MaryMakingIt - Part 15 - Definitely Not SuperMaryFace

hendrix_
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MaryMakingIt - Part 15 - Definitely Not SuperMaryFace

Post by hendrix_ »

I get the feeling that the “I’m not showing the kids anymore, sharing them is bizarre” statement is a facade, put up in part because of the snakes. She’s trying to rationalise hiding their lives to avoid explaining, and so avoid criticism. But they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place - can’t make money without using the kids for views and sharing their lives (particularly for the patreon). So she’ll have to address the snakes issue at some point seeing as she painted herself as an expert.
I think it would show maturity and responsibility if Mary sat down and directly said that they were in over their heads with so many snakes and when they got sick it spiralled out of control. Be honest and let your viewers learn something from your mistakes, Mary.

Another moment to cherish in the vlog, I had a chance to watch the end - Mary shows her belly and Ken says “ew” :roll: He mentions that the baby will be in their room at first so he guesses he’ll just have to find somewhere else to sleep so he can get some rest, he laughs as if it’s a joke?? Mary says well, Layla sleeps so well that I’ll only need a lot of help in the mornings. He says well I stream in the mornings so I don’t know what you’re going to do about that! And says, fathers just don’t have the same hormones or something or other nonsense to be able to get up all night to a baby, so he just can’t be expected to help! :x

Ken, let me help you out here. What you should have said is, “It’s going to be tough in the beginning with a new baby but we’ll get through it together, get up together or take turns. Layla sleeps well now but she’s very young and that could change at any moment, so I’ll be ready to help more with her so you can rest with the baby.”

When I had babies my husband used to get up with me when I was breastfeeding in the middle of the night, get me a drink, rearrange pillows, change nappies - even if I didn’t ask for anything he’d just wake up to check. We’d take turns getting up and rocking them to sleep. He’d do that all through the night and then he’d actually wake up at 5am, leave the house to go to work and come home and still contribute because that’s what being a parent and a partner is. You don’t clock off. You tackle the challenging times as a team!

I honestly hope he exaggerates this nonsense for the camera and is actually much more supportive as a husband and parent but that’s probably wishful thinking.

Now I should probably quit with the frustrated essays about these two while I’ve been ill and bedridden and think of something happier lol :D

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

It really bothered me to hear Ken be so dismissive about the care for the baby. It's his child too. I really think fathers should do their best to help even if they don't have a lot of feelings for the baby, like at least do it for your wife...
It surprises me that Mary just accepts this. I mean we all know he really doesn't bother with the baby care or the household. I'm guessing they are just performing traditional roles. Mary takes care of the kids and Ken puts money on the table. If this arrangement makes them happy, so be it. It's just something I didn't expect of feminist Mary and it even makes me feel kind of bad for her. She says that Layla is a very good sleeper, but what if Layla gets sick or she starts not wanting to go to bed? So much could happen, I can only imagine how hard it will be at times. I think the consequences of her decision to have another baby so quickly will hit her sooner than later. Luckily she's not alone and Ken's parents can help. But there's no way she can depend on him.

Post by Guest »

nineteenninety3 wrote:How can she say they aren't showing their kids on camera then literally the next day there's a family vlog full of Layla posted?! Can you spell hypocrite Mary?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yeah and next time it would be nice if they don’t show her in the bath for half the damn video. Nobody normal wants to watch a baby in the bath. Boring! Maybe it would of been more entertaining if they talked more? But that’s probably the only times they talked to each other during those days when ken came in to exploit his child for money. I also noticed ken didn’t compliment meery when she was fishing for compliments saying “ oh no there’s no flattering angle I’m huge etc etc” must be horrible for your husband to never compliment or reassure you. Also how he talks about the baby is like a parent tells a kid “you wanted this pet now you’re gonna take care of it it’s not my responsibility” he acts like he’s in the military or a job that takes him away from them for months, he needs to realize how cushy his life is.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'm honestly 99% sure that part of the reason why Mary's suddenly all about that "don't want to exploit the kids" is because another YT/Twitch couple that they know quite well had their baby in April and were very vocal from day 1 about how filming your kid all the time is gross and constantly shoving a camera in your child's face is exploitative and wrong :lol: it's Dodger/Dexbonus and Sam... Dodger and Ken were connected through Maker and they did do a few videos together (also when Ken and Mary were still in LA), also in one of Mary's earliest videos she mentions going on a double date with them - and they have interacted a bit on social media since so it's kind of awkard when you know they know each other, and each other's content, and Dodger's on stream like "filming your child all the time is gross" :lol: can't disagree with her.

Mary seemed to understand it when she was still pregnant with Layler (I heard her say on a stream myself that there is a difference between your child appearing in vlogs or just straight up filming your child).

Now suddenly it's either "we're vlogging and 50%+ of it is zoom ins of Layler" or "we're not vlogging at all because Layler". Mary you do realize you can film things other than your child, yes?
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

um sorry to make it about the kids, but I feel so sorry for Layla and the other kid(s) to come? Like if Ken treats them how he talks about them and and if Mary treats them how she treats their fans, then those poor kids will grow up in a extremely disfunctional family, and they'll have an aweful childhood - stuck in the middle of nowhere, with two lazy parents who constantly fight (because I bet that's what Mary and Ken are doing all the time) and have no work, a father who neglects them and a mother that doesn't do anything but complain and be agressive.
I wonder the same thing as oliver does, how Mary can accept Kens opinion? Did they ever talk about this? I remember Mary talking about her taking care of others, but I can't imagine how anyone can just take this? Ken honestly disgusts me. It seems like he just wanted a sexy young girlfriend and now he can't get rid of her after she gave him what he didn't want - kids and responsibility.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Part of me thinks Mary likes it this way. It's all speculation but I don't think anything worked out the way she originally wanted and the love she feels for her children (disfunctional as she is) to her is such a step up from where she was before she had them that she could care less how Ken deals with it as long as she can do what she wants to feel better and he is around to keep up the appearance of her having everything she wants.

Can't say I'd care an awful lot about my hubby's opinions or standards anymore if he got my pets killed out of sheer laziness, either, to be perfectly honest. He could go on camera saying the sky was green and Mary was a giraffe and Mary probably wouldn't care until people started questioning her specifically about HER choices.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

PupPerfect
Learner
Learner

Post by PupPerfect »

Mary posted a story on Instagram of her walking on the treadmill at 4 am. She says it's not to induce labour ( but if it happens, it happen ), but because she has bad insomnia and all these hormones that make it so she can't sit still. She's due NYE and said in a comment that she hopes the baby doesn't arrive early because she wants there to be enough time between Christmas and his Birthday. You would think she would try to avoid things that could induce labour and put her energy into something else :roll:

I have a feeling that even though she said she doesn't want a Christmas baby, she might actually go into labour on Christmas day. I know her fans will love that, a Starwars baby and a Christmas baby

Post by Guest »

I feel like she wants a Christmas baby. She lies about everything.

Post by Guest »

Snowknight wrote:I feel like she wants a Christmas baby. She lies about everything.
I hope she doesn't force herself into labor again

Also, happy holidays everyone!

Post by Guest »

Ken can’t even make a real effort to use a real camera for these vlogs. I’d think you’d want it to look good for Layla if she were to watch it when she’s older but nah the weird distortion and dark video is good enough.

YouCantMakeMe
Learner
Learner

Post by YouCantMakeMe »

I thought they weren't filming layla anymore???

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

Mary doesn't want to exploit Layla but if it's Ken filming her it's totally okay guyz. It wasn't her plan! She's totally against filming her child for ad revenue and patreon money!

Also baby should be born today or tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly. But seriously Mary if you need painkillers just take them, no need to act tough.

Post by Guest »

i just noticed ken has a second channel so I was interested in what Mary’s first appearance was like she hid her face and wouldn’t look at the camera. How long did it take before she had her boobs on full display though? Not long. Very strange. He also has a video called something like pachyderm crossing and it’s got him at a restaurant filming two ladies from behind and one is wearing the shirt that says it on it and he says I thought that was funny. Is he making fun of people?

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

Baby update: Ken tweeted they are at the hospital. It’s not officially baby time just yet but are on baby watch. Maybe this baby will happen naturally as intended or maybe Mary will induce labour again so she can have a New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day baby.
:cuted:

womp_womp
Learner
Learner

Post by womp_womp »

Baby has arrived! I will say that in the last vlog, Layler is so freaking adorable. It also seems like Ken has come around somewhat to being a dad, although moreso in the way of a playmate instead of an actual parenting partner for Mary. Either way. Mazel tov on #2, I do wonder if they're actually committing to Raphael :?

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

Well then, baby R arrived a day before New Year’s Eve! I guess the birth happened naturally after all, as it should. Criticism aside he’s a cute little baby, so congrats Ken and Mary. Now please do what’s right and don’t exploit your new baby for views like you said... Spend time with your baby instead of shoving a camera in front of him.
Last edited by Chibi Mooncat on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
:cuted:

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

I think ken hates the infant phase. Perhaps he enjoys the interaction of the toddler phase...but as Mary's roommate and not a father.

I wonder if itll be different for him with a boy..

After this one, i think mary should consider stopping at 2, or at least backing off for 3 or more years.
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Remember how she said she wanted 4-5 kids? Welp! It's off to a great start! :tu:

Otter452
Talker
Talker

Post by Otter452 »

I feel so sorry for Mary after watching today’s vlog. Ken is a pig. To speak to his wife like he did (on camera) whilst she is at her most vulnerable is disgusting.

Equally, I feel sorry for Mary that she feels the need to prove herself by doing it all natural. There is no shame in taking the drugs. You’re pushing a human out a rather small area, do it how you want, not how you feel pressured to do.

ameyuki
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ameyuki »

Ken is disgusting. After seeing how he’s progressed with Layla, I was really hoping his attitude was improving over all. But really? Saying “suck it up” while your wife is in labour?

Mary really had no idea what she was getting herself into. Now I fear she’s in too deep. :? I really do wish her well.

Return to “MaryMakingIt”