SuperMaryFace

Anonimal
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SuperMaryFace

Post by Anonimal »

So I hadn't seen a topic about SuperMaryFace, and I figured I would make one. I've just recently discovered her, and I think her channel is relatively new anyway. I really love her online haul videos, and her editing overall is really nice. She's also really consistent, and she always uploads on time. I think the only thing I don't like is she can get a little bit too defensive in comments, but she seems pretty nice overall. Does anyone else watch her?

Asuna
Learner
Learner

Re: SuperMaryFace

Post by Asuna »

I've watched her. I first saw her cosplay boob tutorial (her most popular video).
I agree, she does get defensive in the comments.
I think she's dating ken (cinnamon toast ken).

I kind of wonder if her boobs are real.

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

Asuna wrote:I've watched her. I first saw her cosplay boob tutorial (her most popular video).
I agree, she does get defensive in the comments.
I think she's dating ken (cinnamon toast ken).

I kind of wonder if her boobs are real.

Yes, she's dating him.

I've wondered that, too...

Dominika
Learner
Learner

Post by Dominika »

I would like her if she wasnt a attention whore

PARKBOM
Learner
Learner

Post by PARKBOM »

I like her, but she relies on her sexuality too much

i.e. showing off her boobs and ass to gain the male followers of her boyfriend cinnamontoastken
and thats honestly how she got popular so fast is because he promoted her and all his subbies wanted to check her out
i think he even works with pewdiepie

bananaboat
Learner
Learner

Post by bananaboat »

This girl does a boob tutorial so we know how she gets them like that, but then she now seems to feel she has to have them like that all the time? Sigh.

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

PARKBOM wrote:I like her, but she relies on her sexuality too much

i.e. showing off her boobs and ass to gain the male followers of her boyfriend cinnamontoastken
and thats honestly how she got popular so fast is because he promoted her and all his subbies wanted to check her out
i think he even works with pewdiepie
I get a bit uncomfortable with that, to be honest. I understand trying on clothing (even if it's revealing) to show people how it fits and being confident in the way you look, but the way she poses exaggerates her boobs and butt so much that it's distracting from the fit of the clothes.

MakeupQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupQueen »

yeah i think she flaunts herself too much.
It makes me feel uncomfortable. Her personality is a bit blah as well

wondergummiworm
Learner
Learner

Post by wondergummiworm »

Has anyone watched her new Sailor Mars tutorial? I think she looked great but wouldn't the whole thing be more effective if had an actual costume as opposed to the "PJ's" she wore in the vid? And who wears a bra with underwire as pyjamas?! It seems dreadfully uncomfortable...

Dominika
Learner
Learner

Post by Dominika »

She does cosplay because she wants to show of her body. None of the cosplays have actual costumes. Just look at the poison ivy cosplay. She barely has abything on.
It would be better if she actually had that stomach from working out and being healthy. But she uses body modification to get that stomac, thats way it looks so weird.

supermaryfan1
Talker
Talker

Post by supermaryfan1 »

Yay! I was looking for a thread like this.

Yeah I'm obviously a fan of Mary. She's an incredible person. She writes long responses to people on tumblr every single day and she's helped me A LOT with my own personal issues with confidence and depression.

I don't get why people don't like the fact that she is defensive and strong willed. She went from being no one to being well known super quickly so it's pretty obvious that is something that takes a while to get used to. She is very real so it's not like she'll just snap into some fake persona and not care what people say about her. Insults are gonna hurt her because it's the real her.

She made her channel cause we (her tumblr fans) asked her too. We asked for the boobs tutorial video and we asked for her to do hauls and stuff. She listens to us and cares about us. Honestly she's just so fucking nice but she doesn't let herself get walked all over and I wish I was like that.

Her body is her body, she wears clothing that she likes. How on earth does that make her a whore?? If other people choose to sexualise her that is their choice, not hers. She's been with Ken for more than a year (they dated in secret online for ages before he even first mentioned her) and before that she only had one other boyfriend who she was with for like five years. I've seen people ask her about how she feels about causal sex and stuff and she is always so supportive of women's rights to owning their own bodies and having consensual sex with whoever they want to, but she's said like a billion times that she's too much of a romantic and that all she wants in life is to marry the man of her dreams (and I actually think that they are already engaged cause she wears an engagement ring in the kenvlogs). She always talks about love and healthy relationships and it's pretty clear from how she speaks about it that she isn't someone who sleeps around.

As for saying her stomach is unnatural or modified or whatever she posted one photo in her corset then when asked about it later on tumblr she said she chose not to go through with the mod. Also waist training takes literally years to change a person's shape, you think she managed to give herself an unnatural waist by wearing it for like a week or something? You have to be joking. Plus she did modelling for like years before she even bought the corset. There's photos of her modelling when she was 16. You really think she had an "unnatural" waist back then?

She makes all her own cosplays. If you follow her tumblr, twitter or instagram you'd know that. She said the tutorials for the poison ivy cosplays will go up later next month. She always uploads on time, always answered questions and replies to so many comments. I've sent her fanart in the past that was crap but she still reblogged it and even put it on her fb page. She always has time for her fans.
Also assuming she cosplays because she wants to "show off" rather than because she's a total nerd is pretty stupid too. Like why would she be dating someone who plays video games for a living if she didn't like games?

Idk but she is without a doubt the most genuine and kindest youtubers and people I've ever spoken to. I messaged her once being upset that I couldn't go to the con she was going to and she was so lovely and said next time she goes to a convention she'll personally let me know so I'd have time to save up and buy tickets. There's even some fans/followers that I know she has on skype and stuff and that she talks to whenever they need her. I dont' have her on skype cause I"m too nervous to ask haha

But yeah, I'm glad she's getting more popular. She said she wasn't going to continue making the vids unless we wanted them because she literally does it all for us. She is so considerate of other people and their feelings, so body positive and she isn't going to change how she dresses because if she did that would be like sending the message out that eveyrone should dress rather than wearing clothes they like. People always comment that she is stupid and stuff but she's smarter than like anyone I've ever met. She has a double degree.

Anyway that was super rambly, but I just love her so much haha :love2:

MakeupQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupQueen »

I personally feel she's as fake as can be.

Her youtube channel is made to just show off her body and tits. Thats all she does. And her fake tits look horrible.
She'll do a makeup tutorial and be licking her lips sexually or she'll do a clothing haul and be trying to show off her average ass.

supermaryfan1
Talker
Talker

Post by supermaryfan1 »

MakeupQueen wrote:I personally feel she's as fake as can be.

Her youtube channel is made to just show off her body and tits. Thats all she does. And her fake tits look horrible.
She'll do a makeup tutorial and be licking her lips sexually or she'll do a clothing haul and be trying to show off her average ass.
idk if her boobs are fake or not but they look amazing imo. What do you think is horrible about them? They look like they're literally perfect for her hip size so her body is very well proportioned.

I don't think I've ever seen her "lick her lips sexually". Do you have like a video or something showing her doing that?

I think everyone's quick to jump on the "fake" bandwagon because of how she likes to dress, like clothing is what makes a person real or not? I didn't like her when I first saw her with Ken because she's super pretty and I always used to assume pretty people are bitches, but when I actually started listening to what she was saying rather than judging her on how she looks that changed pretty quickly.

wondergummiworm
Learner
Learner

Post by wondergummiworm »

Not that it matters whether her breasts are real or not, however...

They look quite big for her frame, which leads me to believe that they aren't. In addition, if you look at her in a bathing suit (she's done hauls from inexpensive websites that include swim suits before), her breats look like they get a ton of lift from swim wear that doesn't have underwire or padding.

But as supermaryfan1 said, they do look great.

MakeupQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupQueen »

I think her breasts look absolutely terrible. It looks like a bad boob job to me. They look like bolt ons. She'd look so much better without the terrible boob job :(

supermaryfan1
Talker
Talker

Post by supermaryfan1 »

MakeupQueen wrote:I think her breasts look absolutely terrible. It looks like a bad boob job to me. They look like bolt ons. She'd look so much better without the terrible boob job :(
But that's the only thing though, you don't like her body or what she wears, I still don't get how that makes her as a person "fake" haha
Even if she was hideously ugly and totally plastic she's still incredibly honest and genuinely nice in all her videos, which is far more important to me than how she looks.

MakeupQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupQueen »

How can she claim her tits are real....lol... They look faker than Jessica's Nigri

supermaryfan1
Talker
Talker

Post by supermaryfan1 »

^^ lol they probably are fake, and nigri's are too, I think it's just one of the things cosplay models like the look of. Big fake boobs make them look more like the characters. I haven't seen her address the question one way or the other

Fake tits or not, I'm still a fan. You're welcome to hate her for how she looks/what she wears if that's what you wanna do. I'm more bothered about things youtubers actually say or do rather than how they dress themselves.

On another note, anyone else notice the engagement ring? She doesn't wear it in every video, but she has been in all the recent vlogs. She talks about being home sick a lot, missing her family and friends. I sometimes think Ken doesn't deserve her tbh.

Nimu Nimu

Post by Nimu Nimu »

Goodness, I knew she reminded me of someone! She's a non-Canadian Jessica Nigiri!

A friend got me watching Mary when she uploaded her first Dresslink haul (because we both loved Black Milk Clothing but we're also on a tight budget), but recently I've become...conflicted about Mary, while my friend outright stopped watching her.

On one hand, I really appreciate that she does some legitimately cheap and honest haul reviews. Her idea of "cheap" isn't $100 or less like some YouTubers, and she actually styles the clothes and talks about the material instead of just holding them up to the light. You can definitely tell she puts effort into her videos; her vids have better quality than some people who have been doing YouTube for going on three years now. I love that she's body positive, and doesn't take crap from anybody regarding her, her body, or her relationship with her boyfriend.

But on the other hand, the breadth of her defensiveness definitely earns her some major side eye. I understand and totally support her blocking some of the comments she gets (because slut shaming a woman, especially just based off the way she dresses, is never justified to me), but it's pretty obvious she deletes anything remotely critical of her, unless it's so amazingly ridiculous she can easily make it into a joke. Seriously. On one of her hauls, someone asked her how much she weighed...to which is went on this rant about how they were being nosey and her weight had nothing to do with her clothing size...although every online size chart lists recommended weights with their sizes. I rolled my eyes so hard the moon shifted.

Also, if you're going to go into the Jessica Nigri and Yaya Han Schools of Barely There Cosplay, you gotta find your footing and reply to reasonable criticism in a reasonable way. You better believe criticizing conventional beauty standards while clearly benefiting very, very well from them will win you some judgement. It's truly no one's business if she has breast implants (seriously though: anyone with naturally large breasts know those suckers don't sit up & out like they're on an invisible shelf, especially in a swimsuit with NO lining), but she should still be able to understand why her whole "Everyone is beautiful!" message gets lost on some of her viewers.

tl;dr: My major issue with Mary isn't how she dresses. Her dancing around nearly naked in videos certainly gets annoying, but my main beef is that her defensiveness just comes off as both ignorance and arrogance at times. She seems like a wonderful woman, and I would never disregard the impact she made on someone's lives (even though she is by no means the first YouTuber who has preached confidence). She's just not my cup of tea.

supermaryfan1
Talker
Talker

Post by supermaryfan1 »

Yeah I agree that she's bad at taking criticism. She's only been doing this for six months though, she's not going to be a pro at handling negativity straight away. Whenever anyone asks her how to deal with bullies on tumblr she always says to "block, report, delete then never think about them again" but perhaps she just takes that too seriously.

Return to “MaryMakingIt”