Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by bertinabox »

Yes! I agree with what everyone said here. I saw her upload, didn't care but then was brought in by the clickbait. Scrolled down to the comments and figured out what was going on and then didn't watch the video.

I think like what you've all said here, she's just losing respect for her audience! Like we didn't sign on to watch a 16 year old on a prank channel, why are you treating us like we're suddenly all trolls?! And honestly just adding a clickbait title does NOTHING for actual YouTube statistics. All it does is help you get clicks, but unless your watch time is high (how long people stay before they click out) then YT won't push your video to new viewers.

Literally all she's accomplishing is pissing off her dedicated subscribers...and she's pissed at getting feedback that she could SO EASILY change?? What's the point? It's not like people are even giving her shit about all her life decisions, we just don't want to feel patronized!?

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

Agree on everything regarding 'clickbait' titles.

On another note, have you noticed Ashley is back to play the innocent-girl on camera? I remember to watch this on an early stage of her channel. When they made more vlogs and Ryan constantly shamed her on camera. I didn't like that on Ryan and I think I unsubscribed back then because of that.

Now I see that annoying dynamic back on the latest vlogs. But Ashley seems to like it. Ashley likes to play the fragile, inocent, helpless little girl role to Ryan. I read the comments on videos and people find Ashley's atittude "so cute". I wonder how they find that cute.

Ashley: "Oh I've wanted to eat spaguetti for 2 days".
Ryan: "No, we can't eat pasta cause is no leg day (then no carbs allowed)".

Ryan *broke something, and blames Ashley*
Ryan: "is your fault in multiple ways"
Ashley: *easily gets disctracted and changes the subject*

Ryan: "Don't eat that, is not chocolate. Is plastic".
Ashley:

Ryan: "Is 58 degrees outside and we have the aircon on"
Ashley:

I can't see that "strong woman" that Ashley tries to promote. On the vlogs (which seems closer to how they are in real life) I see Ashley as a dumb girl and Ryan as an agressive guy.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Do you guys think she deletes negative comments? Literally every single one of them is praising her and usually when that happens people are deleting negative ones or comments where people ask too many questions they don't wanna answer. Have any of you guys had your comment deleted on her channel?

Post by Guest »

marchfav wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 am
"If you complain about clickbait titles, I don't want you to watch my videos anyways"... says the woman who claims she loves getting feedback.

Ashley, if you're reading this: I've been watching your videos for more than two years now, I've really been rooting for you. But it's comments like this one and your growing bitterness and passive-aggressiveness, especially towards your viewers, that are really throwing me and a lot of others off. Maybe think about that.

Re Fifth Floor: I think she's charging way too much for this magazine. It's a product of some cheap interns who work remotely. I can buy real fashion magazines done by real editors and directors who cover trends and styling advice as well for way less.
Passive aggressive is a great word to describe the tone of the most recent vlog.

I found it interesting the way she talked about how she knew she was going to loose subscribers if she changed the magazine but how she didn't care. I truly have a sense that she is loosing people at a drastic amount. She made a comment about how people originally subscribed to the magazine to get advice and info about current trends. The way she spoke about her original subscribers was incredibly rude. It was as if the originals are "those people" and Ashley is "enlightened" to change her magazine because, as she keeps saying "I've grown and I'm changing".

And the whole "community" thing is honestly extinguishing.

stuff
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by stuff »

I’ve had my comments deleted. Anything critical of her she removes.

aishpabo
Debater
Debater

Post by aishpabo »

Ashley and Ryan are the type of ppl to say they're founders/CEO but really have no idea how to grow their business and be productive of their time. No wonder they're doing all click bait materials as they need to pay all their outsourced employees. There's no clear vision for her magazine/cult community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

lizzy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:08 am
Agree on everything regarding 'clickbait' titles.

On another note, have you noticed Ashley is back to play the innocent-girl on camera? I remember to watch this on an early stage of her channel. When they made more vlogs and Ryan constantly shamed her on camera. I didn't like that on Ryan and I think I unsubscribed back then because of that.

Now I see that annoying dynamic back on the latest vlogs. But Ashley seems to like it. Ashley likes to play the fragile, inocent, helpless little girl role to Ryan. I read the comments on videos and people find Ashley's atittude "so cute". I wonder how they find that cute.

Ashley: "Oh I've wanted to eat spaguetti for 2 days".
Ryan: "No, we can't eat pasta cause is no leg day (then no carbs allowed)".

Ryan *broke something, and blames Ashley*
Ryan: "is your fault in multiple ways"
Ashley: *easily gets disctracted and changes the subject*

Ryan: "Don't eat that, is not chocolate. Is plastic".
Ashley:

Ryan: "Is 58 degrees outside and we have the aircon on"
Ashley:

I can't see that "strong woman" that Ashley tries to promote. On the vlogs (which seems closer to how they are in real life) I see Ashley as a dumb girl and Ryan as an agressive guy.
You're right! When she's talking to the camera alone she always emphasizes how independent and professional she is, but when she's with him, she loves to play the clueless girl.

She also mentioned in the vlog that Blake is still working for her. Did she read here and felt that she needed to clarify?
:roll:

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

The description of the 'SHARING MY RESULTS' vlog (which was originally called 'MY BODY SCAN RESULTS').

Have you ever flipped through the latest Cosmo or Vogue and thought "I wish this was more practical" or "I wish I had a link to this item"?

Hmm, nope. Cosmo or Vogue are not AVON catalogues. Catalogues and these kind of online magazine with links to buy stuff with one click, leads to unconscious purchases hence consumerism. I thought you were on the route to not support consumerism anymore.

Which is why I created the Fifth Floor magazine, an online digital magazine with 50+ pages of fashion, beauty, health, and lifestyle topics. Each page has shopping links, inspiration photos, and is practical for the everyday woman.

You could also just keep your YouTube channel, people gets the content for FREE and they would click links if are interested to buy. You don't need to charge $60 dollars for something that the everyday woman gets for FREE.

It goes straight to your inbox at the first of each month.

So it does FREE newsletters from many bloggers.

You can also download our app to make it more convenient and on the go!

So people can run to send you the 20 cents you get on clicking a link?

Oh yes, cause in case you don't know Ashley adds a disclaimer on her videos

It comes with an exclusive Facebook community with thousands of other bad ass women from all over the world. Come join the fam!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I would have said this was writting by one of the new young amateur interns, but I saw Ashley was writting this descrition all by herself on the latest vlog.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

New style video: more office wear! Not that she knows anything about that.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

I know lmao I saw the intro and I was like um sorry I can't just wear a blazer and boots to work I need to wear PANTS to the OFFICE like MOST PEOPLE.

She tried to 'disclaim' it later in the video by being like "I used to work in fashion and I would totally wear this to work!"

I mean I don't work in fashion, but it's also fall and about to be super cold in NY? I live somewhere where we already had our first snowfall so yeah....I'mma wear pants, thanks.

What were your guys' thoughts?

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

I wasn't going to watch the video cause I find her fashion videos so inaccurate. She basically borrows clothes from a store, goes downstairs with her boyfriend to take a few photos and then returns the clothes. Not without getting the money of viewers that click her links.

I just took a quick look at the begining, skipped the second part when she starts to talk cause 5 minutes of Ashley rambling, no thanks.

Ok, who wears this for work. (Or even to leave the house). Even the people behind are thinking WTF!

And the title of the video "SIMPLE WORK OUTFITS FOR THE MODERN WOMAN" :D :D This reminds me to the titles of the cheap magazines article "outfits for the modern woman" :rofl: :rofl: I can't beleive this woman claims to own a 'fashion magazine'.

The other outfits:

Looks like the MODERN WOMAN didn't have time to change her PJs just grabbed her second hand Dior bag and left.

Looks like the MODERN WOMAN doesn't have to take the metro, cause she is like Andy from "The Devi'ls wears Prada" and a choffer picks her up.

Ok, yes. This is something I would wear. Minus the sandals. I normally run errands on lunch break, takes the metro, and I like to take the stairs whever I can. But MODERN WOMAN like Ashley finds more important to look Instagram-Good-Ready-For-Selfie

I understand is a 'fashion' video and that she has to push people to consumerism (cause she keeps forgetting "She have changed"). But her videos and Instagram feed are nothing new. Useless outfits that look pretty for an editorial or catwalk. But people in real life is more practical and now more than ever more concious about what to wear.

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

lizzy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:33 pm
I wasn't going to watch the video cause I find her fashion videos so inaccurate. She basically borrows clothes from a store, goes downstairs with her boyfriend to take a few photos and then returns the clothes. Not without getting the money of viewers that click her links.

I just took a quick look at the begining, skipped the second part when she starts to talk cause 5 minutes of Ashley rambling, no thanks.

Ok, who wears this for work. (Or even to leave the house). Even the people behind are thinking WTF!

And the title of the video "SIMPLE WORK OUTFITS FOR THE MODERN WOMAN" :D :D This reminds me to the titles of the cheap magazines article "outfits for the modern woman" :rofl: :rofl: I can't beleive this woman claims to own a 'fashion magazine'.

The other outfits:

Looks like the MODERN WOMAN didn't have time to change her PJs just grabbed her second hand Dior bag and left.

Looks like the MODERN WOMAN doesn't have to take the metro, cause she is like Andy from "The Devi'ls wears Prada" and a choffer picks her up.

Ok, yes. This is something I would wear. Minus the sandals. I normally run errands on lunch break, takes the metro, and I like to take the stairs whever I can. But MODERN WOMAN like Ashley finds more important to look Instagram-Good-Ready-For-Selfie

I understand is a 'fashion' video and that she has to push people to consumerism (cause she keeps forgetting "She have changed"). But her videos and Instagram feed are nothing new. Useless outfits that look pretty for an editorial or catwalk. But people in real life is more practical and now more than ever more concious about what to wear.
Funny but accurate recap of her video :)

I will give her credit for showing new brands and not just good old Zara. But that's only because it's sponsored.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

If you're thinking about watching her new vlog, I'll save you the time
-first 6 minutes, talks about her and ryan having "stressors" but didn't talk about anything, then re-explained why she named her mag 5th floor
-next 5 minutes cooking and sponsorship with some hello fresh type situation
-then they bitch about their neighbor who works out at home and says it doesn't matter what time of day they do it they don't want him to work out at home at all, even though Ash also admitted to doing that, and then Ry and Ash both called their neighbor out by name, cause they're just so classy
-next 2 minutes guess they finally found a gym, workout montage
-then go to multiple post offices and fix ryans phone and ash decides it's interesting to tell us about their phone plan and why they need to go to the apple store or something
-the title is "unrealistic expectations" so in the last 4 videos she talks about how her videos used to suck and it takes a lot of time to make videos and it sucks when she doesn't like them at the end
-they make dinner and bitch more about the neighbor and show their pipes rattling even though you can't see anything on camera and then she ends the vlog

I watched this on high speed and still almost fell asleep -______________________________-

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

So all she does is complain? Thanks for saving me the time to watch her garbage.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

bertinabox wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:04 pm
-first 6 minutes, talks about her and ryan having "stressors" but didn't talk about anything, then re-explained why she named her mag 5th floor
-then they bitch about their neighbor who works out at home and says it doesn't matter what time of day they do it they don't want him to work out at home at all, even though Ash also admitted to doing that, and then Ry and Ash both called their neighbor out by name, cause they're just so classy
-then go to multiple post offices and fix ryans phone and ash decides it's interesting to tell us about their phone plan and why they need to go to the apple store or something
-the title is "unrealistic expectations" so in the last 4 videos she talks about how her videos used to suck and it takes a lot of time to make videos and it sucks when she doesn't like them at the end
-they make dinner and bitch more about the neighbor and show their pipes rattling even though you can't see anything on camera and then she ends the vlog

I watched this on high speed and still almost fell asleep -______________________________-
Thank you, I just started to watch, but Im on minute 3-4 when she started to explain why the magazine is called fifth floor and I already feel I want to take a nap. So I came here to see if someone were so kind to review the video and avoid to waste my time.

I remember when I looked forward to Fridays to see her vlogs... now they are so depressing to watch that basically put me on a bad mood. Complains, complains, complains... I think is because Ashley's job is her magazine, and that magazine is so boring and pointless that document that is the perfect recipe for #fail.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

lizzy wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:35 pm
bertinabox wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:04 pm

Thank you, I just started to watch, but Im on minute 3-4 when she started to explain why the magazine is called fifth floor and I already feel I want to take a nap. So I came here to see if someone were so kind to review the video and avoid to waste my time.

I remember when I looked forward to Fridays to see her vlogs... now they are so depressing to watch that basically put me on a bad mood. Complains, complains, complains... I think is because Ashley's job is her magazine, and that magazine is so boring and pointless that document that is the perfect recipe for #fail.
Same!! I loved her vlogs cause they put me in that rainy/fall/winter/New York ish vibe and I didn't mind before that they were slow-paced, it was kind of nice. But yeah, at this point it's JUST complaining, the videos aren't really even aesthetic (the transitions are literally the best part of the whole vid), and they're not even talking about anything at this point? There's no BTS of fashion, nothing about cool new York life, and I get being a homebody bc I'm super introverted but honestly WHAT IS THE POINT OF THESE VLOGS anymore?! I'm sad I lost another of my fave youtubers...I honestly don't know why she's trying to make this magazine happen so bad. Does she want to be an editor? Or work in fashion? Or a content creator? She makes all these random goals and I don't get what she's trying to do...

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

stuff wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:06 pm
So all she does is complain? Thanks for saving me the time to watch her garbage.
Pretty much tbh. Like I watch these things to escape my complaints and feel like i'm part of a new world for a while....her vlogs aint it anymore

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

I am very behind on these videos, but I just watched her "work" vlog and I'm FLOORED. She basically says she works a typical 8 hour day and only checks her email a few times during the day. That is not an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur essentially works 24/7 until their venture becomes highly successful, and they can outsource work and still turn a sizable profit.

Also, why, why, WHY are they "investing" as "venture capitalists"? They literally own a business that is not profitable, by their own admission. They need to be pitching for funding for that, NOT throwing their last dollars as some other company.

This woman needs to drop her deadbeat boyfriend and get a 9-5 office job.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

A lot of her stupid decisions re: work are Ryan's doing, and I think this is where she's going wrong- he has no idea what content her audience likes, and her videos are pulling about 40k views (if that!) on average. For the sake of their relationship and her career, he should just step back and do his own thing. Owning a business together is hard, especially when it is home based and you're engaged. If she wanted to succeed she should have been honest with herself from the beginning; it's not stupid to invest in other businesses, however you do need help of an actual venturer advisor with connections, not base your decisions on an article Ryan has read in the business section of New York Times. He has no qualifications to help her at this point, all he does it bring her down. If they actually acknowledged it, a lot of their problems would go away, especially the ones about content and failed growth.

Unrealistic expectations is a funny title to me- you literally do the bare minimum, and they bar is very low at this point. How is it unrealistic to produce content your audience actually asked you to do, without preaching about bs, and being passive aggressive with your attitude? Also, her work wear series should be moved to the comedy section- if I wore thigh high boots with a blazer to my (very liberal) workplace, I would probably be looking at a HR meeting at the end of the day. This girl has no idea what a real world is.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

I think his business is an absolute scam, and hers is going the same direction. She offers nothing these days. If I want to see someone complain, I have friends who are good for that.

How she still gets as many views as she does makes no sense.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”