SongofStyle

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 977 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:14 am

2snarky2function wrote:
I agree that vlog with their parents was so awkward. And wth was up with her insisting to wear her hoodie at the korean bbq place. Like I get it korean restaurants make awesome food and they’re super aromatic and you don’t want your hair to smell but couldn’t you take a shower afterwards????? She had Jacopo TRANSLATE to his parents why she was being extra and wearing her hoodie. Girl please. I think they’re together bc she likes tall European guys and he wants to dip into Asian girls. Who can blame them? They look fashionable together.


I do like them together but yeah that was SUPER awkward. I think even wearing a hat would have been less weird!

I'm about to rename her Song of Click Bait. Has anyone watched her latest vlog? I was waiting for something really dramatic to happen during the Louis Vuitton show, not...a little rain. Good grief. Her vlogs are awesome and unique and she is only cheapening them with the click bait nonsense. It comes across as really desperate, which seems to be a developing trend.

Solcia345
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:47 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Solcia345 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:09 pm

I wish she stopped talking about how much food she consumes, avocados, avocado toasts and raw bars. We get it, you eat, we all do.

superficialthings
Informer
Informer
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by superficialthings » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:30 pm

I used to like her when I just followed her on Instagram and her blog, but Youtube and Instastories has ruined her for me. She is so extra and desperate for attention.

User avatar
graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 am
Has thanked: 475 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by graylights » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:00 pm

She's just not very well spoken for me. She opens her mouth and just sounds super uneducated and... dumb. Maybe it's the Californian drawl she has going on but none of what she says sounds authoritative or convincing. She sounds so valley girl dumb.

bleachblack110
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: SongofStyle

Post by bleachblack110 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:12 am

I agree with everyone mentioning her relationship. It's clear Jacopo doesn't have any plans to go live with her full time or get married. He seems to not only be fine with but have a good deal. He still gets to date her while only having to deal with her every 3 or so weeks. He mentioned in one of her videos that situation allows him to focus on his career.

She seems embarrassingly obsessed with him. I feel like she mentions his name and often his FULL name constantly. It reminds of of Lisa Rinna on housewives always referring to her husband Harry Hamlin by his full name. In Aimees newest video she says if i was going to to go on a date with Jacopo Moishin...

I don't think hes a dick and im sure he does love her but clearly hes not into the social media thing. I am shocked he did the tiffany ad with her. I just feel like her lifestyle is so high maintenance.. traveling with a staff and so much clothing. I feel like most guys would tire of it

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:21 am

bleachblack110 wrote:I agree with everyone mentioning her relationship. It's clear Jacopo doesn't have any plans to go live with her full time or get married. He seems to not only be fine with but have a good deal. He still gets to date her while only having to deal with her every 3 or so weeks. He mentioned in one of her videos that situation allows him to focus on his career.

She seems embarrassingly obsessed with him. I feel like she mentions his name and often his FULL name constantly. It reminds of of Lisa Rinna on housewives always referring to her husband Harry Hamlin by his full name. In Aimees newest video she says if i was going to to go on a date with Jacopo Moishin...

I don't think hes a dick and im sure he does love her but clearly hes not into the social media thing. I am shocked he did the tiffany ad with her. I just feel like her lifestyle is so high maintenance.. traveling with a staff and so much clothing. I feel like most guys would tire of it
He's being a guy, which Guys are allowed to focus on career and his life because he has more time to settle down, while she can't. I guess the only good thing is at least she isn't giving up her house and career to be with him either, so many youtubers or bloggers throw their lives away for a man, nice she is separate outside of him. I suppose they will marry one day? It would good match for their industry, money, and future. To find someone who is on your level in industry,money, looks, etc and they aren't whores or users or something bad... is like a miracle sometimes.

bricolage
Learner
Learner
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by bricolage » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Solcia345 wrote:I wish she stopped talking about how much food she consumes, avocados, avocado toasts and raw bars. We get it, you eat, we all do.
Yeah, her stupid raw bars that aren't even raw

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 977 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Haven't watched it yet but I'm already rolling my eyes at her latest video title: What to wear to festivals, what Beyonce's performance meant to me: Coachella 2018

What a pathetic grab at views, as if she needed the help. Plus the whole second half of that title sounds like she's turning in a 4th grade homework assignment. This is either going to come across as very tone deaf or like she's a clueless faux-woke brat. Hope I'm wrong though! I'll watch it in a bit and will report back if I need to eat my words.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:07 am

gossipy locks wrote:Haven't watched it yet but I'm already rolling my eyes at her latest video title: What to wear to festivals, what Beyonce's performance meant to me: Coachella 2018

What a pathetic grab at views, as if she needed the help. Plus the whole second half of that title sounds like she's turning in a 4th grade homework assignment. This is either going to come across as very tone deaf or like she's a clueless faux-woke brat. Hope I'm wrong though! I'll watch it in a bit and will report back if I need to eat my words.
It was actually really good. I guess that's the one thing I like about her, she still seems humbled and "nice" person compared to her blogger peers

gretucci
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gretucci » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:22 am

How is she still not tired of eating avocados, sweet potatoes and those bars is beyond me.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 977 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:56 pm

allsaints wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:Haven't watched it yet but I'm already rolling my eyes at her latest video title: What to wear to festivals, what Beyonce's performance meant to me: Coachella 2018

What a pathetic grab at views, as if she needed the help. Plus the whole second half of that title sounds like she's turning in a 4th grade homework assignment. This is either going to come across as very tone deaf or like she's a clueless faux-woke brat. Hope I'm wrong though! I'll watch it in a bit and will report back if I need to eat my words.
It was actually really good. I guess that's the one thing I like about her, she still seems humbled and "nice" person compared to her blogger peers
Nice! I still haven't watched it. What did she say for what the Beyonce performance meant for her? And I agree, she does seem comparatively grounded given her success, although I've heard a few stories to the contrary that I hope aren't true.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

gossipy locks wrote:
allsaints wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:Haven't watched it yet but I'm already rolling my eyes at her latest video title: What to wear to festivals, what Beyonce's performance meant to me: Coachella 2018

What a pathetic grab at views, as if she needed the help. Plus the whole second half of that title sounds like she's turning in a 4th grade homework assignment. This is either going to come across as very tone deaf or like she's a clueless faux-woke brat. Hope I'm wrong though! I'll watch it in a bit and will report back if I need to eat my words.
It was actually really good. I guess that's the one thing I like about her, she still seems humbled and "nice" person compared to her blogger peers
Nice! I still haven't watched it. What did she say for what the Beyonce performance meant for her? And I agree, she does seem comparatively grounded given her success, although I've heard a few stories to the contrary that I hope aren't true.
She was very respective and knowledgeable of black culture and see her as an inspiration as a woman and talked about seeing racism happen to her black friends and that people should care even if it doesn't happen to them because its real.

What stories have you heard

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 977 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:29 pm

allsaints wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:
allsaints wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:Haven't watched it yet but I'm already rolling my eyes at her latest video title: What to wear to festivals, what Beyonce's performance meant to me: Coachella 2018

What a pathetic grab at views, as if she needed the help. Plus the whole second half of that title sounds like she's turning in a 4th grade homework assignment. This is either going to come across as very tone deaf or like she's a clueless faux-woke brat. Hope I'm wrong though! I'll watch it in a bit and will report back if I need to eat my words.
It was actually really good. I guess that's the one thing I like about her, she still seems humbled and "nice" person compared to her blogger peers
Nice! I still haven't watched it. What did she say for what the Beyonce performance meant for her? And I agree, she does seem comparatively grounded given her success, although I've heard a few stories to the contrary that I hope aren't true.
She was very respective and knowledgeable of black culture and see her as an inspiration as a woman and talked about seeing racism happen to her black friends and that people should care even if it doesn't happen to them because its real.

What stories have you heard
Ok, I finally watched it! I don't know why I was putting it off because generally I love her videos. I was surprised at how she spoke about Beyonce's performance - she seemed well informed and really genuine with her sentiments. Given how Aimee has been a bit tone deaf recently with her denim company boycott and work with Revolve, I expected the worst from her "What Beyonce's performance meant to me" spiel.

Re: stories, I read on another gossip board that Aimee isn't really that nice when you approach her in real life. Apparently she's standoffish/rude and a total diva. Idk how much to believe in that though because everyone has their bad days and there's no way to know how she was approached, plus she seems genuinely friendly when approached by people in her vlogs.

User avatar
UKBRITYOUTUBER
Informer
Informer
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by UKBRITYOUTUBER » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:47 pm

gossipy locks wrote:
allsaints wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:
allsaints wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:Haven't watched it yet but I'm already rolling my eyes at her latest video title: What to wear to festivals, what Beyonce's performance meant to me: Coachella 2018

What a pathetic grab at views, as if she needed the help. Plus the whole second half of that title sounds like she's turning in a 4th grade homework assignment. This is either going to come across as very tone deaf or like she's a clueless faux-woke brat. Hope I'm wrong though! I'll watch it in a bit and will report back if I need to eat my words.
It was actually really good. I guess that's the one thing I like about her, she still seems humbled and "nice" person compared to her blogger peers
Nice! I still haven't watched it. What did she say for what the Beyonce performance meant for her? And I agree, she does seem comparatively grounded given her success, although I've heard a few stories to the contrary that I hope aren't true.
She was very respective and knowledgeable of black culture and see her as an inspiration as a woman and talked about seeing racism happen to her black friends and that people should care even if it doesn't happen to them because its real.

What stories have you heard
Ok, I finally watched it! I don't know why I was putting it off because generally I love her videos. I was surprised at how she spoke about Beyonce's performance - she seemed well informed and really genuine with her sentiments. Given how Aimee has been a bit tone deaf recently with her denim company boycott and work with Revolve, I expected the worst from her "What Beyonce's performance meant to me" spiel.

Re: stories, I read on another gossip board that Aimee isn't really that nice when you approach her in real life. Apparently she's standoffish/rude and a total diva. Idk how much to believe in that though because everyone has their bad days and there's no way to know how she was approached, plus she seems genuinely friendly when approached by people in her vlogs.

i havent watch the vlog whats with beyonce LOL dont want to watch her anymore..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n0seyneighbour
Talker
Talker
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:33 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by n0seyneighbour » Fri May 11, 2018 10:52 pm



Just finished watching this Target outfit video and I was looking forward to seeing the actual outfits she bought and she just showed 1 when she said she picked 3 :roll:

Also I find it weird that she was in the handicapped dressing room .. I thought it was common decency worldwide to not use any handicapped facilities unless you know, you're actually handicapped. . Or is she? And I'm being insensitive? ?

ETA: Emma Hill has a look Chic for less seris that actually focuses on the clothes not buying broccoli :roll:

c1230
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:44 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by c1230 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Justpeepin wrote:

Just finished watching this Target outfit video and I was looking forward to seeing the actual outfits she bought and she just showed 1 when she said she picked 3 :roll:

Also I find it weird that she was in the handicapped dressing room .. I thought it was common decency worldwide to not use any handicapped facilities unless you know, you're actually handicapped. . Or is she? And I'm being insensitive? ?

ETA: Emma Hill has a look Chic for less seris that actually focuses on the clothes not buying broccoli :roll:
it was probably easier to film in a larger dressing room, maybe it makes me a bad person but i use handicapped dressing rooms or bathroom stalls sometimes when its convenient for me to have more space


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 977 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Sat May 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Yeah, I don't think using the handicapped changing room was that big of a deal - if someone who needed it came in, she could have always moved to a smaller one at that time.

I do think she missed a bit of an opportunity by not showing the other outfits she chose and her process of styling her final choice. But overall, I liked the video, even the broccoli shopping! That is such a true-to-life Target shopping experience, lol.

BUT, did anyone see her IG post tribute to her makeup-artist friend's "passing"? I only put that in quotations because of the circumstances - he actually murdered his estranged husband and then shot himself, so it was a murder-suicide. A little bit more salacious than just an untimely passing. I'm surprised she put up that tribute given the situation.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 977 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Sat May 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Justpeepin wrote: ETA: Emma Hill has a look Chic for less seris that actually focuses on the clothes not buying broccoli :roll:
Oops, forgot to mention, I always kind of laugh whenever I see someone mention Emma's video series. She is one of the last bloggers/YouTubers/influencers that I would ever describe as "chic" so I'm not sure how she's going to show anyone how to do it for less. I'm pulling for her to turn it around though.

n0seyneighbour
Talker
Talker
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:33 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by n0seyneighbour » Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 am

gossipy locks wrote:
Justpeepin wrote: ETA: Emma Hill has a look Chic for less seris that actually focuses on the clothes not buying broccoli :roll: <a class="vglnk" href="[/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>youtu</span><span>.</span><span>be</span><span>/</span><span>NnI9A4Iy63g</span><span>[/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

Oops, forgot to mention, I always kind of laugh whenever I see someone mention Emma's video series. She is one of the last bloggers/YouTubers/influencers that I would ever describe as "chic" so I'm not sure how she's going to show anyone how to do it for less. I'm pulling for her to turn it around though.
The reference to Emma was about how she presents her videos with options coz Aimee can def do it if she wants to like her last solely fashion videos .. I don't mind either of their style tbh

*Also I might just be conditioned differently so I can't really understand the whole handicapped changing room situation so I'll just stop trying to lqtm

nella_21
Learner
Learner
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:42 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: SongofStyle

Post by nella_21 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:23 pm

She sounds like a duck when she opens her mouth, literally she sounds like an idiot whenever she talks about serious topics, i can't take her seriously.
I've tried making her "raw" bar recipe 4 TIMES! and failed. I don't think she realises it's literally granola she's making they don't even stick.

nella_21
Learner
Learner
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:42 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: SongofStyle

Post by nella_21 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:25 pm

She sounds like a duck when she opens her mouth, literally she sounds like an idiot whenever she talks about serious topics, i can't take her seriously.
I've tried making her "raw" bar recipe 4 TIMES! and failed. I don't think she realises it's literally granola she's making they don't even stick. And was that a neck brace she was wearing in her target vid??

Salinabish
Learner
Learner
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Salinabish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 pm

I have tried her raw bar and mine definitely stuck. Maybe use more coconut oil or dates, and it actually taste really good. I have started to make those instead of buying breakfast bars and sometimes have it when I have sweet cravings.

Salinabish
Learner
Learner
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Salinabish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:40 pm

2snarky2function wrote:
Matrioska wrote:I like Aimee vlogs ( in fact I started to "follow" her just because of her Youtube channel, I have never read her original blog) - I like the way she shows us the information, and I like the content. Because of her I even started to respect a bit more all that "fashion blogger work" - you don't get that kind of information from Chiara Blond Salad for example.
But I agree with some of you here - she exaggerates a bit with that diversity situation which is going on Instagram and during fashion weeks. And yes, I am among those of you who don't like Jacopo. I think if he is not ok with being on her social media, he just should be out of it and explain it better to her, otherwise we see rather a strange way of behavior (imho). I don't know how long they are together, I'm quite sure that IRL he is a normal guy, but in her vlogs he looks like someone who is always bored etc... The vlog with their parents together was very strange in fact, i don't know why Aimee decided to make it public...
I agree that vlog with their parents was so awkward. And wth was up with her insisting to wear her hoodie at the korean bbq place. Like I get it korean restaurants make awesome food and they’re super aromatic and you don’t want your hair to smell but couldn’t you take a shower afterwards????? She had Jacopo TRANSLATE to his parents why she was being extra and wearing her hoodie. Girl please. I think they’re together bc she likes tall European guys and he wants to dip into Asian girls. Who can blame them? They look fashionable together.




She wore that hoodie because she didn’t want her hair to smell, and she had just washed her that day and she didn’t want to wash it again.

Also what’s up with people claiming that whenever there is an Asian and white couple. It’s always the guy wants a taste of an Asian girl and the Asian girl wants a tall white guy because apparently Asian guys are so short and unattractive. (Rolls eyes). I don’t think she is dating him because he is simply European and tall. She said in one of her vlogs that she thought he was gay and approached him but later found out he was straight. I think they are together because they have a connection. And I don’t think Jacopo seems like a guy who wants to have a taste of Asian women.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Salinabish wrote:
2snarky2function wrote:
Matrioska wrote:I like Aimee vlogs ( in fact I started to "follow" her just because of her Youtube channel, I have never read her original blog) - I like the way she shows us the information, and I like the content. Because of her I even started to respect a bit more all that "fashion blogger work" - you don't get that kind of information from Chiara Blond Salad for example.
But I agree with some of you here - she exaggerates a bit with that diversity situation which is going on Instagram and during fashion weeks. And yes, I am among those of you who don't like Jacopo. I think if he is not ok with being on her social media, he just should be out of it and explain it better to her, otherwise we see rather a strange way of behavior (imho). I don't know how long they are together, I'm quite sure that IRL he is a normal guy, but in her vlogs he looks like someone who is always bored etc... The vlog with their parents together was very strange in fact, i don't know why Aimee decided to make it public...
I agree that vlog with their parents was so awkward. And wth was up with her insisting to wear her hoodie at the korean bbq place. Like I get it korean restaurants make awesome food and they’re super aromatic and you don’t want your hair to smell but couldn’t you take a shower afterwards????? She had Jacopo TRANSLATE to his parents why she was being extra and wearing her hoodie. Girl please. I think they’re together bc she likes tall European guys and he wants to dip into Asian girls. Who can blame them? They look fashionable together.




She wore that hoodie because she didn’t want her hair to smell, and she had just washed her that day and she didn’t want to wash it again.

Also what’s up with people claiming that whenever there is an Asian and white couple. It’s always the guy wants a taste of an Asian girl and the Asian girl wants a tall white guy because apparently Asian guys are so short and unattractive. (Rolls eyes). I don’t think she is dating him because he is simply European and tall. She said in one of her vlogs that she thought he was gay and approached him but later found out he was straight. I think they are together because they have a connection. And I don’t think Jacopo seems like a guy who wants to have a taste of Asian women.
Her and her sis dated like copies of each other, blonde, similar facial features and body type. Except one was prep and the other was edgy , like them, edgy/prep versions of each other..except he was abusive the whole time,.now the sis is dating some weird tattoos/pierces covered in tattoos, with a bald head, and gauges, and suddenly its "true love" although I think she's just attaching to whoever will heal her hart

Salinabish
Learner
Learner
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Salinabish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:47 pm

I don’t think she ever claimed it was true love. If Jacopo doesn’t look like her ex then I think it’s safe to say that they weren’t just looking to date white men. It could be they just mesh well and just attract those type of people.

Post Reply

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”