Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jaclyn Hill: Mold Is The Perfect Nude For All - Part 90

Post by ridersbloq »

thethrillofitall wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:59 pm
ridersbloq wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 pm
The guidelines from the SGS doc, page 2, at the top suggest animal testing was done, either in the raw material stage or in the completed formula stage, maybe both. Thus these are not cruelty-free.
Well China isn’t included in her “Countries we do not ship to” list so I mean they have to do testing to sell there don’t they?
They very well may. It depends on country regulations and what exactly the product is. But what I don’t know though is if she can make the claim that they’re cruelty-free even she’s doing animal testing for ONE country.

But then that also makes me wonder about other known cruelty-free brands. Do they have a presence in, for instance, China? If so, how did they get around that requirement? IS it a requirement?

kmt24
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kmt24 »

GossipGoatxo wrote:Sure these don't contain mold and are totally safe to use.... Image

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
Long time lurker first time posting on JH page. Not a JH fan at all lol!! Hopefully I do it right but the post a few up from the “navy medical” photo off Twitter. My hubby is Marines and our best friend is a Corpsman and called this fake lol. She also spells follow like “fallow” in the document but also did in a tweet herself. I’m all for JH getting dragged but when people fake military stuff it just makes me mad lol. (Hopefully the photo saved from twitter shows up) Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aech8817
Learner
Learner

Post by Aech8817 »

GossipGoatxo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:00 pm
Sure these don't contain mold and are totally safe to use.... Image

“Fallow” up?

kmt24
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kmt24 »

*gag!*

GossipGoatxo
Informer
Informer

Post by GossipGoatxo »

ridersbloq wrote:
thethrillofitall wrote:
ridersbloq wrote:
The guidelines from the SGS doc, page 2, at the top suggest animal testing was done, either in the raw material stage or in the completed formula stage, maybe both. Thus these are not cruelty-free.
Well China isn’t included in her “Countries we do not ship to” list so I mean they have to do testing to sell there don’t they?
They very well may. It depends on country regulations and what exactly the product is. But what I don’t know though is if she can make the claim that they’re cruelty-free even she’s doing animal testing for ONE country.

But then that also makes me wonder about other known cruelty-free brands. Do they have a presence in, for instance, China? If so, how did they get around that requirement? IS it a requirement?
My understanding is that it's not the brand themselves that carry out animal testing for China but Chinese authorities. So companies can get around it and still say they're cruelty free because they themselves aren't doing the testing

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pleiadian Starseed »

I just saw a tweet where someone mentioned that she keeps saying "her formula is 100% safe" When the girl requested in an email whether the lipstick was safe they responded again with "the formula is safe" Is she trying to be clever here by avoiding saying the lipstick, so that when it comes back that the lipstick isn't safe she can say "I said that the formula was safe, I couldn't control things that might have contaminated them at the lab after it was made" or some sort of BS similar to that.

Edit just saw the comment re the sweaty hands in the gloves, that's disgusting, what if they went to the loo and didn't wash their hands! Could things like lice and mites get through the gloves??
Last edited by Pleiadian Starseed on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ridersbloq
Learner
Learner

Post by ridersbloq »

GossipGoatxo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 pm
ridersbloq wrote:
thethrillofitall wrote:
ridersbloq wrote:

My understanding is that it's not the brand themselves that carry out animal testing for China but Chinese authorities. So companies can get around it and still say they're cruelty free because they themselves aren't doing the testing

Ah, that makes sense.

galaxygrl789
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxygrl789 »

Kpgossip wrote:
MountingMoleHill wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:23 pm
ImageImage
JUST STOP ALREADY.

It’s interesting though that it says “Jaclyn Cosmetics” in the page from 2017 and doesn’t have “Hill” in it.
Honestly it's hard to know the extent she would go to try to cover her ass. It's really fucking easy to open a word doc/PDF and edit whatever you want into it. It's just incredibly hard to trust anything at face value anymore because it's just so easy to fake most things.

Then it just becomes a reflection of character -- i just CANT believe her anymore, and i just dont know what it would take for me to trust her again. This has been the repetitive for her... so history shows that she's either the unluckiest beauty guru in the game, or she has a habit of lying to cover a bad product.

Everything she has is because of her fans. She has no discernable talent -- just mediocre makeup skills and a played up goofy personality to be relatable. Like most of us here, i used to be a fan, but most every thing that has comes out of her mouth feels like patronizing lip service.

No wonder she has anxiety. It must be exhausting to constantly lie to people to keep your bank account flush and a closet full of birkins
Last edited by galaxygrl789 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fashionnic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fashionnic »

“We switched to different gloves immediately”
Next sentence
“We are no longer using that lab for production”
Next sentence
“We will send you a replacement right away”

WHAT??? Could you contradict yourself anymore???? She did this throughout the whole video. Nothing she said is truthful other than when she said she was trying to cover her tracks.

gumdropdrive
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gumdropdrive »

its katelyn bro wrote:I almost would’ve preferred it if she cried. Her anger and annoyance and lack of emotion is more disturbing honestly.

Sooo buttery sooo defensive

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

[/quote]She actually said in the video "she tried to cover all her tracks" She said that because that's exactly what she always does and is why it rolled off her tongue so easily. I have never ever said that in my life, only someone who is used to doing that would say that!
Last edited by Pleiadian Starseed on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blahblahblahblah
Informer
Informer

Post by blahblahblahblah »

She’s talking 100mph.
So guilty and nervous.

missmimz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by missmimz »

Why didn't anyone on her team review this video and go..'uh you sound defensive af and angry maybe try again?' the comments tho, no one is having it.

fashionnic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fashionnic »

‪Wait - she wouldn’t have been “Jaclyn Cosmetics” in April 2017 because she was still married to Jon, she would have kept it Jaclyn Hill Cosmetics at that point. That was before they even got tipsy or lolli

FlamesOfRebirth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FlamesOfRebirth »

Thread name: the adventures of Jaclyn Cosmetics and the expired lipsticks on fleek

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

MissPrissyPriss wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:00 pm
Silverwinged wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:56 pm
can someone summarize the vid for me? i can't access YT right now
Cotton fibers, hot UPS trucks, ingredients not mixed thoroughly but completely safe to use. She’s sorry and wants to prove herself....BLAH BLAH BLAH.
(Seriously that is what the whole video said)
Oh...oxygen bubbles from making so many!
Apparently, the oxygen bubble rose to the "service" :rofl: :rofl: She's lichurally dumb as shit!

I want Marlena to respond and debunk the lies in this video. I can already see Marlena blowing her top watching it.

mystupidmouth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mystupidmouth »

Even IF all of those excuses were true, clearly this lab doesnt know what they are doing. I wouldn't exactly rely on things being safe when they are so inept. I cant even believe she thinks she can explain away that isnt a possibility.

What exactly was her teams investigation? Making phone calls and throwing excuses at the wall and seeing what sticks?
Last edited by mystupidmouth on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

fashionnic wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:29 pm

‪Wait - she wouldn’t have been “Jaclyn Cosmetics” in April 2017 because she was still married to Jon, she would have kept it Jaclyn Hill Cosmetics at that point. That was before they even got tipsy or lolli

Good catch, she obviously slipped up when creating that doc the other day! it would have been Jaclyn Hill just like her logo is LOL :rofl:

Tiya
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Tiya »

bitch1992 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:40 pm
Kpgossip wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm
Remember when she said she was using the best lab in the U.S.A? Now she’s saying it’s the labs fault and she’s going to be using a different lab? Also, if that Video was all true, why hasn’t this been an issue for other companies that use that lab?

Based on the comments and her explanation, I honestly think she will get away with this. She has a lot of negative comments sure, but I have a feeling she won her fan base back with the video and will continue to do so.
Also, she didn't mention the odd smell of the lipsticks.
Long long long time lurker, bit bullet, created an account to post.

She mentioned in her launch video it’s a unique scent she created, so Pretty sure the smell is part Mold gone wild, part bullshit with dash of stale Vanilla

BiancaK
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BiancaK »

I hope I'm not being ignorant here, but is there any proof that those hairs are actually from the gloves? Has anyone already lab tested them to see what they really are?

Return to “Jaclynhill1”