StonerLikeJen Part 67

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: StonerLikeJen Part 67

Post by Fat Shark »

SnubbedbyWorldMarketLikeJen! I laaaaahve that! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Snobbitch »

Now that I have re-read the posts I skimmed:

Since Jen is lazy, she will never realize that her thread was moved to the nonGuru section here. She will probably think her sweet Mister got it shut down ;)

We have a hint as to the rebranding, she slipped up in the conference vlog to proclaim herself a Lifestyle Blogger and then quickly added YouTuber. Problem is that she's not sure what lifestyle she wants to show. The housewife sham is over since she does nothing that most housewives do (cook, clean, child rearing etc). She wants to portray an earthy element with all the organic-Whole Foods-nail polish packaging is wasteful-soy candles are better BS yet she drives an SUV, takes 80 gallon baths daily and flies all over the world.

What she fails to realize is that the lifestyle her viewers want to see is impulse shopper Jen. Target Haul Jen. Backup of backups Jen. Because I had a coupon Jen.

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

So that cream made "her heart sing". :roll: :rofl: I guess that justifies her buying it because it gave her joy. She is a hoarder plain and simple. Trying to buy happiness. :roll: She needs to fire that hack, Judith and get a real therapist. (yeah I know that will never happen but still).

She's ridiculous buying all that junk just because she had a coupon. I had the sephora one too...I let it expire. There will be more. :roll:

I haven't watched or read the World Market thing. Umm yeah, Jen, they are a business with real bidness ladies. They are not going to cater to your narcissistic self. I hope that was a reality check to her. (probably not). Those Barbie pics were so spot on about her. Buy the accessories and pretend for a bit.
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Snobbitch wrote:Now that I have re-read the posts I skimmed:

Since Jen is lazy, she will never realize that her thread was moved to the nonGuru section here. She will probably think her sweet Mister got it shut down ;)

We have a hint as to the rebranding, she slipped up in the conference vlog to proclaim herself a Lifestyle Blogger and then quickly added YouTuber. Problem is that she's not sure what lifestyle she wants to show. The housewife sham is over since she does nothing that most housewives do (cook, clean, child rearing etc). She wants to portray an earthy element with all the organic-Whole Foods-nail polish packaging is wasteful-soy candles are better BS yet she drives an SUV, takes 80 gallon baths daily and flies all over the world.

What she fails to realize is that the lifestyle her viewers want to see is impulse shopper Jen. Target Haul Jen. Backup of backups Jen. Because I had a coupon Jen.
I bet WM was trying to pin her down about her "brand" and she didn't like that. She considered them being skeptical of her just because they asked questions and tried to get information from her about her brand that she could not or did not want to answer.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

^^^^
This. I bet it started fine until she couldn't/wouldn't answer. I bet she gave a 20 minute rebranding speech to the Rep who :roll: at her. Then she ran out to inhale her smart choice cheeseburger.

Holidaydressofchoice

Post by Holidaydressofchoice »

Fat Shark wrote:
Snobbitch wrote:Now that I have re-read the posts I skimmed:

I bet WM was trying to pin her down about her "brand" and she didn't like that. She considered them being skeptical of her just because they asked questions and tried to get information from her about her brand that she could not or did not want to answer.
You nailed it! Jen has no clue what she wants to be and they likely were trying to understand exactly what she does, which really is turning out to be the biggest mystery since the caramilk bar. She's a "lifestyle blogger" who vlogs about rebranding. She vlogs about how much work vlogging is. I would have paid to be in that room during the meeting. I bet it was hilarious.

ReasonableInference
Learner
Learner

Post by ReasonableInference »

allegedly wrote:
tara incognita wrote:Jen may have come up with her own thread title here: "innovative LIKEtoKNOW.it tool like Jen"

Or how about: LIKEtoKNOWitALLlikeJen?
Or just ToolLikeJen. ;)

I suspect her inclusion of "Jenuine" in that post was a super subtle hint at her rebranding. Because, you know, she's an Original Content Creator™ and that pun is extremely clever and has never been used before. The next thread should be called JenuineLikeJen so we can beat her to the punch. :twisted:
Princess LushBomb wrote:Why does she look so shiny in that gif? How about throwing some powder, blotting sheets, mineral veil, something into her walking pharmacy to control that oil. Ugh I'm sure she has all of those items. Lol
All the blotting sheets in the world couldn't clean up that oil spill on her face. I think it's time to send in the National Guard.
Totally has to be JenuineLikeJen for the next thread. I had the same thought.

Also, is anyone going to mention her admonishment of Winnie? I'm not usually a "winnie is so tortured" person," but that poor dog got screeched at for what? Sitting on the floor looking up at Jen or something? She just hauls off and screeches at her and orders her to her bed. She turns back to the camera, readjusts her facial expression and calls Winnie needy. Just.whoa.

JenToneitDown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JenToneitDown »

Yay! I found you guys again.

I love after having her purge she posts a haul.
Jizzifer Ross ‏@OrganizedJen
My fuckin faves muthafucka!
:toad: :toad: :toad:

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

I hope she does plan to use Jenuine in her rebranded name. That would be so very Jen of her.

I think there are some other playful names she should consider. I've been meaning to make jentle happen but keep forgetting. That could be incorporated into many a name. BeJentleWithMe, so at least viewers know what she demands from the start.

SoKindAndJenerous, with her busted, stand-less Christmas tree for an icon.

PleaseJenuflectUponClickingPlay

TalkingBoutMyJeneration.

Maybe a haul channel called JenealogicalDiscoveries.

MyJenreOfChoice

FortunateJenetics. With a flanker channel for the mister -- DovarianLotteryWinner.

You really can run with this all day long.

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by forever »

Elyezabeth wrote:
forever wrote:
Did anyone notice Jen's thread is under "Non-Guru"? Will Jen get offended?? :hee:
I kept refreshing "Trash a Guru" for AGES before finally thinking "Oh, maybe they moved her elsewhere." I figured she'd just gotten misplaced in the chaos of the issues the board seems to have been having lately.

So I guess getting a little camera in your swag is nice but.....I wouldn't have been all that excited to get that stuff? To me the majority of it just looks like cheap somewhat cute crap. Which is of course exactly why Jen loved it.

But I also just want to add again that I would feel SO BAD for her if she actually recognized this as a problem she wanted to correct. I did literally the exact same thing at the one conference I went to so far. I hid in my room, I skipped out on evening social events (although honestly for me part of it was that I really truly DON'T drink, and I wasn't sure how awkward it would be to be completely sober with a bunch of drunk biologists) and stayed in my room. I even ditched the regular afternoon meetings one of the days and went shopping and proceeded to blow almost $200 on some Patagonia stuff on sale in an outdoorsy shop I found. Yeah it was 40% off, but I really didn't need to spend that much money on 5 pieces of clothing when I already have so much workout stuff. I'm well acquainted with the feeling of thinking that something is going to be amazing and you're going to meet people and do awesome stuff, then getting there and not knowing how to approach all the cliquey little groups and then feeling shy and self-conscious. But.....I just felt like shit. I didn't pat myself on the back for staying true to myself. I felt awful that I couldn't manage to be capable of regular human interaction for a few hours a day. And Jen just refuses to really try to improve herself.

EDIT: and is it just me or is it really unprofessional how she talks about ALL OF THIS. Not just the incident with the World Market rep, but the whole point of her social media presence should be to convey an image of herself. And breaking down exactly what she's been told to do as a businessperson makes her pretty much the least effective businessperson ever. I guess her viewers have always typically been more practical housewives than dreamy women who want to escape to the world of pristine white "zen" setups a la pinksofoxy's latest obsession, but as soon as someone starts posting to me about everything that goes on in making their content (not to mention the fact that she posts more about what goes into her content than she posts actual content), that experience of living vicariously and being at the point where you could sell me on things because I'm imagining myself having your covetable lifestyle is gone.
I think we've all been there and felt the same way at least one point of our lives. That's why at the beginning I said I felt really bad for Jen. Then she goes home and writes about how she's pretty much superior than everyone else... So I don't feel too bad for her...

As for the WorldMarket, you can totally tell Jen has never ever been in a serious job interview or any kind of interview/conference. These people from WorldMarket are real "business people" not like Jen's business. You know what I mean. They probably did What the heck was that :scratch: :?: after Jen left the room. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Jen is serious about getting some kind of relationships with legit businesses, she should NOT have written what she did. She is treating her blog like her private diary. Totally unprofessional and unnecessary on her part. She should've just said it wasn't for me instead of saying they didn't make her feel comfortable or something like that. WTF? Seriously? How old are you, Jen? 32? Grow up!! It's a tough world out there.

WHAT is the purpose of a blog? I don't read blogs so I don't really know.

Lastly, it's truly sad and pathetic. Everyone else posted photos of themselves against that wall with friends. Jen's the only one who took a selfie... She couldn't ask anyone to take a photo of her???
Fat Shark wrote:Yay we're back! I'm happier than Ron Swanson at a breakfast buffet!

I've been waiting all day to post some gifs. Image

ETA: I also wanted to add that I don't feel bad for Jen about the conference BECAUSE she's been lying about social anxiety. I'm beginning to think she's a pathological liar. She had cheese and ham soufflé the first night. She just said last week she can't eat cheese. :roll:

Holidaydressofchoice

Post by Holidaydressofchoice »

The one thing that shocked me the most is her sharing how the meeting went. If they were interested in working with Jen they certainly aren't now! Not to mention if other companies were to see that she would be off their list as well. Very VERY unprofessional.

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Honorary Melissa »

Jenuine & Jentle™ by Jennifer Ross
Moto: A Lifestyle Blog for Delicate Sensitive Souls

:lol:

Or Jenuinely Jentle works too!

But I think she's going to incorporate "sharing" for sure :roll: She keeps trying to play it like she's just a normal lady sharing her life and favorite things with her "friends".

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

Snobbitch wrote:Bloody hell!! I could NOT find you guys. I almost tracked Jen down to get some of her anti anxiety drugs that she was CLEARLY on at the beginning of the conference vlog :rofl: (Where are we anyway? I got here by going to my last post :? )

The beauty haul was classic Jen :tu: Ugly top, manic behavior, over the top justifications, and tons of contradictions.

As for thread title, I like the know it all one.

I also suggest

OneInOneOutLikeJen
WallflowerAlertLikeJen
SnubbedByWorldMarketLikeJen
ButIHadACouponLikeJen
I think we are on the other side of the island with nonguru. I blame Jen and rebranding.

We know World Market asked her normal questions that she couldn't answer. What is your blog about? Who is Jennifer Ross. How rude of them!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

The conversation I imagine went down between Jen and World Market.

World Market lady "Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?"

Jen: "My name is Jen and I have a dog Winnie. "*She pulls out that creepy framed photo she got from Framebridge(?) and gazes lovingly at it for several minutes.*

WM lady clears her throat: "So you aren't married?"

Jen: "Oh yeah that guy. I'm married. I think his name is Jon or Ron or something."

WM lady: "What you can bring to the WM brand?"

Jen looks blankly at her.

WM lady: "What is your style?"

Jen: "I do what works for me"

WM lady: "Yes but what kind of style do you gravitate to?"

Jen: "My style"

WM lady is getting annoyed. "We've heard you mention rebranding, can you tell us about what kind of branding you want?"

Jen perks up "Yes! I'm going to be a Lifestyle Blogger."

WM lady: "So you plan on switching over to blogging exclusively?"

Jen: "No."

WM lady: "What kind of Lifestyle will you represent?"

Jen: "Mine"

WM lady: "Well Jen, we are interested in supporting bloggers but I'm not sure this is a good fit for us. WM has a specific aesthetic that you don't seem to represent."

Jen: "I like tea. Send me free tea and I'll talk about you."

The WM people just get up and leave.

"Wait! Aren't you going to give me anything? The Framebridge people gave me this lovely frame." She pulls out creepy frame again and stares lovingly at it again.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

I can’t believe this board went down after Jen finally put up a video/blog post we could snark on.

Random thoughts. I also thought she purposely didn’t eat much at lunch because it was in a group setting and she is the kind of person who feels the need to put on an appearance when it comes to that. I bet she's a closet eater. I also found it odd how the whole vlog had a lot of talk about being hungry and wanting food. Did she go on a bender in those 3 days?? I normally wouldn’t say this about a person who takes themselves out to dinner a nice place when travelling. I’ve done it. But seeing Jen do it…just makes me think just how much she LOVES herself. Only the best will do! I’ve also never seen her show so much interest in the “sights”…she pretended to give a fuck about Dallas and its sights because she just wanted to get away from not fitting in at the conference. She was there for a conference yet decided to focus her time and energy on sight-seeing and 3 course solo dinners instead of networking :roll:

I agree with the person who said she literally only attended the parties to grab the swag. It also sounds like Marnie made an effort to speak to Jen but Jen was too good to make an effort with anyone herself. I’m now wishing Marnie hadn’t been there…what would Jen have done then?

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR – I noticed the “Jenuine” thing too!

I couldn’t believe how she called out World Market for the way their meeting went. She calls herself a business woman?! That was the height of pettiness and unprofessionalism. I wonder exactly what happened at that meeting to give Jen this impression? As we all know she has zero self-awareness, so what cues was she picking on from the rep? I’d love to know!

LuckyMe
Informer
Informer

Post by LuckyMe »

One thing I noticed from the Dallas vlog and the clothing haul is that Jen is constantly out of breath. WTF? It's really distracting.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

It’s apparently spring haul week here on OrganizedJen.com. Yesterday I shared what new beauty goodies I picked up. Today I am showing my recent spring/summer additions to my wardrobe. I’ve already started wearing a lot of these things and absolutely love each piece. I made a list items I wanted to fill some holes in my wardrobe after the major clothing purge I did earlier this spring. In keeping with the Kon Mari method, I made sure to only pick items that truly bring me joy.
I wore many of my new things at the conference I attended in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. I feel that they’re all true reflections of my current style: classic with an emphasis on comfort. I know that I’m not happy in something that feels uncomfortable, either physically or emotionally. I feel joyful and confident wearing each of my recent picks.
Please be advised that some of the links provided are affiliate links and I do receive a small commission if you make a purchase using those links. This does not cost you any extra when you make a purchase. I very much appreciate your support of this blog in doing so!
Anthropologie
Loft & Nordstrom
Target
Zappos
Kendra Scott
I share a closer look and describe each item in more detail in my coordinating video:
[youtube][/youtube]
It’s giveaway time! I recieved a lot of awesome swag at the conference, some of which I am giving away here. The nice folks at Kendra Scott gifted me with a fabulous Rachel Double Ring. I thought it might bring one of you more joy than me so I’m giving it away.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

LuckyMe wrote:One thing I noticed from the Dallas vlog and the clothing haul is that Jen is constantly out of breath. WTF? It's really distracting.
For real! She sounds like a 8 month pregnant woman that just strolled around Target.

I think Jen showed up to all parties exactly when they started. Next time wallflower, go a little late. Less awkward being alone. Let the crowd get a cocktail in them. People are more apt to pick you off the wall.

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

She keeps saying exactly what I knew she would say even before The Purge. That there are holes to fill. This is why purging is a bad idea for people with a certain mindset. They can only see lack. Purge and organize, and what's lacking is even more glaring. Now it's SO obvious that you don't own a charcoal grey bag, only a lighter grey and an off-black. Etc.

But that's why she purged. To feel renewed and free to shop fresh.

I was never able to get into Marnie's videos after seeing her "small pittance" disclaimer. Of all the stuck up, bitchy, egotistical things to say when trying to justify yourself, that takes the cake. So now I'm just waiting for Jen to copy it directly or come up with her own snazzy version. Maybe "I only received a few breadcrumbs for all of the grueling effort".

I've become increasingly fed up with copying. Of vocab words, speaking style, little touches of flair. It's just weird and painfully obvious and not entertaining. Copying is creepy.

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

P.S. Which one of you wrote "We have a haul. The squirrel padded her nest" on the GG blog? :lol:

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”