Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

cristina85
Learner
Learner

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by cristina85 »

Is she wearing extensions??? really?? do you have the screenshot? I can't believe it... she is always so proud of her hair... I always wonder how hair can change that much...

sookies_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sookies_ »

cristina85 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:46 am
Is she wearing extensions??? really?? do you have the screenshot? I can't believe it... she is always so proud of her hair... I always wonder how hair can change that much...
The screenshot was definitely posted here but for some reason I can't find it anymore..
She is so fake in general (hair, botox, boobs, lips, layers and layers of contouring) that she is almost unrecognisable without her usual make-up mask but also looks much younger without it
These users thanked the author sookies_ for the post:
cristina85 (Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:05 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

cristina85
Learner
Learner

Post by cristina85 »

She always deny about her lips.. but it is so obvious..

pinklady23
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by pinklady23 »

Wow my mind is officially blown over the hair extensions. I have to say I wasn’t convinced until I looked back at her Instagram and I’m 99% sure I caught a glimpse in one of her old hair curling tutorials (I’ll add a screen shot here)

6EDFB3B4-D416-4325-99D1-893447CED158.jpeg

If you watch the tutorial you’ll notice she’s ever so gently taking her blow drying clips out and being extra cautious not to expose them. They’re a completely different colour to her hair, much blonder! Which explains why sometimes her hair looks ultra thick and 5 shades lighter vs other times where it’s darker, shorter and thinner.

If she’s covering up hair extensions, she could easily be lying about botox and who knows what else.

On another note - How does it take 2 years to create scrunchies!! :rofl: and the price point of $88 USD for one scrunchie is shockingly greedy. It’s either she’s gone way over budget for product costing which wouldn’t surprise me with those ugly dust boxes (which are so unnecessary) or they are just super greedy. I love the look of them but there are plenty of jumbo scrunchies available on Etsy for under $10 and in the same colour ways.

Also - Has anyone else noticed how much positive reinforcement Ryan is giving her on his Instagram stories these days? It’s over little things like fashion videos and he refers to her as a content queen - What’s that about?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users thanked the author pinklady23 for the post (total 2):
Perfumista (Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:20 am) • cristina85 (Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:57 pm)
Rating: 18.18%

cristina85
Learner
Learner

Post by cristina85 »

I can not see the picture, how can I find the tutorial? About the scrunchies you are absolutely right.. I told her.. it is a ridiculous project , 2 years invested, 2 years late (scrunchies are not something super trendy now.. one year o two and we all forget about it, I only use them at home now), super expensive, super big for normal hair... its a no.
About Ryan you arr also right, he suddelnly appears again in her stories, too much.. weird.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

I can't believe that they're sold out of almost all scrunchies too- unless she only had like 10 of each available, to make it look like success.

Like, I'm sorry but this just looks ridiculous to me and I'd never wear it:

These users thanked the author dissolved for the post (total 3):
Perfumista (Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:18 am) • cristina85 (Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:01 pm) • smashthebox (Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:20 pm)
Rating: 27.27%

constantdisbelief
Lurker
Lurker

Post by constantdisbelief »

sookies_ wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:03 am
cristina85 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:46 am
The screenshot was definitely posted here but for some reason I can't find it anymore..
She is so fake in general (hair, botox, boobs, lips, layers and layers of contouring) that she is almost unrecognisable without her usual make-up mask but also looks much younger without it
That was me! Here's the screenshot I shared from one of her stories:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users thanked the author constantdisbelief for the post (total 2):
sookies_ (Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:57 am) • Perfumista (Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:06 am)

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Super surprised that the scrunchies sold out. It seemed like a random product to launch, but I’m more surprised people are buying it. Who is out there representing the luxury scrunchie community?!
These users thanked the author bertinabox for the post:
cristina85 (Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:07 am)

anotherparishilton
Lurker
Lurker

Post by anotherparishilton »

i havent checked in on her in a few months because i was. bored fo the new brand talk with nothing happening and her rare uploads were boring anyway. i can't believe her brand is a scrunchie business, and an $88 one at that. i also can not at all believe all of them sold out... you're saying people paid $188 for 3 basic ass scrunchies? in a pandemic? absolutely no way. you can get your hair done with that money. they had to have only a couple pieces in stock of each
These users thanked the author anotherparishilton for the post:
Perfumista (Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:49 am)

JDS88
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by JDS88 »

Long term lurker but it’s finally time for me to contribute. I hate vlogs in general, so it’s not fair for me to criticize them as boring since I think all vlogs are boring. She used to do a lot more outfit/styling videos which weren’t necessarily my style but gave some inspiratio. But lately she rarely does them and when she does they are just…. Weird. Anyways. Her vlogs in NYC were boring and I can’t imagine her content will improve much in suburbia Texas.

But let me get to the thing that drove me here. She has spoken in the past about how she doesn’t drink often, if at most she had a glass of champagne on her birthday last year. Her last post on IG was a sponsored post for some vodka company, and she captioned it how her favorite thing to do in the evening was to watch movies and sip cocktails. I have never seen her once in her IG stories talk about sipping a cocktail while watching a movie. And I distinctly remember her saying she rarely ever drank. I wasn’t the only one thinking this because numerous other people commented asking her why she’s taken this sponsorship if she never drinks. I believe I liked one of these posts.

Fast forward a few days later, I’m supposed to be studying for an exam but this pops into my mind and I thought I’d see if she responded to the comments. I can’t find her when I search!! I switch to my second IG account, and lo and behold, she blocked me! For liking a comment that questioned her integrity. And she deleted all the comments questioning whether she drinks or not.

So anyways, I’m glad I don’t have to see her pop up on my IG stories anymore because I found her such a waste of time (would always swipe out and was too lazy to unfollow). But I always find it so pathetic when these Influencers take sponsorships that clearly go against their brand, lifestyle, morals, whatever.
These users thanked the author JDS88 for the post:
Perfumista (Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:05 am)

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Omg I can’t believe she blocked you but I had the SAME thought with the Grey Goose sponsorship. It’s so off brand from her? I guess thinking about that even though she still has tons of sponsored posts I feel like they’ve decreased since leaving NYC. I wonder if some of the more fashion/makeup brands decided to stop their partnership after she left NYC and the city girl vibe behind.

I’m super surprised that the scrunchies sold out too. She obviously has a community of followers but to me she doesn’t seem like the kind of influencer who has major stans since her audience is older. But maybe her OG followers really wanted to support her. The thing is once people get their one or 3 items I doubt they would keep going back and buying more. It might be a cute novelty thing but I can’t see anyone with 10 oversized scrunchies in their bathroom that cost them almost $900
These users thanked the author bertinabox for the post:
JDS88 (Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:37 am)

JDS88
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by JDS88 »

Spending that much on scrunchies seem so silly. They may be well made, but do you know how often I lose my current scrunchies? That cost $1 from CVS? I would be freaking out about making sure I didn’t lose a $90 scrunchie. Big nope.

And that’s an interesting point regarding the lack of sponsorships lately… I guess she can’t give off the cool city girl vibe anymore. That demographic doesn’t want to see numerous runs go Home Depot to buy plants and pick out paint.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

What a loser... taking a sponsorship you know people will find disingenuous for the $$, and then blocking people and deleting comments when they point it out. Maybe that's why her newest post on IG promoting it has a total of 19 comments, all from randoms showering her with hearts- which is really shit engagement. They never drink, and made it a point to mention that since the beginning. I think I very occasionally saw them sip on wine- so to say her and Ryan just "love" to sip cocktails with vodka is silly and off brand.
These users thanked the author dissolved for the post:
JDS88 (Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:37 am)

Ycazam1234
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ycazam1234 »

I think they are in loads of debt mate
These users thanked the author Ycazam1234 for the post:
Perfumista (Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:18 pm)

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

I was so confused at how they were planning on not only buying but renovating a house and furnishing it because they seemed like they were going to do it all super quickly. But they are just getting to their first house project and they already seem Shocked at how much getting a fence cost? I’ve dealt with a lot of invoices in the housing repair industry. Fixing a roof cost like $50,000 sometimes and I’ve seen water heaters that need like $15-$20,000 just to be repaired. I couldn’t believe how much they were going to spend in such a short amount of time on redoing everything in their house but it seems like it makes more sense because they had no idea how much this stuff cost. I don’t watch her vlogs much but I watched one where they were moving out of New York and Ashley had no idea that washers and dryer‘s could be $1000 each.I wonder If they got this house without really thinking through all the cost of everything… They still have like no furniture. I think she said they were waiting to get furniture until all the stuff was done with their house but they haven’t even started it honestly I feel like it’s gonna be like a year before they even start furnishing

Perfumista
Learner
Learner

Post by Perfumista »

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! All they’ve done is gardening and put in some trim in the walls, paint one wall and some external trim paint.
I didn’t get her comment about not being able to split the boundary fence costs as the neighbouring property is vacant. It still has an owner, don’t you just contact the local government or title office to get in contact with the owner to negotiate the fence?? And didn’t she say Ryan’s dad was a general contractor and was going to help them. I don’t quite know what this job title means, but surely they could buy materials and do the fence themselves cheaply if Ryan’s dad has the experience.
She made the excuse that they haven’t done much yet because they are SOO busy! Yet in the same vlog, goes in to say how they all go for these long strolls in the neighbourhood.
Now she’s going g around looking at all the outdoor lighting setups, get your priorities straight! Wouldn’t this be icing on the top stuff once everything else is done. Maybe that’s just my crazy thinking.
These users thanked the author Perfumista for the post:
dissolved (Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:47 am)

Ycazam1234
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ycazam1234 »

Same here I was shocked when they moved in and started work on the outside. Makes no sense.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Yeah agreed. I think they said they were doing outside first because of how hot it gets in the summer which makes Sense because Texas is awful in summer. However it’s already halfway through summer and they still are painting outside in the last couple weeks? So it looks like they still couldn’t avoid that. There are definitely influencers out there who are worse than she is but it did rub me the wrong way with them coming off as everything was perfect before and during the move. And how she has all these other side projects - the ellaway?? I still have no idea what that name even means, and all I remember is that they used to do “Tarot Tuesday’s“ which was honestly disrespectful to anyone who actually reads Tarot because all they did was read from a book and not even use a spread. And then they switch that to topic Tuesdays, and it seems like they haven’t even been doing lives every Tuesday anyway. She has this page for Stella that she ditched, and then I guess gave up on the fashion line to have a scrunchie line? I get that life happens and lockdown changed a lot But I feel like they always put out these announcements about these huge things that they’re doing and then there’s no follow through and it kind of just fizzles out. I’m still wondering how long the scrunchie business is going to last. I can see fans buying it but honestly I don’t really see anyone who doesn’t follow her or like her buying them. I’m also wondering if they’re still planning on having a kid… that’s probably part of the reason why they moved because they want to start a family but it just seems like it’s going to be a few years before they even get their house together and by then won’t actually already be like 35? And it could still take a while for them to get pregnant. Kind of just feels like another example of them planning things but not really working?

Also very random sidenote but her knees/legs freak me out they’re so skinny!! I forget how skinny she is sometimes because I only see her top half but I remember she got a boob job and every time I see her legs I feel like she’s just a tiny stick with balloon boobs LOL
These users thanked the author bertinabox for the post (total 2):
Perfumista (Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:08 am) • sookies_ (Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:29 am)

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”