Lush haircare for curly hair?

yteri
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lush haircare for curly hair?

Post by yteri »

Just curious if any other curly girls have used Lush shampoo and/or conditioner and how that's faired. I'm currently experimenting with Retread conditioner on my 3b hair along with my regular shampoo. Are there any good Lush combinations that are good for my sort of hair type? I've been loving Retread and it's made my hair so soft but I still need to tame my crazy frizzy hair (I also douse my hair in leave in conditioner afterwards).

Soarin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Lush haircare for curly hair?

Post by Soarin »

I'm also a 3b but I've never used lush products for haircare. I follow the curly girl method and use sulfate-free shampoo and silicone free conditioner on my hair. I wash every 3 days. I use Deva Curl shampoo and conditioner and Garnier Fructis gels. I also switch back and forth with Shea Moisture shampoo and Tresemme naturals (silicone free) conditioner. It's important not to use sulfates because its a detergent that dries our curls and makes them frizzy.

sweetmusic
Learner
Learner

Post by sweetmusic »

I have used a few Lush products, and I have 2b/3a curls.

I absolutely HATED Curly Wurly, which is marketed toward curly haired folks. It has chunks of coconut, and if not rinsed out completely, will stick in your hair and looks like clumps of dandruff :? It was hard to get out, and I didn't like how my curls didn't form very well after washing.

I'd recommend the shampoo bars Seanik or Brazilliant. Seanik is my favorite out of the two, and I'm currently using Brazilliant. Seanik makes my hair incredibly soft, and although my curls are a little looser, my hair just feels lighter and refreshed. Brazilliant is alright so far, I think it's more for the ends of your hair rather than for your scalp, since my scalp has gotten a little flaky after usage. Hasn't been the case for others when I read reviews, but I've used a Dove shampoo on my scalp, then Brazilliant on the rest of my hair when washing. It definitely makes my curls a little tighter, and you'll need a serum or something when drying since it does dry a little frizzy.

I'd also suggest using R&B, it's a pretty good hair product for after washing, which makes my curls go wild!

yteri
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by yteri »

sweetmusic wrote:I have used a few Lush products, and I have 2b/3a curls.

I absolutely HATED Curly Wurly, which is marketed toward curly haired folks. It has chunks of coconut, and if not rinsed out completely, will stick in your hair and looks like clumps of dandruff :? It was hard to get out, and I didn't like how my curls didn't form very well after washing.

I'd recommend the shampoo bars Seanik or Brazilliant. Seanik is my favorite out of the two, and I'm currently using Brazilliant. Seanik makes my hair incredibly soft, and although my curls are a little looser, my hair just feels lighter and refreshed. Brazilliant is alright so far, I think it's more for the ends of your hair rather than for your scalp, since my scalp has gotten a little flaky after usage. Hasn't been the case for others when I read reviews, but I've used a Dove shampoo on my scalp, then Brazilliant on the rest of my hair when washing. It definitely makes my curls a little tighter, and you'll need a serum or something when drying since it does dry a little frizzy.

I'd also suggest using R&B, it's a pretty good hair product for after washing, which makes my curls go wild!
I've tried Curly Wurly before but the chunks annoyed me so much, made my hair nice though when I did eventually get them all out. I used Braziliant recently but it all crumbled after 1/2 uses so i had to shape it again like play-doh same thing happened to my argan oil one (I forget the exact name of it, it came out recently). Maybe they've changed their formula because I remember using Seanik a few years ago and it didn't crumble to pieces :?

Return to “Hair Care”