HaleyBoBailey
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SprinkleofEntitlement: Permanently Pregnant Pentland par

Post by HaleyBoBailey »

Cheeseandpickles wrote:
vintagebloom wrote:Do you guys think her friend Clare might have dropped Darcy off? In the Instagram she posted where Darcy meets Pearl for the first time, she mentions that Clare took the picture and I remember Louise talking about how she rarely ever crosses paths with Matt because they usually drop off and pick up Darcy via school, so I feel like they probably avoid actually seeing each other as much as possible.
This is the impression I got. They tried to do joint things when they were first divorced. Then Louise said they'd managed to work out just trading off by drop-off and pick-up at school. Then she had announced that Darcy would get two birthday parties because they could no longer do a joint one.
I got the impression that Darcy hadn’t made it there yet when Clare was with Louise. Maybe she left and went pick her up, but I thought she said Darcy was already on her way? Maybe I imagined that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Cheeseandpickles wrote:
vintagebloom wrote:Do you guys think her friend Clare might have dropped Darcy off? In the Instagram she posted where Darcy meets Pearl for the first time, she mentions that Clare took the picture and I remember Louise talking about how she rarely ever crosses paths with Matt because they usually drop off and pick up Darcy via school, so I feel like they probably avoid actually seeing each other as much as possible.
This is the impression I got. They tried to do joint things when they were first divorced. Then Louise said they'd managed to work out just trading off by drop-off and pick-up at school. Then she had announced that Darcy would get two birthday parties because they could no longer do a joint one.
Yeah, if they can't even come together to celebrate the birth of their daughter, I can't see Matt being too enthusiastic at the prospect of taking Darcy to go see her half-sister when it's meant to be his 'daddy day.' Not sure what happened honestly, but curious to find out when Louise posts the video.

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

EffyStonem wrote:I mean I just literally can’t picture what Louise would’ve preferred (if this is actually what happened) for Darcy and her dad to go visit (which is already strange and unsual) and Louise and Liam jumping up with the baby yelling “surprise!!!” ?
That's what I was thinking. I'm a bit confused by the whole thing. I hope Matt and Devon didn't ruin anything deliberately out of spite, but my instinct (as a non-parent) would actually be to tell her first, as opposed to having her turn up and suddenly there's a baby.

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheeseandpickles »

While I get people are understandably upset about the lack of darker skin tones in a range of foundation I don't see how attacking Louise who seems unaware they even had foundation helps the cause.

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

Cheeseandpickles wrote:While I get people are understandably upset about the lack of darker skin tones in a range of foundation I don't see how attacking Louise who seems unaware they even had foundation helps the cause.
Is this about the Tarte Shape Tape foundation? Lack of diversity is obviously a big thing, but I don't see how it's Louise's fault :roll: people need to target the people responsible (the brands), not people being given the products

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

jiggy_girl wrote:
Cheeseandpickles wrote:While I get people are understandably upset about the lack of darker skin tones in a range of foundation I don't see how attacking Louise who seems unaware they even had foundation helps the cause.
Is this about the Tarte Shape Tape foundation? Lack of diversity is obviously a big thing, but I don't see how it's Louise's fault :roll: people need to target the people responsible (the brands), not people being given the products
She was also completely unaware that they brought out shape tape foundations, so the chances of her knowing about the shade range fiasco at the time of filming the video are close to zero. I have a feeling she'll say something responding to the backlash on the video, even though I really didn't think she deserved the backlash. People like Jackie Aina on the other hand......

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

rai1234 wrote:
jiggy_girl wrote:
She was also completely unaware that they brought out shape tape foundations, so the chances of her knowing about the shade range fiasco at the time of filming the video are close to zero. I have a feeling she'll say something responding to the backlash on the video, even though I really didn't think she deserved the backlash. People like Jackie Aina on the other hand......
This is a response to a comment that Louise posted around 45 minutes ago
Hey Emily, I'm sorry I've saddened you. I know I didn't mention it in this video (I don't think), but I had a baby last month (after being 14 days over due) and 90% of my time has been focussed on her. The other 10% (aside from general life and mothering my 6 year old) has been on making a few videos, editing them and whipping them online. I genuinely had not seen the issues surrounding Tarte and this is why I didn't mention it, not because I'm white and ignorant or choosing to be silent. If I had known I would have still said I really love the products from Tarte that I have tried (as this is the truth) and that I would like to see them include foundations for EVERY shade of skin so that EVERYONE can enjoy them. x
Good for her for handling it maturely, and honestly some of the comments under that video are ridiculous! I doubt Louise has been following the Tarte controversy closely (hell, I don't have a baby and had no clue that this was an issue with this particular foundation!)

Hem848484
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hem848484 »

I imagine she’s kicking herself for making Shape Tape the focus of the thumbnail right about now.

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

She posted on Facebook too. Not knowing about every single issue all the time doesn't make someone an awful person. Sometimes the internet really needs to calm down.

Sam75
Learner
Learner

Post by Sam75 »

How does everyone feel about Liam (pearls dad) being Louise's cameraman during her labour? I mean it's a very special time for him too and I felt instead of being able to experience the emotions of becoming a father he's being yelled at by Louise about when to film and when not to. He must have been prepped on what his duties were as she said he's filming the clock so I know the time for the vlog. Then when pearl arrives she sends him to get coconut oil :roll:

imjustsaying
Talker
Talker

Post by imjustsaying »

jiggy_girl wrote: Also, horribly OT but I've just watched Louise's morning after pill video, and does anyone think "Julian's Wife" might be Esther?
No, i don't think so. I'm sure Louise mentioned Esther's husband's name in that vlog when she went to Esther's house and she was trying on the bump support thing and i don't think it was that?

Hem848484
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hem848484 »

I don’t think it makes her a bad person, but I do kinda think that if you’re involved in the beauty community enough to be receiving PR, you should make it your business to be informed about the biggest controversy to happen recently. I’ll give her a pass considering that she just had a baby and be happy that she is aware now.

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

Liam probably took the run to get coconut oil as a break. In the hospital, Dad would run and grab lunch.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Sam75 wrote:How does everyone feel about Liam (pearls dad) being Louise's cameraman during her labour? I mean it's a very special time for him too and I felt instead of being able to experience the emotions of becoming a father he's being yelled at by Louise about when to film and when not to. He must have been prepped on what his duties were as she said he's filming the clock so I know the time for the vlog. Then when pearl arrives she sends him to get coconut oil :roll:
I mean plenty of people film their births not for vlogs but for themselves so I don’t see the big deal.

Echo_0
Debater
Debater

Post by Echo_0 »

Yeah, loads of people film their birth for personal viewings. Plus, she probably told Liam what she wanted to include in her birth vlog (she told him she wanted times included) so there would have been set 'points' in her labour he'd have got the camera out to film. I find it very hard to believe he would have had the camera on for the whole 8-9 hours of labour :roll:

I quite liked her labour and delivery vlog, I had a shitty birth and it's nice to know you can get over that and have something that lovely. Nice that she seems head over heels in love with Pearl from the first moment, I know she found it tough with Darcey bless her.
Watching the drama unfold like :corn:

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

jiggy_girl wrote:
rai1234 wrote:
jiggy_girl wrote:
This is a response to a comment that Louise posted around 45 minutes ago
Hey Emily, I'm sorry I've saddened you. I know I didn't mention it in this video (I don't think), but I had a baby last month (after being 14 days over due) and 90% of my time has been focussed on her. The other 10% (aside from general life and mothering my 6 year old) has been on making a few videos, editing them and whipping them online. I genuinely had not seen the issues surrounding Tarte and this is why I didn't mention it, not because I'm white and ignorant or choosing to be silent. If I had known I would have still said I really love the products from Tarte that I have tried (as this is the truth) and that I would like to see them include foundations for EVERY shade of skin so that EVERYONE can enjoy them. x
Good for her for handling it maturely, and honestly some of the comments under that video are ridiculous! I doubt Louise has been following the Tarte controversy closely (hell, I don't have a baby and had no clue that this was an issue with this particular foundation!)
Totally on her side but "(after being 14 days over due)" and stuff wasn't even needed, i think loads of us just seem to have missed it and never heard of the Tarte problem aha!

PrettyInATeacup

Post by PrettyInATeacup »

Horrible passive aggressive response from her on that comment about foundation. She always replies like that!

india28
Learner
Learner

Post by india28 »

PrettyInATeacup wrote:Horrible passive aggressive response from her on that comment about foundation. She always replies like that!
How come you see it as passive aggressive? I agree she can be but I thought that was a reasonable answer she gave without it being passive aggressive.

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

I didn't find her reply passive aggressive either. We live in a world of a 24-hour news cycle. It's hard enough during the best of times to try and stay informed while also doing all your other things. I cannot imagine being 2 weeks out from having a baby and being asked to remember anything. She's already back to doing stuff.

gurugossiper2
Informer
Informer

Post by gurugossiper2 »

To be fair I felt like Liam's filming of the labour was sweet and he probably wanted to do something to feel more involved/support what Louise wanted. We only got a few snippets of footage from what was a 10 hour labour it wouldn't be that hard to film a minute or two each hour.

Return to “Louise Pentland”