ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

UKs traditional candy/sweets

Post by ggeyeliner »

Hey.
I'm from northen europe but my sister just moved to UK and she wants to bring some awesome UK candy to our family for Christmas but she doesn't know what to bring. She isn't really a sweet tooth so she doesn't know what tastes good.

So if you are from UK and lets say you have to bring some godies for friend what would you bring?

Price shouldn't be high but itrm itself should be big enough for present.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

Beth_munday
Informer
Informer

Re: UKs traditional candy/sweets

Post by Beth_munday »

I'm not a big sweet eater and I'm not sure what you do/dong have where you are but she should get malteasers, aero, Mr Kipling cakes, pick and mix sweets (this differs from shop to shop with what you get so she can get a good selection), they have about 244324 varieties of cadbury out right now so ask her to grab a bunch.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

She could buy some traditional 'penny sweet' type sweets. For example, coconut mushrooms, pink shrimps, foam bananas, flying saucers, sherbet fountain etc. I think Marks and Spencers do their own versions now which are very affordable.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

CADBURY TURKISH

OMG OMG OMG

It's so good.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Sherbert Dab
Marks & Spencer's Ginger Snaps & Chocolate Digestives (every other brand aren't as good)
Cadbury Buttons
Cadbury Flake
If she can bring back liquids - Irn-Bru (but that's more of a Scottish thing than a British thing; and you can find it at a lot of speciality food stores & British bakeries even in North America. I find I can get it everywhere and every resto while in Glasgow, but as soon as I headed out to Manchester or London I couldn't get it in fast food places? Maybe it's changed though - I haven't been back in 3 years now :()

oddxsox
Talker
Talker

Post by oddxsox »

Anything from cadbury- delicious!! Sherbet lemons, flying saucers, chocolate eclairs, toffees, jelly tots.. the list is endless haha

QADIR
Lurker
Lurker

Post by QADIR »

Cadburys chocolate is honestly the best! I also would recommend jawbreakers, pic and mix, butter candies and milka Although most sweet and chocolates are good tbh.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I'm not from the UK but I have a suggestion to add along with all the others (for anyone who's looking at this for info since frankly, I'm very late). If I were to get a goodie bag full of sweets, I'd throw in some Parma Violets. I like them but you'll definitely get a variety of reactions. I don't know, I just love testing people by giving them strange flavours.

mangotemptation99
Learner
Learner

Post by mangotemptation99 »

Cadbury's & Jaffa cakes.

Return to “Food”