Jen FAQs

frozenhalloweencandy
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jen FAQs

Post by frozenhalloweencandy »

Does anyone know if Jen has upgraded her engagement ring? I was watching an older video of hers and the diamond looks smaller than it does now. Anyone know? I know it's a Tiffany ring but I'm not sure what the carat size is

creativecontent
Learner
Learner

Post by creativecontent »

frozenhalloweencandy wrote:Does anyone know if Jen has upgraded her engagement ring? I was watching an older video of hers and the diamond looks smaller than it does now. Anyone know? I know it's a Tiffany ring but I'm not sure what the carat size is
She hasn't ever mentioned anything to my knowledge. It looks the same to me. Maybe it was just the angle? Or how the light hit it?

pinksims
Learner
Learner

Post by pinksims »

Question: Can someone please explain the whole 'Melissa' thing. Is it a name that Jen refers to herself as, or is it a GG thing? :dunno:

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

this is the video.

[youtube][/youtube]

I forgot about it, but it's a nickname the Rosses have for the female of the family. Jen started to call herself honorary Melissa and it went from there

pinksims
Learner
Learner

Post by pinksims »

lipstick jungle wrote: I forgot about it, but it's a nickname the Rosses have for the female of the family. Jen started to call herself honorary Melissa and it went from there
Thanks for answering lipstick jungle! I'm a bit sad that it's not something more amusing, such as Jen's long lost twin or a name she decided to give herself... :lol:

wimberlyann85
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by wimberlyann85 »

What is her brothers Google +

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

RaraAvis
Learner
Learner

Post by RaraAvis »

Please don't yell at me for not doing my own fact checking first, but can someone explain why this woman is the topic of such heated discussion on this board?

I know nothing about her aside from her video reviews on planners that I've stumbled across. And in all these videos I never see a problem with her attitude. It's hard for a passerby to see why she is so hated. She does seem very organized and her videos look well put together. She comes across as a quiet wife and mom who likes domesticity and being a housewife and wants to share her opinions with the world, and doing it in a demure, quiet and girlish sounding way. In other words, what makes her different from all the other gurus out there?

And this comes as totally random, but can someone tell me when her birthday is? (Month and day?)

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

^^No one hates her, people are fascinated by her. Her original claim to fame (back in 2011/2012) was her organizing videos that were really not that organized when you broke down her methods; a lot of it was just throwing things container store bins and putting them in closets or her basement (go watch her basement organization video, it's literally shelves and shelves of random junk in jumbo sized container store bins). Then she started vlogging and her complete unawareness of her privilege and lack of real problems was astounding and fascinating, combined with her shopping addiction and random routines and special brand of kookiness, her vlogs were entertaining. She used to make videos where she would talk about how exhausted she was by her "busy" schedule, but then she'd contradict herself with things like this to-do list or her endless vacations (literally, she used to leave Chicago almost twice a month to go away on vacation a few years ago). She was the clueless "housewife" that had no idea how good she had it and her vlogs were entertaining because of that, then last year sometime she decided that she was a business woman and changed her whole style (she actually uses the term Pretty Neat Living Headquarters to describe her home office lol) and now she's fairly dull. If you're looking for the reason why she's so big on here, it's because she provides endless moments of entertainment (visit The Winnies threads from a few years ago, they detail some of the most wtf moments). Also, she's barely a housewife or a mom yet (she has maids to clean the house, hires someone to do yardwork and her husband cooks all the meals. She was literally a stay at home do nothing wife for a decade before she got pregnant earlier this year). As I said, no one really hates her, but people watch her because she used to be entertaining and are hoping she'll drop the "career woman" act and go back to being the clueless housewife she was a few years ago.

RETIRED MODERATOR

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

Jen isn't a mom. She is pregnant with her first and has resisted doing the simplest of things for the baby's arrival.

RaraAvis
Learner
Learner

Post by RaraAvis »

DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:^^No one hates her, people are fascinated by her. Her original claim to fame (back in 2011/2012) was her organizing videos that were really not that organized when you broke down her methods; a lot of it was just throwing things container store bins and putting them in closets or her basement (go watch her basement organization video, it's literally shelves and shelves of random junk in jumbo sized container store bins). Then she started vlogging and her complete unawareness of her privilege and lack of real problems was astounding and fascinating, combined with her shopping addiction and random routines and special brand of kookiness, her vlogs were entertaining. She used to make videos where she would talk about how exhausted she was by her "busy" schedule, but then she'd contradict herself with things like this to-do list or her endless vacations (literally, she used to leave Chicago almost twice a month to go away on vacation a few years ago). She was the clueless "housewife" that had no idea how good she had it and her vlogs were entertaining because of that, then last year sometime she decided that she was a business woman and changed her whole style (she actually uses the term Pretty Neat Living Headquarters to describe her home office lol) and now she's fairly dull. If you're looking for the reason why she's so big on here, it's because she provides endless moments of entertainment (visit The Winnies threads from a few years ago, they detail some of the most wtf moments). Also, she's barely a housewife or a mom yet (she has maids to clean the house, hires someone to do yardwork and her husband cooks all the meals. She was literally a stay at home do nothing wife for a decade before she got pregnant earlier this year). As I said, no one really hates her, but people watch her because she used to be entertaining and are hoping she'll drop the "career woman" act and go back to being the clueless housewife she was a few years ago.
Wow thanks for answering my question. So basically she's someone we'd all love to hate? Because even though you say no one hates her, the tone of a lot of the posts here dedicated to her seems decidedly derisive and mocking, so she must have done something to irritate a lot of viewers to get to this level? She is so privileged and yet oblivious and insulated from the rest of the world because her husband is both rich and dotes on her completely?
Has she ever address any of the questions about her weirdness that I'm sure her viewers have asked? I mean I've only seen a few of her videos and I am oozing envy here.

What does her husband do for a living (let me guess, engineering), and how did they meet? Not knowing a single thing about her hubby apart from having seen his picture, he seems so dopey, I can just tell he considers himself the luckiest guy in the world to have bagged a woman so out of his league as Jen.

And I just found out her birthday is in February, so she's an Aquarius, which makes perfect sense, because that sign is known for eccentricity and off-the-wall behavior.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

She says and does some really stupid things that really can't be defended so people get frustrated easily with her.

No one knows the exact reasons as to why she acts the way she does. A lot of it has to do with the fact that no one around her calls her out on it. She describes herself constantly as a five year old. Her husband will literally read her picture books, she has a billion stuffed animals and somewhere in storage she has every American Girl Doll of the year from the past 15-20 years. Her mother seems to call her out every so often and her sister-in-law seems to be over her.

She ignores any and all questions about her craziness. She is aware that people know, she knows about this site and so does her husband. We assume other family members do as well. She was actually called out once on the show Tosh.0 for acting like a baby during one vlog. She addressed it by saying haters gonna hate and changed the subject. Her husband once made a very long drunken video defending her. She herself has never really addressed anything. She acts the way she does and is very unapologetic on camera about it.

Her husband is a trader and currently is working for his father. Jen really isn't out of his league. They both come from money, we don't know how much but neither family is going to be living on the street anytime soon. We aren't really sure if they love each other, if just Don loves her, or what. The relationship is much more father-daughter than husband and wife. He at one point did act like he was head over heals in love with her. Since the Tosh video though less and less. It is all subjective and speculation on that end though.

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

Her birthday is in January.

This is the general reaction to Jen. YMMV:

When it comes to the quirky stuff, people laugh. Like you would at a reality tv star making her craziness public.

When it comes to the annoying but ultimately inconsequential things like lying about sugar or trying to manipulate her viewers, people find her obnoxious. She's a bad actress. Still amusing, but less endearing. In a "Does she know we can see her?" way.

Then there are the occasions where she's proven herself to be a really nasty piece of work. Shown no regard for others, been insensitive. Some of us don't like the things she is saying about her unborn baby or the way she has treated Winnie or her husband. She is cold and extremely selfish, and that has consequences. That's the only time the posts may come cross as hateful In my eyes, but it's still more like disgust. There are specific examples, but they've been covered a million times.

It has nothing to do with money.

marieandme
Learner
Learner

Post by marieandme »

I'm watching some of the Vlogidays videos from 2012 and she mentioned Don had gotten a different job but they will no longer have dental insurance. That really surprises me. I mean he makes big bucks but works for a company that doesn't offer dental? Maybe that's more common than I think?

hardcandy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hardcandy »

I actually really enjoy my daily dose of Jentertainment. This forum makes her more enjoyable in some ways, i.e. that little to do list, I would not have noticed, and it yet this forum brings it to light and I am even more amused :) I don't hate anyone.

*writes eat chocolate on my to do list*

psychoticlikejen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by psychoticlikejen »

I'm not new to Jen, or this site lol, but I just have created an account because there is one major thing I need to get off my chest.

First of all, I began watching Jen a few years ago for her organization videos... that turned into just watching her blogs for pure entertainment. :rofl: Why does/did she refer to herself as a housewife? I consider myself a housewife because, like Jen, I don't have a "job" necessarily, however, unlike Jen, I cook every night, clean every day, do ALL of the grocery shopping & chores around the house, and also take care of our daughter. Jen calls herself a housewife though.. Why? Is a housewife just a wife that lives in a house? LOL. Oh, Jen...

psychoticlikejen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by psychoticlikejen »

I'm not new to Jen, or this site lol, but I just have created an account because there is one major thing I need to get off my chest.

First of all, I began watching Jen a few years ago for her organization videos... that turned into just watching her blogs for pure entertainment. :rofl: Why does/did she refer to herself as a housewife? I consider myself a housewife because, like Jen, I don't have a "job" necessarily, however, unlike Jen, I cook every night, clean every day, do ALL of the grocery shopping & chores around the house, and also take care of our daughter. Jen calls herself a housewife though.. Why? Is a housewife just a wife that lives in a house? LOL. Oh, Jen...

Momoneythansense
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Momoneythansense »

I joined this website for the sole purpose of talking about this woman. I cannot stand her pretentious attitude and how she has more money than God but is so very dumb. Happy trashing! Looking forward to exploring the site more.

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”