Poppy Deyes

Poppy Deyes

Post by Guest »

I find her informal writing style quite annoying. Example:
I can’t actually believe that this is the first time I’ve ever made granola. I’ve seen SOso many recipes in the past and thought they looked LUSH, but have always thought it would be fussy & longwinded to make…but OH was I wrong! I finally thought I’d give it and go and it was just SO easy, like seriously easy… Granola has now been added to the long list of things that I will never buy from a supermarket again!

The lovely thing about doing it yourself is that you get to know EXACTLY what ya eating… I loveeee granola and muesli…and, well, any kinda cereal breakfast really, but the amount of sugar usually involved completely puts me off. This way I’m totally in control of ALL of the ingredients and I get to make a HUGE batch for the week AND I get to save alllll the £££. What’s your fave brekkie rn? Are you a granola lover

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Poppy Deyes

Post by staedtler »

EnidC wrote:I find her informal writing style quite annoying. Example:
I can’t actually believe that this is the first time I’ve ever made granola. I’ve seen SOso many recipes in the past and thought they looked LUSH, but have always thought it would be fussy & longwinded to make…but OH was I wrong! I finally thought I’d give it and go and it was just SO easy, like seriously easy… Granola has now been added to the long list of things that I will never buy from a supermarket again!

The lovely thing about doing it yourself is that you get to know EXACTLY what ya eating… I loveeee granola and muesli…and, well, any kinda cereal breakfast really, but the amount of sugar usually involved completely puts me off. This way I’m totally in control of ALL of the ingredients and I get to make a HUGE batch for the week AND I get to save alllll the £££. What’s your fave brekkie rn? Are you a granola lover
I would expect a 14 year old to write the way she does. Isn't she in her 20s?

RustinCohle
Learner
Learner

Post by RustinCohle »

If I was her I would kiss the ground Alfie walks on. I fail to see her purpose in the blogosphere - she has no particular topic she's knowledgeable of, she lacks writing skills and creativity, she herself is just another bland Becky. It's only a matter of time until she makes another basic ass YT channel with weekly hauls, monthly favorites and occasional Get Ready With Me |AD.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

I just have seen her on Zoe's videos. And she does nothing but
- Dress like Zoe.
- Style her hair like Zoe.
- Laugh with her mouth so wide open like Zoe.
- Sit all day on Zoe's couch, like Zoe.
- Take pics of Zoe.
- Kiss Zoe's dog.
- Act as as child, as Zoe does.
- Study every Zoe's movement.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

lizzy wrote:I just have seen her on Zoe's videos. And she does nothing but
- Dress like Zoe.
- Take pics of Zoe.
- Kiss Zoe's dog.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way round. Zoe copies everything Poppy does. She bleached her hair and cut it so it looks like Poppy's. She started dressing the same way etc.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

EnidC wrote:I find her informal writing style quite annoying. Example:

Oh my, I can't beleive that's her blog post.

"...the amount of sugar usually involved completely puts me off..." Isn't this the same person who spends the afternoons eating ice creams and cupcakes with Zoe?.

"I get to make a HUGE batch for the week AND I get to save alllll the £££."... Doesn't she have Zoe and Alfie paying all her bills, food and trips? since when does she bother about saving money?

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

staedtler wrote:
- Dress like Zoe.
- Take pics of Zoe.
- Kiss Zoe's dog.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way round. Zoe copies everything Poppy does. She bleached her hair and cut it so it looks like Poppy's. She started dressing the same way etc.
Really? don't know. I never heard about this girls before. Now she is on Zoe's vlogs everyday looking like Zoe's twin...

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

lizzy wrote:
staedtler wrote:
- Dress like Zoe.
- Take pics of Zoe.
- Kiss Zoe's dog.
Really? don't know. I never heard about this girls before. Now she is on Zoe's vlogs everyday looking like Zoe's twin...
Poppy is Alfie's sister so they spend a lot of time together. They honestly started to morph into one. In some photos I have to concentrate to figure out who is who lol. Zoe always buys clothes that Poppy has worn in the past. I don't understand why she wants to look like her.

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

I for one, hate how she gained followers and readers just through being Alfies sister. There's bloggers out there who deserve those followers waaay more than she does, like asyouwishUK's Georgie for example, there are people who put out pretty interesting content without a leg up, and she got the hundreds of thousands of followers in less than a day thanks to Zoe and Alfie.

Sable
Talker
Talker

Post by Sable »

Sean's recent video was totally ruined by Poppy. It made the video unbearable to watch. I bet she is such a nightmare to be around. She got really stroppy and moody when Zoe and Alfie were appearing to win the gingerbread house challenge and started yelling at Sean, swearing at Alfie and Zoe and then smashed up their gingerbread house. So annoying for anyone watching. Grow the fck up you self entitled brat.

mad pyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by mad pyjamas »

Sable wrote:Sean's recent video was totally ruined by Poppy. It made the video unbearable to watch. I bet she is such a nightmare to be around. She got really stroppy and moody when Zoe and Alfie were appearing to win the gingerbread house challenge and started yelling at Sean, swearing at Alfie and Zoe and then smashed up their gingerbread house. So annoying for anyone watching. Grow the fck up you self entitled brat.
Wow. That's the first video I've ever seen her in. I don't know if her behaviour was an act for the camera or if she's always like that, but either way, I feel sorry for anyone that has to be around her! The whole video was just embarrassing to watch!

Also, this isn't about Poppy, but what exactly does Sean add to the Youtube world? Like what talent does he even have? Why does he make videos? They seem to all be collaborations or challenges, which honestly, anyone could make.

Raven Edge
Talker
Talker

Post by Raven Edge »

I started watching some of Sean's Youtube videos and can not understand why Poppy allows their apartment to be filmed without fixing it up a bit.

I mean she is so concerned about getting the perfect photo with things in their proper places but the apartment looks she and Sean can't be bothered.

Raven Edge
Talker
Talker

Post by Raven Edge »

I started watching some of Sean's Youtube videos and can not understand why Poppy allows their apartment to be filmed without fixing it up a bit.

I mean she is so concerned about getting the perfect photo with things in their proper places but the apartment looks she and Sean can't be bothered.

mad pyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by mad pyjamas »

Why does she always put exclamation marks in parenthesis?
I mean HELLO, just look at how cute this Daisies and Roses collection from Cath Kidston is (!!!)
It just looks so weird at the end of a sentence!

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

"You know me, I love Topshop, always have done…. But things got a whole lot more dreamy a couple of months back when I discovered their Oxford Circus branch actually have a whole customisation service…IKR (!?) You can take anything from their store and have it switched up to suit all ya clothing dreamzzzz…In my case it was a no brainer as we were just about to head off to NY & also my bff Poppy’s (YAHwegotthesamename) birthday, so OBVS I just HAD to get us matching jackets, cause, well, toocute right? The prices really vary and you can get anything from a single letter to a whole design like this one!"

How does this qualify as a professional blog post?

mad pyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by mad pyjamas »

^Omg I can't even read that without laughing :rofl:

backatitagain
Informer
Informer

Post by backatitagain »

rai1234 wrote:"You know me, I love Topshop, always have done…. But things got a whole lot more dreamy a couple of months back when I discovered their Oxford Circus branch actually have a whole customisation service…IKR (!?) You can take anything from their store and have it switched up to suit all ya clothing dreamzzzz…In my case it was a no brainer as we were just about to head off to NY & also my bff Poppy’s (YAHwegotthesamename) birthday, so OBVS I just HAD to get us matching jackets, cause, well, toocute right? The prices really vary and you can get anything from a single letter to a whole design like this one!"

How does this qualify as a professional blog post?
WHAT is she even trying to say?! :rofl:

mt_1980
Learner
Learner

Post by mt_1980 »

They are both so annoying! It's so infuriating that they get all the following because of zalfie even though they bring nothing to the table.

They both need to grow the f up. I can't stand either of them!

Post by Guest »

Wow... I have just read some of her blogs after seeing that extract on Zoe's thread...

My brain actually hurts from how ridiculous it sounds... I wrote better blogs on my Myspace when I was 15...

sarwah17
Talker
Talker

Post by sarwah17 »

gurglewurgle wrote:Wow... I have just read some of her blogs after seeing that extract on Zoe's thread...

My brain actually hurts from how ridiculous it sounds... I wrote better blogs on my Myspace when I was 15...
Isn't Poppy dyslexic? idk i remember her saying it in a vlog but she said it as if she was joking so i've never been sure

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”