Post by meg1912 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:34 am

Cindersxo wrote::o
ImageImageImageImageImage

imtakinga_bath
Debater
Debater

Re: LLYMLRS & ETCLLYMLRS part 2

Post by imtakinga_bath » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:04 am

Definitely looks like she’s moved back home doesn’t it?

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by randomlygenerated » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:51 am

She definitely moved to back to Ludlow, I have school friends who still live there and they've seen Lily around throughout the year.

How long is she going to ebb out trying to be an influencer for? She’s back again with the badly edited pictures and still seems as arrogant as she always was. Would it literally kill her to reply to a comment from a non-influencer?

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 am

I can't believe she still returns about once a month/every two months to promote her affiliate links and that's it. She offers NO content whatsoever but still thinks her 'followers' owe her the money she can make off of those swipe up links.

Disgusting. If you're gonna quit, fucking quit and get a real job and don't use your followers for easy cash.

orangesocks182
Lurker
Lurker

Post by orangesocks182 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:53 am

I know right, it really bugs me. I wish her follower count would drop as well but it seems to stick the same ! I wonder what job she’s doing now cause she can’t be living off the cash from those links surely 🧐

hides
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by hides » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 am

It shows a blatant disregard for her followers and subscribers!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:01 am

How much does the average blogger make from affiliates?

If she's back in Ludlow and making around or more than £1000 a month then she's not too different than someone who works in a pub, restaurant or shop. If it's over £1200, then she's (sadly) on the level of most entry level graduates and it's definitely liveable.

If you consider some full time YouTubers admit to getting the same income as when they worked full time, I'd say that's plausible provided she's not living the lavish blogger lifestyle.

It's not a lot but it's enough.

essexgyal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by essexgyal » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:20 am

This thread (and her social media) is dead but I find what's happened to her career SO intriguing! I may have over-estimated her popularity back in the day (09 - 12?) but I always felt like she was one of the 'big' bloggers, I used to check her site (and even etc!!) every day, she felt very much on course to be at Zoella levels, I wonder what went wrong???

I remember she'd always go on about buying a house in London & I'm pretty sure she was gifted an entire car? Where did it go wrong?!

CoraSP
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CoraSP » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:32 pm

Yeah I remember her being one of the big bloggers too back in 2011/2012 and onwards. It is interesting isnt it

essexgyal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by essexgyal » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 am

I must have misremembered it, I was under the impression she got gifted a car whilst living in London but looking through Twitter she moaned about not having a car whilst living in the middle of no where, and the Fiat 500 was bought on finance?

I feel like these gen 1 bloggers (who moved over from Livejournal communities...?) were all from very rich backgrounds so had the money to go & buy a lot, frequently, plus had the DSLR to take photos etc etc. They sort of came before brands had caught up too so they weren't being gifted everything or paid fees, so the 'talent pool' (lol) was so small that reposting the same jeans + band tee + long cardi + dip dye hair was enough...

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 am

essexgyal wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 am
I must have misremembered it, I was under the impression she got gifted a car whilst living in London but looking through Twitter she moaned about not having a car whilst living in the middle of no where, and the Fiat 500 was bought on finance?

I feel like these gen 1 bloggers (who moved over from Livejournal communities...?) were all from very rich backgrounds so had the money to go & buy a lot, frequently, plus had the DSLR to take photos etc etc. They sort of came before brands had caught up too so they weren't being gifted everything or paid fees, so the 'talent pool' (lol) was so small that reposting the same jeans + band tee + long cardi + dip dye hair was enough...

You're not wrong, I remember her being gifted a lime green fiat 500. It stuck out at the time because this wasn't even at the height of influencers getting freebies so wasn't that normal at the time and I had definitely never come across them being given cars. I don't think I've even seen anyone be gifted a car since.

imtakinga_bath
Debater
Debater

Post by imtakinga_bath » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:35 am

I think one of Lily’s mistakes was that she was too slow in embracing YouTube - she always seemed more confident/comfortable writing blogposts than making videos, and while other bloggers jumped onto YouTube and started making more and more videos, she was somewhat reluctant and presumably didn’t realise how much YouTube was going to take over and become important/necessary for an online career. It’s funny though because I feel like people are now starting to turn away from YouTube and towards Instagram.

essexgyal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by essexgyal » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:38 pm

saywhatyouwant2me wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 am

You're not wrong, I remember her being gifted a lime green fiat 500. It stuck out at the time because this wasn't even at the height of influencers getting freebies so wasn't that normal at the time and I had definitely never come across them being given cars. I don't think I've even seen anyone be gifted a car since.
YES! I can't find anything online but I remember being SO shocked that she'd been given an entire fucking car, this was at the time the influencer/brand relationship was growing though... now there are people being gifted £40k kitchens so lending out a car feels pretty run of the mill?
imtakinga_bath wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:35 am
It’s funny though because I feel like people are now starting to turn away from YouTube and towards Instagram.
I also wonder if it's because we all grew up, too? I used to LOVE her blog when I was in uni and Topshop was cool, UO aspirational~ but I'm now 28! We've all grown up, it's not even because she's still shopping in high street stores (and I feel bloggers have all gone a bit more...luxe these days??) it's just there's nothing interesting about the outfits she's putting together, or the content she's creating? she has nothing to say. re-reading her tweets to find that car I realised how dull she was, either boring attempts at humble bragging (left the car keys in waitrose, LONDON LONDON LONDON) or just general whinging.

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:52 am

Lily’s Fiat 500? The mint coloured one? She bought that herself.

I first started working in PR when Lily was *the* UK blogger (before instagram and Youtube) and I think she just became complacent.
Back then blogging wasn’t very monetised. The company I first worked for used to send (mainly) dresses to bloggers and they would feature them for free! The bloggers would literally shoot an outfit post the day they received the dresses too. Which seems a bit mad now, especially considering the same company took bloggers on trips to the US this year.

As for Lily I think she just followed the money. She started Youtube too late and she always had the wrong attitude towards it.
I think if she hadn’t quit blogging and carried on with blogging and instagram (without Youtube) she would still be successful now.

curious
Learner
Learner

Post by curious » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 pm

An update from Lily:

elveveien
Talker
Talker

Post by elveveien » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:47 am

Having followed her off-and-on for some time (in the days where she sold jewellery on her website, anyone remember the approximate year?), I know we've all speculated about her "illness" being "just laziness", well whatever it is I'm glad that she seems to have found a diagnosis and treatment that is helping her in some way.

I can't get past the fact that she never felt good enough to post, yet when she did, she never interacted with people at all? I mean, it's one thing to dodge questions about where you've been and all that, but even questions or comments complimenting how she looks would just go off into dead air.

I do wonder what she has been doing for cash the last year and a bit!

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:37 am

elveveien wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:47 am
I can't get past the fact that she never felt good enough to post, yet when she did, she never interacted with people at all? I mean, it's one thing to dodge questions about where you've been and all that, but even questions or comments complimenting how she looks would just go off into dead air.
She's always been like that though. She's rude and abrasive when she does respond but mostly she just ignores everyone, no matter how nice they're being.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:37 am

That's a tough diagnosis at her age. I find her really abrasive but wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

princesspuppy
Stalker
Stalker

Post by princesspuppy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:54 am

Seems like she’s only back to post affiliate links for that sweet dollar though...

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:08 am

It’s 2020 and Lily Melrose still thinks it is okay to use illnesses as an excuse for being lazy.
I genuinely do think there is something wrong with one of her hands but I don’t believe it is as severe as Lily is claiming.

As usual Lily says she has an illnesses without thinking about the long lasting consequences, arthritis treatment/medicine isn’t an instant cure as she’s suggesting. You can’t go from not being able to put jeans on or walk ten minutes (as Lily claims) to suddenly being cured, even with medication Lily would have difficulties walking long distances, need a wheelchair or stick and probably be awaiting surgery if it was that severe. And still no explanation for why she couldn’t create content pre-teatment/medication but was regularly going to London for hair appointments and blogger trips to Val Thorens of all places!

I think in reality Lily realised there is no easier income than influencing and she has to make more effort and even though it looks like she’s still editing/slimming her photos she has lost some weight.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”