SongofStyle

fuzzypickles
Talker
Talker
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:41 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 24 times

SongofStyle

Post by fuzzypickles » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:52 pm

thoughts on aimee? (rhymes with mommy :roll: )

i used to like her but its pretty obvious that she does blogging full time but still claims that shes 'not like the others because she has another job'

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Anyone?

bananahot
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by bananahot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:26 am

fuck*ng love aimee

Duchess14
Learner
Learner
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Duchess14 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:51 am

i used to follow her on instagram and thought she was cute but then i randomly came across her home tour on youtube and some of her other videos and thought that she was way too annoying to watch, way too peppy. Seemed kind of fake so i unfollowed her and now cant be bothered to watch any of her videos. Shes so extra.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 976 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:52 pm

bananahot wrote:fuck*ng love aimee
I also fuck*ng love Aimee, full stop. She's killing it right now. If I were to snark on anything, like totally being nitpicky, I do think she comes across as a bit desperate with her boyfriend. She seems really sweet with him but also like she's totally obsessed with him and he's just this chill, kind of subdued guy so it's hard to tell if the feeling is mutual.

User avatar
tasmaniantiger
Talker
Talker
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:40 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by tasmaniantiger » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Aimee is my favourite. I love the positivity and the great relationships you can see between her and the people she surrounds herself with. IDK, I find it refreshing in comparison to most other bloggers on Youtube.

Duchess14
Learner
Learner
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Duchess14 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 pm

gossipy locks wrote:
bananahot wrote:fuck*ng love aimee
I also fuck*ng love Aimee, full stop. She's killing it right now. If I were to snark on anything, like totally being nitpicky, I do think she comes across as a bit desperate with her boyfriend. She seems really sweet with him but also like she's totally obsessed with him and he's just this chill, kind of subdued guy so it's hard to tell if the feeling is mutual.
lol i noticed that too, i cringed on her behalf a little bit, but i think maybe it's just all a part of her super sweet, extra persona. You can tell she is really nice, and super in love. (Just too peppy in my opinion lol)

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:19 pm

I like her channel and I like her she seems very nice and sweet. Although I try to avoid the rich girl things Like fashion week when she was doing all the traveling and have a team of people. I can't relate to that but I still like her channel

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:20 pm

gossipy locks wrote:
bananahot wrote:fuck*ng love aimee
I also fuck*ng love Aimee, full stop. She's killing it right now. If I were to snark on anything, like totally being nitpicky, I do think she comes across as a bit desperate with her boyfriend. She seems really sweet with him but also like she's totally obsessed with him and he's just this chill, kind of subdued guy so it's hard to tell if the feeling is mutual.
It was kind of interesting how both her and her sister had similar looking boyfriends ..white with blond hair

Although Danny broke up with her boyfriend because he was crazy

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 976 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:00 pm

Uh oh, I think I've started to go off my girl Aimee - there was a moment in her boycott video where she explained that she unfollowed a denim company because she didn't feel represented in their campaign images because they didn't use an asian model. And, of course, she's all about inclusivity. I was taken aback by that because she works a lot with Revolve which is pretty well known for being called out for their lack of diversity on their blogger trips (somehow they can never find a woman of color they want to travel with). It's like, you'll take money to promote a company that is displaying the same lack of inclusiveness that you claim to stand against, but you're so upset by another that you're moved to take the bold step of unfollowing them on Instagram??? Wow, so revolutionary. WTF.

That and they way she tried to make such a big deal out of her Uber and AirFrance issues over social media, basically aiming to use her social media following as a weapon to get special treatment from these companies.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:08 am

gossipy locks wrote:Uh oh, I think I've started to go off my girl Aimee - there was a moment in her boycott video where she explained that she unfollowed a denim company because she didn't feel represented in their campaign images because they didn't use an asian model. And, of course, she's all about inclusivity. I was taken aback by that because she works a lot with Revolve which is pretty well known for being called out for their lack of diversity on their blogger trips (somehow they can never find a woman of color they want to travel with). It's like, you'll take money to promote a company that is displaying the same lack of inclusiveness that you claim to stand against, but you're so upset by another that you're moved to take the bold step of unfollowing them on Instagram??? Wow, so revolutionary. WTF.

That and they way she tried to make such a big deal out of her Uber and AirFrance issues over social media, basically aiming to use her social media following as a weapon to get special treatment from these companies.
Such hyprocrisy. I know she means well but she's so.. Out of touch

Queen_cake
Learner
Learner
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:31 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Queen_cake » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:41 pm

I really liked her in the beginning on her youtube but not so much now. I find her vapid and hypocritical especially with the whole Revolve issue. I thought she was a bit better than all the other bloggers but at the end of the day she really is just as vapid and will whore herself for free stuff, she just gets better stuff than most others. In the beginning must be so much fun, to get all this wonderful free stuff and be lauded by all these exclusive brands but after a while, it must really lose its appeal and become sad and soulless especially when you enter your 30's. Ommy seems like she is desperate to get married but I can't see that happening and having a kid would ruin her current career. None of those brands would want Ommy Mommy. So what is a girl to do, you can't roam around the world forever making "how much avocado on your toast" the most burning issue of our time. It's all a bit sad actually.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Queen_cake wrote:I really liked her in the beginning on her youtube but not so much now. I find her vapid and hypocritical especially with the whole Revolve issue. I thought she was a bit better than all the other bloggers but at the end of the day she really is just as vapid and will whore herself for free stuff, she just gets better stuff than most others. In the beginning must be so much fun, to get all this wonderful free stuff and be lauded by all these exclusive brands but after a while, it must really lose its appeal and become sad and soulless especially when you enter your 30's. Ommy seems like she is desperate to get married but I can't see that happening and having a kid would ruin her current career. None of those brands would want Ommy Mommy. So what is a girl to do, you can't roam around the world forever making "how much avocado on your toast" the most burning issue of our time. It's all a bit sad actually.
I doubt it gets old having an easy life surrounded by praise and glamour for minimal work . It's a blessing . I don't see how she can get married if she doesn't spend consistent time with her boyfriend. He got a new apt in NYC and she got her new house, they don't seem too keen on going further at this point .

User avatar
adida
Learner
Learner
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 5:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by adida » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:46 am

Hahaha "Ommy" -- I think it's silly that she expects everyone to know how to pronounce her name. Like, you spell it like it should be pronounced like Amy...how are people supposed to know your name is ~special~ :roll:

I like some of the videos she's done lately, but I definitely wouldn't wear anything that she does lol. And I wonder how old her boyfriend is...!!

sippingtheT
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by sippingtheT » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:21 pm

I loved reading Aimee's blog when she was fairly new. Young, stylish, and refreshing. Years later, I feel like the fame got to her because I became turned off by her after watching her snapchat/ig stories. Examples: giving food to homeless people but showing everyone the receipt on how much she spent. :? or being annoyed that another blogger didn't remember her at a fashion show. or telling her followers to flood Air France's ig about her missing bags. Etc. She just comes off so entitled now. I'm tired of the "avoCAHdohs" and raw bars she keeps talking about too. The blogging days made her more mysterious. It was better reading about her than listening to her speak. She interviewed Eva Chen (who I adore) on her youtube and Eva sounds very articulate and eloquent and Aimee speaks like an immature teenager. :(

User avatar
UKBRITYOUTUBER
Informer
Informer
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by UKBRITYOUTUBER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:22 pm

sippingtheT wrote:I loved reading Aimee's blog when she was fairly new. Young, stylish, and refreshing. Years later, I feel like the fame got to her because I became turned off by her after watching her snapchat/ig stories. Examples: giving food to homeless people but showing everyone the receipt on how much she spent. :? or being annoyed that another blogger didn't remember her at a fashion show. or telling her followers to flood Air France's ig about her missing bags. Etc. She just comes off so entitled now. I'm tired of the "avoCAHdohs" and raw bars she keeps talking about too. The blogging days made her more mysterious. It was better reading about her than listening to her speak. She interviewed Eva Chen (who I adore) on her youtube and Eva sounds very articulate and eloquent and Aimee speaks like an immature teenager. :(
she is an immature teenager!! she joined a protest last month but then again promoting her tshirt brand in the protest


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Matrioska
Learner
Learner
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:16 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Matrioska » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:26 am

I like Aimee vlogs ( in fact I started to "follow" her just because of her Youtube channel, I have never read her original blog) - I like the way she shows us the information, and I like the content. Because of her I even started to respect a bit more all that "fashion blogger work" - you don't get that kind of information from Chiara Blond Salad for example.
But I agree with some of you here - she exaggerates a bit with that diversity situation which is going on Instagram and during fashion weeks. And yes, I am among those of you who don't like Jacopo. I think if he is not ok with being on her social media, he just should be out of it and explain it better to her, otherwise we see rather a strange way of behavior (imho). I don't know how long they are together, I'm quite sure that IRL he is a normal guy, but in her vlogs he looks like someone who is always bored etc... The vlog with their parents together was very strange in fact, i don't know why Aimee decided to make it public...
English is not my native language!

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 976 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:24 am

Matrioska wrote:I like Aimee vlogs ( in fact I started to "follow" her just because of her Youtube channel, I have never read her original blog) - I like the way she shows us the information, and I like the content. Because of her I even started to respect a bit more all that "fashion blogger work" - you don't get that kind of information from Chiara Blond Salad for example.
But I agree with some of you here - she exaggerates a bit with that diversity situation which is going on Instagram and during fashion weeks. And yes, I am among those of you who don't like Jacopo. I think if he is not ok with being on her social media, he just should be out of it and explain it better to her, otherwise we see rather a strange way of behavior (imho). I don't know how long they are together, I'm quite sure that IRL he is a normal guy, but in her vlogs he looks like someone who is always bored etc... The vlog with their parents together was very strange in fact, i don't know why Aimee decided to make it public...
I may be totally wrong, but it seemed like Aimee really started pushing Jacopo more in her vlogs after the Revolve awards. She was probably motivated by that couples goals award won by Negin and Maurits :roll: Meanwhile, Aimee won a different kind of couples award - I think it was bff goals for her and Camilla.

User avatar
Matrioska
Learner
Learner
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:16 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Matrioska » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:11 am

gossipy locks wrote:I may be totally wrong, but it seemed like Aimee really started pushing Jacopo more in her vlogs after the Revolve awards. She was probably motivated by that couples goals award won by Negin and Maurits Meanwhile, Aimee won a different kind of couples award - I think it was bff goals for her and Camilla.
I can't imagine how she can win anything with a boyfriend who acts like Jacopo. He is a total fail from the social media point of view
English is not my native language!

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:15 am

Matrioska wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:I may be totally wrong, but it seemed like Aimee really started pushing Jacopo more in her vlogs after the Revolve awards. She was probably motivated by that couples goals award won by Negin and Maurits Meanwhile, Aimee won a different kind of couples award - I think it was bff goals for her and Camilla.
I can't imagine how she can win anything with a boyfriend who acts like Jacopo. He is a total fail from the social media point of view
He has 25k and successful photograher . I think she should be grateful he isn't an attention whore. Wasnt her last boyfriend one?

User avatar
Matrioska
Learner
Learner
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:16 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by Matrioska » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:03 am

allsaints wrote:
He has 25k and successful photograher . I think she should be grateful he isn't an attention whore. Wasnt her last boyfriend one?
then she just should stop putting him on each vlog etc. Because when someone is not an attention whore he\she is out of that stuff.
I mean - he can be a great guy, cool photographer and so on, but as a part of the project "Aimee and he sweet boyfriend win a Revolve prize," he is a total fail.
English is not my native language!

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 976 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by gossipy locks » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 pm

Idk, they did that campaign together for Tiffany. I was really surprised to see that. I also remember Aimee encouraging people to go follow Jacopo on IG. I see what you mean though, he isn't as charming or comfortable in online attention as someone like Maurits, which is a big reason why he and Negin won that award. You would think Aimee would just let Jacopo do things his own way instead of trying to drag him into the spotlight with her. Her real life relationship with him should be more important than their online image as a couple. This could lead to trouble for them down the road.

User avatar
2snarky2function
Learner
Learner
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: SongofStyle

Post by 2snarky2function » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Matrioska wrote:I like Aimee vlogs ( in fact I started to "follow" her just because of her Youtube channel, I have never read her original blog) - I like the way she shows us the information, and I like the content. Because of her I even started to respect a bit more all that "fashion blogger work" - you don't get that kind of information from Chiara Blond Salad for example.
But I agree with some of you here - she exaggerates a bit with that diversity situation which is going on Instagram and during fashion weeks. And yes, I am among those of you who don't like Jacopo. I think if he is not ok with being on her social media, he just should be out of it and explain it better to her, otherwise we see rather a strange way of behavior (imho). I don't know how long they are together, I'm quite sure that IRL he is a normal guy, but in her vlogs he looks like someone who is always bored etc... The vlog with their parents together was very strange in fact, i don't know why Aimee decided to make it public...
I agree that vlog with their parents was so awkward. And wth was up with her insisting to wear her hoodie at the korean bbq place. Like I get it korean restaurants make awesome food and they’re super aromatic and you don’t want your hair to smell but couldn’t you take a shower afterwards????? She had Jacopo TRANSLATE to his parents why she was being extra and wearing her hoodie. Girl please. I think they’re together bc she likes tall European guys and he wants to dip into Asian girls. Who can blame them? They look fashionable together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SongofStyle

Post by allsaints » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:45 pm

2snarky2function wrote:
Matrioska wrote:I like Aimee vlogs ( in fact I started to "follow" her just because of her Youtube channel, I have never read her original blog) - I like the way she shows us the information, and I like the content. Because of her I even started to respect a bit more all that "fashion blogger work" - you don't get that kind of information from Chiara Blond Salad for example.
But I agree with some of you here - she exaggerates a bit with that diversity situation which is going on Instagram and during fashion weeks. And yes, I am among those of you who don't like Jacopo. I think if he is not ok with being on her social media, he just should be out of it and explain it better to her, otherwise we see rather a strange way of behavior (imho). I don't know how long they are together, I'm quite sure that IRL he is a normal guy, but in her vlogs he looks like someone who is always bored etc... The vlog with their parents together was very strange in fact, i don't know why Aimee decided to make it public...
I agree that vlog with their parents was so awkward. And wth was up with her insisting to wear her hoodie at the korean bbq place. Like I get it korean restaurants make awesome food and they’re super aromatic and you don’t want your hair to smell but couldn’t you take a shower afterwards????? She had Jacopo TRANSLATE to his parents why she was being extra and wearing her hoodie. Girl please. I think they’re together bc she likes tall European guys and he wants to dip into Asian girls. Who can blame them? They look fashionable together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's interesting is her sister had a similar looking white boyfriend , but edgier.

User avatar
UKBRITYOUTUBER
Informer
Informer
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by UKBRITYOUTUBER » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Image


uglies outfit of aimee song ever why!!! and those raw bars for fuck sake stop it!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”