underwear as your thumbnail on youtube. You also don’t parade around in just a sports bra at the gym. If you were that insecure you would cover up more. She’s not insecure about her body she’s just trying to be relatable. She’s obviously quite proud of her skinny body. Put some clothes on and have some class, you’re not fooling anyone.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

^ Exactly my thoughts, if you are truly insecure about your body you do not show it off constantly and make a living out of it- how many times have we seen her in the gym or see through clothing? I'm not discrediting the fact that skinny people have insecurities, I'm discrediting her bullshit agenda- this girl is in love with herself and any insecurities she has had (flat chest, small lips, minor wrinkles etc) she has fixed- she is even talking about how hard it was not to be blonde for a while and how that affected her self worth- Yeah Ashley, you really have it hard.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”