nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A Sprinkle of Sass - Louise Pentland part 10

Post by nixworld68 »

Nice name!
She seems to have quietened down about her book for the last few weeks. Can we expect another week of nothing but mentions of book soon?

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

I bet Zoe won't go to the launch :roll:

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

It's out in June so probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toppsie
Talker
Talker

Post by Toppsie »

Zoe won't go, no way. They've drifited apart quite alot I think, Louise only name drops now in an attempt to stay relevant

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

Zoe didn't go to her brothers premier, she won't go to Louises book launch, at least I hope she doesn't. Louise would have to babysit her.

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

does Zoe ever go to anything important that doesn't make her dolla hahaha

EffyStonem
Informer
Informer

Post by EffyStonem »

clover123 wrote:does Zoe ever go to anything important that doesn't make her dolla hahaha
:rofl:

swirlsandpearls
Talker
Talker

Post by swirlsandpearls »

Toppsie wrote:Zoe won't go, no way. They've drifited apart quite alot I think, Louise only name drops now in an attempt to stay relevant
Yeah Louise has mentioned her in her last few vlogs and it always sticks out as really odd to me. Like she is only mentioning her to stop people asking why they don't hang out anymore.
Tassel, tassel, tassel. No tassel.

Sunnyboosh
Informer
Informer

Post by Sunnyboosh »

I think Louise has acknowledged she was already plugging the book WAY too much and she said she had that meeting with Maddie and the publishers where they talked about promotions in the run up to the release date. I think they probably decided she'd take a break from plugging it so much so that people don't get fed up of hearing about it before she really doubles down on promoting it in the run up to the release.

Post by Guest »

Would love to see how a certain Devon acts as the book launch draws closer and closer. She's going to be so jealous!

Anyone else notice in her last vlog when Darcy was buying gifts, Devons name was mumbled by Darcy (saying she was getting her a fan) and Louise kinda went a bit odd, like she was biting her tongue and distracted herself super quick with the key rings. At least she lets Darcy buy the creepy duo gifts, unlike Matt who couldn't even get her a Mother's Day card.

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

Doughnutdemon12 wrote:Would love to see how a certain Devon acts as the book launch draws closer and closer. She's going to be so jealous!
I think she has every right to be, to be honest.

blairwaldorf8
Talker
Talker

Post by blairwaldorf8 »

nixworld68 wrote:
Doughnutdemon12 wrote:Would love to see how a certain Devon acts as the book launch draws closer and closer. She's going to be so jealous!
No she doesn't. Yes there are plenty of authors out there who's hard work and talent are more worthy of a book deal but Louise has worked hard to get to a position where she is being offered one. Also she seems to be trying really hard to make this book the best she can which is more than what I can say for other Youtubers *cough* Zoe.

Devon hopped on Youtube as soon as she started dating Matt and her attempt to become more like Louise is creepy af. She has caused, or is at least a factor in why Louise couldn't spend the day with her own daughter, on her birthday and has strained Louise's co-parenting relationship with Matt. She outed Louise's relationship with Liam before she had even had the chance to tell people herself. She uploads constant photos of Darcy even though Louise herself is trying to not shove a camera in her face all the time. She constantly crosses boundaries and she uses HER BOYFRIENDS EX WIFE'S audience to try and get views on Youtube. She's a shady piece of sh*t and she has absolutely no right to be jealous of a woman she is constantly try to bring down.

I hope Louise smashes it with the sales and that the book is actually brilliant. No doubt her or Matt will share some passive aggressive dig on the day of the launch though - they are a venomous duo.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

Toppsie wrote:Zoe won't go, no way. They've drifited apart quite alot I think, Louise only name drops now in an attempt to stay relevant
Of course Zoe won't go- she likes to stay in the safety of her Pizza cave!

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

blairwaldorf8 wrote:onship with Matt. She outed Louise's relationship with Liam before she had even had the chance to tell people herself. She uploads constant photos of Darcy even though Louise herself is trying to not shove a camera in her face all the time. She constantly crosses boundaries and she uses HER BOYFRIENDS EX WIFE'S audience to try and get views on Youtube. She's a shady piece of sh*t and she has absolutely no right to be jealous of a woman
blairwaldorf8 wrote:
nixworld68 wrote:
No she doesn't. Yes there are plenty of authors out there who's hard work and talent are more worthy of a book deal but Louise has worked hard to get to a position where she is being offered one. Also she seems to be trying really hard to make this book the best she can which is more than what I can say for other Youtubers *cough* Zoe.

Devon hopped on Youtube as soon as she started dating Matt and her attempt to become more like Louise is creepy af. She has caused, or is at least a factor in why Louise couldn't spend the day with her own daughter, on her birthday and has strained Louise's co-parenting relationship with Matt. She outed Louise's relationship with Liam before she had even had the chance to tell people herself. She uploads constant photos of Darcy even though Louise herself is trying to not shove a camera in her face all the time. She constantly crosses boundaries and she uses HER BOYFRIENDS EX WIFE'S audience to try and get views on Youtube. She's a shady piece of sh*t and she has absolutely no right to be jealous of a woman she is constantly try to bring down.

I hope Louise smashes it with the sales and that the book is actually brilliant. No doubt her or Matt will share some passive aggressive dig on the day of the launch though - they are a venomous duo.
Still disagree, sorry. Louise has been offered a two book deal for novels on the basis of what exactly? How well known she is? That's it really- guaranteed sales. Her previous "books" are a world away from what writing a novel entails. I'm glad she seems to be working hard on it and cares about it, but it is just another business venture for her. I don't like Devon, but I really feel for her on this. Full disclosure, I am writing a book at the moment. I love it, but I am fully aware of all the barriers that stand in my way for it to be published, let alone successful. People, including YouTubers, getting books deals because their publishers know it will guarantee sales is depressing, disheartening and enraging for those of us plugging away with little chance of success.

dressagediva
Informer
Informer

Post by dressagediva »

I'm still recovering from the pink kitchen wall.

Post by Guest »

Speaking as a writer myself I did use to get really annoyed at youtubers just landing book deals but at the end of the day it's all about making money with the publishing industry. They won't be remembered like the great classics and are now just all lumped into a category as Youtubers books. Nothing special and I no longer see it as a threat because they are not getting books deals based on talent, it's views which equals money. Just the way things work now. Not saying it's right, of course it's not. There are tons of talented writers out there that never get noticed. But publishers have discovered a quick easy way they can make more money on bigger youtubers because they have a big audience. It's like when celebrities bring out thier books. People are buying it because it has a famous name on it. Same applies here. Fan girls!

It's annoying but I don't think Youtubers are seen as respected "authors" because half the time it is just handed to them. Some of them if not most have never expressed a passion for writing or books! But then again they do put thier public life out there for everyone to see so it kind of balances it out in an odd way. I wouldn't share as much as youtubers do. I would hate everyone knowing my business. Not saying they deserve things handed to them. They just work in a sense of making everything about them public and are on the front lines for the public to criticise. But it is thier choice to do this and overshare.

It's like when ebooks came about, I hate them as I rather have a real book in my hands. I rather read an unknown creative authors book then some lifestyle guide or cook book a youtubers has done. But it's just moving with the times and now YouTube authors are a thing unfortunately. Urgh

Devon's book is really, really awful. I would be ashamed of it if I was her. She doesn't have any talent. Its so bad! Plus she should know if your are going to be an author, thick skin is required. She doesn't have it.

nottaylorswift
Stalker
Stalker

Post by nottaylorswift »

Has anyone else noticed that Louise and Marie Bits and Clips don't seem as close anymore? Maybe it's just life/busy-ness on different continents, but it seems strange to me that Louise hasn't commented on Marie's new baby. These are the only two YouTubers I really watch, and I always looked forward to their videos together. I wonder if they had a falling out...

tiffanyatbreakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tiffanyatbreakfast »

nottaylorswift wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Louise and Marie Bits and Clips don't seem as close anymore? Maybe it's just life/busy-ness on different continents, but it seems strange to me that Louise hasn't commented on Marie's new baby. These are the only two YouTubers I really watch, and I always looked forward to their videos together. I wonder if they had a falling out...
I've been wondering this lately too. I felt like their friendship seemed a bit strained in their most recent few vlogs together.

fuzzyears
Learner
Learner

Post by fuzzyears »

Doughnutdemon12 wrote: It's annoying but I don't think Youtubers are seen as respected "authors" because half the time it is just handed to them.
I agree. Other than fan girls I don't think anyone else actually buys their books. In my local book stores they have separate sections for youtuber books so it's even easier to avoid them.

Return to “Louise Pentland”