IamChouquette/Claire Chanelle

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: IamChouquette/Claire Chanelle

Post by lowkeylaurie »

Go on Claire, please do explain how you're able to spend ridiculous amounts of money every month.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by liseppe »

Gusber wrote:ect now!!! I think of n
I don't know whether to be amused or sad at the lack of awareness that luxury bloggers have when they give advice such as "you too could afford to spend 5 grand on handbags a month if you only made your own packed lunches and didn't buy coffee from starbucks, costa etc.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

lowkeylaurie wrote:Go on Claire, please do explain how you're able to spend ridiculous amounts of money every month.
Wow :rofl:

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Ohhh Claire another dig at Lydia for copying you, and you so worried that everyone thinks you copies her.

I wonder if they've fallen out. Otherwise why all the little Lyds digs :rofl: •Passive Aggressive Friend-Enemy•

Louisaholic
Debater
Debater

Post by Louisaholic »

Is it just me or does she have no fashion skills - she picks nice pieces but cant team them up! Black leather jacket and Chunky biker boots do not go with EVERYTHING!!!!! She also cant say Gingham!!!!!!!

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Louisaholic wrote:Is it just me or does she have no fashion skills - she picks nice pieces but cant team them up! Black leather jacket and Chunky biker boots do not go with EVERYTHING!!!!! She also cant say Gingham!!!!!!!
She has the most bizarre taste. Who would wear all that together? I can't believe she used to be a stylist or personal shopper for Harrods?

Gusber
Informer
Informer

Post by Gusber »

I don't know if she believes she's being all editorial or what but it looks more dog's dinner to me! And the latest video is PAINFUL!!! The woman is an incoherent mess and knows it, so spends half of every video apologising in a 'poor old me' way. Then all her idioty fans thank her for 'keeping it real'. What??!! What is WRONG with people?!

lenathediva
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lenathediva »

I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for Claire. My one issue with her is that she doesn't own the fact that her husband is wealthy and funds their lifestyle and purchases. Claire clearly doesn't have the money to fund two Hermes bags within a couple of weeks of each other.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

lenathediva wrote:I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for Claire. My one issue with her is that she doesn't own the fact that her husband is wealthy and funds their lifestyle and purchases. Claire clearly doesn't have the money to fund two Hermes bags within a couple of weeks of each other.
I've watched loads of youtubers who mention that their designer purchases were bought mostly by their partners, it really isn't a big deal. I think it's a bit unfair though to lie to your audience that you have afforded tens of thousands of Hermes and Chanel goods though because you have "worked hard" are a "boss of your own company" and so on when this isn't the case, it gives a false sense of what is attainable to an audience who may be kids and teenagers.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

I am really at a loss with this girl. She posts a THIRTY FOUR minute GRWM tutorial when she fully discloses that she is crap at makeup and she has even been pulled aside by her employer who had to tell her to sort her makeup out. WHY would I want to spend 34 minutes watching her fumble her way through a makeup routine when she plainly states that she isn't good at makeup and never has been?

Here are some examples of gurus who post lengthy, well thought out, well planned, well edited, researched and educated vlogs.

Stephanie Nicole:

CMK:

At least when these two channels post a half hour long video, I know I will learn something. Everyone else who posts GRWM tutorials or really any tutorials seem to have the ability to do it under 20 minutes. If you have the nerve to ask me to sit through 30 minutes of your content, it really should be worth my time. Otherwise, how insulting?

Amyw673
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Amyw673 »

She really thinks she is going to hit 100k?! Or that anyone gives a shut about her house or wedding! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amyw673
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Amyw673 »

And by shut I mean shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backatitagain
Informer
Informer

Post by backatitagain »

beahunny wrote:I am really at a loss with this girl. She posts a THIRTY FOUR minute GRWM tutorial when she fully discloses that she is crap at makeup and she has even been pulled aside by her employer who had to tell her to sort her makeup out. WHY would I want to spend 34 minutes watching her fumble her way through a makeup routine when she plainly states that she isn't good at makeup and never has been?

Here are some examples of gurus who post lengthy, well thought out, well planned, well edited, researched and educated vlogs.

Stephanie Nicole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECBBRSDq8gI&t

CMK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prse5hBjRMc

At least when these two channels post a half hour long video, I know I will learn something. Everyone else who posts GRWM tutorials or really any tutorials seem to have the ability to do it under 20 minutes. If you have the nerve to ask me to sit through 30 minutes of your content, it really should be worth my time. Otherwise, how insulting?
I'm just now watching this video (I never watched a video of her before). Only a few minutes in and I'm so confused by her... Why didn't she edit out like half of it? When does she say that about her empolyer?

Gusber
Informer
Informer

Post by Gusber »

Holy guacamole!! In the latest video in Cannes, she looks about 45!!! And I'm not exaggerating for dramatic effect either!!! When she's ready for the Chopard party and we first see her 'look' I actually swore aloud!! She looks older and older every video. And it's very fortunate that with all her terrible stomach/digestive ailments, she's still able to shovel in copious macarons... Hmmmm. :roll:

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

^^^ I wonder, if she's somehow able to afford thousands of pounds of clothes, shoes and bags every month, why doesn't she spend it fixing herself instead? Maybe get veneers to fix those god awful teeth and go to dermatologists to figure out why her skin is already sagging and wrinkly when she's like, what, 29? 30? These bloggers' priorities are whack, so many of them clearly have issues with different parts of their appearance yet they spend every last penny they earn on bags that are way too similar to ones they already own.

Gusber
Informer
Informer

Post by Gusber »

The other thing that really rankles about this one, is she seems to think she needs to 'teach' us things. When most YouTubers do, for example, a makeup look, unless they are a trained MUA, they show themselves doing their makeup. Each step and product involved. Using language such as, "I do this, then I do that." When Claire Chanelle (what a ridiculous name she chose for herself) shows us her makeup, she believes she has to teach us how to do it right! "Then you have to do this! And try not to do that!" How fecking patronising!!! Lately, she's been teaching us about 'commoooonal carpets and how we must not make contact with them.' Thanks Claire!!!! Being as we're all such thick peasants, thank you for educating us on your ways of beauty, style(?!) and life!!! :roll:

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

She doesn't annoy as much as her mate Lydia, I like her more! But why does she act so "fishwife" to her husband, it's so cringe the way she constantly shouts at him or rolls her eyes at him etc.

And I'm a bit confused as to how she's so known? Is it her blog? She gets sent LOADS of clothes from very expensive sites like Net-a-Porter and Revolve and gets to go on over the top trips all the time, makes me seriously wonder what makes them invite her along :?

Amyw673
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Amyw673 »

MoanyMinnie wrote:She doesn't annoy as much as her mate Lydia, I like her more! But why does she act so "fishwife" to her husband, it's so cringe the way she constantly shouts at him or rolls her eyes at him etc.

And I'm a bit confused as to how she's so known? Is it her blog? She gets sent LOADS of clothes from very expensive sites like Net-a-Porter and Revolve and gets to go on over the top trips all the time, makes me seriously wonder what makes them invite her along :?
I've asked myself this same question. The only reason I can think of is because she has money. She doesn't have a very big audience but she married into money and brand want to align the self with rich people with an 'aspirational' lifestyle. And I use that term loosely!

marakoojah_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by marakoojah_ »

the balenciaga denim jacket looks hideous! i mean its fine except for those pointy stiff shoulders. it looks like u dont have a neck when u wear it and she paid £800 for it? :roll: she made a video on how she saves for shopping but i still dont understand where she gets her money. she says from her blog. i dont buy it. unless she has a business

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

Amyw673 wrote:
MoanyMinnie wrote:She doesn't annoy as much as her mate Lydia, I like her more! But why does she act so "fishwife" to her husband, it's so cringe the way she constantly shouts at him or rolls her eyes at him etc.

I've asked myself this same question. The only reason I can think of is because she has money. She doesn't have a very big audience but she married into money and brand want to align the self with rich people with an 'aspirational' lifestyle. And I use that term loosely!
I don't understand how Lydia got into being 'Luxury' as well. But I think they email companies while spending lot of money. I think Lydia brought her lot of followers to her YouTube channel. That's how I knew about Claire.
Im glad they are not that good friends anymore (or at least I don't see her on Lydia's videos anymore) cause I can't stand her.

I think as per Lydia she earns lot of money on Depop. You can see she sells many things are sent to her. At least that's my feeling cause many of the things I see were sent to other bloggers. Now that's a way to make easy money! Sell your gifts!

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”