Travelling - What to bring beauty/make up wise?

SmileyXo
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Travelling - What to bring beauty/make up wise?

Post by SmileyXo »

Heyy! <3 I'm going to India in a weeks time, and I'm so confused as to what to bring with me! My cousins getting married, and I haven't seen my family for 11 years! So I'm just wondering if you guys have any tips on what to bring makeup, body care wise, and packing tips? Please and thank you! <3 Oh, and I'm going from Canada to India!

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Travelling - What to bring beauty/make up wise?

Post by lalal0ve »

- mascara
- concealer
- foundation or bb cream
- moisterizer for before you go to sleep
- eyeshadow, just bring what you will use everyday

Can't think of anything else atm.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

try to keep your makeup bag condensed as much as possible.

travel bottles for foundation so you won't have to carry the weight.

also, if you can, bring things you will not be heartbroken over if you lose it.

palettes of eyeshadow are great- i've lost so many single eyeshadows.

i would suggest getting mini sized products. this is a good excuse to go get some of the sets that sephora sells ;)

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

How long will you be there?

First you need to consider your luggage allowance and how much space you'll have for clothes, beauty products, etc. in total. For a long trip I usually try to do one checked bag and one carry on in which I put more valuable items (camera, laptop..). If you are checking any luggage, then you can bring whatever you want, but if you do a carry on only any liquids/gels etc. have to be in those 1 litre bags with each product 100ml or less. Just something to think about.

For me, I tend to bring my Naked palette since there are so many looks you can do with it, it's small/portable, and I doubt I'll want to use any crazy colors while on vacation. Then I bring one foundation, one blush, a few different lip options and a mascara. For brushes I like to bring double ended ones since they take up less space (Essence of Beauty brushes, for example).

As for body care items like lotion, body wash, shampoo/conditioner, razors, etc. I often don't pack them and instead pick them up at my destination. If you have plenty of luggage space, by all means bring everything, but I'm an over-packer so I need as much space as possible. :P For anything you're particularly attached to, bring it and put it into a smaller jar/container if it's in something bulky.

For packing, I try not to bring many pairs of jeans/thick pants or sweaters since they take up so much space. Depending when you're going and where, India can get pretty cold, especially at night. So if you'll be there during the cooler months I'd bring lots of lightweight clothes to layer and at least one sweater or jacket.

Hope this helped!

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

SmileyXo wrote:Heyy! <3 I'm going to India in a weeks time, and I'm so confused as to what to bring with me! My cousins getting married, and I haven't seen my family for 11 years! So I'm just wondering if you guys have any tips on what to bring makeup, body care wise, and packing tips? Please and thank you! <3 Oh, and I'm going from Canada to India!
I went to India for the first time in March and I took too many things. I barely wore make up there because it was too hot and I didn't feel like looking good for anyone. If I did wear make up, it was concealer and mascara lol. Since you have a wedding, take concealer, foundation, bronzer and/or blush, mascara, eye liner, lipgloss and/or lipstick, and a little eye shadow palette. Attempt to fit all of these in a little make up bag. Try to avoid taking so much make up because you will barely end up using it.

With body care and stuff, I wouldn't take shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and etc with me. If you have sensitive skin, take your lotion moisturizer but you can get everything there. So there's not point in taking extra weight.

Try to get an adapter. I barely wore make up but I did straighten my hair every other day because it would go crazy naturally in the heat.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

I bring all my collection. Because when I travel, I stay for 1+ month. So, my suitcase is 70% makeup :P

keka
Informer
Informer

Post by keka »

Bring an eyeshadow palette (easier to travel than single shadows and can make more looks) along with your face basics. If it's hot make sure you bring makeup that won't melt off and also bring primer and setting spray to help keep your makeup lasting longer. Make sure that all of your makeup is plane-friendly (no huge bottles or glass) and also make sure your makeup is stuff that you wouldn't mind getting lost or broken (for example try not to bring an expensive foundation because you never know what kind of accidents might happen while you're there or on the plane!)

lalaloopsie23
Learner
Learner

What do you bring when you travel?

Post by lalaloopsie23 »

Simply curious. I absolutely love seeing what other people bring when they travel, and I'm traveling in a little over a week so I'm extra curious now! :)

I'm thinking like a week to two week long trip. I usually say I'm not going to bring that much because I probably won't use much of it anyway, but then I always end up taking a crap load of makeup and (as expected) use hardly any of it.

ritabos
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ritabos »

While travelling it is important to take care of your face and skin. For that, you need to take your beauty products with you. Use cream, lotion and sunscreen to protect the skin. Any other things that you used in your day to do life.

Return to “Travel”