The Londoner

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Londoner

Post by xxkath »

I thought I'd start a section for Rosie The Londoner. I've only started reading her blog in the past few weeks but she seems awfully pretentious and false, but I quite like reading her blog - I don't know why. I find her quite irritating especially with the posed photos that she thinks look really natural and the lame puns on all her instagram posts.

MrsH
Learner
Learner

Re: The Londoner

Post by MrsH »

I have to say I couldn't agree with you more! I cringe at how posed most of her pictures are, I don't know how she has the balls to do that I public! And I didn't mind the odd pun here and there but they are every picture now and driving me crazy! The laughs on me though I guess as I can't stop reading her posts!

greeny
Learner
Learner

Post by greeny »

I did think she was cringey to be begin with but I've come to like her more.
For me I think it's just living vicariously through her; she gets invited to brilliant places, she's friends with some great characters and she is a fabulous cook.
She's definitely pretentious and so bloody posh but I don't mind it.

Just thought I might add, this is the picture I find most cringey. Might be NSFW.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

I hate that she uses the word 'delicious' so much. It makes me cringe when I see it - I don't know why, I guess it's just because most people wouldn't use the word delicious to describe a dog haha.

Calabria
Informer
Informer

Post by Calabria »

She's AWFUL. She's a vile, social climbing, vapid, liar. She portrays herself as living the life of a Sloaney pony and yet buys a large proportion of her designed goods on iOffer!

Horrid woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

Calabria wrote:She's AWFUL. She's a vile, social climbing, vapid, liar. She portrays herself as living the life of a Sloaney pony and yet buys a large proportion of her designed goods on iOffer!

Horrid woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never heard of iOffer but just had a look. Is everything fake on there? There is no way a Chanel perfume can be $33 AUD.

xfactor
Talker
Talker

Post by xfactor »

^I think everything on iOffer is fake, yeah. They have loads and loads of christian louboutins at stupid prices.

i'd never heard of the londoner, but it looks like she tries way too hard. i just scanned the front page there and can't deal with cutesy poses like her on her tippy toes peering into selfridges. i have zero tolerance for that sort of twee shit.

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

I used to adore her but she is very repetitive and the "cute puns" and perfect life gets a bit too much after a while. Full glam all the time, perfect outings, perfect food, perfect goddamn photos that were staged to look not so staged... She doesn't offend me in any particular way but I have been rolling my eyes for a good while and finally I quit reading the blog. I still peruse for London tips, she does goes to nice places.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

lillian wrote:I used to adore her but she is very repetitive and the "cute puns" and perfect life gets a bit too much after a while. Full glam all the time, perfect outings, perfect food, perfect goddamn photos that were staged to look not so staged... She doesn't offend me in any particular way but I have been rolling my eyes for a good while and finally I quit reading the blog. I still peruse for London tips, she does goes to nice places.
I think you have summed up my feels perfectly. It's all very staged and it's almost as if she can't show anything in her life that isn't, or does appear to be perfect. I think the thing that annoys me the most is the puns on her Instagram captions. 1 or 2 is fine but every goddamn picture has something "funny" under it.
She has convinced me to visit Bali though. Those pictures are gorgeous.

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

They are!

Her life feels like a tv show; not like a real life and I can't relate to it, I guess that's my main issue with her blog. Not saying that she is faking her life, but when all the daily, less than picture perfect bits are cut out, it feels a bit too shiny and out of touch with what's actually happening around her. Good for her if her life is actually this flawless, must be nice to head off to fancy holidays or look at the windows of perfectly decorated shops with a wondering gaze on her beautifully made up face.

thegreatgatsby
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by thegreatgatsby »

I think you will all appreciate the 1900 page thread on her over at gomi (get off my internets), her thread is in the members only section but it's a hell of a read!

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

Her recent trip to Florence produced several candid photos that show that Rose HEAVILY photoshops her images. If you would like to see more, check out the Luisviaroma Facebook. This girl lives a completely fabricated life...including how she looks...

eta...no pun intended! honestly

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

The photos from that shoot were gross anyway though. Her make-up was HIDEOUS!

Post by Guest »

scgirl212 wrote:Her recent trip to Florence produced several candid photos that show that Rose HEAVILY photoshops her images. If you would like to see more, check out the Luisviaroma Facebook. This girl lives a completely fabricated life...including how she looks...

eta...no pun intended! honestly

What the hell?!! What the actual f**k... That's insane.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

Sorry, am I missing something with that picture?

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

Same. What's photoshopped in her blog photos that isn't here?

Photography Lover
Informer
Informer

Post by Photography Lover »

I know nobody has answered in a few days but I'm not seeing anything different in that picture than she posts in her blog. What's wrong?

wtf
Talker
Talker

Post by wtf »

I think it's that she looks a lot bigger around the waist/stomach area than she does on her blog, so you can see how much she photoshops her own pictures.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”