Hautebrilliance / Aspyn Ovard

nicolek
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hautebrilliance / Aspyn Ovard

Post by nicolek »

I think thats a little far fetched ^^ Its up to the parents and the upbringing of their children, its also sort of common sense. I knew growing up what my parents financial situation is and what we could and could not do. I watched celebrities and such and I knew that we didn't have the same lifestyle, so I didn't expect the same thing to happen to me when I was older.

I'm a fan of Aspyn, because of her videos. I don't really care too much about her personal life tbh, its fun to gossip about though. I'm not defending her, but it really isn't her fault that others have different financial situation and have different lifestyles. Like they said, we don't know what happens behind the camera, for all we know, she could be paying rent or helping her parents with the bills, my sister did something of a similar sort whens she lived with us,

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

Well, my point wasn't her finances, my point was that everyone acted like she should be canonized for going to college, which changes 0% about the fact that I think her and her videos are annoying as hell and that she therefor doesn't deserve one million subscribers more than other YouTubers.

She also seems a little simple-minded, but hey, that's just me.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

Mimco95
Learner
Learner

Post by Mimco95 »

La Douchette wrote:It's not necessarily a bitterness, I just think that her young tween audience is getting a very unrealistic idea of what your life is at 18/19. They're going to get this idea that you just "get" a car, and can go out and buy pricy food with ease, while being able to make extreme life decisions (like moving to LA) and then give up on that idea consequence free and be back home within 6 days no problemo.
They get no more of an unrealistic picture when they watch shows like Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars or any other 18/19 year old YouTuber. The way YouTubers live is not realistic to anyone who doesn't do YouTube. Every family unit is different and we have no idea how hers really operates.

Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into yourself every night. That is how galaxies are made.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

dazzle wrote:Well, my point wasn't her finances, my point was that everyone acted like she should be canonized for going to college, which changes 0% about the fact that I think her and her videos are annoying as hell and that she therefor doesn't deserve one million subscribers more than other YouTubers.

She also seems a little simple-minded, but hey, that's just me.
IA, and yea, she seems like a bit of an airhead to me, she may get decent grade but I don't think she's in any way smart, she's very...simple, like you said.

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

Mimco95 wrote:
La Douchette wrote:It's not necessarily a bitterness, I just think that her young tween audience is getting a very unrealistic idea of what your life is at 18/19. They're going to get this idea that you just "get" a car, and can go out and buy pricy food with ease, while being able to make extreme life decisions (like moving to LA) and then give up on that idea consequence free and be back home within 6 days no problemo.
They get no more of an unrealistic picture when they watch shows like Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars or any other 18/19 year old YouTuber. The way YouTubers live is not realistic to anyone who doesn't do YouTube. Every family unit is different and we have no idea how hers really operates.
I disagree. I feel like tweens or teens know that Gossip Girl is about rich kids of the Upper East Side and unrealistic. But YouTubers seem more "real" because they are actual people who you could possibly be friends with or know irl. They're not exactly like celebrities.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^Yea, the whole point of youtubers is they are supposed to be relatable.

julxe
Lurker
Lurker

Post by julxe »

completely off topic, but has anyone else noticed the new quality option on her recent videos? "720p60 HD"? the quality is great but it makes the actual video look kind of weird.

bangtaen
Informer
Informer

Post by bangtaen »

I 100% agree that Aspyn is lazy and likely will never be able to/be willing to work a normal job (pretty sure she just wants to be exactly like the shaytards family when she's older).

However, I disagree with this
Of course this isn't realistically what many teens lives are like, but it is what hers is like. She did just get a car, she can just go out and buy pricy food with ease. She vlogs really often and I feel like watching her vlogs and main channel videos lets the viewers know a lot about her. She shows what her life is like and I don't think it's her job to censor it so it doesn't give tweens the wrong idea about life. I hope that makes sense, I just don't think it's fair to say she gives them the wrong idea because she's just showing us her personal daily life.

andromeda
Lurker
Lurker

Post by andromeda »

I wouldn't say that she should be "canonized" for attending university, I do think she deserves the ivrease in subs she has received. As a university student myself, I feel that at least some effort is required to maintain decent grades, regardless of which classes you are taking. In addition, she is uploading quite regularly (two to three videos a week), unlike the LA girls (Claudia included) who post weekly or once every two weeks at most, with videos that clearly would have required at least some effort in terms of filming and editing. the

andromeda
Lurker
Lurker

Post by andromeda »

*Increase

pizzaparties
Informer
Informer

Post by pizzaparties »

If people watch her videos and expect their lives to be exactly the same then maybe they shouldn't be on the internet at all. How dumb would you have to be to believe absolutely everything you see? It's their parents' jobs to set them up with a realistic perspective. They have to set their own goals. Even when reality "hits them in the face", it's not a huge deal. I'm sure they'll get over it.

Aspyn is annoying, but I hope she gets 1 million before all those other girls. I used to like claudia but she's been slacking lately. Lauren and Arden are just idiots with cameras now so I hope people start forgetting about them eventually.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

lol I'm sorry but her co-dependent ass is no better than anyone else, wow, she goes to community college, up your standards.

jenibear105
Talker
Talker

Post by jenibear105 »

Everyone complaining about Aspyn going to college...I really don't get it. If she weren't to go to college, you all would be complaining because she's not. She's at least putting in the effort to do something other than sit around and party like majority of these other "gurus". I don't get where you're all getting she's lazy from either. She puts a TON of effort into her videos while still maintaining college. I agree she can get annoying, but you're all being way to hard on this girl. Nothing she, or any of these girls do will ever be up to anyone's standards. I'm not trying to defend her, in fact I could care less about what this girl does, it just ticks me off watching you all complain about her going to community college, when you all know you would be complaining that she's not doing anything with her life if she weren't.

Caravangho1
Informer
Informer

Post by Caravangho1 »

jenibear105 wrote:Everyone complaining about Aspyn going to college...I really don't get it. If she weren't to go to college, you all would be complaining because she's not. She's at least putting in the effort to do something other than sit around and party like majority of these other "gurus". I don't get where you're all getting she's lazy from either. She puts a TON of effort into her videos while still maintaining college. I agree she can get annoying, but you're all being way to hard on this girl. Nothing she, or any of these girls do will ever be up to anyone's standards. I'm not trying to defend her, in fact I could care less about what this girl does, it just ticks me off watching you all complain about her going to community college, when you all know you would be complaining that she's not doing anything with her life if she weren't.
I know people need to get off their high horses and stop putting people down based on the college they go to..I'm from Ireland and I suppose in a sense community college would be similar to our PLC courses (education system is different but that's as similar as it gets) or maybe just a general arts degree. I wouldn't dream of telling someone they're lazy just because it was their choice to do that course and not pick a different one in a more 'prestigious' college. I know this is a trash a guru forum but I swear some people just leave their common sense/manners behind just because it's the internet and you're anonymous.

TrollDoll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TrollDoll »

didnt she say she wa going in a proper college and not a comunity one?

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

^ I remember her using that as an excuse in her video about moving back home. She said the semester was starting and she didn't want to be taking classes through a community college online for a whole semester if she was going to be moving back home and that's why she moved out of LA so quickly. I find it weird that she could enroll into a regular college this quickly though. Typically you need to be admitted and go through orientation, etc...

kjp_079
Informer
Informer

Post by kjp_079 »

Funny that Aspyn uploaded a DIY Friendsgiving when she really has no friends to do a friendsgiving with......
Also, I don't know why she felt the need to include a hair curling tutorial in it. And why the f### does she straighten her hair just to curl it?? This girl is just begging for her hair to fall off of her head.

ETA: oh just got 5 more seconds into the hair tutorial and it is all because she is getting paid by Nume. Should have known...

bluecoconutx3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bluecoconutx3 »

kjp_079 wrote:Funny that Aspyn uploaded a DIY Friendsgiving when she really has no friends to do a friendsgiving with......
Also, I don't know why she felt the need to include a hair curling tutorial in it. And why the f### does she straighten her hair just to curl it?? This girl is just begging for her hair to fall off of her head.

ETA: oh just got 5 more seconds into the hair tutorial and it is all because she is getting paid by Nume. Should have known...
LOL when she said "Thanksgiving curls" I was like wtf and exited the video. :?

pizzaparties
Informer
Informer

Post by pizzaparties »

parisienne wrote:^ I remember her using that as an excuse in her video about moving back home. She said the semester was starting and she didn't want to be taking classes through a community college online for a whole semester if she was going to be moving back home and that's why she moved out of LA so quickly. I find it weird that she could enroll into a regular college this quickly though. Typically you need to be admitted and go through orientation, etc...
She's at a community college. Anyone can register there- there's no actual application process like traditional colleges. Pretty much every community college lets people register until the day before classes start. But I know some let people enroll the day of or the first week of classes. It's harder to get the classes you want, but since she hasn't declared her major I'm sure she was able to work with it.

It's good that she's at least trying to get some of the general credits out of the way, though. If she at least gets her associates, she'll only have 2-3 years of college left when she decides to declare a specific major and continue school.

pizzaparties
Informer
Informer

Post by pizzaparties »

Caravangho1 wrote:
jenibear105 wrote:Everyone complaining about Aspyn going to college...I really don't get it. If she weren't to go to college, you all would be complaining because she's not. She's at least putting in the effort to do something other than sit around and party like majority of these other "gurus". I don't get where you're all getting she's lazy from either. She puts a TON of effort into her videos while still maintaining college. I agree she can get annoying, but you're all being way to hard on this girl. Nothing she, or any of these girls do will ever be up to anyone's standards. I'm not trying to defend her, in fact I could care less about what this girl does, it just ticks me off watching you all complain about her going to community college, when you all know you would be complaining that she's not doing anything with her life if she weren't.
I know people need to get off their high horses and stop putting people down based on the college they go to..I'm from Ireland and I suppose in a sense community college would be similar to our PLC courses (education system is different but that's as similar as it gets) or maybe just a general arts degree. I wouldn't dream of telling someone they're lazy just because it was their choice to do that course and not pick a different one in a more 'prestigious' college. I know this is a trash a guru forum but I swear some people just leave their common sense/manners behind just because it's the internet and you're anonymous.
That's what frustrates me about these forums sometimes. When there isn't a lot to critique about the youtuber's work ethic, style, personality/whatever, people start bitching about the dumbest things.
At community colleges you can get a 2 year degree or certificates for certain jobs or get your associates/work on some credits before transferring to a regular university. It's not uncommon at all. Lots of people do this when they aren't sure about their major, but don't want to take a gap year OR can't afford 4 year unis right away. The only different thing about community colleges are the class sizes and costs.
I know this because I got my associates at a community college and now I'm at a private university with a $35k tuition :( before, my tuition for an entire semester was less than the cost of one class at this school! LOL

Despite how Aspyn annoys me sometimes, I do admire her work ethic. She puts all the other gurus who film 1 video a week & cry about being "busy" to SHAME. She's doing herself a favor & saving some time by at least working on general classes that transfer to any school for any major.

Return to “Aspyn Ovard”