Your favorite healthy recipes

toadstool
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your favorite healthy recipes

Post by toadstool »

avocado + roasted sweet potato + refried beans + rice + salsa/hotsauce + other veggies u want = sooo good

roasted sweet potato + baked tofu + red lettuce + avocado + pepper + whole wheat bread = very yummy sandwich

also tom yum soup! lemon grass + shiitake mushrooms + kafir lime leaves (can sub a plain old lime tho) + tofu + tomatoes + fish sauce (if u eat fish)

glencoco
Learner
Learner

Post by glencoco »

I discovered a new way to make salad dressing with just two ingredients.
A handful of walnuts + half of a red bell pepper. Soak the walnuts for about ten minutes, drain the water, and add the to a blender with the red bell pepper. I like to add this on salads and quinoa. :D

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Oil-free, salt-free, basically calorie free "vinaigrette": balsamic vinegar, a splash of lemon juice, a squirt of Dijon, pepper, oregano, basil, whatever herbs/spices you want

Cut up a potato like steak fries but don't put any oil or salt on it. Just put herbs and spices on it. Put it in the oven at 350 or 375 F for 40-45 minutes. It tastes amazing.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

fossilfinger wrote:Oil-free, salt-free, basically calorie free "vinaigrette": balsamic vinegar, a splash of lemon juice, a squirt of Dijon, pepper, oregano, basil, whatever herbs/spices you want

Cut up a potato like steak fries but don't put any oil or salt on it. Just put herbs and spices on it. Put it in the oven at 350 or 375 F for 40-45 minutes. It tastes amazing.
totally agree, been doing that for about 6 months and love it :D It's what I make when I want a healthy version of fish n chips.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

baked sweet potato + goat cheese = heaven
:love2: :love2:

pinkhippos
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pinkhippos »

I love making a quinoa salad and I usually make it in bulk so I can pack it for lunch for a week.

Ingredients:
- quinoa
- beans (I use a sprouted bean trio I get from Costco)
- loads of veggies (cucumbers, tomatoes, kale, corn, peas, broccoli florets...)
- avocado
- chopped apple (something crunchy like honey crisp, red delicious, and Granny Smith works best)
- shredded cheese (I usually use something milder like mozzarella)

I usually play around with different vegetables every time I make it but the process is usually the same. My ratios are usually 50% veggies and fruit, 25% quinoa, 20% beans and 5% cheese.

I season it with salt, pepper, and cayenne. For the dressing I use Dijon mustard mixed with lemon juice. It's really easy to make and like any salad, you can customize it to your taste buds.

wanderer
Debater
Debater

Post by wanderer »

pinkhippos wrote:I love making a quinoa salad and I usually make it in bulk so I can pack it for lunch for a week.

Ingredients:
- quinoa
- beans (I use a sprouted bean trio I get from Costco)
- loads of veggies (cucumbers, tomatoes, kale, corn, peas, broccoli florets...)
- avocado
- chopped apple (something crunchy like honey crisp, red delicious, and Granny Smith works best)
- shredded cheese (I usually use something milder like mozzarella)

I usually play around with different vegetables every time I make it but the process is usually the same. My ratios are usually 50% veggies and fruit, 25% quinoa, 20% beans and 5% cheese.

I season it with salt, pepper, and cayenne. For the dressing I use Dijon mustard mixed with lemon juice. It's really easy to make and like any salad, you can customize it to your taste buds.
This sounds amazing :) The times when I've had quinoa I didn't like it that much but I wanna try this. Do you eat it cold? (Might be a dumb question)

pinkhippos
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pinkhippos »

wanderer wrote:This sounds amazing :) The times when I've had quinoa I didn't like it that much but I wanna try this. Do you eat it cold? (Might be a dumb question)
Yes, I prefer to eat it cold! It tastes exceptionally better when you let it sit in the fridge overnight so all the flavours have time to blend together. I usually don't like quinoa either (mostly because of the smell) and this is the only way I'll eat it. Hopefully you like it if you get the chance to try it!

Return to “Food”