Lush

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Lush

Post by SallyCinnamon »

Lush started out as Cosmetics To Go, I grew up in the town they had their first (and maybe only) shop in. So it was amazing to see this tiny British company suddenly mushroom into something so big, but I'm not into their products anymore. The soap is drying, the bath bombs either irritate my skin or clog my drain, and their makeup line is just weird. Their skincare is okay, but I think with almost any of their products you could shop around and find it for much cheaper.

Post by Guest »

I like the bubble bars, the face masks and Roots conditioner. Angels On Bare Skin did wonders for my skin but is quite expensive!
I think some of the bath bombs are overrated and a waste of money (in particular Butterball, Space Girl and Granny Takes A Dip) as they do nothing for my skin or the bath (the latter two just made my bath a browny-purple colour and smelled of nothing; Butterball did nothing for me at all even though I know it's quite popular)

I agree about going into the Lush stores. I find it very awkward and uncomfortable.
I feel like the staff pressure me into buying more things, especially when I get to the check out. Although it's the same with The Body Shop (that is worse because the products are way more expensive).

EDIT: I forgot to add about the shampoo bars! I have tried two - New and Trichomania. Neither of them were anything to write home about. I was thinking about trying some of the others, though.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Chlorophyll »

ilovepuggles wrote:Angels On Bare Skin did wonders for my skin but is quite expensive!
You could buy some almond flour, glycerin, and dried clay powder from a health food store and make yourself a dupe! You could fragrance it with some vanilla or other food extract so you wouldn't have to spend all that money for expensive essential oils. I used to dupe their herbalism recipe before I got into oil cleansing. You just have to mix and experiment to get the right texture for your skin. Plus anything that contains 40% glycerin is self-preserving.

I know that was a lot of info. I'm just giving you ideas. LOL.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

emmablackery
Lurker
Lurker

Post by emmablackery »

BornThisWay94 wrote:
mp1416 wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:LUSH products literally saved my skin. I've suffered with acne since I was about 12, so going on 9 years now and when I say that I tried everything, I mean I literally tried everything and none of it worked and if it did, it would clear a little bit of my acne and then it'd always come back stronger.

Started using LUSH products around 2013 and that's when I noticed a huge difference in my skin. Not only was the acne going away, but my skins texture was also getting better and was velvet soft. Suddenly I became the one in my circle of friends who had "flawless skin" when I was always the one with pimples. I haven't broken out in months now, it's rare when I breakout these days unless it's right around my period which is normal. I'll get the occasional pimple, but they usually go away within a week or less :D All thanks to my LUSH products.
What do you use :)?

Right now I'm using Angels On Bare Skin in the morning and Herbalism at night. I also use their Tea Tree Water toner once a day (Twice if I've worn a lot of makeup that day).
I use Ultrabland and Vanishing Cream moisturiser every night, and the Rosy Cheeks mask once a week! I've never tried their toner water or tabs. I've been told that they're not as good as some drug store toners.

bluehawaii19
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluehawaii19 »

Lush to me is a hit or miss. Some of their products I love and some I dislike or feel indifferent about.

All of my favourites have been discontinued over the years (Vanilla in the Mist, Abombinaball, and Heavenilli).
I have tried a couple of their shampoo bars (Jumping Juniper which smelled good but did nothing for my oily scalp and currently trying out Seanik but hasn't helped make my hair voluminous and if I use in a row, it makes my hair oily so disappointed with this).

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I think LUSH is the most overrated store ever that has this niche/cool vibe because of all the youtubers that push it.
Their products are pretty overpriced for what they are. While they smell nice and are cute as shit, seriously, they just aren't worth it.
I tried some of their soaps and masks and wasn't blown away.

I'm from AUS if that makes a difference to any of my opinions.

Post by Guest »

Buche De Noel (face/body cleanser) - I adore this, shame it's only available at Christmas
Santa's Lip Scrub - nice, but nothing special
Skin Drink - love this, it smells bad but it moisturises really well and leaves my skin looking "dewy"
Ocean Salt - it's okay I suppose, kept getting the lemon/lime juice in my mouth
Ultrabland - I don't like it much, smells weird and a pain to remove, even with a flannel/cloth
Mask of Magnamity - Liked this a lot, it got rid of some spots that I had on my chin after one use
Don't Look At Me (face mask) - I love this! Makes my skin look smooth and clearer after using it

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

I like the Figs and Leaves soap. That's it. I wouldn't buy anything else from them.

TrapQueef
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by TrapQueef »

I love and adore Lush skincare products. I've been using them religiously for years and nothing has worked better for my skin, personally.

My all-time favorite skincare products are:
Herbalism facial cleaner - great for acne and breakouts
Buche De Noel - gentle cleanser that is sadly only available around Christmas
Dark Angels - great and effective, although a bit too rough...coming from someone who normally loves more abrasive scrubs
Tea Tree Water - my favorite toner

The fresh face masks are INCREDIBLE!!! I love and swear by them. My personal favorites are Don't Look At Me (new), Cupcake, Brazened Honey and I also like The Sacred Truth (for a more gentle mask). I am also a huge fan of their bar soaps but purchase them once in a blue moon as a treat, as much as I love them $10-15 for a small slice is hard for me to justify.

The only Lush moisturizer I've tried was Imperialis which was not all that impressive, especially considering the price. It left my skin feeling like it left a thick residue, or like I had a mask on. Hard to explain but I prefer to stick with my Clinique gel moisturizer. The facial cleansers, face masks and toners are totally worth the price to me, considering 1) how effective they are (for my skin) compared to other products and 2) the amount of time they last me makes it reasonable to re-purchase.

As for Lush products I really dislike, bath products (bath bombs, bubble bars, bath melts, etc) are number one. They are quite expensive for being one-time use products and on top of that, I really found them to be unimpressive and useless.

mangotemptation99
Learner
Learner

Post by mangotemptation99 »

I love Lush! However, I live far away from the locations in my state. So I don't get to go too often. I love the honey trap lip balm & lip scrubs. Their bath products are nice,but I don't have a bath at home. The lip tints are great, too. I want to try the hair care & skin care products.

3eyedraven17
Informer
Informer

Post by 3eyedraven17 »

Did a guy really die by smiling lush?

Return to “Lush”