Tyler Oakley

youtubelover
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tyler Oakley

Post by youtubelover »

I don't think tyler is going to reach his goal of 500,000 dollars for the trevor project. The whole thing doesn't seem to have momentum it did last year.

youtubelover
Debater
Debater

Post by youtubelover »

I don't think tyler is going to reach his goal of 500,000 dollars for the trevor project. The whole thing doesn't seem to have momentum it did last year.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

youtubelover wrote:I don't think tyler is going to reach his goal of 500,000 dollars for the trevor project. The whole thing doesn't seem to have momentum it did last year.
I agree. I was thinking about this recently and it seems like he's been having to push it more and advertise it more. Last year he set the goal fairly low (at the time it wasn't, but it turned out to be) and naturally people donated because it was the first time he held this fundraiser. Now in its second year the whole idea has lost its spark or uniqueness so less people are donating.

Hex
Learner
Learner

Post by Hex »

I think he'll definitely get the $500k, but I kind of feel like he was expecting to get a lot more than that.

Is his podcast any good? I really can't stand him on his own, but his interview with Troye wasn't terrible and I do like his collab month videos for the most part.

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

ItsAndrew wrote:
youtubelover wrote:I don't think tyler is going to reach his goal of 500,000 dollars for the trevor project. The whole thing doesn't seem to have momentum it did last year.
I agree. I was thinking about this recently and it seems like he's been having to push it more and advertise it more. Last year he set the goal fairly low (at the time it wasn't, but it turned out to be) and naturally people donated because it was the first time he held this fundraiser. Now in its second year the whole idea has lost its spark or uniqueness so less people are donating.
I actually feel like he is pushing it a lot less. Last year there were tons of livestreams, this year I haven't seen that many.. He brought people in the livestreams last year (Troye, Marcus..), people watched them and a lot of money was donated during those livestreams. This year, I don't see that much about it, it seems like the novelty has worn off, not only for the fans but also for Tyler? He might still reach it because once he realizes that he needs to push it more in order to reach the goal, he'll think of things to do. Marketing is his forte, so he won't have a problem. He won't let himself NOT reach the goal, that would be considered a 'failure' (even though it is still an insane amount of money)

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

The Internet knows all your secrets

Return to “Tyler Oakley”