Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

Post by emilystew »

linzilou wrote:
-forgetmenot wrote:
emilystew wrote:Does anyone else think her relationship with Matt is a little strange. They just dont seem in love at all.
True. Its like her life has really begun with youtube and all the stuff she does but she's forgotten about her 'previous life' with Matt.
yes something seems up with them.
a few weeks ago i was sure they had secretly broken up and i believed louise was the driving force behind the imaginary split. however watching the xmas day vlog- he didnt buy her anything! no perfume, no clothes, no photoframe, no little bit of something- apparently he is taking her to the theartre but she got him a box full of stuff. i wonder if matt has sort of given up in a way and just isnt making an effort which is why louise is off flirting outragously with jack and co.
matt didnt go with her to her aunties on the anniversary of her mums death ( i think it was that...) but jack did go with her, maybe it wasnt lousie asking jack to come with her, but jack offering as matt wouldnt go.
Yeah i completely agree. None of it adds up. They don't have any chemistry at all.
She has more chemistry with Jack.

Also, whenever she makes an announcement people always think she is pregnant but this is never the case and i'm wondering if she doesn't want more children because they have secretly split up.

Sixfeetdeep
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Sixfeetdeep »

Louise has another book out, this time a lifestyle guide (out this summer):
http://www.thebookseller.com/news/lifes ... entland-ss

This is IN ADDITION TO her 2016 diary:
http://www.thebookseller.com/news/faber ... er-vlogger

This 'lifestyle guide' is going to put a lot of pressure on her to project the perfect life. I doubt it will be good for her mentally.

carriekelley
Informer
Informer

Post by carriekelley »

i don't understand why louise didn't buy her superhero things for christmas. darcy seems to enjoy spider-man and it would have been good bonding toys for her and matt bc matt loves marvel. maybe that's why. wanting to present darcy as a 'mummies girl'

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

carriekelley wrote:i don't understand why louise didn't buy her superhero things for christmas. darcy seems to enjoy spider-man and it would have been good bonding toys for her and matt bc matt loves marvel. maybe that's why. wanting to present darcy as a 'mummies girl'
yes i think she is creating a mini-me. a little tomboy would be her worst nightmare.

can some one explain how if she wants to not enforce gender stereotypes on darcy then why does she dress her all in pink, all the time? is that not enforcing that pink is for girls. i saw a vlog when the kid was in a massive pink tutu at the park- whats wrong with jeans!!

bettyissopretty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bettyissopretty »

Working with children, I think Darcy may struggle when she starts school as it seems like she is quite behind with her language. I think Louise often doesn't allow her to finish speaking (gets exasperated) / or doing an activity and I think that impacts on her speech and language development. I'm by no means saying Louise is a bad mum, and all children develop at different rates, I just feel like this might be an issue when she starts school.

lovestorant
Learner
Learner

Post by lovestorant »

bettyissopretty wrote:Working with children, I think Darcy may struggle when she starts school as it seems like she is quite behind with her language. I think Louise often doesn't allow her to finish speaking (gets exasperated) / or doing an activity and I think that impacts on her speech and language development. I'm by no means saying Louise is a bad mum, and all children develop at different rates, I just feel like this might be an issue when she starts school.
I've noticed this a lot in her videos lately. She cuts Darcy off all the time and is constantly like "yes thats enough thankyou" or "let mummy finish" I know the latter is good for showing Darcy not to interrupt people but I just feel so sorry for her. I in noway think Louise is a bad mother but the whole being a perfect mother and feminism BS is pissing me off lately. Kids don't have an identity crisis if you let them dress up or have their face painted, it's just fun.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

There's a good chance she only does it on camera. Besides Matt is with Darcy all the time, he's a teacher, he must have some idea not to interfere with Darcy's speech development. I'm guessing it's just how it is atm, she'll catch up.

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

does he teach her spanish as well? i dont think ive ever heard them mention it but it seems like something louise would blog about.

-forgetmenot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by -forgetmenot »

Sixfeetdeep wrote:Louise has another book out, this time a lifestyle guide (out this summer):
http://www.thebookseller.com/news/lifes ... entland-ss

This is IN ADDITION TO her 2016 diary:
http://www.thebookseller.com/news/faber ... er-vlogger

This 'lifestyle guide' is going to put a lot of pressure on her to project the perfect life. I doubt it will be good for her mentally.
Ughhhh. That's all we need...

Sorry but if this is aimed at like 12-14 year olds (like everything else) it will just be like her 'mummying' them with her tips. I'm 20 and I wouldn't go near this as I already feel more mature - especially since her latest crying out on facebook about people being mean to her.

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

how can she advise seriously on these topics hahahahah

love (how to find a possibly gay husband who will let you flirt with boys and not give one F)
comfort zones (rehash everything that was said on chummy chatter)
body image (how to be massivly unhealthy but be super positive about it)
beauty tips (err.....just type us everything she has said in her vids)
crafts (maybe toddler crafts that she has found on pinterest)
baking (sounds about right but when did she ever bake)
and more (please no more)

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

Oh man, she's getting more and more out of touch with reality.

oddxsox
Talker
Talker

Post by oddxsox »

I've only started to dislike her over the past few weeks. WHY does she have to keep going on about gender roles for Darcy?? If she really didn't care about what toys she plays with she would stop going on so much about the subject. Personally, I think she babies Darcy a lot. AND WHY is she always posting pictures about having a lie in, it seems like she has one every other day anyway. She has even said before Matt gets Darcy up so she can sleep in on mornings. I feel like she is lazy and wants to give off this perfect 1950's family image, without the gender stereotypes of course.

cdy

Post by cdy »

so the world need to know that she is a lazy ass who doesnt know how to do her pretty basic work.. ok Jack :tu:

-forgetmenot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by -forgetmenot »

oddxsox wrote:I've only started to dislike her over the past few weeks. WHY does she have to keep going on about gender roles for Darcy?? If she really didn't care about what toys she plays with she would stop going on so much about the subject. Personally, I think she babies Darcy a lot. AND WHY is she always posting pictures about having a lie in, it seems like she has one every other day anyway. She has even said before Matt gets Darcy up so she can sleep in on mornings. I feel like she is lazy and wants to give off this perfect 1950's family image, without the gender stereotypes of course.
I remember a while ago she did a haul or something and kept saying how she wouldn't let Darcy wear anything with labels on or like disney characters even though she was asking for them. Why did she need to point that out?? you don't want her to wear what she likes yet you buy her lots of frozen stuff and let her watch disney movies repeatedly - of course she'll want to wear them!

gr4pefruits
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by gr4pefruits »

Can Kingsley please do an Overexposed segment on Jack and Louise. I mean, fuck. I used to find their friendship cute and interesting, but it's fucking exhausting with all of this GUESS WHO'S HERE?!??! and LAWL LOUIS# YER SO DUM DUM LEARN HOW 2 USE UR CAM 4 ONCE HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Okay, maybe not to that extreme...but I digress. It's not cute anymore, and the more I see of Jack, the less I like him. I'm sure he's a decent guy and everything, but the "character" he puts on in Louise's vlogs is fucking irritating. Boy needs to surgically remove the stick from his ass and step carefully off that pedestal.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

Louise has been driving me NUTS lately omg. Okay look I get the whole girls can play with "boy" toys and stuff but like just let Darcy play with what she likes!!! It's so obviously a front too so Louise can seem like ~*the greatest feminist mom*~ or whatever. And okay good for her for caring about that, and making sure Darcy knows from a young age she can do whatever she wants, but it's seems so fake. I mean she won't even let Darcy pick out her own clothes, and if she really cared she would let Darcy wear boy clothes if she wanted. But no way would that ever happen since Darcy is basically a real doll for Louise to dress up. Also!!!! She is trying SO HARD to seem like she is still bffs with her "chummy". Just give it up Louise I know you need Zoe for more views and subs, but you guys aren't that good of friends anymore.

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

I used to absolutely adore her but recently i find myself disliking her; I can't put my finger on why tho

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

This politically corrected 1950s family bullshit she is trying to flaunt is getting on my nerves. I was like wtf when she said she wouldn't let Darcy wear anything with Frozen characters on. I'm all for ditching the "pinks for girls blues for boys" mentality, it's freaking 2015 but I feel like Louise dies to have a super girly girl she can baby and dress in glitter all the time much like herself and on the other hand she knows she shouldn't force it so she wants to make it look like she is the patron saint of "cool moms".

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

I can't tell if she's new to feminism and gender equality and isn't sure how to bring that into her personal/family life orrr if she's noticed that the gender equality topic is very 'on trend' at the moment and that's why she keeps bringing it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poppythinks
Informer
Informer

Post by poppythinks »

I thought the whole gender roles and children thing was about letting children choose what toys they want and how to dress? So if a girl wants to be a Disney princess she can be, but if she wants to be a pirate (or do any other 'boy' activity) she is also free to do that. How is letting her daughter watch Disney films but not allowing her wear anything Disney related going to help her child? All it's going to do is confuse her. I think it would be best if Louise kept her daughter off the internet, rather than making parenting part of her 'brand'.

Return to “Louise Pentland”