PrettyBLANDLivng(LikeJen) Part 73

mariella
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PrettyBLANDLivng(LikeJen) Part 73

Post by mariella »

Athletic Calves wrote:Thanks Flossy. One example that happened in my company is that they have a VERY strict no working from home policy. It is totally antiquated and ridiculous but that is what it is. I have been begging for them to change it for years but the board of directors will not.

I found out that a co-worker was allowed to work from home because his child was home sick from school. What? This seriously made me mad. He should have used vacation or personal time. THAT is the kind of inequality that happens.

Okay, moving on...hopefully we will get some IG pics of the Blogher conference today! I seriously hope Jen takes away some good info.
Studies have actually shown that contrary to populat belief you can work much more efficiently from home. But I guess that won't convince your employers either if they don't want to see the light...

Where I am from though parents get a certain amount of "sick days" if their children are ill and at home until the children have reached the age of 10 or 12 which I believe is fair. But once they have been used up, you have to take vacation days to stay home.

Okay, back on topic:
I hope they both change for the better and I hope Winnie will get a new home because that toddler is gonna pull Winnie's hair so much otherwise.
But a baby is no therapy and I don't think it will make them become nice people. But you know maybe hormones will make Jen be attached to the child enough to love it and care for it. We'll see...

DarlingDear
Debater
Debater

Post by DarlingDear »

She's pregnant? When is she going to find time to pamper herself. He long nightly baths just might come to an end.

DrivingMissWinnie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DrivingMissWinnie »

I noticed that Jen's FB page has gotten an injection of likes since she announced her oven is bursting forth with a bun. It's funny, though, because the number is seriously low still, considering how many she had with the OJ page. Is she waiting to see if she can merge the two? Or will she break out the giveaways once the newness of said bun has worn off?

Flossy, thanks for that video! The whole thing was gold, but that ending.... :rofl:

PPP, I hope you are able to get in a nice vacay to somewhere lovely, soon!

GeneticStubbornness
Learner
Learner

PrettyBLANDLivng(LikeJen) Part 73

Post by GeneticStubbornness »

FLOSSY77 wrote:I'm just saying the work place should be equal. You know? I have seen smokers get breaks that others don't. I have seen men treated differently. Mothers treated differently.
:roll: NO. It's ridiculous. If you want to be a SAHM do it. But if you want to work expect to be treated like everyone else.
I agree the work place should be equal and people shouldn't get better treatment because they're mothers. In the UK we have employment rights legislation which allow parents to take unpaid time off work for emergency childcare problems including illness. Most employers expect you to use your holiday as well. historically working mums were treated unfairly.

What are these parents supposed to do? Just leave the sick child at home on their own or bring them to work with them? Or should mothers only be allowed to work when their kids have left home so there's no risk of others having to help out.

What happens when a non-parent or male colleague goes off sick or on vacation? Doesn't their 'slack' need to be covered too?

I absolutely understand if people get annoyed by seeing mothers (or smokers) getting preferential treatment but if you really feel like it's an issue or you're always covering other people's slack you probably need to take it up within your workplace management.

Personally I was always asked to cover other people's work because I was good. It didn't matter why the other people were off work.

And it pisses me off because attitudes like this make it very difficult for parents (mothers) to participate in the work place.

End of Off Topic rant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

Not even sure how we got onto that topic, but lol, it's never gonna affect Jen, her 'job' is a hobby that makes a little money. She doesn't have to call-in sick, she has no boss, she has no schedule (well she does, but she's a complete slacker), she doesn't even listen to feedback; she wouldn't last a day in a real workplace, especially not being a working mother. I can just imagine it now though, she'll act as if she has all of the stress of a real job and needs a PD because she's so overwhelmed with being a working mother, nevermind that it's all self-imposed stress :rofl: :rofl: Being a 'housewife' was too overwhelming, I can't imagine she'll take motherhood well. Judith better open up an extra afternoon each week, Jen will be needing those sessions come January
I do wish her the best though, because at the end of the day, this is actually real life. There is a real child in this scenario and not just an imaginary friend
RETIRED MODERATOR

WhatDoWeCallThis
Informer
Informer

Post by WhatDoWeCallThis »

Just another perspective on Jen and motherhood--I have a special needs son. He is 17 and will never be able to live independently. He is impulsive, has minimal verbal skills, is strong and persistent. He's also loving, funny and has empathy (usually) for others. We had an easy conception, easy pregnancy and delivery and have no history of special needs members in our family. I never wish anyone to have to go through the difficulty and struggle of raising a special needs child. I don't know how Jen would handle it if her child was anything but perfect. I honestly hope she won't have to find out.

Holidaydressofchoice

Post by Holidaydressofchoice »

I will say something nice. I like the yellow doll room. I hope she keeps the colour. It's bright and cheery. I also like the day bed she had in there.

The office would make more sense though and I truly have no idea how she will fit all that baby stuff in the house. Prepare for her home to look really crowded!

Also Jen will swing between having a perfect baby and having a baby who is more difficult than any baby ever before. She will also tearfully post a video on postpartum wether she had it or not.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

Some people :shock: They hope there's no nonsense, yet they comment some weird thing about knowing and being sure, yet they were completely wrong. They are the wacko in this situation lol. The response though :lol:

RETIRED MODERATOR

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

OMG you guys. the ONE time I don't check this board or youtube for a few days and the announcement of all announcements happens. :lol:

I know I'm late, but....some thoughts

1. did not see that coming. WTF. I truly thought she never wanted kids. nothing she has ever said or done has made me think she wanted them

2. I agree with those that said she greatly exaggerated her fertility "struggle" for sympathy. so so gross and wrong. sure she had the polyps removed...but got pregnant immediately after that. seems like drinking the shag carpet and all of that was unnecessary stalling

3. I was completely unmoved by her crying at the end. however...she did seem genuine. it's just so.....weird. like she never ever made it seem like this is something she wanted...but if she's this happy about it then that's good for the child I guess...

4. reality is going to hit her. hard. someone who had 24/7 to do whatever they wanted required loads of "me time." what is she doing to do when her days are completely filled from morning til night with caring for a baby?

5. I hope she changes for the better...but I have my doubts

6. this kid will absolutely be micromanaged all to hell. I kinda feel sorry for her/him already :?

EagleCreekPackItCube
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by EagleCreekPackItCube »

I am a horrible person and really hope she has a girl. I would love to see the competition. Jen will still have Me Time (Don will watch the baby while she's in the bath with Winnie) and she'll still work out (while Don watches the baby) and take Winnie for walks (while Don watches the baby). They'll still have Date Nite (while Keith and Suzanne watch the baby) and she'll have more excuses as to why she can't produce content because she's just so busy with their bundle of joy. The next year is going to be hilarious and I cannot wait - it will make up for the abysmal year and a half we've had to endure on GG.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

So now that we are mostly over the shock of the baby news, can we discuss if we think they'd be better suited to have a girl or a boy? Neither would have a very strong same sex role model IMO, but I think a boy would have a better chance of turning out normal. Jen's daughter would be destined for eating issues and made to act like a little, prissy, fragile doll around men. We see what Jen does to Winnie's hair, can you imagine the daughter's hair. That is if the girl was genetically blessed to have hair.

JenToneitDown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JenToneitDown »

I think it would be better for baby if they had a boy. If it was a girl it would be compared to Grace's genius :roll: development. I think Jen will lose interest like her other hobbies, and Don would end up being the primary care taker.
Jizzifer Ross ‏@OrganizedJen
My fuckin faves muthafucka!
:toad: :toad: :toad:

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

JenToneitDown wrote:I think it would be better for baby if they had a boy. If it was a girl it would be compared to Grace's genius :roll: development. I think Jen will lose interest like her other hobbies, and Don would end up being the primary care taker.
I also think she would get jealous of a girl. There is only room for one pwitty pwitty pwincess!

DelightfullyDelish
Learner
Learner

Post by DelightfullyDelish »

I've been watching older videos mixed with newer ones, so I might be confused- but wasn't it in a recent video that she was talking about not knowing how "trimesters work" or how many there were, terms for that and such?

I am imagining the selfie stick in the delivery room- ControllingLikeJenn would never allow someone else to videotape it but her.... I am also imagining that the baby will have a much larger head-bow collection than Emelia (if it's a girl).

JenToneitDown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JenToneitDown »

Can you imagine her in the delivery room when the time comes? This coming from a woman that had to go out and buy a special pillow for home and Utah because her neck was hurting her when she slept. This will be the one time she can't "go easy on herself."
Jizzifer Ross ‏@OrganizedJen
My fuckin faves muthafucka!
:toad: :toad: :toad:

GeneticStubbornness
Learner
Learner

Post by GeneticStubbornness »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:So now that we are mostly over the shock of the baby news, can we discuss if we think they'd be better suited to have a girl or a boy? Neither would have a very strong same sex role model IMO, but I think a boy would have a better chance of turning out normal. Jen's daughter would be destined for eating issues and made to act like a little, prissy, fragile doll around men. We see what Jen does to Winnie's hair, can you imagine the daughter's hair. That is if the girl was genetically blessed to have hair.
I'd like her to have a girl purely because she once said (I think) her daughter would have her own separate American Girl dolls. We could soon see the Yellow Doll Room 2.0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I just realized that we are in for at least 5 what's in my hospital bag videos. :o

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

PEOPLE, who is this Don you are all talking about????
That one , you're all saying will take over Jen's parental duties?
- image heavy, so hidden under a spoiler tab -
Don that let Jen built all the furniture for baby Grace when in Utah alone, not even lifting a finger?

This Don who couldn't even notice he was showing his licence place until he was warned and THIS was the best he could do?

The Don that cooks - yes - but like this

THIS DON?

The Don that refuses to help those in need now because it feels like being robbed but in the far future, in case the world comes to an end, he will consider open a soup for the poor?
Kind soul that one. Not only are they poor they have to eat THIS

You give Don too much credit. He seems kinder to Jen - and ONLY Jen - but I doubt he ever walked Winnie on his own because it was late and Jen was "working".
If you have a hard time accepting Jen could change, I don't see why you're so hopeful Don will.

When the baby's crying he'll be at the corner, headphones on, on his Ipad with his VodkaCran, as expected.
To me they both suck.
The difference will be Jen will read and buy ALL the things and then gave up because it's just too much and she gets overwhelmed fast and Don will play it by ear. Not stressing about it.

I hope I am wrong. I do.
But they can afford help if I am right. And I hope they do use it.

I can't imagine what Emilia from the SJ will be like if Anna hasn't hired a nanny - who is always next to her, but taking care of HER kids while Anna talks and jokes and is on her phones.
People are what they are. A kid does not change that.
Just check family vloggers on youtube to know that if nothing else.

LuckyMe
Informer
Informer

Post by LuckyMe »

Oh, I don't know. I just hope the kid loves dirt and is a very very very messy eater. :rofl: It will be fun watching Jen deal with all the insanity that comes with having a child.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

I'm hoping for a girl so she can try to one up Emily and TiffyD at every chance!! Newer, BETTER, stuff.

But for the family's sake, I hope they have a boy. Jen is too fragile to deal with a daughter.

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”