Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willvlog4attention
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Aspyn UglyDressIHate.html Ovard - Part 14

Post by willvlog4attention »

Aspyn: Talks about how you can buy as many $30 pairs of sunglasses as you want and not have to worry about ruining them (presumably because they're cheap)

Also Aspyn: Complains about Bean wanting her to buy the most expensive soccer ball from Target. I just looked on the Target website and the most expensive ball on there is $35. God forbid you buy something for someone other than yourself.

I realize this is nitpicky but I'm 9 months pregnant and everything irritates me :)

hisshissbich
Informer
Informer

Post by hisshissbich »

ImageFrom Bradley's account. Honestly, can she look more out of place? Honey this isn't a vacation. Leave your dresses at home. Also, the weather in Lima and surrounding areas is only around 60 degrees currently.... my eyes cannot roll enough.

Oscarwilde
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Oscarwilde »

Pinkngreentv wrote:Here is the site : <a class="vglnk" href="https://www.somewheredevine.com/peruexpedition" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>somewheredevine</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>peruexpedition</span></a>

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 5db611.png[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20170719</span><span>/</span><span>c451ba45ba595490dbdad8e3985db611</span><span>.</span><span>png</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

WOW! Why is anyone paying $2500 to "volunteer"?

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

I read an article a few years ago that said volunteers do more harm than help. Like stated above, they devastate the economy and put local people out of jobs while doing subpar work.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Oscarwilde wrote:
Pinkngreentv wrote:Here is the site : <a class="vglnk" href="https://www.somewheredevine.com/peruexpedition" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>somewheredevine</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>peruexpedition</span></a>

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 5db611.png[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20170719</span><span>/</span><span>c451ba45ba595490dbdad8e3985db611</span><span>.</span><span>png</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

WOW! Why is anyone paying $2500 to "volunteer"?
To inflate their egos, and this isn't even directed towards just aspyn, everyone on that trip that looked on there and saw that it would easily cost over $3000 to do 2 hours worth of worth is narcissistic, pretentious, and saw the perfect opportunity to fill their Instagram with "white savior-esque" photos. :roll: all that money and how much of it actually goes to the communities that they're helping? I don't watch Bradly and hailey but it looks like they're running a perfect scam.

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenthegumdrop »

It actually really is disgusting and they feel all superior cause they went and helped. 2 hours of volunteering??? You could do that in one day in your own city/area. Thats so ridiculous.

AubreyGrace251
Talker
Talker

Post by AubreyGrace251 »

I'm really starting to rethink my opinions on the Devine's now :roll:
This is definitely a vacation above anything.

AubreyGrace251
Talker
Talker

Post by AubreyGrace251 »

And I don't have a problem with people going on vacation... just call it what it is. NOT a service trip lol

Pinkngreentv
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkngreentv »

laurenthegumdrop wrote:It actually really is disgusting and they feel all superior cause they went and helped. 2 hours of volunteering??? You could do that in one day in your own city/area. Thats so ridiculous.
What about donating that money Image instead? Or what about "volunteering" at local places in your OWN community or neighboring community? Or ACTUALLY VOLUNTEERING for a full 3-4 days (72 minimum hours) out of the 7 they are there?!

Pinkngreentv
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkngreentv »

AubreyGrace251 wrote:And I don't have a problem with people going on vacation... just call it what it is. NOT a service trip lol
Exactly

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Notice aspyn hasn't even posted any photos with the actual locals they were helping (wonder if she'll even give them a blog post). Sorry aspyn are the impoverished children not aesthetic goals enough to be on your Instagram feed? I try to give aspyn the benefit of doubt, but trying to mask a free vacation (bc I doubt her and Parker paid since they're friends w the devines) look like a charity trip is just beyond disgusting.

Pinkngreentv
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkngreentv »

Lolokwow wrote:Notice aspyn hasn't even posted any photos with the actual locals they were helping (wonder if she'll even give them a blog post). Sorry aspyn are the impoverished children not aesthetic goals enough to be on your Instagram feed? ...
She will probably do one video showing her doing "charity work" but paint the locals clothing in her thumbnail that teal blue color she always does her other thumbnails lol Image

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Pinkngreentv wrote:
Lolokwow wrote:Notice aspyn hasn't even posted any photos with the actual locals they were helping (wonder if she'll even give them a blog post). Sorry aspyn are the impoverished children not aesthetic goals enough to be on your Instagram feed? ...
She will probably do one video showing her doing "charity work" but paint the locals clothing in her thumbnail that teal blue color she always does her other thumbnails lol

She will probably be standing in the corner as she instructs Parker on how to do the work. Let's be honest.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

Oscarwilde wrote:WOW! Why is anyone paying $2500 to "volunteer"?
Not to defend Aspyn, as I stopped watching her videos long ago and just look here for the new gossip ... but for some volunteer services, you do have to pay.

A few years ago, I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity in the Phillippines. I don't remember how much I had to donate, but it was more than $1000. Was there for a week, helping to build houses alongside those who would eventually live in the houses (sweat equity on their part). Part of the money was in part to pay for building materials, and I'm guessing in part to keep HFH going.

Again, I don't know what kind of trip this is that Aspyn's on, but paying to volunteer does happen; and I did it with a seriously legit international organization.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

mustachiolady_
Learner
Learner

Post by mustachiolady_ »

LivingInElysium wrote:
Oscarwilde wrote:WOW! Why is anyone paying $2500 to "volunteer"?
Not to defend Aspyn, as I stopped watching her videos long ago and just look here for the new gossip ... but for some volunteer services, you do have to pay.

A few years ago, I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity in the Phillippines. I don't remember how much I had to donate, but it was more than $1000. Was there for a week, helping to build houses alongside those who would eventually live in the houses (sweat equity on their part). Part of the money was in part to pay for building materials, and I'm guessing in part to keep HFH going.

Again, I don't know what kind of trip this is that Aspyn's on, but paying to volunteer does happen; and I did it with a seriously legit international organization.
yeah but that takes away from the local economy where local carpenters lose jobs so idk how that would benefit anyone except aspyn or her numbers
fight me fangirls

Orangealert
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Orangealert »

Image Girl, one of your eyebrows is trying to run away!

CoffeeAndGrapefruit
Learner
Learner

Post by CoffeeAndGrapefruit »

Did anyone else kind of love the new video with her mom on their vlog channel? I feel like that's the most real/intelligent Aspyn has been in a video in forever. Obviously kind of hypocritical when they were talking so much about people faking being perfect on social media, but still refreshing to see her acknowledging that.

Jju28
Learner
Learner

Post by Jju28 »

So according to her last video (getting ready with Mom) aspyn weighed 118 pounds in her "gained 10-15 pounds" phase in high school...so she's now 103-108? Very unhealthy, that whole video bothered me so much...she and her mom are really damaging to young girls' confidence. Newsflash, you don't have to "eat clean" and be super skinny to be happy. Yes of course taking care of yourself is important but these are not the only ways to do so. That whole conversation rubbed me the wrong way, especially with Meredith foster spewing similar rhetoric...

Orangealert
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Orangealert »

Jju28 wrote:So according to her last video (getting ready with Mom) aspyn weighed 118 pounds in her "gained 10-15 pounds" phase in high school...so she's now 103-108? Very unhealthy, that whole video bothered me so much...she and her mom are really damaging to young girls' confidence. Newsflash, you don't have to "eat clean" and be super skinny to be happy. Yes of course taking care of yourself is important but these are not the only ways to do so. That whole conversation rubbed me the wrong way, especially with Meredith foster spewing similar rhetoric...

While I agree with the whole fake “clean eating” and encouraging girls by the number on the scale, 108 for a girl Aspyn’s size (5’4”) is still in the healthy weight range. She’s no where near Meredith levels and I don’t think we should be telling girls that are “healthy” (yes, I acknowledge there are many factors besides weight to health) that they aren’t

Return to “Aspyn Ovard”