SprinkleOfSingle - PART 5

claireloopylou
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by claireloopylou »

Louise said her friend Zoe worked at the new store on Oxford Street...not chummy Zoe but American Zoe as if she'd mentioned or been in a vlog before. And she seemed very familiar with the lady serving/helping her. But true could be PR person she had an appointment to 'shop' with.

I didn't finish watching the Lush haul I was bored after 5mins, and plus it was going to be a long video. I just couldn't. A lot of her videos have bored me lately. I'll probably watch the promo one she filmed with Jack and that lot for Coke when she finally uploads it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiffanyatbreakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: SprinkleOfSingle - PART 5

Post by tiffanyatbreakfast »

rhibops wrote:
eoz831 wrote:Louise's knees really really bother me! I know it's just her standing in her natural posture but omg ahhh
Oh god I've been avoiding saying that for ages. I swear her legs look like ham hocks, or chicken drumsticks. Those short skater skirts / dresses just add to it. Having body confidence is great, but not when you can't see you look a state. You have to consider what suits you. I think because she has slimmer lower legs she thinks it's ok, but then her thighs are so large it's like fat is pooling around her knees. She surely could find the prom style dresses she likes in a longer length. I might get slammed for "body shaming" but I like to see people well dressed in items that flatter them no matter their size. I'm mostly referring to that last Louise Live clip. I've seen her look better!
Good for you wanting to 'see people well dressed' :roll: she liked the bloody dress so she wore it. Yes her legs aren't the slimmest but she didn't look a state and as though she has 'fat pooling around her knees'. Just horrible.

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

Wow wow wow wow wow

I understand people who want to come on here and talk about what Louise does that bothers them but to say such horrible things about her knees and legs? Stand back for a minute and think about what you are saying. A lot of people watch Louise because they themselves are insecure about their looks and I think one thing she does quite well is stress that your size and looks shouldn't matter, which is totally true. Yet people come on here and say stuff like that and think its ok? I know that a lot of people watch Louise and the fact that she wears whatever she wants just because she wants to and not because its "flattering for her body type" gives them confidence in themselves. She shouldn't wear shorter dresses because of her ugly knees? Why? She doesn't have a problem with it why do you?

I just can't understand how some people will criticize her for things she says and then themselves say really mean things about something that doesn't matter in the slightest and could actually upset other people in this forum who have body issues.

tiah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tiah »

Completely agree with above. Imo Louise does a great job on the body positivity front, she embraces her figure and doesn't try to be something that shes not. I think its a shame people would bring her size into this. I don't think its fair that you feel you can tell her what she SHOULD be wearing. Shes a grown woman, she can wear what she wants. If she feels comfortable in something she has every right to wear it. There are a lot of things I disagree with about Louise and thats why I come here, to discuss those things, but bringing her looks into the equation is just unfair and unnecessary. Not to mention, like another poster said, some people watch Louise as they feel they can relate to her size and she inspires them in that sense. Therefore to mention her figure is insulting not only to her, but those who look up to her for those reasons. I think she does a great job embracing her figure what with societies ideas being shoved down everyones throat, thats something I could not fault her for.

funnylikeyikes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funnylikeyikes »

Pepper_Pot wrote:Call me sceptical but that sounds very Essiebutton... she uses the "my friend sent me this" line when referring to PR reps sending her free shit.

I know beckie0 works in the London Lush store. She's a Youtuber but I wouldn't guess at the two of them being friends at all...
I doubt Louise has even heard of Beckie0 :rofl:
She's funny, but not funny like, 'ha ha', funny like, 'yikes'.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

She shouldn't wear such short dresses while on stage, it's high risk wardrobe malfunction scenario. Unless you think people should be walking around flashing their underwear, because they feel like it and it makes them happy.

SunnyDays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SunnyDays »

Biba girl wrote:She shouldn't wear such short dresses while on stage, it's high risk wardrobe malfunction scenario. Unless you think people should be walking around flashing their underwear, because they feel like it and it makes them happy.
Tell that to every female popstar on the planet... She can do whatever she wants, as long as she doesn't show her fanny on purpose.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

^ Hmm, alright, so basically she's at the level of a cheap popstar? My bad.

cdy

Post by cdy »

i love how the same people defending louise here will go in Tanya burr thread and criticise the way she looks or every outfitt she wears... way to be hyppocrit :roll: or

the original poster thought her outfit was bad, and she is allowed to say it. just because Louise is big desnt mean people cant give their pinion on the way she dress. i think she desnt dress well for her body type and im going to say in her trash thread. thi is guru gossiper, not the youtube comment section.. stop policing threads if you are not a mod.

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

Biba girl wrote:^ Hmm, alright, so basically she's at the level of a cheap popstar? My bad.
I'm sorry but if you are saying its ok to say mean things about her because you'd say it about any other popstar who wears short dresses onstage I'm just not gonna believe that for one second. Loads of people perform with dresses that don't go down to their knees. Are we suppose to condemn them all? What is this, the 1950's?

Her dresses and skirts are not even that short to me at all. Is showing your knees cheap now? Don't pretend that this isn't about her size and what you think someone of her size should be wearing.

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

cdy wrote:i love how the same people defending louise here will go in Tanya burr thread and criticise the way she looks or every outfitt she wears... way to be hyppocrit :roll: or

the original poster thought her outfit was bad, and she is allowed to say it. just because Louise is big desnt mean people cant give their pinion on the way she dress. i think she desnt dress well for her body type and im going to say in her trash thread. thi is guru gossiper, not the youtube comment section.. stop policing threads if you are not a mod.
Just like people can give their opinions on the way Louise dresses I can give my opinions on how horrible it is to say that. I'm not policing what people say but I'm not going to just pretend like I didn't see people saying something I think is damaging and could actually upset people who go on this thread because they may have issues with their own bodies. Sorry for caring about people's feelings.

If people are posting mean unnecessary things people are allowed to point that out, otherwise people will just go on thinking it's perfectly ok to think that way.

cdy

Post by cdy »

Im talking about the hypocrisy. The majority of yall caping for Louise here are the same people criticising gabby outfit choice in her thread or whatever outfit Choice Zoe Or Tanya make or pointlessblogs look etc.. I do it too but I don't go in other thread telling people to not say it too because I may relate to it. If you are that sensitive, what are you even doing on a gossip board?!?

Fleur thread is one of the most positive thread on here but even there people are allowed to say her outfit are ugly. I understand maybe the words the op used were harsh but to jump on people and say "she can wear whatever She wants" I mean really??? Of course she can wear whatever she wants, she can raise Darcy however she want, she can deal with her divorce however she want and upload whatever content she want ... Yet we have all criticise those aspect of her life here.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

polarbearninja wrote:
Biba girl wrote:^ Hmm, alright, so basically she's at the level of a cheap popstar? My bad.
I'm sorry but if you are saying its ok to say mean things about her because you'd say it about any other popstar who wears short dresses onstage I'm just not gonna believe that for one second. Loads of people perform with dresses that don't go down to their knees. Are we suppose to condemn them all? What is this, the 1950's?

Her dresses and skirts are not even that short to me at all. Is showing your knees cheap now? Don't pretend that this isn't about her size and what you think someone of her size should be wearing.
It's not about her size. I said her knees would look funny even if she was slim. I didn't say she should hide them for that reason. I do believe the length of her skirt in the last vlog is inappropriately short considering how full that skirt is and the fact that her legs became the focal point from the angle the stage was placed.

I think her dressing style altogether is ridiculous. Flower crowns, pink tutus, leotards, glitter handbags. Just weird, no matter how big or slim one is. My opinion, I'm sticking with it.

TinyUnicorn
Learner
Learner

Post by TinyUnicorn »

There's a big difference between criticising an outfit and criticising somebody's body weight/shape. It's fair enough to say that you dislike an outfit or that it's unflattering etc. but to go on and say she has legs like "ham hocks" is horrible and could affect other people reading this thread.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

Puttles wrote:There's a big difference between criticising an outfit and criticising somebody's body weight/shape. It's fair enough to say that you dislike an outfit or that it's unflattering etc. but to go on and say she has legs like "ham hocks" is horrible and could affect other people reading this thread.

When exactly did I say that?

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

cdy wrote:Im talking about the hypocrisy. The majority of yall caping for Louise here are the same people criticising gabby outfit choice in her thread or whatever outfit Choice Zoe Or Tanya make or pointlessblogs look etc.. I do it too but I don't go in other thread telling people to not say it too because I may relate to it. If you are that sensitive, what are you even doing on a gossip board?!?

Fleur thread is one of the most positive thread on here but even there people are allowed to say her outfit are ugly. I understand maybe the words the op used were harsh but to jump on people and say "she can wear whatever She wants" I mean really??? Of course she can wear whatever she wants, she can raise Darcy however she want, she can deal with her divorce however she want and upload whatever content she want ... Yet we have all criticise those aspect of her life here.
You're saying that everyone that doesn't agree with saying Louise has ugly legs is a hypocrite because we all say similar things about other people? Where did you see that? I have never done that... how can you point out a hypocrisy that isn't there?

People can criticize Louise about many things that she does on here, whatever. That's because you are only really criticizing her. If you come on here and say her legs are ugly or she wears the wrong clothes for her size etc etc that's not just criticizing her it's criticizing every person who has issues with their appearance and struggles to deal with it. When they read what you say they will think of themselves even if it's about Louise. You're also weakening every other issue and argument you have about Louise by saying things about her looks because it's something that shouldn't matter.

We hear that whatever you look like shouldn't matter and to just do you but then we constantly see people criticizing people for doing just that.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

polarbearninja wrote: We hear that whatever you look like shouldn't matter and to just do you but then we constantly see people criticizing people for doing just that.
You SHOULD wear whatever you want. It doesn't come from the idea that people should stop having an opinion though. It comes from not giving a fuck about opinions of others on something as trivial as clothing choices. I salute her for wearing whatever she wants. Doesn't change the fact that I don't like her style. Shouldn't matter to her though or anyone else for that matter, if that's what they want to wear.
Last edited by Biba girl on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

cdy

Post by cdy »

Puttles wrote:There's a big difference between criticising an outfit and criticising somebody's body weight/shape. It's fair enough to say that you dislike an outfit or that it's unflattering etc. but to go on and say she has legs like "ham hocks" is horrible and could affect other people reading this thread.

If the op talked about her weight or some other things she can't change about herself (I think your weight is something you can change if it bother you but that's a topic for another thread I guess) then my bad I didn't understand it like that but still I think a lot of people are being heing hypocrite. I don't see the faux outrage in Tanya's thread when everyone say Tanya's body type doesn't suit certain outfit or when people tell gaby how she should eat to lose weight (as if she need it.. Ha!)

Anyway you guys can go back to the topic of Louise and I can go minding my business. :respekt:

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

Biba girl wrote:
polarbearninja wrote:

It's not about her size. I said her knees would look funny even if she was slim. I didn't say she should hide them for that reason. I do believe the length of her skirt in the last vlog is inappropriately short considering how full that skirt is and the fact that her legs became the focal point from the angle the stage was placed.

I think her dressing style altogether is ridiculous. Flower crowns, pink tutus, leotards, glitter handbags. Just weird, no matter how big or slim one is. My opinion, I'm sticking with it.
You can have any opinion you want on her dressing style but that's not what people have been posting about and not the issue here. It's comments like this that are the issue:

"Louise's knees really really bother me! I know it's just her standing in her natural posture but omg ahhh"

"Oh god I've been avoiding saying that for ages. I swear her legs look like ham hocks, or chicken drumsticks. Those short skater skirts / dresses just add to it. Having body confidence is great, but not when you can't see you look a state. You have to consider what suits you. I think because she has slimmer lower legs she thinks it's ok, but then her thighs are so large it's like fat is pooling around her knees. She surely could find the prom style dresses she likes in a longer length. I might get slammed for "body shaming" but I like to see people well dressed in items that flatter them no matter their size. I'm mostly referring to that last Louise Live clip. I've seen her look better!"

"It's not just her size that makes her knees look like they do. Even if she was much thinner, they'd still be kinda awkward looking."

If it's about her weight her not you're still all saying she has ugly legs. Think of the people that go on this forum who may have insecurities about their own legs. Why does anyone need to know that you think someone has ugly legs...

It does link to her size though because if it was someone skinnier you wouldn't see comments that call her legs ham hocks etc etc. I don't even think you would see as much comments about what you think the person should be wearing instead.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

I didn't say she had ugly knees. I said they potentially would look awkward regardless of her weight and I also said that it didn't mean she should hide them. So she doesn't have model knees, who does? She seems to be proud of them anyhow, otherwise she wouldn't be at ease wearing short skirts. I also said that her insecurity about her midsection is unjustified. There you have it, I think her stomach is fine, but her knees are funny. She thinks complete opposite about herself. Only thing matters is what SHE thinks. I can still have an opinion though.

Return to “Louise Pentland”