Tyler Oakley Part 2

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Re: Tyler Oakley Part 2

Post by rudebintch »

BONTBFW wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:04 pm
Madashley428 wrote:I am so confused how he and other youtubers such as grace helbig, the British youtubers (Nikki, Tanya, Jim, etc) make enough money to keep up their lifestyle when they get barely any views like the amount of views can’t possibly create enough adsense for them to be able to live extravagantly
Their lives don’t rely on adsense
I'm not sure either. He has the podcast but that seems to be flopping just like his channel. According to Soundcloud, the last episode of 2017 got 17K listens, then the first episode they did after their 7 month break got 5.5k listens and it's been steadily plummeting since then. Now they barely get a few hundred listens per episode. Obviously the bulk of their listeners don't listen on Soundcloud, but the trends are probably the same on other platforms. Companies that do sponsorships for podcasts with barely 700 listeners probably don't pay much.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BONTBFW »

rudebintch wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:04 pm
Madashley428 wrote:I am so confused how he and other youtubers such as grace helbig, the British youtubers (Nikki, Tanya, Jim, etc) make enough money to keep up their lifestyle when they get barely any views like the amount of views can’t possibly create enough adsense for them to be able to live extravagantly
Their lives don’t rely on adsense
I'm not sure either. He has the podcast but that seems to be flopping just like his channel. According to Soundcloud, the last episode of 2017 got 17K listens, then the first episode they did after their 7 month break got 5.5k listens and it's been steadily plummeting since then. Now they barely get a few hundred listens per episode. Obviously the bulk of their listeners don't listen on Soundcloud, but the trends are probably the same on other platforms. Companies that do sponsorships for podcasts with barely 700 listeners probably don't pay much.
Tyler made a shit load of money in the past he is most likely already set for a long time unless he fucked it. His Instagram still does decent and if he had to he could easily live off it atm. I’d also be shocked if Tyler doesn’t have any side business that are generating money for him.

plantsandstuff
Learner
Learner

Post by plantsandstuff »

following

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

just wondering if he's still with his boyfriend ...

sto
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sto »

Frenchlurker wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:05 pm
just wondering if he's still with his boyfriend ...
I just watched his latest video where he goes to see a psychic and he says he's single. I wonder why they broke up.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

no clue why they broke up, but he's been spotted on grindr already
The Internet knows all your secrets

remlosha0515
Informer
Informer

Post by remlosha0515 »

illegal_mind wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:59 am
Bless you for having this info. I've been wondering for WEEKS if/why they broke up.... they were so good together!

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

illegal_mind wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:59 am
I think Tyler is that type of guy to still keep Grindr on his phone even when he's in a relationship. Maybe his boyfriend wanted more exclusivity but Tyler still wanted to fuck around?

hornyoncampus
Stalker
Stalker

Post by hornyoncampus »

I think I met Tyler Oakley in San Francisco in either 2011 or 2012. He was dating this guy who worked at Google while Tyler attended some college in Michigan. I just found out that he is a YouTuber. I went back to 2011 and 2012 but he does not have any videos with that guy in them. Does anyone here know about his college ex boyfriend?

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

hornyoncampus wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:10 pm
I think I met Tyler Oakley in San Francisco in either 2011 or 2012. He was dating this guy who worked at Google while Tyler attended some college in Michigan. I just found out that he is a YouTuber. I went back to 2011 and 2012 but he does not have any videos with that guy in them. Does anyone here know about his college ex boyfriend?
Now, I haven't watched a Tyler video is years, so this is very outdated, but he only did videos with one boyfriend, that I recall. They went to Thailand together and the boy friend was in his Thailand vlog, and up until a few months ago, I followed him on IG and twitter. I can't find him on either, anymore. He either deleted or went private and purged.

Side note: I appreciate the level of thirst to create an account with that kind of handle :rofl:

erinswife
Learner
Learner

Post by erinswife »

i know this thread is pretty much dead but Tyler recently "called out" Ellen on twitter and I was wondering if there was any tea regarding the show he had on her channel ? it kinda flopped and i guess he feels like he doesnt owe her anything anymore so maybe his opinion of her just changed over time but do we know if something more happened ? im just nosy

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

erinswife wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:54 am
i know this thread is pretty much dead but Tyler recently "called out" Ellen on twitter and I was wondering if there was any tea regarding the show he had on her channel ? it kinda flopped and i guess he feels like he doesnt owe her anything anymore so maybe his opinion of her just changed over time but do we know if something more happened ? im just nosy
i dont know what he said but hes likely just bitter that he didnt make it in hollywood

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

ellen turned out to be the typical rich white old person.
she has been receiving backlash for hanging out with the likes of george w bush, even missing a "friend's" birthday party to be at a game with bush.
you can look into it more in depth by googling about it, and seeing her excuses for it. but after that twitter, and the lgbt community have sorta parted ways with her, because they realize she's no different than gay republicans, basically sleeping with the enemy and betraying their kind. and that at the end of the day she's just another rich white hollywood person full of privilege that puts connections over morals
The Internet knows all your secrets

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

erinswife wrote:
what did Tyler say about Ellen?

erinswife
Learner
Learner

Post by erinswife »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 am
erinswife wrote:
what did Tyler say about Ellen?

nothing too shady either but its clear Ellen is « cancelled » in his book

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Ellen doesn't give a shit about Tyler. He was making her money and Elle lives in a mansion,doesn't need Tyler for views and exposure.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Return to “Tyler Oakley”