just to get the ball rolling...

frohmitron89
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lying-Hill All The Lies Jaclyn Has Told

Post by frohmitron89 »

She says she's against "bullying" of any kind and of women putting other women down because she was bullied when she was younger.
Then responds to twitter questions saying "oh girl, HA" when someone asked if she was with carli and nicole at imats.
Then proceeds to feed the fans who then make extremely childish meme out of a mean girls poster photo and uses nicole and jaclyns faces by laughing with them saying " I shouldn't be laughing at this but this is funny". And responds to then upset fans about the situation by saying "she did nothing wrong, it was a harmless joke" via snapchat.

Mhm. Just childish is what it is.

Also, for 3 years she's lied about her affiliate links saying she does not make money off of youtube or get paid to show products.
Except now she's come out and said she does make a little off of her affiliate links.
No prob bob, but why didn't you explain that sooner.

Not a lie, but she 100% ignores and disagrees with FTC Disclosure policies and has refused to follow them up until now. Now she uses a disclaimer for affiliate links but not for products sent etc.

(That part isn't exactly a *lie* but it falls under being dishonest for me, and I think it's important to have on the page )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Well her disclosure is a lie because it says "SOME of the above links may be affiliate links" when in fact ALL of the links are affiliate links lol.

I believe in the past she acted like she didn't edit her IG photos. Now she says that she shows herself on SC/youtube and edits IG.

Calling MUG foiled shadows the best product in the entire cosmetic industry, with no product comparison. (MUG copied the trend of other shadows i.e. Stila Magnificent Metals foiled shadows, L'Oreal Infallible shadows etc.)
[video][/video]

That whole VOSS sponsored flavored water.... yeah she doesn't even talk about flavored water now just a sugary starbucks tea/lemonade drink.

I remember she lied in a video back in January.
So in her January 2015 beauty favorites at 4:20 she says she went online to buy the melt cosmetics stacks, and thought they were expensive. Then in February 2015 Sephora Haul in the first 15 seconds she says she hasn't gone makeup shopping in 5 months. I personally find this to be a lie. I commented on the vid and asked her about it, and people defended saying, well she didn't GO OUT shopping, or she didn't shop at SEPHORA, or she didn't do a huge HAUL. So arguing about semantics. My point was that other youtubers were sent the melt stacks to promote, and admitted it. Yet Jaclyn said she went to the website herself to purchase them.

This is just the tip of the iceberg...

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Oh one of the biggest, most obvious lies, that makes me consider her a fraud. THAT SHE IS A PROFESSIONAL MUA! Her website lists her as a Pro MUA. Yet her description on videos says she doesn't book clients anymore and hasn't for some time. The girl is only 25. There is only a short time in her life that she could actually do MUA.

Furthermore, people have looked up to see if she holds a license and she does not. Now, this is a hotly debated issue and some people say you don't need a license or certificate to be considered a MUA. But the fact that she calls herself a PRO MUA, which is a term we would apply to Lisa Eldridge, when Jaclyn isn't even in her league. It is fraud.

cmk808
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cmk808 »

jessica3llen wrote:Oh one of the biggest, most obvious lies, that makes me consider her a fraud. THAT SHE IS A PROFESSIONAL MUA! Her website lists her as a Pro MUA. Yet her description on videos says she doesn't book clients anymore and hasn't for some time. The girl is only 25. There is only a short time in her life that she could actually do MUA.

Furthermore, people have looked up to see if she holds a license and she does not. Now, this is a hotly debated issue and some people say you don't need a license or certificate to be considered a MUA. But the fact that she calls herself a PRO MUA, which is a term we would apply to Lisa Eldridge, when Jaclyn isn't even in her league. It is fraud.
Ahhh, that reminded me of another one! She's called herself a "certified makeup artist" before. Certified. Dunno if it was on youtube or SnapChat, but we talked about it on here.

becky2292
Debater
Debater

Post by becky2292 »

cmk808 wrote:
jessica3llen wrote:Oh one of the biggest, most obvious lies, that makes me consider her a fraud. THAT SHE IS A PROFESSIONAL MUA! Her website lists her as a Pro MUA. Yet her description on videos says she doesn't book clients anymore and hasn't for some time. The girl is only 25. There is only a short time in her life that she could actually do MUA.

Ahhh, that reminded me of another one! She's called herself a "certified makeup artist" before. Certified. Dunno if it was on youtube or SnapChat, but we talked about it on here.
On her website: http://www.jaclynhillmakeup.com/

She says "Professional Makeup Artist"

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

She said in a tweet she is a certified MUA

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

I think the more we can get screen shots of things... the better. So we have something to back up what we are saying. I will try to link and include images as much as possible! :D

DontHaveTimeToFilm
Debater
Debater

Post by DontHaveTimeToFilm »

What about when she said her face was swollen from lack of sleep for the Becca collab video?

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

If you search the page for "Jaclyn" there are only 20. And Jaclyn Hill or Jaclyn Eilers is not one of them.
ftp://dbprftp.state.fl.us/pub/llweb//CO ... ENSE_2.csv

She also used to live in Chicago, and I believe she said she worked at MAC up there and did a lot of training there. Again, no record of Jaclyn R. Hill or Jaclyn Eilers.
https://ilesonline.idfpr.illinois.gov/L ... ookup.aspx

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

#JACLYNLIES
--->
cmk808 wrote:Had a few minutes to kill, and decided to scroll through the comments on her latest video just to see who she decides to reply to:
- A comment asking her not to use filters so she could show her natural skin (Jaclyn replies that she doesn't use filters, her skincare routine changed her life)
- A comment saying her instagram photos are "practically paintings" (she replies that she shows her natural skin in videos so she's not pretending)
- A comment saying they don't like champagne pop because of how it sits on the skin (J says that it's the same as the other Becca highlighters)
- A comment (from a guy?) saying they are watching her videos without their girlfriend

That's it. She replied to four comments, out of thousands, and three of which were saying something negative. She spends no time in her comment section. I checked her Twitter, and it seems like she's a little better there, replying to 4-5 people a day.

But social media is her job. That is all she does. I'm astounded that she still has any fans left. I'm amazed she even notices her "haters" considering how little time she spends interacting with social media.
--->LIED that she spends time replying to comments. She only replies to few negative ones amongst thousands of positive ones

--->Makes up stories about anxiety

NOMOREGURUS
Debater
Debater

Post by NOMOREGURUS »

becky2292 wrote:
cmk808 wrote:

On her website: http://www.jaclynhillmakeup.com/

She says "Professional Makeup Artist"

It was on Twitter.

"@CharlotteeeeeS who cares what they say. I am a certified makeup artist so it doesn't matter what they say! haters gonna hate I guess!"

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

NOMOREGURUS wrote: It was on Twitter.

"@CharlotteeeeeS who cares what they say. I am a certified makeup artist so it doesn't matter what they say! haters gonna hate I guess!"
Yeah. I already posted a screenshot of the tweet. With Jaclyn I think we definitely need to be posting the pics of the tweets because she is notorious for deleting.

AnonGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by AnonGirl »

Regarding licensing.

Only a few - like less than 5 as far as I'm aware of - require the professional makeup artist to hold a cosmetology or esthetician license (referred to as a professional license). In almost all states there is no professional licensing requirement for makeup artists working outside of a salon environment. In almost all states in order to work inside a salon environment the person must have a professional license. ANYONE can call themselves professional makeup artist which is the BIGGEST complaint real MUA have. There is a huge argument in the pro world on the fact anyone can call themselves a pro without a license and the fact that most do NOT want to have to be professionally licensed. I'm in the camp that ALL states should require a professional license but that doesn't necessarily mean the person has to go to makeup school but rather take an exam on sanitation and color theory to get a state license to work on people. It also doesn't help that agencies do not require their artists to have a professional license and that the unions only require hair artists to have an active and current cosmetology license.

Jac claims to have worked for MAC but I believe it was as a COUNTER girl not as an actual MAC Artist that MAC promotes on their MAC Pro site (unless you're a MAC Pro you won't be able to see the site, my membership is expired so I can no longer see it). ALL of the MAC Senior Artists have MAC accounts, counter people don't. Example, https://twitter.com/MAC_Jacyln_H does not exist and has never existed as far as an archive search can find. https://twitter.com/MAC_Tiffany_J does as does many other MAC Artists accounts exist. From Tiffany's following page you can see all the official MAC Artists and Jacyln's name is not among them. I can tell you right now that Keri B who has been a MAC Artist for over five years now isn't even following Jaclyn on Twitter.

In the professional world there is a clear line divided by REAL pros on if Jac was a real MUA. Most say she's not while some say she is. No one can recall if she ever was a true MAC Pro Artist but like I pointed out above she's not on Keri B or Tiffany's Twitter account as following. If they worked together even if Jac was no longer working for MAC they probably would still be following her as they do countless other non MAC Artist accounts. I don't believe she worked for MAC other than in a MAC store working with the public selling MAC to people. I know the folks at my local MAC stores do freelance outside of MAC for bridals and other events. I remember once I took my daughter for fun and the woman was pushing her business card on me because we were talking about a special event my daughter was going to. That's my take on Jac's MAC career and how she was a working "pro".

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Well Jaclyn took it a step further by saying she is a CERTIFIED makeup artist. That means she must hold a certificate of some kind. Which as far as I can tell, is a flat out lie.

As far as the controversy of PRO MUA vs not... the proof is in the pudding. Just look at the advice she gives and how she does her makeup vs a trained professional. She uses the wrong color foundation, the wrong color of under eye highlight, the wrong color powder, she "contours" with bronzers, she doesn't give tips for people with hooded lids, or other eye shapes, and she advises every person to place the contour and highlight in the SAME place even though we know it depends on face shape.

frohmitron89
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frohmitron89 »

Calls herself a pro mua but says it's not her dream to be an MUA.... umm?
ImageImage
----------
Where she jusy had to respond and start all of the drama and make it public!
--------
Talks about new imats rules in march before imats
-----------

Just some of what I have.

AnonGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by AnonGirl »

There are plenty of places to become certified so it's possible she does have a certificate from somewhere. Example, if you went to that Kim K and Mario event in LA you'd get a certificate. If you went to Kandee Johnson's Glaminar's you'd get a certificate. If you went to any other makeup seminar you'd get a certificate.

The thing is certificates are garbage! The only certificates acknowledged in the industry are from professional makeup schools such as MUFE and MUD another schools that are accredited. I could tell you the stories told by those working for specific professional companies of how people try to pass off certificates to get pro discounts.... In fact, I can share one that was publicly shared. One chick once tried to pass a fake certificate from MUD to get her discount at Frends Beauty but look at the certificate and you'll see why they blasted her publicly for it.

So if Jac has a certificate it could be from an online course or a seminar but it's basically garbage because certificates are worthless unless from an accredited source.

frohmitron89
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frohmitron89 »

Jaclyn has also recently said she makes a very small amount of money from her affiliate links and that she doesn't do sponsored videos (and had only done 2 a long time ago)
She also doesn't do freelance anymore.

So how is she making enough money for all the expensive luxurious things she has. I don't care how much money she had but she's lying somewhere if she's supposedly not making much from doing youtube yet has all of the things that she has.
She's more sponsored then we think and she's lying about. There's no way around it.

frohmitron89
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frohmitron89 »

Also jaclyn says that it's no one's business how much money she makes in response to any comment abiut disclosures etc

No one's wants to know how much money she makes. But she has to use disclosures when she is making money.

She always distorts things to make then fit around her childish ness and dishonesty.

Return to “Jaclynhill1”