Hating Where You Live?

BornThisWay94

Hating Where You Live?

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I made this thread on the old GG and it was quite popular, so here it is again.

Do any of you absolutely despise where you live? I know I do. I used to live in a huge city but back in 2009, my mom and I moved to a small town about 30-40 minutes outside of it where I currently reside and it's hell. The people here are by far the rudest I've ever encountered; if you aren't rich, they treat you differently. I can't remember how many times where my mom and I went into the grocery store and caught all these women giving us dirty looks because of the way we dressed or something. At the school I went too, kids (Even the freshmen) got brand new Lexus' and Mercedes as well as tons of designer clothes, electronics, and they all lived in huge mansions in gated communities.

Thankfully, I'm moving back to the old city I lived in soon and I can kiss this place goodbye. I have some good friends here, yes, but mostly everyone here is just fake and mean. I got bullied a lot for being different :oops: I'm glad to be leaving!

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hating Where You Live?

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

I kind of hate living in England. But sometimes I like it

princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer

Post by princessvoldemort »

I hate living in the town I live in. Yes, I was born and raised here, but there's too much stupid drama going around. It seems that everybody is in everybody else's business. Most of the people who judge me for being different live in my town. The thing in my town is, "If you ain't a Dutch Conservative Protestant, you ain't much." Yeah, I'm part Dutch, but it's only a tiny bit and my last name is French. I'm Liberal, Catholic, and part Native American and Eastern European.

It's also inconvenient. There's no Target or Walmart in my town, so I have to drive about 30 miles to get the closest Target and 15 miles for the closest Walmart. The closest cinema is about 20 miles If I wanted to buy stuff at Sephora, Ulta, or The Body Shop, I would to drive 45 miles to get there. Problem is, I don't drive and have no interest whatsoever in learning how to drive.

Thankfully, if it all works out, I'll be moving to Milwaukee in January. Everything is a lot closer and in a big city, you have a sense of anonymity, because there's too many people to be in everybody's business.

Trips
Talker
Talker

Post by Trips »

If I don't like the place I live I move. Luckily I'm not particularly tied down by anything other than a job.

I'm planning on moving from London to Exmouth (in Devon) with my boyfriend in February. Had enough of living in big cities and miss being by the sea (I used to live in Portsmouth).
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create. - Albert Einstein

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

I don't like where I live either. There's lots of shops and the like around, but summers are so damn hot it's impossible for me to enjoy them. I also love snow, but we barely get any here. I think after living in this state for 15+ years, I'm just sick of it. I'm also sick of living in the US in general.. the politics, the whole American culture, the education system, the state of the economy and the corruption in the government including rather important agencies like the FDA... all of it disgusts me. I'd like to move to Canada, but everything is so much more expensive there. And it's difficult to immigrate to Europe without a job there or marriage/blood ties. I think we're going to try moving out west somewhere and see how that goes. If all else fails we'll move back to my husband's home country. :sadm:

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

The town I live in has a huge reputation for hicks and 'sluts'. It's a grand town. Can't wait until I'm out of here.

amethystical
Learner
Learner

Post by amethystical »

I live in Oxford in England, and I actually really like it. It's a beautiful city. :) The only problem I have is that since I moved here for a job 6 months ago, I don't know anyone outside of work and I miss having friends I can just hang out with in the evenings or catch up with over the weekend.

furphy
Learner
Learner

Post by furphy »

I live in a suburb of a city, so on paper it's kind of the best of both worlds. I'm very close to the city, but not too close..you know? But, I would love to move. The town I live in is beautiful, but the people...Eh. There's a big money issue here, like most towns there's a rich side and a poor side..And I don't know, it just seems like everyone is trying to prove how "rich" they are.

Luckily, after I finish up my schooling, my career will allow me to travel.
youtube.com/questionablegurus

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

The town I live in is absolutely perfect, so I love where I live when it comes to that - however I'm not a big fan of the house we're in right now. It's my husband's house - he bought it 15 years ago, and while it's a perfectly fine house, with both of us in here it feels really cramped. I had to try and cram my entire house worth of stuff (or get rid of it), as he wasn't getting rid of any of his things.

I really want a bigger kitchen, a 5-pc master bath with a big soaker tub (I *love* taking hot baths in the winter), and a walk-in closet. He would like a 3-car garage, workshop, and "man cave." In this house neither one of us has any real personal space to call our own and we both sort of need that.

So the plan once we finish sprucing up our current place is to put it on the market and hopefully use the proceeds to upgrade to a larger home with all the features we both want. :-D

Bebenugget
Talker
Talker

Post by Bebenugget »

I live in a little english town in spain, the people here are 80 % old people 10% small children and 10% percent bitchy teens. its really boring here, literally nothing to do ! its impossible to get a job, everyone talks about everyone, gossip travels stupidly fast as do rumors here. I HATE IT ! also it pisses me off because im a city person and i live nowhere near anything like a big shopping centre with decent shops and theres nothing to do.

volleyball201211
Debater
Debater

Post by volleyball201211 »

I love my city! It has amazing old houses and several antique stores which I love! There's a lot of bars, though. Crazy fights around here sometimes. but, there is a few too many judgemental people..... our city really doesnt have a poor and rich side, we have plenty of jobs here, etc. which is great because whenever I see homeless people I burst into tears or things similiar...

oh, and the other thing I don't like is the crappy stores! xD
I LOVE CHEEZ-ITS. ESPECIALLY THE FOUR CHEESE ONES
Green Day is the best band in the world
GuruGossip is my reddit

Niina
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Niina »

i live in a normal sized town in Norway, i do really like it, it's beautiful here, but i want to live in a big city, i've only lived in small towns, when i lived in croatia we lived in a small town and in Iceland and now in norway, everytime i go to a big city, i just get a feeling that i just want to live there haha

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

I hate where I live because it's a trashy, scummy place full of crack heads. I live in a decent enough neighborhood but I'm literally scared to walk around after dark (so.. 8 pm?) which I have never had to experience in my life. It's alright when you have a car, but I don't drive, and if the husband is away on business or whatever and I just do my own thing without a car it seriously sucks ass. Only exchange students and a handful of normal people take the bus, and the rest is quite literally homeless, disgusting, crack-addicted scum.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the homeless. I think the people who truly need help should get it. But these people.. just... I don't know. I lived next to the major homeless shelter for a little under a year with my husband (it's downtown) and you have no idea. I've seen people take a SHIT on the sidewalk in the middle of the day. Our car was vandalized and broken into multiple times. I'd have to walk past the shelter often because I used to work downtown in this city, and the only way to get to where I needed to get by foot was walk by it (the other side was the entrance to a highway) and people would stop me, grab my arms to look at my tattoos, strike up conversations and get batshit crazy when I would just walk by them (head down, with headphones - mind you), ask me for money, drugs and all sorts of bullshit. They also had crack-pic nics right infront of my living room window. So, yes. I hated where I live and I still hate it. The city itself is cool but there's just so much... awfulness.

Edit: there are also no jobs here AT ALL. i have to commute 3 hours a day (roundtrip). The commute is tedious and I'm just waiting it for one more year or so, so I can apply to more mid-level jobs rather than entry-level. And hopefully out of state.

The good side: apartmens are cheap and there's a lot of good food places.
Another thing that sucks: ~Ivy League students and artsy assholes all over the place, on the other side of town. It's away from the crack junkies but it's also hipsterville so I rarely venture there.

beau misere
Debater
Debater

Post by beau misere »

I live in the NYC of Canada. Its alright I guess.

azealiabanks
Debater
Debater

Post by azealiabanks »

I live in the Dallas area. It sucks. Get me out of here.

tiamaria
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tiamaria »

I love living in Montreal but besides it i hate the entire province

red-hearted-girl
Learner
Learner

Post by red-hearted-girl »

I live in England and I really like it here, except the weather, but I would definitely love to live in America for a year or something when I'm older!
♡ “And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20) ♡

JbMaun
Talker
Talker

Post by JbMaun »

I live in what has been called the best place to live/retire in Canada. So there are a lot of old people haha but it's also a large student town (we have 2 universities and a college) so there are tons of people my own age. I don't mind it, although sometimes I feel like it's so small that people know my business when I don't want them to.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

Yup, I live in a small town in the south but we were still named one of the top 10 most dangerous places for women to live. It's super fun walking to the bus stop down the street from my house and having men yell, whistle and honk at me. It's awesome when I'm just sitting there, minding my own business when a man over twice my age offers me money for sex. -_-

Fucking hate it here so much. I don't even like leaving my house. Living here for the past few years and really made me grown to HATE men. They disgust me. I don't like feeling that way, but I know it's because of where I live. I want to move somewhere else. :x

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I live in los angeles and i don't like it so far. I've only been here a little over a month though so that could change. I am having a really hard time adjusting, though. I know a lot of people dream of living here but it's not for me. The weather never changes, everything is far and you have to have a car to get anywhere which I hate because I'm so used to being able to either walk or hop on the train and be anywhere I wanted (I'm from Chicago). I also don't like my current living situation but that doesn't have much to do with the city. If it wasn't for job opportunities (supposedly, although I'm having trouble with even that), I wouldn't live here. As I type this it's hot and stuffy in this room and I feel grimy.
imma ball til the day i fall

Return to “Travel”